Isn't opposing gay marriage an anti-marriage position by definition?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
Marriage is the legal and social recognition of a new family. Why do so many of my conservative friends oppose the creation of new families? Each gay couple you prevent from marrying is a new family that could have adopted an unloved child. Each child adopted is one less in the broken group homes and foster care system. Giving these children homes and families serves their needs and takes ammo from our liberal colleagues who would kill them. There really doesn't seem to be any way to justify opposing this.

you already know the answer to your question. Christians dont put unions of same-sex couples on a par with traditional couples.

DUH

As a Christian, God's plan was for man and woman to marry.

Men laying with men is an abomination to God, so, if you are a Christian trying to live in obedience to God, to say you are "OK" with something that is an abomination to your Lord and Creator doesn't make sense.

um no it isnt; for the reason i already mentioned

DUH
Clearly we don't have enough families adopting as is. Letting gay families adopt would dramatically increase the numbers. Polyamorous families would even more. I'm frankly unsure why we're not actively encouraging marriage for everyone. Is it only Christians opposing marriage on religious grounds?

you already know the answer to your question. Christians dont put unions of same-sex couples on a par with traditional couples.

DUH
I'm just saying that this is counter productive to the other things they claim to believe.

Christians believe homosexuality is an abomination. Your straw man failed
So you're wanting to portray all Christians as bigots? I know many Christians who are happy about the gay marriage decision.

As a Christian, a gay marriage household is NOT a stable environment.

.... there is a reason God created Man and Woman differently. By design, the man is the provider and the authority (disciplinarian) and the woman is the comforter and caregiver. This is not to say roles won't overlap and qualities won't be found in both, and, of course, there is "modeling" - girls need a role model in their mother, and boys in their father.

This is not only God ordained, but, it's COMMON SENSE!

DUH
I'm just saying that this is counter productive to the other things they claim to believe.

So you're wanting to portray all Christians as bigots? I know many Christians who are happy about the gay marriage decision.

No you don't. Those you claim to be Christians are not Christians.

DUH

Seriously? Now you get to define what constitutes a Christian?

um no it isnt; for the reason i already mentioned

DUH
Clearly we don't have enough families adopting as is. Letting gay families adopt would dramatically increase the numbers. Polyamorous families would even more. I'm frankly unsure why we're not actively encouraging marriage for everyone. Is it only Christians opposing marriage on religious grounds?

Give it up. You knew your case was lost even before you presented it.

DUH

It's Christian belief and Biblical. Refute it if you can, calling me a bigot isn't going to change the facts

DUH

It's Christian belief and Biblical. Refute it if you can, calling me a bigot isn't going to change the facts
So the Old Testament is fact now? Christian belief has evolved, I doubt anyone takes the OT literally anymore, unless you want to cherry pick to justify your bigotry.

DUH

Seriously? Now you get to define what constitutes a Christian?

For one thing, recognizing and not upholding lifestyles and acts which God has proclaimed to be an abomination. DUH!!!

DUH

So the Old Testament is fact now? Christian belief has evolved, I doubt anyone takes the OT literally anymore, unless you want to cherry pick to justify your bigotry.

Homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament as well. Why don't you research the matter further before I make a total fool out of you

As a Christian, a gay marriage household is NOT a stable environment.

:lmao:

Gay marriage households are no more or less stable than any other.

Of course "as a Christian" you can't provide a single shred of evidence to substantiate that bogus claim.

Just like you can't provide a single shred of evidence to substantiate that your god exists, let alone has a "magic plan".

DUH

The OT has always been part of the total Bible. In fact, it was the original Bible. You really are off the deep end. I don't believe you accept either the OT or the NT. I really don't think you actually have spent much time or thought toward either.

Forum List

Back