Islam forbids

Surah 47:4: Fa'idhā Laqītumu Al-Ladhīna Kafarū Fađarba Ar-Riqābi Ĥattaá 'Idhā 'Athkhantumūhum Fashuddū Al-Wathāqa Fa'immā Mannāan Ba`du Wa 'Immā Fidā'an Ĥattaá Tađa`a Al-Ĥarbu 'Awzārahā Dhālika Wa Law Yashā'u Allāhu Lāntaşara Minhum Wa Lakin Liyabluwa Ba`đakum Biba`đin Wa Al-Ladhīna Qutilū Fī Sabīli Allāhi Falan Yuđilla 'A`mālahum

:)

peace...

Or:

Therefore, WHEN YOU MEET THE UNBELIEVERS, SMITE AT THEIR NECKS; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.

:)

peace...

islamic scripure is very clear about how to treat non believers of allah

be-friend them, (pretend to be their friends)

then when the time is right, kill them

Ive seen the passages with my own eyes
I find it much more effective to post what the scripture says,
rather than claim it says something and not be able to prove it.

I find it much more effective to post what the scripture says,
rather than claim it says something and not be able to prove it.

Didn't Mohamed conquer a Town that way, by fooling them, Early on???

Actsnoblemartin, those instructions were given during a time of war.

It is called being a double agent.

Where you befriend your enemy and gain their trust. Then when the time is right. You turn on them and kill them.

All nations and armies have used this strategy of war to gain the advantage.

When those verses are read in the historical context of a war almost 1400 years ago. They make perfect sense.

But they only apply to that specific time and that specific war.

They have nothing to do with todays events. :cool:

Where you befriend your enemy and gain their trust. Then when the time is right. You turn on them and kill them.

When those verses are read in the historical context of a war almost 1400 years ago. They make perfect sense.

What is Jihad?

What is Jihad?

what is Jihad?

As every devout adherent of true Islam will tell you (since being devoutly Islamic entails being given permission to outright lie to all infidels): Jihad means "peaceful struggle."

(And some of them can even say that bullshit with a straight face!)

What is Jihad?

Excerpted from Lane's Arabic-English Lexicon:

جهاد, inf. n. of جاهد, properly signifies The using, or exerting, one's utmost power, efforts, endeavours, or ability, in contending with an object of disapprobation; and this is of three kinds, namely, a visible enemy, the devil, and one's self; all of which are included in the term as used in the Kur xxii. 77. (Er-Râghib, TA.)

Excerpted from Abdul Mannan Omar's Dictionary of the Holy Qur'an:

Jihâd جهاد: Exerting of one’s utmost power in contending with an object of disapprobation. It is only in a secondary sense that the word signifies fighting or holy war. It is exerting one’s self to the extent of one’s ability and power whether it is by word (qaul) or deed (fi‘l). There is nothing in the word to indicate that this striving is to be effected by the sword (Râzî). According to Râghib Jihâd is a struggle against a visible enemy, a devil inciting to sin and against one's self which incites to evil. (Râghib). Jihâd is, therefore, far from being synonymous with war. Its meaning as war undertaken for the propagation of religion is unknown to the Arabic language and Islâm. Imâm Bukhârî in his Book of Jihâd has several chapters speaking of simple invitation to Islam (13.56,99, 100, 102, 143, 145, 178). This fact indicates that up to the time of Bukhârî (194-256 A.H.) the word Jihâd was used in the same sense as is used in the Holy Qur’ân. Other books of traditions contain similar references. Fighting in defence of faith received the name of Jihâd because under some circumstances it became necessary for the truth to live and prosper, if fighting had not been permitted, truth would have been uprooted. The greatest Jihâd which a Muslim must carry on is by means of the Holy Qur’ân, which can be carried out by every person under all conditions and circumstances (25:52).​

As every devout adherent of true Islam will tell you (since being devoutly Islamic entails being given permission to outright lie to all infidels)
Don't be ridiculous. Accusations of "lying to unbelievers" are tossed out by Islamophobes who have nothing substantive to add to the discussion. Nothing but a pitiful, failed attempt to discredit your opposition.

