🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Your Hand Out Wanting Some Cash?

Conservatives are desperate to not lose the next election, including drowning the country in debt
Non-partisan economists are recommending this.
Nonpartisan, perhaps, but not very conservative.

And one shouldn't be so naive as to believe that these payouts aren't politically motivated.

This is still about Republicans trying to avoid a drubbing this November .

Well lookey who just popped his head up. This will be interesting.
McConnell says Senate won't pass House coronavirus bill without 'significant and bold new steps'

It lists specific powers the fed gov has and then it states anything else is left to the stares.
Who can give it back to the federal government. I am not interested in going over 240 years of history with you. But again, we have done this measure before.

What do you think of the Govt. handing out a $1000.00 check? Those of you who bag on welfare/SNAP recipients... will you be chomping at the bit for yours?

Folks who work in retail/restaurants/bars and any other occupations that bring us in direct contact with people should be taken care of. I, myself lost 4 shows today. Friends of mine are losing their daycare and losing their jobs. Restaurants can barely make payroll.

Our president is showing us how much he doesn’t care about us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The largest shopping mall in the West is closed today in Los Angeles. For those that need some stimulus money, all I can say is it will help some. My local grocery store has a sign on it... 8am to 8pm, and that is a part-time shift for many, now eliminated. Regular hours were 6am to 10pm.

Last edited:
Conservatives are desperate to not lose the next election, including drowning the country in debt
Non-partisan economists are recommending this.
Nonpartisan, perhaps, but not very conservative.

And one shouldn't be so naive as to believe that these payouts aren't politically motivated.

This is still about Republicans trying to avoid a drubbing this November .

Well lookey who just popped his head up. This will be interesting.
McConnell says Senate won't pass House coronavirus bill without 'significant and bold new steps'
I bet the $1K goes down to around $250.00.

Considering constitution is the law and a restriction of govt power, yes.
But the Constitution doesn't prohibit it. Naturally. As the Constitution was written before electricity, it often does not give us guidance on modern issues. Including this one.
Actually, the Constitution does prohibit it. It prohibits most things the government does these days.

Last edited:
What do you think of the Govt. handing out a $1000.00 check? Those of you who bag on welfare/SNAP recipients... will you be chomping at the bit for yours?
You're (not board members - a lot of Americans) talking to a lot of people who selfishly rushed to the stores to hoard thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer & TP.

Me and mine are 'good' - no govt hand-outs needed; however, there are going to be a lot of good, hard-working people hit hard and in bad shape due to no fault of their own. I expect this will be like the income tax credit / hand-out years ago - you get a check now and claim it later on your taxes.as income.

Folks who work in retail/restaurants/bars and any other occupations that bring us in direct contact with people should be taken care of. I, myself lost 4 shows today. Friends of mine are losing their daycare and losing their jobs. Restaurants can barely make payroll.

Our president is showing us how much he doesn’t care about us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you believe he is supposed to do?

You can blame the media for losing your job. They are the ones generating this hysteria.

Does the constitution recommend it?
No, and I don't care if it does or not. Do you?
I'm not surprised that you don't give a damn about the Constitution.

You haven't read the pandemic clause of the constitution?
I'll bet you have.

No, I'm still trying to find the 'abortion is murder' clause.
I have a policy of never getting into any discussions about abortion.

Considering constitution is the law and a restriction of govt power, yes.
But the Constitution doesn't prohibit it. Naturally. As the Constitution was written before electricity, it often does not give us guidance on modern issues. Including this one.

According to Article I, Section 8, and Amendments 9 and 10, Constitution does prohibit it.

No, and I don't care if it does or not. Do you?
I'm not surprised that you don't give a damn about the Constitution.

You haven't read the pandemic clause of the constitution?
I'll bet you have.

No, I'm still trying to find the 'abortion is murder' clause.
I have a policy of never getting into any discussions about abortion.

That's clearly not true.

I was wondering...

Trump Teaches Pelosi and Romney a Lesson at Prayer Breakfast

Forum List

Back