Islam forbids

And it can be found on page 580 of the Islamic University of Medina’s translation of Sahih al-Bukhari’s Hadith. There it opens Bukhari’s Book of Jihad.
Care to tell us who the translator was? It was Muhsin Khan, was it not?
The translator ias far as I know is Ustadha Aisha Bewley,
You can go to your mosque and check it yourself.

The post stands as the most accurate interpretation of the meaning of the Quran.The Noble Quran translation is in total harmony with what is know of the early history of Islam.

What really amazes me though is all of the Millions of Muslims that are so misinformed about such matters. Somebody should denounce all of this bloodshed and terror. Make toasters not bombs, don't you think? It would change the whole world over night. :):):)

mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture603-toaster.gif

What really amazes me though is all of the Millions of Muslims that are so misinformed about such matters. Somebody should denounce all of this bloodshed and terror.

OK I will do that right now:

"The Western nations should immediately get out of Iraq and Afghanistain and stop all of this bloodshed and terror".

There I said it:

Now are you Happy??? :eusa_angel:

What really amazes me though is all of the Millions of Muslims that are so misinformed about such matters. Somebody should denounce all of this bloodshed and terror.

The Western nations should immediately get out of Iraq and Afghanistain and stop all of this bloodshed and terror.

There I said it.

You want the Jews out of Israel as well?

The Western nations should immediately get out of Iraq and Afghanistain and stop all of this bloodshed and terror.

There I said it.

You want the Jews out of Israel as well?
If you have ever been listening 'to my words.

I have NEVER advocated driving the Jews out of Israel.

They have a right to live there as citizens.

It's the "Zionist government" that needs to be driven from power.

I thought Id ask you are a well of entertaining wackballary
I figured since Farrakhan came out with some new nuttery you might be in the mood as well.

Last edited:
Louis Farrakhan: H1N1 Vaccine Developed to Kill People
FOXNews - ‎9 hours ago‎
Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan said the H1N1 flu vaccine was developed to kill people, UPI reported. "The Earth can't take 6.5 billion people.

The translator ias far as I know is Ustadha Aisha Bewley,
You can go to your mosque and check it yourself.
I ask because I know that Muhsin Khan produced one of the only English translations of the full Sahih Bukhari. If I'm not mistaken, Aisha Bewley is a Sufi...

The post stands as the most accurate interpretation of the meaning of the Quran.The Noble Quran translation is in total harmony with what is know of the early history of Islam.
Muhsin Khan's Qur'an is little more than a polemic against non-Wahhabi religious beliefs, disguised as a legitimate translation. You'll eventually realize that his rendition is more reflective of his personal beliefs than it is of the Qur'an's true words. Then again, you may not know this because you may have no basis for comparison. Hopefully, seeing that Muhsin Khan lies to his readers unabashedly (2:190 "jihad" commentary) and that he attempts to alter verses whose meanings have already been established and accepted by all Muslims (al-Fatiha) will help you understand that his translation is inadequate.

The best translations, IMO, are the three I posted. M. M. Ali's has the most complete and useful index of any translation, and his commentary is both extensive and superb. I could hardly disagree more with his Ahmadi beliefs, but his translation and tafsir remain largely unparalleled by any other Islamic works in English except, of course, his other books, many of which were specifically endorsed by Al-Azhar University. Though they'll refuse to admit it, M. M. Ali's Qur'an has been the standby for other translators - especially Pickthall, who knew him, and Shakir, who seems to have plagiarized from it directly. It is marred only by one or two questionable translations of individual words, none of any real significance, which he at least attempts to justify in his commentary.

Arthur Arberry's translation may be the most unbiased and is about as good as M. M. Ali's in terms of faithfulness to the original text. If you detect bias in another translation, I would check it using Arberry's. He was neither a Muslim nor an anti-Islamic bigot, and IIRC his level of fluency in Arabic was such that he was professor of the subject at Cairo University. His work lacks M. M. Ali's commentary, however, which is instrumental for understanding the historical context of certain passages. I included Marmaduke Pickthall's because it's probably one of the most well-known and there aren't any major problems with it. If you're truly interested in being "proven wrong about Islam," you'll abandon shoddier translations in favor of these and open your mind to the true meaning of the Qur'an. Here is another extremely useful Qur'anic resource if you're at all familiar with the Arabic abjad:

| Project Root List | Quran Concordance, Grammar and Dictionary in one!

Here is Lane's Lexicon. You'll need at least a rudimentary knowledge of Arabic to make use of it, but it and similar resources are crucial to understanding the meaning of the Qur'an:

Edward William Lane's Arabic-English Lexicon FREE

8:39. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

8:39

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do

Khan is superior in clarity.

The fact is "kalam" your Islam doesn't explain the Islam people see on the news,
Mine does.
People dont care about unicorns,Your Islam doesn't exists in the real world.
They want to know what is real.

“The killing of civilians was considered OK because civilians are taxpayers and are non-believers,” Loucks said. He wouldn’t disclose where the attacks were supposed to take place.

Massachusetts Man Accused of Plotting ‘Violent Jihad’ (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

Last edited:
The fact is "kalam" your Islam doesn't explain the Islam people see on the news,
Mine does.

“The killing of civilians was considered OK because civilians are taxpayers and are non-believers,” Loucks said. He wouldn’t disclose where the attacks were supposed to take place.
One mans actions do not represent a billion Muslims.

