Is this a fair representative of Christianity?

Considering he based his entire non violent movement on the teachings of Jesus Christ that these "enlightened" christians taught I think he would be rather vocal in pointing out that your attempts to make it look like he didn't like christians. In fact he would probably encourage you to listen to the Christians you attack so often and take the good they have and use it in your own life.

No, Ghandi told Christians to take their own advice and actually put it into practice if they expect others to embrace their religion.

The problem with "Christians" is two-fold:

(1) Many aren't
(2) Many don't act like it

We recently had to leave our church because my husband went to our (former) Pastor and he (the Pastor) copped attitude with him, said and acted in a VERY un-Christian like manner (unprovoked) -- this, in addition to not being there for us in time of need. That doesn't change my love for God. God is perfect.

Our former Pastor is not.

The Kingdom Hall and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints doesn't pay their Pastors. They don't pay any of their staff members. Most ChristIan organizations are for profit companies. My church uses almost half of its operating cost to pay 11 employees above average salaries.

Does the LDS church then have leaders that have outside jobs? How do they live?
I would say over half of "income" went to salaries, and that as just for 2 people. Small church.

Savvy philanthropist won't donate money to an organization that spends more than 25% of its revenues on administrative cost. That includes advertising and salaries. Christian churches are full of creative thieves. I guess it is ok though. People keep throwing their money at inefficient churches. They still don't have temples that are as impressive as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints probably meets that 25% level.

Are you LDS?

No, Ghandi told Christians to take their own advice and actually put it into practice if they expect others to embrace their religion.

The problem with "Christians" is two-fold:

(1) Many aren't
(2) Many don't act like it

We recently had to leave our church because my husband went to our (former) Pastor and he (the Pastor) copped attitude with him, said and acted in a VERY un-Christian like manner (unprovoked) -- this, in addition to not being there for us in time of need. That doesn't change my love for God. God is perfect.

Our former Pastor is not.

The Kingdom Hall and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints doesn't pay their Pastors. They don't pay any of their staff members. Most ChristIan organizations are for profit companies. My church uses almost half of its operating cost to pay 11 employees above average salaries.

Does the LDS church then have leaders that have outside jobs? How do they live?
I would say over half of "income" went to salaries, and that as just for 2 people. Small church.

Savvy philanthropist won't donate money to an organization that spends more than 25% of its revenues on administrative cost. That includes advertising and salaries. Christian churches are full of creative thieves. I guess it is ok though. People keep throwing their money at inefficient churches. They still don't have temples that are as impressive as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints probably meets that 25% level.

Are you LDS?

Nope but I have read the Book of Mormon. If I was single I would join the Mormon church in a heartbeat and learn everything that I could. My wife isn't as enamored with Mormons as I am. They are something incredible. They blow my freaking mind.

My desire to be devoted to my wife for life trumps my desire to be Mormon.

For the record I think the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the second most awesome religion in the world. Christianity is the most awesome religion in the world. I know that is an odd view for an atheist

Assumptions. Got any proof other than the scrolls that are kept in your skull? You seem to demand some documented proof from other people but never possess any of your own. Then when you can't produce it throw it all in and call the person a nazi. Do you even know what that is? Maybe you should google it before you answer. Don't just ask Jeremiah, she thinks superman is a fallen angel sent here to kill us all

Proof of what? that Michal objected when DAVID kinda made a display of himself
by dancing to the point of immodesty in the presence of the young ladies of
Jerusalem? It is so recorded in the bible-----I was not there. Some information on the event may show up in the midrash or gemara.-------I will ask around. I do not read aramaic. Hubby finds reading Aramaic "painful." There are lots of Nazis posting on this messageboard.

PS ---you have the post in which Jeremiah claimed that superman is a fallen angel-------out to kill us? Superman came from the planet KRYPTON
in a small space traveling vehicle. He was a baby when he landed in "SMALLVILLE"-----he was always on the side of good---TRUTH, JUSTICE and THE AMERICAN WAY. Interestingly enough-----his baby name, KAEL----is something like the name of an angel ---the "el" part hooked on the end
makes it seem so. Kael----roughly translated means "like G-d"

Exposing Satan s deception US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Posts 1-6

I will share this again since it likely got buried in Rosie's tantrum where she picked out dancing on a balcony which WAS NOT the major point of this post. As I said before people pick their own agenda so they can call attention to themselves off the thread topic.

Please allow me to share:

If Christian people want to attract others to their faith be an attraction for it. How many people want to be a part of a church that does nothing but tell people God is going to beat their brains out? A good number of people have been disillusioned with Christianity not because of Christ but because of people who claim they are acting on His behalf. Many Christians have lost or never had a passion for God nor sought God in how to use the grace (gift) He has given them to minister to people. I am just now realizing that my unique gift is my wit and humor and it brings me joy as well as ministering to others. I have excuses to be downtrodden but I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I don't set up and build a house there. Let me illustrate an example of someone who set many on fire with his passion...

This man had a passion and fire so strong it was infectious. Even if one didn't care about his cause some wished they could just be around him for a vapor of time so that it would rub off on them. He drew people to his cause and changed many people's mind about the way in which certain species in nature were perceived. Am I talking about Paul? Jesus? David? No...I am describing Steve Irwin. This type of passion he had was so hot that if you were in the distance of his shadow it got all over you. Some didn't like him but no one can deny that he didn't believe in his cause.

