Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

Is Tom Brady the Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 33 62.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
Eliza-Dushku-Sexy-Dance-Gif-In-Bring-It-On.gif
I would love to see a gif of you doing that in a little cheerleading outfit.

First quarterback to win 5 Super Bowls...and does it in the free agent era with completely different sets of receivers for each win!

Sets a new Super Bowl record for passing yards...

But two more of you show up this morning and cast a vote that he's not the greatest of all time? How pathetic does that make you?
Again....rings measure TEAMS not individuals. Barry Sanders is the greatest RB ever - how many rings does he have?

None of them have ever done what Tom Brady did last night.

post-30756-Cameron-Diaz-booty-dance-gif-C-lIeJ.gif

Brady has more passing yards than Marino, more TDs, MORE Championships
Marino still has the most 400+ yard games in NFL history, the most TD's per game in NFL history, and the most passing yards per game in history. The only reason Brady has more total yards and TD's is because he's played in a lot more games. Just like the only reason Emmitt Smith has more yards than Barry Sanders is because he played in a lot more games.

I don't know where you get your numbers from, but Brady actually has more regular season TD passes than Marino did in fewer regular season games. Brady: 456 TD in 237 games, Marino: 420 TD in 242 games. In the playoffs, Brady: 61 TD in 33 games, Marino: 32 TD in 18 games. So the totals are Brady: 517 TD in 270 games, Marino: 452 TD in 260 games. Brady clearly has thrown more TDs per game.

It's similar with passing yards per game. Brady: 259.8 regular season, 261.5 playoffs. Marino: 253.6 regular season, 250.6 playoffs.

Drew Brees and Peyton Manning also both surpass Marino in TD per game and yards per game.

Tom Brady Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Dan Marino Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Drew Brees and Peyton Manning both have more 400+ yard passing games than Marino now. Marino had 15 (13 regular season, 2 post season). Manning had 17 (14 regular season, 3 post season). Brees has 18 (15 regular season, 3 post season).

List of NFL quarterbacks who have passed for 400 or more yards in a game - Wikipedia

I'm not trying to take anything away from Marino, the game has become more weighted toward the pass over the years. When you give false statistics, though, it makes one wonder about the rest of your argument.

Marino still has the most 400+ yard games in NFL history, the most TD's per game in NFL history, and the most passing yards per game in history. The only reason Brady has more total yards and TD's is because he's played in a lot more games. Just like the only reason Emmitt Smith has more yards than Barry Sanders is because he played in a lot more games.
I'm not going to argue too much because of your Barry reference but I don't give a fuck how many yards Dan Marino piled up in the regular season. Woopi Doo. Get the fuck out of here with that Marino bs. LOL

I don't know where you get your numbers from, but Brady actually has more regular season TD passes than Marino did in fewer regular season games. Brady: 456 TD in 237 games, Marino: 420 TD in 242 games. In the playoffs, Brady: 61 TD in 33 games, Marino: 32 TD in 18 games. So the totals are Brady: 517 TD in 270 games, Marino: 452 TD in 260 games. Brady clearly has thrown more TDs per game.

It's similar with passing yards per game. Brady: 259.8 regular season, 261.5 playoffs. Marino: 253.6 regular season, 250.6 playoffs.

Drew Brees and Peyton Manning also both surpass Marino in TD per game and yards per game.

Tom Brady Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Dan Marino Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Drew Brees and Peyton Manning both have more 400+ yard passing games than Marino now. Marino had 15 (13 regular season, 2 post season). Manning had 17 (14 regular season, 3 post season). Brees has 18 (15 regular season, 3 post season).

List of NFL quarterbacks who have passed for 400 or more yards in a game - Wikipedia

I'm not trying to take anything away from Marino, the game has become more weighted toward the pass over the years. When you give false statistics, though, it makes one wonder about the rest of your argument.
I heard Marino has 100 more interceptions than Tom Brady. If that's true, then that's the difference between 5 superbowls and squat.

Marino has a losing record in the playoffs

Marino could put up big numbers against bottom dwellers during the regular season. But when he had to play playoff caliber teams, he was choke city
Shocking....another thread....another post where Wrongwinger simply makes stuff up. Literally just makes stuff up. It's amazing that he never feels shame when people correct him with the facts.

In only his second year in the NFL (you know - when Tom Brady was riding the bench in New England because he wasn't good enough to start) Marino torched the vaunted Pittsburgh Steelers defense (lead by the ultimate bad-ass Jack Lambert) to win the AFC Championship:

21 of 32 (65.63%) for 421 yards 4 TD's and 1 INT

You didn't seem to care that Steve Young sat on the bench behind Montana.

Tom Brady is the best football player in history. Nobody can deny that.

