🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Is Your Hand Out Wanting Some Cash?

Y
I'm not surprised that you don't give a damn about the Constitution.

You haven't read the pandemic clause of the constitution?
I'll bet you have.

No, I'm still trying to find the 'abortion is murder' clause.
I have a policy of never getting into any discussions about abortion.

That's clearly not true.

I was wondering...

Trump Teaches Pelosi and Romney a Lesson at Prayer Breakfast
Your second link doesn't point at anything I posted.

In the first link, I made a comment about whether it will remain legal. That's a very tangential comment. I said nothing about whether it should be legal or not. I did not participate in that debate.

Last edited:
What do you think of the Govt. handing out a $1000.00 check? Those of you who bag on welfare/SNAP recipients... will you be chomping at the bit for yours?

Folks who work in retail/restaurants/bars and any other occupations that bring us in direct contact with people should be taken care of. I, myself lost 4 shows today. Friends of mine are losing their daycare and losing their jobs. Restaurants can barely make payroll.

Our president is showing us how much he doesn’t care about us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can thank your friends in the Democratic Media for this.

It shouldn’t be about blame.
It should be about finding solutions.

You pay taxes?
I do. How is that relevant? I could own 5 free clear homes, and you wouldn't know, from taxes, what my equity position is. We report capital gains, but I may have sold those holdings last week. Again, you can't determine that from taxes. Income based makes more sense, so I think that will probably be the standard.
Kinda makes one wonder why congressional Dems are so hot to get Trump's tax returns. They will only reveal his income & its sources, have been scrutinized by the IRS, and I'm certain there is no line for pay-offs from Russian oligarchs.

Can you say political chicanery?

What do you think of the Govt. handing out a $1000.00 check? Those of you who bag on welfare/SNAP recipients... will you be chomping at the bit for yours?

as a lib-prog on social issues I OPPOSE giving $ to everyone.

I would rather that they call for a NEARLY complete shutdown for 2 weeks with a moratorium on bill collecting/paying bills for 30 days.

no rents
no electric bills
no mortgage payments
no insurance payments
no credit card payments

for 30 days

keep medical facilities, super markets and drug stores open

allow healthy people to drive to and from markets

be prepared to deliver supplies to areas that need it

offer money to any companies researching a vaccine....ANY company ANY where on the planet...
That would help keep a credit rating intact, but I'm sure the damage for lack of payment is already happening. What a mess.

Folks who work in retail/restaurants/bars and any other occupations that bring us in direct contact with people should be taken care of. I, myself lost 4 shows today. Friends of mine are losing their daycare and losing their jobs. Restaurants can barely make payroll.

What do you believe he is supposed to do?

You can blame the media for losing your job. They are the ones generating this hysteria.

Please refer to post #82

Of course they'll be chomping at the bit for their checks. And they'll blame Obama, Dem Governors and Foreigners if it doesn't arrive on time ;)

tenor.gif

For the record, I'm cool with the grand for certain people. I don't need it. Should be reserved for waiters, waitresses and such.

Here in Oregon, Governor Kate Brown just shut down all restaurants (except for drive through and delivery) and bars. The owners should get more than that depending on how long this lasts.

Oregon orders restaurants, bars shut to all but takeout and delivery service

Last edited:

You can blame the media for losing your job. They are the ones generating this hysteria.

Please refer to post #82

I should read meaningless blather?

Conservatives are desperate to not lose the next election, including drowning the country in debt.
As long as you die first.
If he does the rest of us will be stuck for his share of the national debt. He's just gonna hafta live and pay up like everyone else.
You think that pile of shit is a net plus?
I'm an optimist who believes there is worth in almost all people … we just have to find it and nurture it.

Besides … we are all on our way out … act accordingly.

I doubt that I would qualify for the payment but I support the plan...people are being forced to stay home from work at no fault of theirs....

If everyone in power doesn't get with the program of stopping this virus and working to return life to normal (whatever the hell that is)…….that $1000 isn't going to be worth the paper it's printed on...….other than a replacement for tp

Given that we are moving to pricing things in toilet paper... and indeed TPing a house is silly as the toilet paper is worth more than the house... the replacement is not bad.

Should welfare bums keep getting their checks when working people are denied a chance to earn a living?

I say no

Well, I suppose your "no" is not based on common sense, or any thought for that matter. Stores all across America have been left with empty shelves by people who can afford to buy more than they need, and based on fear, or greed, it hasn't stopped.

What happens when people are left without the means to buy food; what would you do if you were hungry, your family was hungry and you had no means to purchase any food?

Think real hard what you would do.

Please refer to post #82

I should read meaningless blather?

I really don’t care what you do.

Forum List

Back