Is there anyone on thai board who was helped by Affirmative Action?

You can't "prove" or "link" a cultural observation, Einstein.

Thanks for calling me Einstein, but I don't consider myself as such. He's saying all these advancements by women stem from AA. Surely there has to be some facts that shows a correlation, if not causation?

I don't see where he made that conclusion. Surely there has to be some quote that demonstrates it?

Or did you assume your own strawman? Like the one about women being useless?

Einstein-218x300.jpg

Maybe I took what he wrote the wrong way. I'm not going to lie, Einstein sticking his tongue out made me laugh. Hahaha

I got favorable treatment for a job because of my veteran status.

I went to school under the GI Bill.

I got a special deal on a mortgage because of my veteran status.

I get a property tax exemption because of my veteran status.

Does any of that count as help?

There's no doubt women, in particularly white women, have benefited the most from AA, but not to the extent you're talking about. Interesting to see that you believe AA has been the key to the success of women. Shows how little you think of women

Exactly the extent I am talking about. With Afirmative Action, women had a tool to force access into positions they were formerly restricted from. The burden of proof was put onto employers.
Some women failed in the new positions but enough were successful to open the doors for our wives and daughters today

So you feel without affirmative action women are useless. Got it.

Actually, if you are qualified for educational and employment opportunities but are denied them because of your race or sex you are as good as useless

Affirmative Action changed that

I'd say three out of four do. The GI bill would be the government giving you a perk for services you rendered. The others though are not the government, unless the job related to it.

Anyone? Anyone?

Post your stories here

Grampa Murked U - Where, if anywhere, does personal responsibility fit into that? I made shit wages when I started out in life. In fact my first two bosses only hired me because of the tax incentives they got for hiring an ex con.

Does that qualify as "Affirmative Action"?

Thanks for calling me Einstein, but I don't consider myself as such. He's saying all these advancements by women stem from AA. Surely there has to be some facts that shows a correlation, if not causation?

I don't see where he made that conclusion. Surely there has to be some quote that demonstrates it?

Einstein-218x300.jpg

Maybe I took what he wrote the wrong way. I'm not going to lie, Einstein sticking his tongue out made me laugh. Hahaha

As I read it what he's saying is the traditions of employment kept women (in this case) at a disadvantage through no fault of their own and that the law forced the employer to desist employing that disadvantage. What you're suggesting seems to be the opposite: that women didn't deserve it until the law said they did.

It may be argued that such a law applies an artificial preference; but the traditional mindset that existed before certainly applied its own artificial preference.

Last edited:
Exactly the extent I am talking about. With Afirmative Action, women had a tool to force access into positions they were formerly restricted from. The burden of proof was put onto employers.
Some women failed in the new positions but enough were successful to open the doors for our wives and daughters today

Actually, if you are qualified for educational and employment opportunities but are denied them because of your race or sex you are as good as useless

Let's assume you're correct about the historical value of AA. The bigger issue is is there a need for it in today's society?

Yeah, but none of that has to do with AA.

Let's assume you're correct about the historical value of AA. The bigger issue is is there a need for it in today's society?

Affirmative Action has changed from what it was 30-40 years ago. For the most part, quotas have gone away and been replaced by ensuring access. The legal remedies of Affirmative Action are still needed

That's the question, innit? That, and how it's applied. Here is the pitfall, from the ACRI link I posted earlier:

"Contrary to the original intent, many present day affirmative action programs exist as color-conscious rather than color-blind programs."

Prohibiting demographics from being a basis for employment is one thing; actually requiring that they be artificially reflected in a quota system is a whole 'nother smoke. This is in fact where Liberalism and leftism part ways.

Einstein-218x300.jpg

As I read it what he's saying is the traditions of employment kept women (in this case) at a disadvantage through no fault of their own and that the law forced the employer to desist employing that disadvantage. What you're suggesting seems to be the opposite: that women didn't deserve it until the law said they did.

It may be argued that such a law applies an artificial preference; but the traditional mindset that existed before certainly applied its own artificial preference.

I think the reason why I may have come to such a conclusion is the stigma of AA
. I.e. The thought that the undeserving get ahead.

Anyone? Anyone?

Post your stories here

Grampa Murked U - Where, if anywhere, does personal responsibility fit into that? I made shit wages when I started out in life. In fact my first two bosses only hired me because of the tax incentives they got for hiring an ex con.

Does that qualify as "Affirmative Action"?

No it doesn't qualify. No surprise that you're too stupid to realize it.

And by the way. You quoting that over and over like a retard is pointless. You clearly missed the point of that story and as such recounting it is meaningless. I'm still 10 times the man you will ever be you little internet troll. Now go get your new talking points faggot

Anyone on this board have a daughter?

Is she involved in sports? If she is, you can thank Title 9 which opened up equal access for womens sports

Before Title 9, Girls sports were Field Hockey, Basketball and Softball.....mostly Cheerleading

Any young girl today has a dozen or more sports available to her plus equipment and facilities

The thread completely backfired on rightwinger and that is why he has turned it into a discussion about women.

Thread fail

That is because Conservatives like to use Affirmative Action as a hammer against blacks. You only got where you are because of Affirmative Action

They don't like to admit that their own wives and daughters benefitted from the program

The thread completely backfired on rightwinger and that is why he has turned it into a discussion about women.

Thread fail

That is because Conservatives like to use Affirmative Action as a hammer against blacks. You only got where you are because of Affirmative Action

They don't like to admit that their own wives and daughters benefitted from the program

Tell me again which pew do I kneel behind as I pray to the looney left?

Thread fail

Tell me again which pew do I kneel behind as I pray to the looney left?

I don't really care.......as long as you put money in the collection plate

I was, I had a job paying 90k a year. Then one day this black guy came in smoking Newports saying he wanted a job but he had no skills. He had tattoos on his face and a orange jumpsuit. The next thing I knew my boss told me that this guy was replacing me and had no experience! I COULDNT BELIEVE IT!

I lost my job because of that and AA sucks

:lol:

We have all been hurt by affirmative action, considering our President.

Haha you just can't admit to your thread fail. We all know what you were looking for when you created this thread.
Much like unions, affirmative action has outlived it's usefulness. Both are now a drain on society.

Forum List

Back