Is Trump right, is Baltimore a national embarrassment

scarcity of capital creates a vicious cycle because new, organic and home-grown business formation is a rarity, so the new jobs that come with new businesses never appear.

Even worse, aspiring business owners and inventors in the inner city are often precluded from receiving sustaining government assistance while they pursue their dreams.

"Unemployment and disability insurance, for example, often have bars on self-employment and outside income while receiving benefits. Only a handful of states (which administer unemployment) allow entrepreneurs to collect benefits (and stop seeking salaried and hourly work) while they start-up. Maryland, for example, stopped accepting the funds available under federal law to administer such a program"

The Trump administration has created 139 opportunity zones in the tiny State of MD to encourage new investment.

I wonder how the voice of the nation would respond if a Democrat president called out districts and congressmen who represent districts in rural Appalachia or the Mississippi Delta? Is the opioid crisis one of the jewels in the crown? What conditions there are the tangible evidence rural America are great places to live?

Actually, Democrat Presidents have.

They've denounced the Honky population as "the Basket of Deplorables clinging to the firearms and Holy Bibles"

Plenty of Republicans in Congress have been "called out" by Leftards. The Turtle is the favorite target nowadays, but in the not so distant past, men like Tancredo, Alan West, Santorum, and others. The amount of money that the liberal demagogues raised over the years to denounce Jesse Helms was incredible.
Here's the difference. These aren't backbenchers talking to the Dogpatch Gazette. This is the President of the United States. And this president is running for re-election. This is his campaign. Divide Americans one from another. Are you proud of that kind of politics? It's politics by subtraction.

I wonder how the voice of the nation would respond if a Democrat president called out districts and congressmen who represent districts in rural Appalachia or the Mississippi Delta? Is the opioid crisis one of the jewels in the crown? What conditions there are the tangible evidence rural America are great places to live?

Actually, Democrat Presidents have.

They've denounced the Honky population as "the Basket of Deplorables clinging to the firearms and Holy Bibles"

Plenty of Republicans in Congress have been "called out" by Leftards. The Turtle is the favorite target nowadays, but in the not so distant past, men like Tancredo, Alan West, Santorum, and others. The amount of money that the liberal demagogues raised over the years to denounce Jesse Helms was incredible.
Here's the difference. These aren't backbenchers talking to the Dogpatch Gazette. This is the President of the United States. And this president is running for re-election. This is his campaign. Divide Americans one from another. Are you proud of that kind of politics? It's politics by subtraction.
Americans are sick and tired of politicians who put them last when they actually took an oath to put them first

Not any more than the poor trailer park infested dumps of rural red state Kentucky.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
But they have no voice and are definitely not privileged like inner city residents. You type of all the nasty side of things. Why don't you give Trump the benefit of the doubt? His way is not perfect. However he is trying to provide better jobs. And if people like Cummings worked with him, there may be for people in the neighborhoods. All it is, is a little more time. Progs are not going to change a damn thing in the hoods.

The sad truth is they defend this crap, how are so many fooled by these liars?

We currently live in Austin, Texas, by far one of the best small cities I've called home!

Recently our Democrat Mayor (Adler) and city council passed an ordinance to allow our homeless population to camp out anywhere they so desire. I'm in the process of renting a number of buses so we can let them camp out in council members and the Mayor's lawns / neighborhoods...

Kushner, the slumlord son in law, could begin helping Baltimore by getting rid of the Rodents, fixing leaking roofs, getting rid of the Black mold in the 7000 apartments he owns and rents out in Baltimore.... it would make a huge difference in making it less of a shit hole, eh?

Why is this person who pretends to be president trying to divide us? He is a rodent. I was born and raised within a bus ride to Manhattan. I lived and still live a car ride to Baltimore. I can be there within an hour. I have been there many times. What is this trump trying to do? Why does he attack our cities when he is supposed to be president of all of us? I have a favorite bar in Baltimore, close by the water. It is called "The Horse You Rode In On."

Why is this person who pretends to be president trying to divide us? He is a rodent. I was born and raised within a bus ride to Manhattan. I lived and still live a car ride to Baltimore. I can be there within an hour. I have been there many times. What is this trump trying to do? Why does he attack our cities when he is supposed to be president of all of us? I have a favorite bar in Baltimore, close by the water. It is called "The Horse You Rode In On."
So you're from shitholes. What's your point? Should we love shitholes?

As a late teen I traveled to Europe. People would ask me where I was from and I would say "US" and then where? and I would say "Ohio". Many people lost. So then I would say, "Rather near Detroit". Almost every person then said something to the effect of, "Oh you're kidding isn't that horribly violent? Isn't that a murderous run down city?"

Etc.

Just a few years after that I moved to MI for a job. All around me were little slogans about how great Detroit is and Detroit pride and yadda yadda.

So all around the world, Detroit is known as a run down, murderous and violent city but here are the people in Detroit saying "hey no, it's great! Really! Awesome!"