Jihad means "peaceful struggle."
This is the first time I've seen it defined in such a way. :eusa_eh:

mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture844-xjihad.jpg

The passage itself can be found in two places. It is on page 54 of my copy of the Noble Qur’an
translation by Muhammad Khan and distributed by “King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur’an—The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques. It is a footnote to Qur’an 2.190 and is designed to explain Jihad according to Allah as this is the first time the word is used.

And it can be found on page 580 of the Islamic University of Medina’s translation of Sahih al-Bukhari’s Hadith. There it opens Bukhari’s Book of Jihad.

In both cases, the Islamic scholars are condensing Allah’s and Muhammad’s teachings on Jihad to a single paragraph.

The passage itself can be found in two places. It is on page 54 of my copy of the Noble Qur’an
translation by Muhammad Khan and distributed by “King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur’an—The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques. It is a footnote to Qur’an 2.190 and is designed to explain Jihad according to Allah as this is the first time the word is used.

And it can be found on page 580 of the Islamic University of Medina’s translation of Sahih al-Bukhari’s Hadith. There it opens Bukhari’s Book of Jihad.

In both cases, the Islamic scholars are condensing Allah’s and Muhammad’s teachings on Jihad to a single paragraph.
Once again Mr Fitnah,

You have listed a footnote which is a persons opinion.

Same with Bukhari’s Book of Jihad.

They cannot speak for the Quran.

They can only interpret what they believe it says.

Once again Mr Fitnah,

You have listed a footnote which is a persons opinion.

Same with Bukhari’s Book of Jihad.

They cannot speak for the Quran.

They can only interpret what they believe it says.

Yeah Im sure those opinions where just random words pulled out of a hat then slapped in there.

As every devout adherent of true Islam will tell you (since being devoutly Islamic entails being given permission to outright lie to all infidels)
Don't be ridiculous. Accusations of "lying to unbelievers" are tossed out by Islamophobes who have nothing substantive to add to the discussion. Nothing but a pitiful, failed attempt to discredit your opposition.

Wrong. You lie when you make the intentionally dishonest claim that "Accusations of 'lying to unbelievers' are tossed out by Islamophobes who have nothing substantive to add * * * *" It has been demonstrated repeatedly despite all the lies attempting to conceal the truth of it. As you know.

translation by Muhammad Khan and distributed by “King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur’an—The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.

The Muhsin Khan "translation" isn't really a translation, it's a Wahhabi tafsir that is mass produced and distributed free-of-charge by Saudi Arabia for propaganda purposes. If you paid anything for it, you were ripped off. Let's use Al-Fatiha as an example; we'll compare Muhsin Khan's translation with those of three good translators.

Arthur John Arberry:
Guide us in the straight path, the path of those whom Thou hast blessed, not of those against whom Thou art wrathful, nor of those who are astray. - 1:6-7

Maulana Muhammad Ali:
Guide us on the right path, the path of those upon whom Thou has bestowed favours, Not those upon whom wrath is brought down, nor those who go astray. - 1:6-7

Mohammed Marmaduke Pickthall:
Show us the straight path, the path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray. - 1:6-7

-----

Muhammad Muhsin Khan:
Guide us to the Straight Way; The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray (such as the Christians). - 1:6-7

That should give you an idea of the extent to which the Wahhabi translator warps the divine message for the purpose cof propagating his erroneous ideology. The author did not even have the decency to include his opinions as footnotes. Instead, he chose to insert them into the body of the Qur'an itself -- a manifest sin -- in a misleading attempt to make it seem as if they're actually part of the Recitation.

It is a footnote to Qur’an 2.190 and is designed to explain Jihad according to Allah as this is the first time the word is used.
Because it's evident that you have no real knowledge of the holy Qur'an, I'll assume that this statement was made out of ignorance and that it wasn't your intention to be dishonest. As you'll see, the word "jihad" does not appear in 2:190. In fact, it appears in few or none of the verses that deal explicitly with physical conflict against an enemy. For this, the verb qatala and its variations are used - this applies to the wars of Muslims as well as those of non-Muslims.