Just as Timmothy McVeighs actions do not represent a billion Christians.

8:39. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah altogether and everywhere; but if they cease, verily Allah doth see all that they do.

And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allâh Alone [in the whole of the world[]]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allâh), then certainly, Allâh is All-Seer of what they do

Khan imposes his own definitions and interprets verses beyond their actual meaning. Case in point: "(disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh)"

The suggestion that fitnah denotes "disbelief and polytheism" is ludicrously inaccurate. It can connote temptation, but this is neither the primary usage nor is it in any way equivalent to meaning "disbelief." The suggested meaning is certainly not the definition of the word used in the verse, fitnatun.

The passage being discussed:

وَقَٰتِلُوهُمْ حَتَّىٰ لَا تَكُونَ فِتْنَةٌۭ وَيَكُونَ ٱلدِّينُ كُلُّهُۥ لِلَّهِ ۚ فَإِنِ ٱنتَهَوْا۟ فَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ بِمَا يَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌۭ

Waqatiloohum hatta la takoona fitnatun wayakoona alddeenu kulluhu lillahi faini intahaw fainna Allaha bima yaAAmaloona baseerun

"Fight them, till there is no [fitnatun] and the religion is God's entirely; then if they give over, surely God sees the things they do"

Fitnatun: "persecution, trial, probation, burning, assaying, reply, excuse, war, means whereby the condition of a person is evinced in respect of good or evil, hardship, punishment, answer, temptation, burning with fire."

Moreover, this addition is baseless: "(in the whole of the world)"

"The religion" (ie: Islam) is distinct from "worship."

Muhsin Khan's translation is quite poor. Plus, we know that he lies in his discussion of jihad. You're simply not being rational. Of course, you already know this.

I would take that up with media outlets.

Mine does.
Perhaps it does for those who are naive enough to think that every crime committed in the Muslim world is attributable to religiosity and Islamic teachings. Admittedly, this sentiment seems to be somewhat widespread. Pay attention to the actions of "terrorists" and you'll find that they uphold the aspects of Islam that benefit their cause and ignore those aspects that don't. It has been made a mockery of in the worst way through its widespread use as a political tool... what a shame.

People dont care about unicorns,Your Islam doesn't exists in the real world. They want to know what is real.
No, they want a simple explanation. It has been provided for them in the form of Islam. Genocide in Africa? "Islam did it." Rape? "Islam did it." Any and all strife that takes place in North Africa, South Asia, and the Middle East? "Islam did it." Who can blame people for choosing an easy explanation? Why examine the myriad political, economic, social, and cultural influences that give rise to these issues when the blame can simply be placed on Islam? People may think they want to know what's real, but what they're really looking for are explanations that they can quickly and easily understand. As far as I'm concerned, this is confirmed by people being more interested in what's "on the news" than what's in the books.

You will forgive me if I don't consider Tarek Mehanna an authority on Islam.

Mine does.

One mans actions do not represent a billion Muslims.

Just as Timmothy McVeighs actions do not represent a billion Christians.
McVeigh was an Atheist.
What do the actions of a billion people have to do with what is in the Koran and the Hadiths?

Do all Buddhists reach nirvana as is taught by their faith?

Do all Christians become saints?

The shaheed (martyr) is the highest of high in Islam in the eyes of Allah. Just because not all Muslims are mujahedeen does not change the fact that jihad is an intrinsic part of the religion.

Khan imposes his own definitions and interprets verses beyond their actual meaning. Case in point: "(disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allâh)"

The suggestion that fitnah denotes "disbelief and polytheism" is ludicrously inaccurate. It can connote temptation, but this is neither the primary usage nor is it in any way equivalent to meaning "disbelief." The suggested meaning is certainly not the definition of the word used in the verse, fitnatun.

The passage being discussed:

وَقَٰتِلُوهُمْ حَتَّىٰ لَا تَكُونَ فِتْنَةٌۭ وَيَكُونَ ٱلدِّينُ كُلُّهُۥ لِلَّهِ ۚ فَإِنِ ٱنتَهَوْا۟ فَإِنَّ ٱللَّهَ بِمَا يَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌۭ

Waqatiloohum hatta la takoona fitnatun wayakoona alddeenu kulluhu lillahi faini intahaw fainna Allaha bima yaAAmaloona baseerun

"Fight them, till there is no [fitnatun] and the religion is God's entirely; then if they give over, surely God sees the things they do"

Fitnatun: "persecution, trial, probation, burning, assaying, reply, excuse, war, means whereby the condition of a person is evinced in respect of good or evil, hardship, punishment, answer, temptation, burning with fire."

Moreover, this addition is baseless: "(in the whole of the world)"

"The religion" (ie: Islam) is distinct from "worship."

Muhsin Khan's translation is quite poor. Plus, we know that he lies in his discussion of jihad. You're simply not being rational. Of course, you already know this.

Um no.

Tafsir.com Tafsir Ibn Kathir
Islam Question and Answer - Meanings of the word fitnah in the Qur’aan

Allah can suck my big, fat juicey cock.

I will not even ask him to convert to reason before hand.

By the way, before you call me Islamo phobic, Jehova, Jesus, Budda, Vishnu and Moroni can do the same.

I do have a soft spot for Dionysus however.

Forum List

Back