That is the type of passion that Jesus has called Christians to have. Did people make fun of Steve? Sure but he never let that criticism touch him. Like David danced before the Lord on his balcony unashamed and full of passion for God, Steve acted in that same manner toward the world. Do I love crocs and want to kiss them on the nose? No but I respect their majesty in a new way because he shared his passion for them and when I see a croc on a nature show I always think of him and remember his teaching. People may not always remember what you look like or your name but they will remember your passion and your message if your spirit is on fire for the Lord.

Oh gee, trinity------its the BALCONY issue that which bothered you? I did not know-------in fact the BALCONY error on YOUR part is actually quite a significant
error. ----It screws up the story------DAVID DANCED BEFORE THE ARK-----ie the
thing holding the tablets---in the midst of the crowd------dancing on the balcony WOULD have been weird----
like a Ziegfield production. The story not only reveals his humanity but his "common touch" It is very important to the narrative and to the excellent
character development displayed in the bible. ---the David character developemment is classic fine literature-----among the finest in ancient writings

Oh gee, trinity------its the BALCONY issue that which bothered you? I did not know-------in fact the BALCONY error on YOUR part is actually quite a significant
thing holding the tablets---in the midst of the crowd------dancing on the balcony WOULD have been weird----
like a Ziegfield production. The story not only reveals his humanity but his "common touch" It is very important to the narrative and to the excellent
character development displayed in the bible. ---the David character developemment is classic fine literature-----among the finest in ancient writings
And here she goes again totally missing the value of the message. I am not getting into your issues again today. You are a prime example of self centeredness which is that base of all bitterness. Things would not bother you if you do not put yourself in the center of it.

And here she goes again totally missing the value of the message. I am not getting into your issues again today. You are a prime example of self centeredness which is that base of all bitterness. Things would not bother you if you do not put yourself in the center of it.

what Message? You see a message in the fact that DAVID DANCED?
How charming------dancing was and remains an important component of
celebration amongst jews-----music, song and dance. It is for that reason
that DAVID is so highly esteemed-----as SWEET SINGER OF ISRAEL.
Tell me the truth----you have never been in a synagogue on holidays such as
the one called "SIMCHAT TORAH"----- If you have not you cannot understand
the significance of the episode of David DANCING BEFORE THE ARK WITH ALL HIS
MIGHT

Last edited:
I will share this again since it likely got buried in Rosie's tantrum where she picked out dancing on a balcony which WAS NOT the major point of this post. As I said before people pick their own agenda so they can call attention to themselves off the thread topic.

If Christian people want to attract others to their faith be an attraction for it. How many people want to be a part of a church that does nothing but tell people God is going to beat their brains out? A good number of people have been disillusioned with Christianity not because of Christ but because of people who claim they are acting on His behalf. Many Christians have lost or never had a passion for God nor sought God in how to use the grace (gift) He has given them to minister to people. I am just now realizing that my unique gift is my wit and humor and it brings me joy as well as ministering to others. I have excuses to be downtrodden but I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I don't set up and build a house there. Let me illustrate an example of someone who set many on fire with his passion...

This man had a passion and fire so strong it was infectious. Even if one didn't care about his cause some wished they could just be around him for a vapor of time so that it would rub off on them. He drew people to his cause and changed many people's mind about the way in which certain species in nature were perceived. Am I talking about Paul? Jesus? David? No...I am describing Steve Irwin. This type of passion he had was so hot that if you were in the distance of his shadow it got all over you. Some didn't like him but no one can deny that he didn't believe in his cause.

That is the type of passion that Jesus has called Christians to have. Did people make fun of Steve? Sure but he never let that criticism touch him. Like David danced before the Lord on his balcony unashamed and full of passion for God, Steve acted in that same manner toward the world. Do I love crocs and want to kiss them on the nose? No but I respect their majesty in a new way because he shared his passion for them and when I see a croc on a nature show I always think of him and remember his teaching. People may not always remember what you look like or your name but they will remember your passion and your message if your spirit is on fire for the Lord.
I really can't tell if your version of on fire for Jesus is sexual or not.

I'm just grateful that so many agree that kgrill is not a Christian role model.

No it is not sexual in any way. I was trying to convey that Christians should have the type of exuberance for the word and the Lord as Steve Irwin had for something he totally sold out for and died promoting

Last edited:
Here is very good advice to live by:
Offense is like bars of a castle that prevent you from experiencing the abundant life of Jesus. The moment offense lifts its ugly head, send it back to the devil by refusing to keep it in your heart. If you allow it to stay, offense will grow like a weed and destroy your harvest. You cannot afford it. The price is too high!

No it is not sexual in any way. I was trying to convey that Christians should have the type of exuberance for the word and the Lord as Steve Irwin had for something he totally sold out for and died promoting
Interesting. I thought Irwin was stupid.

Interesting. I thought Irwin was stupid.

I loved Steve Irwin!!! He was insane. I agree with Trinity. he was on fire for nature and his enthusiasm was infectious. He was a great ambassador for animals and nature. That's what Trinity is talking about...being a good ambassador of your faith. You don't have to tell people what to believe or proselytize, just live your life with a fire for the Lord and let people come to you to get a little of what you are experiencing. Who the fuck wants to get a little of what Koshergrl and Jeremiah are experiencing? No one is going to look at them with awe and say "I want some of THAT!" They are terrible ambassadors of their faith.

:dunno:Sometimes I feel like Jesus talking to his disciples in the book of Mark

:rofl: Mark certainly depicts the disciples as blithering idiots. I love Mark 7:14-23.

Disciples: "Master tell us the meaning of this parable."

Jesus: "What fucking parable? That wasn't a parable you insipid clods! I couldn't have said it any clearer and more straightforward! Eat whatever the hell you want. Good God on His throne! What the fuck is the matter with you people?!"

Forum List

Back