Islam is not inherently evil

Christians in Uganda who want to kill gays do so because they think their religion tells them to. That is no different than Islamic extremists killing gays because of their religion. I don't think either religion is inherently evil.
Rachel Maddow and Jeff Sharlet discuss the ties between C-Street, Pastor Rick Warren and an anti-gay bill in Uganda. Good for Rachel for bringing some attention to this truly horrific story, unlike her cohort at MSNBC David Gregory who forgot to mention Uganda during the softball interview he gave Rick Warren on Meet the Press.

The Rachel Maddow Show: U.S. Ties to Ugandan Anti-Gay Bill | Video Cafe

I don't think it's fine. I said it so that you could feel what I feel when I have all of you wanting me to go to a Muslim country.

It's doesn't feel good. You know perfectly well that I'd be tortured and killed. I can't believe anyone would wish that on another. I sure wouldn't.

Why would you say you would be tortured and killed? Doesn't that go against everything you've said in this thread about Islam not being evil?
I've said that some Muslim extremists are evil. Christians in Uganda calling for gays to be killed are also evil.

If those extremists are as rare as you claim you should be pretty safe. If, on the other hand, the extremists are actually the norm, and the moderate Muslims are the rare ones like I keep insisting, I could understand your reluctance to travel to a country that uses Sharia law.

Does that mean I am right?

I don't think it's fine. I said it so that you could feel what I feel when I have all of you wanting me to go to a Muslim country.

It's doesn't feel good. You know perfectly well that I'd be tortured and killed. I can't believe anyone would wish that on another. I sure wouldn't.

Why would you say you would be tortured and killed? Doesn't that go against everything you've said in this thread about Islam not being evil?
I've said that some Muslim extremists are evil. Christians in Uganda calling for gays to be killed are also evil.

The thing you dont seem to get sky.... is that the ones doing the killing in muslims countries are not the extremists.. they are the norm.... the average.... the main stream

Christians in Uganda who want to kill gays do so because they think their religion tells them to. That is no different than Islamic extremists killing gays because of their religion. I don't think either religion is inherently evil.
Rachel Maddow and Jeff Sharlet discuss the ties between C-Street, Pastor Rick Warren and an anti-gay bill in Uganda. Good for Rachel for bringing some attention to this truly horrific story, unlike her cohort at MSNBC David Gregory who forgot to mention Uganda during the softball interview he gave Rick Warren on Meet the Press.

The Rachel Maddow Show: U.S. Ties to Ugandan Anti-Gay Bill | Video Cafe

I'd rep you but I'm out of power.

If those extremists are as rare as you claim you should be pretty safe. If, on the other hand, the extremists are actually the norm, and the moderate Muslims are the rare ones like I keep insisting, I could understand your reluctance to travel to a country that uses Sharia law.

No, I don't think every Muslim on earth is evil. I would travel to Indonesia, but not Iran, Syria or Saudi Arabia.

Not in the slightest. I don't know why you post here Syrenn, but I do it for fun. I came here to make friends, not enemies.

I consider someone wishing me harm to not be friendliness.

did i wish you harm in this thread sky?

Every time you back someone who is wishing me harm, you do the same.

Considering ive never seen anyone wishing you harm...... in this thread or others.... i am not sure what you are talking about.

The thing you dont seem to get sky.... is that the ones doing the killing in muslims countries are not the extremists.. they are the norm.... the average.... the main stream

Theologies controlling governments are never a good thing.

sorry not interested in their shit hole countries. But nice of you to be affronted that some would want to send you... but you think its fine to send me... Oh the irony.

:lmao:

Sky.. what i felt was amusement. I know what they were saying and trying to say to you...

Then for all of that... why do you think there is more to fear from "American christians"?

They are not the ones to fear sky.... the muslims are. If you want something that is occurring in other countries to hit home.... fear the ones that are DOING it....

Whatever. You're as bad as Si and QW.

I agree... as i have said and maintain.. all religions are evil.

Absolutely.

Thank goodness our founding fathers set it up so that it will never happen here.

They all seemed to have missed your excellent point, that you wouldn't want to accept a ticket to Christian Uganda either.

Or Christian Jamaica, considered the most homophobic place on the planet.

Sky.. what i felt was amusement. I know what they were saying and trying to say to you...

Then for all of that... why do you think there is more to fear from "American christians"?

They are not the ones to fear sky.... the muslims are. If you want something that is occurring in other countries to hit home.... fear the ones that are DOING it....

How lucky for you that you've had a good dose of willful victimhood today. :thup:

Absolutely.

Thank goodness our founding fathers set it up so that it will never happen here.

it would seem... not according to sky. What i get is that her 4 freaks are going to somehow take over the government here.

So you say and think.

According to Human Rights Watch, verbal and physical violence against homosexuals in Jamaica, ranging from beatings to murder, are widespread. For many, there is no sanctuary from such abuse. Men who have sex with men and women who have sex with women reported being driven from their homes and their towns by neighbors who threatened to kill them if they remained, forcing them to abandon their possessions and leaving many homeless. In addition, police actively support homophobic violence, fail to investigate complaints of abuse and arrest as well as detain men based on their alleged homosexual conduct. In one gay-hate murder several witnesses said that police participated in the abuse that ultimately led to his mob killing, first beating the man with batons and then urging others to beat him because he was homosexual.

LGBT rights in Jamaica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, I don't think every Muslim on earth is evil. I would travel to Indonesia, but not Iran, Syria or Saudi Arabia.

Yep, they would do anything to you in Indonesia.

BBC News - Indonesian Sharia police separate Aceh lesbian couple

BBC News - Climate of hostility against homosexuals in Indonesia

Being Gay, Muslim and Indonesian | The Jakarta Globe

Indonesia: Religious Leaders Say Homosexuality 'Not From God' | My Sinchew

I am still willing to chip in for a ticket even if you want to go to Indonesia.

They all seemed to have missed your excellent point, ....
Liar.

I agree... as i have said and maintain.. all religions are evil.

Absolutely.

So you say and think.

You are no different than they are. You back them up.

People do kill in the name of their God. That doesn't mean their religion itself is inherently evil.

Even Buddhists killed Muslims in Burma recently. Buddhism is non-violent. There is NO Buddhist scripture that supports killing.

And humans kill for reasons not based on religious faith; Timothy McVeigh for example. Of course Islam isn't evil, we saw David Koresh here in the US, Jim Jones in Africa. Both were 'Christian'.

Forum List

Back