Is your church integrated

interesting question....I go to a church that has around 150 families......about twenty percent of them have adopted children......these kids come from Africa, Asia, South America......do you think we're racists because almost all of the families are white?.....

No

I doubt that many black people would be members of a Lutheran church...we only have one active member at my church. I wish we'd integrate more families, since our church is predominately retirees. The good thing about that though is they have time to do everything. I've belonged to other churches who want to give you a "job" so that you'll stick around...I know it makes me a "bad" Christian, but I just want to show up for the service to hear a good sermon and receive Communion.

There are many black lutheran churches.

"Many" is subjective as a quantifier...

BlackDemographics.com | RELIGION

I doubt that many black people would be members of a Lutheran church...we only have one active member at my church. I wish we'd integrate more families, since our church is predominately retirees. The good thing about that though is they have time to do everything. I've belonged to other churches who want to give you a "job" so that you'll stick around...I know it makes me a "bad" Christian, but I just want to show up for the service to hear a good sermon and receive Communion.

There are many black lutheran churches.

"Many" is subjective as a quantifier...

BlackDemographics.com | RELIGION
7% black lutherans. 5% of americans claim to be lutheran accordimg to this poll.Poll: Most Americans Say They're Christian - ABC News

Hey, does that challenge extend to us Atheists?

Because I swear that the pricks of The Ministries of No God argue against minorities in churches!!

In fact, they are so bigoted, they argue against majorities in churches as well!!..........:booze:

I don't think that segregation in American churches necessarily equates to racism. I hate to say it this way, but I think it is just the way it is.

It would seem (by simple observation) that the various races in America naturally segregate when left to their own devices. New York has a Chinatown, an Irish section, and Italian section, Harlem, Spanish Harlem, a Jewish section, etc. San Francisco is known for its booming "China Town." Every big city has its Hispanic section, black section, white section, etc. It just seems to be a natural phenomenon.

Yeah.,, but who here lives in a big city?

I honestly don't know but I've lived in several big cities. Church membership, regardless of geographical location, generally reflects the faces of the surrounding neighborhood. When I used to go to church it would be the closest one to where I lived regardless of the denomination (generally within walking distance of my home). I've attended many different churches of varying denominations.

And what does that have to do with the OP?

See what I mean DS...it is more whites calling blacks racist than anything.

Being Pentecostal ("holy roller") I've been blessed to have a good proportion of blacks as a part of churches I've attended.
Most currently our church is about 50/50

It shows your obvious attack on white people for what it is....

Where did I attack white people, in any way?

The OP....Did you think someone wouldn't remark on your obvious subtext ?

You are reading way too much into the post. Hell, did you even read the post, blacks self segregate as much as the whites.

Did you even read the other posts?
I don't think that segregation in American churches necessarily equates to racism. I hate to say it this way, but I think it is just the way it is.

or

: Originally Posted by PostmodernProph View Post
interesting question....I go to a church that has around 150 families......about twenty percent of them have adopted children......these kids come from Africa, Asia, South America......do you think we're racists because almost all of the families are white?.....
nutz said:

But, as I said in another thread...it is whites accusing blacks of being racists far more than blacks blaming whites.

Last edited:
Is your church integrated

Our church is integrated.

We even tolerate TP members.

I don't think the dude in the video was a white person calling blacks racists. I'm not certain how you made that connection. But the video does touch on Martin Luther King's church affiliation (and Republican affiliation) so it's not entirely off topic.

I personally believe you've allowed the media to pull your mental strings where racism is concerned. You do seem to obsess over it a little more than you should. I don't believe that anyone in this thread (speaking for myself for sure) doesn't like you because you're black. If that were the case I wouldn't have invited you into my social group in the first place.

LOL, and then you search the dredges of the internet to find a video of some person no one has ever heard of to somehow prove your point that all black people are racist. What a douche. Go back to your klan meeting.

Correction: I was wrong and did not watch the video. Everyone should take the time to listen to what this guy has to say.

Last edited:

I don't think the dude in the video was a white person calling blacks racists. I'm not certain how you made that connection. But the video does touch on Martin Luther King's church affiliation (and Republican affiliation) so it's not entirely off topic.
Yeah, it was the poster calling blacks racist. You play dumb pretty well. Intellectually dishonest much?

I personally believe you've allowed the media to pull your mental strings where racism is concerned. You do seem to obsess over it a little more than you should. I don't believe that anyone in this thread (speaking for myself for sure) doesn't like you because you're black. If that were the case I wouldn't have invited you into my social group in the first place.

Excuse me...thanatos came into this thread and called black people racist...and now you blame me...really???

Yeah, it was the poster calling blacks racist. You play dumb pretty well. Intellectually dishonest much?

Excuse me...thanatos came into this thread and called black people racist...and now you blame me...really???
I didn't call blacks racists...
Watch the video you might learn something.

I'm very honest, intellectually. It's why I'm willing to discuss these issues in an honest manner. But if you prefer that your paranoia dictate your thought process then I shan't hinder you. Have at it.

I didn't call blacks racists...
Watch the video you might learn something.
Damn...I didn't watch the video til now. My apologies...100% wrong...ME. Sorry.

Forum List

Back