Is Welfare a Form of Slavery?

Getting paid to do nothing is the exact opposite of being forced to work with no compensation.

As I've heard calls in favor of basic wages from Jorge Bergoglio and Mohamed El Baradae, I think, if someone is working hard and is being taxed while others are receiving money in the form of welfare without from the taxes on the working person; is that a form of slavery?

And I have to answer that someone living off the taxes of someone else without working themselves are enslaving those who are working and being taxed. In this way, welfare housing and programs have created a slave owning society out of the average working person. In fact, when I lived in Berks County, I heard some of the city dwellers referring to the working people of the suburbs as their slaves.

Do you agree?
Employment is at the will of either party in any at-will employment State.

Look everyone, the African moor disagrees... living in Redman's Atlantic lands and waters; when welfare is based upon how many children you have instead of better incentives, I think the primitive mentality of Numbers prevails. So I think that some families needing assistance should be subjected to a 2 child limit concerning welfare. That in terms of taxation and welfare, after two children welfare taps out; so if you are reproducing irresponsibly then you're going to be really poor; and the only people the poor children will have to blame is their own monetarily irresponsible parents.

There should probably be a Public School class about this... mandatory reading of Malthus's Principle on Population, similar to how I read Swift's A Modest Proposal, required watching of a certain HBO film:

The general responsible population should, not subjected to the tyranny of the stupid and irresponsible, be.

We're slaves to the monetary policy. The Keynesians will always run a welfare/warfare state. It's the only way they can keep the printing press rolling. And it's the ultimate cause of economic inequality.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back