Just because people live in a place, and don't want to FEEL they live in a bad place, does not mean they do not live in a bad place. Personally I'm unaffected by all this fluff and nonsense coming out of Baltimore because I've seen it for years. It's just a smokescreen for a lot of failure.

Kushner, the slumlord son in law, could begin helping Baltimore by getting rid of the Rodents, fixing leaking roofs, getting rid of the Black mold in the 7000 apartments he owns and rents out in Baltimore.... it would make a huge difference in making it less of a shit hole, eh?
And what would he do for tenants if he got rid of the rodents and black mould?

People who support President Donald Trump, no matter what he says or does, are beyond reach with reason and facts. To continue to support this president, you have to either agree with every bit of what he says and does or put yourself in a kind of bubble where you never hear his racism and never see his ignorance and cruelty. For you, Trump is all about conservative judges and a strong economy. Life is good, and so what if the president is a high-grade bigot?

I just don't see where Trump is a bigot, especially here, where he is treating Rep. Cummings the same as he has treated Honky Congresspeople like Rep. Pelosi or wise latinas like AOC.
"So, yeah, Baltimore has had a long spell of violent crime, and we are per capita one of the most violent cities in the country. It has been a miserable fact of life here for a long time, the last four years particularly. And yes, we have rats and we have trash.

But we do not need the president of the United States to rub it all in our faces, especially a president of a political party that has done as little as possible over the last half-century to relieve us of these problems."

The Republicans have run Baltimore since 1967, the party hasn't been in position to clean up the city.

Trump isn't rubbing the city's nose in it, just the do-nothing leadership of Elijah Cummings.

A lot of Republicans really haven't done what they should have as far as Oversight over failed cities like Baltimore.

This is changing, Trump will oversee the city
"
It’s clear by now that Trump only cares about his #MAGA base of support, the people who ignore his racism and cruelty, or relish it. His attack on Cummings was an attack on a black congressman who represents, in part, a majority African-American city, and a city with a host of problems that, with his tweet, Trump exploited for political gain.

No one who lives in Baltimore is happy with the state of the city. We have people being shot and killed all the time, even as cranes and construction workers deliver new, classy places for people to live, even as dozens of nonprofits do the hard work of trying to save and improve lives, even as a new police commissioner tries to stem crime while making his officers effective and trusted. The violence is a 10-ton burden we all feel here. It is a drag on the city’s progress. Trump used it as an ax against us.
"

"You can't say anything mean about me, even if it's true, even if my stint as congressman has been an utter failure for my constituents, because I'm black and will call you racist."

That's your argument.

And it sucks. Do better, how 'bout that? How 'bout think better of black people, that they can stand up to actual scrutiny and accountability without needing kid gloves?

How 'bout that?

No one cares what bar you go to

Trump is always right

jPqqJ4b.jpg

I haven't been there in years. What are your lovers trump and frankie trying to do? Baltimore is a good a place as any. It's got good and bad, the same as the place that you live in. Why do you folks keep trying to pit one section of the United States against another? Why do you folks keep trying to pit one religious group against another?

I, too, was in Europe and Turkey as a teen. I remember in London asking a man for directions to, what I thought was pronounced "Duke of GlouCHESTER Street. I was fortunate that he understood what I was talking about and gave me good direction. He probably laughed about it all the way home. London is one of my favorite cities. NYC, DC, and Istanbul, included.

Now say again why the person who purports to be the President of the United States attacks American cities?

I haven't been there in years. What are your lovers trump and frankie trying to do? Baltimore is a good a place as any. It's got good and bad, the same as the place that you live in. Why do you folks keep trying to pit one section of the United States against another? Why do you folks keep trying to pit one religious group against another?

I, too, was in Europe and Turkey as a teen. I remember in London asking a man for directions to, what I thought was pronounced "Duke of GlouCHESTER Street. I was fortunate that he understood what I was talking about and gave me good direction. He probably laughed about it all the way home. London is one of my favorite cities. NYC, DC, and Istanbul, included.

Now say again why the person who purports to be the President of the United States attacks American cities?

Just go back to playing with your paper dolls Hysteria

In 5 Baltimore high schools, they could not find ONE STUDENT WHO COULD READ OR WRITE AT GRADE LEVEL. Truly a remarkable success for the democrat Party and the democrat controlled teachers Union.

The Baltimore schools have a 100% success rate in manufacturing government dependent minorities.

In 5 Baltimore high schools, they could not find ONE STUDENT WHO COULD READ OR WRITE AT GRADE LEVEL. Truly a remarkable success for the democrat Party and the democrat controlled teachers Union.

The Baltimore schools have a 100% success rate in manufacturing government dependent minorities.

But who are you really going to blame for that? Students who grow up in those broken homes, terribly depressed socio-economic conditions and unstable families....or the teachers who can't teach them? Mind you in situations like that, it's not just that you have three or four students who are needy. Almost ALL of them are, and you are one adult trying to cater to all those needs.

Really. As even a great teacher, what do you do with that. If you know and can do it, you're a miracle worker.

Forum List

Back