2:190 -

وَقَٰتِلُوا۟ فِى سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلَّذِينَ يُقَٰتِلُونَكُمْ وَلَا تَعْتَدُوٓا۟ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ لَا يُحِبُّ ٱلْمُعْتَدِينَ

Waqatiloo fee sabeeli Allahi allatheena yuqatiloonakum wala taAAtadoo inna Allaha la yuhibbu almuAAtadeena

And fight in the way of God with those who fight with you, but aggress not: God loves not the aggressors.

I am aware that Muhsin Khan claims that 2:190 was "the first [ayah] that was revealed in connection with Jihad," which is an outright lie, because it neither mentions "jihad" nor was it the first passage to deal with the concept. Chronologically, the first passages in which forms of the j-h-d trilateral were used are passages that deal with making and keeping oaths.

The use of jihad in the sense of "striving" occurred first in 31:15, which instructs believers to disobey their parents if their parents "strive" to make them disbelieve (they are instructed to treat them kindly nonetheless.) The first mention of believers' jihad occurs in 16:110 -

Then, surely thy Lord -- unto those who have emigrated after persecution, then struggled and were patient -- surely thy Lord thereafter is All-forgiving, All-compassionate.

Care to tell us who the translator was? It was Muhsin Khan, was it not? :lol:

You'll find that Sahih Bukhari contains no such definition of jihad; it was Muhsin Khan's addition.

In both cases, the same translator attempts to spread the same lies by amending texts to include his own false interpretation of jihad. An entirely accurate definition of jihad has already been provided. Muhsin Khan is a doctor by trade, not a scholar. He should not quit his day job.

You'd do well to familiarize yourself with Lane's Lexicon if you expect to be taken seriously; it's widely believed to be the best reference book of its kind for a reason.

Wa salam.

Wrong. You lie when you make the intentionally dishonest claim that "Accusations of 'lying to unbelievers' are tossed out by Islamophobes who have nothing substantive to add * * * *" It has been demonstrated repeatedly despite all the lies attempting to conceal the truth of it. As you know.

You will find that the Qur'an does not permit lying. A Muslim is allowed to conceal his faith if failure to do so will result in his death; this is simply a matter of self-preservation. The article you cite implicitly acknowledges that lying is forbidden by the Qur'an when it states that "unintentional lies" and even "intentional lies" are sins that can be remitted through devotion. This is true of all sins in Islam with one or two possible exceptions.

I will ignore anything the author of the article cites that isn't the Qur'an or a hadith; the opinions of individuals and the actions of politicians are irrelevant. Because I don't treat any hadith collection canonically and most of the Ahl as-Sunnah don't consider me one of their own, I don't really feel any obligation to defend Sunni hadith collections. I will do so anyway, because the author's claims are so ridiculous. For the Ahl as-Sunnah, dishonesty is permissible in three situations only:

Humaid b. 'Abd al-Rahman b. 'Auf reported that his mother Umm Kulthum daughter of 'Uqba b. Abu Mu'ait, and she was one amongst the first emigrants who pledged allegiance to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), as saying that she heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A liar is not one who tries to bring reconciliation amongst people and speaks good (in order to avert dispute), or he conveys good. Ibn Shihab said he did not hear that exemption was granted in anything what the people speak as lie but in three cases: in battle, for bringing reconciliation amongst persons and the narration of the words of the husband to his wife, and the narration of the words of a wife to her husband (in a twisted form in order to bring reconciliation between them). - Sahih Muslim, Kitab Al-Birr was-Salat-I-wal-Adab, #6303.​

Muslims, therefore, are not able to lie to disbelievers simply because they're disbelievers. In my opinion and according to the words of the holy Qur'an, a Muslim may never lie, but may conceal his or her faith in a life-or-death situation if the need arises. If you're interested in learning about Islam, I suggest finding a neutral source of information.

Wa salam.

Last edited:
Care to tell us who the translator was? It was Muhsin Khan, was it not?
The translator is As far as I know is Ustadha Aisha Bewley,
You can go to your mosque and check it yourself.

The post stands as the most accurate interpretation of the meaning of the Quran.The Noble Quran translation is in total harmony with what is know of the early history of Islam.
Edit yes there is a edition by Khan.
It is mainstream Islam jack.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back