Is This Really Racism?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Back when I was a kid I had a conversation with a guy who claimed to be in the Ku Klux Klan and he advocated some things that I thought was wrong, but now I am told it was racist. While I think that the man was racist, I dont think these particular items are in and of themselves racist.

1. He said that blacks were owed reparations by whites and if they did not stay in their pace they would extract theme ventually from our taxes.

2. Said that the War on Drugs was just a way to keep blacks in their place.

3. He claimed that the US Constitution was written to preserve a republic dominated by a majority population and that minority rights were always expected to take second place in the hierarchy of what needed to be done. That this implied that whites will always run the country to suit themselves unless whites were made into a minority in their own country. This was something he felt that blacks fully intended to do. Is casting such malignant goals onto blacks in and of itself racist?

4. Finally he said that the only way that whites and blacks could ever live peacefully was to deport all blacks and form a new nation with that population, even if it meant conceding some territory to do so.

Are these specific items irredeemably racist or on the whole, or not at all?

Back when I was a kid I had a conversation with a guy who claimed to be in the Ku Klux Klan and he advocated some things that I thought was wrong, but now I am told it was racist. While I think that the man was racist, I dont think these particular items are in and of themselves racist.

1. He said that blacks were owed reparations by whites and if they did not stay in their pace they would extract theme ventually from our taxes.

2. Said that the War on Drugs was just a way to keep blacks in their place.

3. He claimed that the US Constitution was written to preserve a republic dominated by a majority population and that minority rights were always expected to take second place in the hierarchy of what needed to be done. That this implied that whites will always run the country to suit themselves unless whites were made into a minority in their own country. This was something he felt that blacks fully intended to do. Is casting such malignant goals onto blacks in and of itself racist?

4. Finally he said that the only way that whites and blacks could ever live peacefully was to deport all blacks and form a new nation with that population, even if it meant conceding some territory to do so.

Are these specific items irredeemably racist or on the whole, or not at all?

more like stupid than racist

He was more like JimBowie than anyone else on the Board.

1. Not well thought out as a statement.

2. No.

3. A minority of whites believe this.

4. Racist.

1. He said that blacks were owed reparations by whites

No KKK member ever said that.

Jimmiie is just lying again.

1. He said that blacks were owed reparations by whites

No KKK member ever said that.

Jimmiie is just lying again.
Probably so.

Forum List

Back