I certainly can. ;)
You can but you would be wrong. Who is the best? Can you name him? Can you get 10 people to agree that person is better than Tom Brady? Bullshit.

Better football player, not quarterback, and in history, not the Super Bowl era? Go back to when players had to play offense and defense, go back to someone like Otto Graham who went to the championship game in every single season he played, there are tons of choices. Even in the SB era, you will find people who would consider any number of all-time greats better football players.

Tom Brady is the best football player in history. Nobody can deny that.

I certainly can. ;)
You can but you would be wrong. Who is the best? Can you name him? Can you get 10 people to agree that person is better than Tom Brady? Bullshit.

Better football player, not quarterback, and in history, not the Super Bowl era? Go back to when players had to play offense and defense, go back to someone like Otto Graham who went to the championship game in every single season he played, there are tons of choices. Even in the SB era, you will find people who would consider any number of all-time greats better football players.

Now you guys are becoming pathetic. LOL. You can't say Montana is better anymore, not Bradshaw, not Marino so you pull these guys out of your ass.

upload_2017-2-6_11-22-48.jpeg
1839 × 2755 - en.wikipedia.org

No one is taking you seriously. Stop it. I get it. You don't like Brady but the fact is he is money. Never count him out.

What part of Super bowl MVP went over your head?
What part of "wasn't even good enough to get off the bench" during his first two years while Marino was re-writing the record books during his went over your head? :dunno:

Did Brady not get off the bench because of HIS play...or did he not get off the bench because he was a sixth round draft pick playing behind a Pro Bowl quarterback, Drew Bledso? Marino was Miami's number one pick. He started because they didn't have anyone else remotely as good! Your position is nonsensical! What's important is what Brady did once he WAS allowed off the bench!

What part of Super bowl MVP went over your head?
What part of "wasn't even good enough to get off the bench" during his first two years while Marino was re-writing the record books during his went over your head? :dunno:

Did Brady not get off the bench because of HIS play...or did he not get off the bench because he was a sixth round draft pick playing behind a Pro Bowl quarterback, Drew Bledso? Marino was Miami's number one pick. He started because they didn't have anyone else remotely as good! Your position is nonsensical! What's important is what Brady did once he WAS allowed off the bench!
I want to thank p@triot Alex and la ram fan. Without them I would have been rooting against the Patriots. They made me feel like I won something

What did Brady do?!? :dunno:

No player has won 5 Super Bowls, on one team, no one in the 51 years of Super Bowls. Not Montana, not Bradshaw, and those two had multiple players win the four Super Bowls with them.

Brady and Charles Haley are the only players with five rings.

The point is, for all they nay saying Brady is in very rare air.

What did Brady do?!? :dunno:

No player has won 5 Super Bowls, on one team, no one in the 51 years of Super Bowls. Not Montana, not Bradshaw, and those two had multiple players win the four Super Bowls with them.

Brady and Charles Haley are the only players with five rings.

The point is, for all they nay saying Brady is in very rare air.

Don’t look at Tom Brady next to Joe Montana or Otto Graham. Compare him to Freddy Krueger or Michael Myers.
Mark Wahlberg, no stranger to scary movies (Fear), left early believing the sequel’s box-office draw already dead. But killing Brady proves about as easy as killing Jason. He comes back, again and again and again.

Down 25 points in the third quarter, the 39-going-on-29 quarterback engineered the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history. Like Ringo, he relied on a little help from his friends.

Julian Edelman’s circus catch in triple coverage, Dont’a Hightower’s strip sack leading to a quick Danny Amendola touchdown, and the Pats D pushing the Falcons out of field-goal range to force a punt in the fourth quarter all made the impossible possible.

But mainly, it was Brady. And all the while, you could hear the creepy Halloween piano tinkling in the background.

He threw for 466 yards, shattering a Super Bowl record held for 17 years by Kurt Warner, and completed 43 passes to set another record. He threw for 195 yards in the fourth quarter, slashing the Atlanta Falcons secondary and cutting out the heart of the team’s long-suffering fanbase. By the time the silver dollar landed on heads, the conclusion, like so many horror endings, seemed a fait accompli.

We saw him kill the St. Louis Rams, Carolina Panthers, and Seattle Seahawks similarly. Fans of horror know that in the sequels the similar gets done more spectacularly. So, midway through the third quarter, when the Falcons enjoyed a 99.6 percent win probability, Tom Brady decided that he liked those odds and did what Tom Brady does. That was Super Bowl 51. That was the last 15 or so seasons.

“We all brought each other back,” the Super Bowl MVP, reverting from slasher villain to his aw-shucks alter ego, reflected after the game. “We never felt out of it.”

Jason Voorhees, Not Joe Montana, the Proper Comparison for Tom Brady - Breitbart

Forum List

Back