🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Your Hand Out Wanting Some Cash?

Considering constitution is the law and a restriction of govt power, yes.
But the Constitution doesn't prohibit it. Naturally. As the Constitution was written before electricity, it often does not give us guidance on modern issues. Including this one.

Considering constitution is the law and a restriction of govt power, yes.
But the Constitution doesn't prohibit it. Naturally. As the Constitution was written before electricity, it often does not give us guidance on modern issues. Including this one.
It gives govt powers and everything else is left to the states. So, yes, it does restrict it.
It also gives guidance on current issues. Its called an amendment process.
But you are a statist so your position doesnt surprise me.

You pay taxes?
I do. How is that relevant? I could own 5 free clear homes, and you wouldn't know, from taxes, what my equity position is.

We report capital gains, but I may have sold those holdings last week. Again, you can't determine that from taxes.

Income based makes more sense, so I think that will probably be the standard.

They won't be sending me a check.
Yes they would. Every adult American would get one.

Mnuchin already stated that those with too many assets will not get a check.
I believe he said those that make $1M a year won't, but refused to quote much else.

I'm sure there will be other criteria. It's unlikely a retiree with assets in the millions will receive a check.

Canada might do something like this, but on a far lower scale. Our economy was in trouble before the virus. It won't improve anytime soon.

You pay taxes?
I do. How is that relevant? I could own 5 free clear homes, and you wouldn't know, from taxes, what my equity position is.

We report capital gains, but I may have sold those holdings last week. Again, you can't determine that from taxes.

Income based makes more sense, so I think that will probably be the standard.

"They see you when your sleep-ing ...
They know when you're a-wake ..."

What does it mean? Thousands of people are looking for a govt. tax refund check around this time of the year. Is that a problem too?

Conservatives are desperate to not lose the next election, including drowning the country in debt
Non-partisan economists are recommending this.
Nonpartisan, perhaps, but not very conservative.

And one shouldn't be so naive as to believe that these payouts aren't politically motivated.

This is still about Republicans trying to avoid a drubbing this November .

What does it mean? Thousands of people are looking for a govt. tax refund check around this time of the year. Is that a problem too?
The Treasury Sec was really vague, but looking at Trump's reaction to this handout (or hand-up) seams to be on the Yes side.

And one shouldn't be so naive as to believe that these payouts aren't politically motivated.
I don't care about that, and you shouldn't either. That's our system at work. If they are doing something they think the American people want, welcome to republican democracy.

What do you think of the Govt. handing out a $1000.00 check? Those of you who bag on welfare/SNAP recipients... will you be chomping at the bit for yours?

Folks who work in retail/restaurants/bars and any other occupations that bring us in direct contact with people should be taken care of. I, myself lost 4 shows today. Friends of mine are losing their daycare and losing their jobs. Restaurants can barely make payroll.

Our president is showing us how much he doesn’t care about us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back