Israel Blocks Palestinians From Easter Celebrations

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
Israel blocks Palestinians from Easter celebrations . GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- "Israeli authorities on Friday prevented dozens of Christians from crossing to the West Bank through Gaza's Beit Hanoun crossing, a Palestinian liaison official said.The Israeli side allowed only 25 Christians out of 100 to enter to the West Bank to celebrate Easter. They banned dozens who gathered outside the crossing, saying only 25 per day would be allowed to cross.*The liaison official said departures would resume Sunday after the regular Saturday closure.*About 230 Palestinian Christians have already departed the Gaza Strip since Israel granted 500 permits for worshipers hoping to enter the West Bank to mark Orthodox Easter celebrations.*" http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=591836

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Nothing new here. Israel even keeps the locals from celebrating Easter.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53vViKeUPcY]34 a Sleepless Gaza Jerusalem.divx - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Israel blocks Palestinians from Easter celebrations . GAZA CITY (Ma’an) -- "Israeli authorities on Friday prevented dozens of Christians from crossing to the West Bank through Gaza's Beit Hanoun crossing, a Palestinian liaison official said.The Israeli side allowed only 25 Christians out of 100 to enter to the West Bank to celebrate Easter. They banned dozens who gathered outside the crossing, saying only 25 per day would be allowed to cross.*The liaison official said departures would resume Sunday after the regular Saturday closure.*About 230 Palestinian Christians have already departed the Gaza Strip since Israel granted 500 permits for worshipers hoping to enter the West Bank to mark Orthodox Easter celebrations.*" http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=591836
Easter has been over, Frau Sherri, but there were plenty of Christians who came to Israel to celebrate the holiday. Meanwhile, can you tell us how joyous Easter was for the Christians in Muslim countries? Maybe in celebration of Easter, for example, your friends slit the throats of Nigerian Christians.

Easter has been over, Frau Sherri, but there were plenty of Christians who came to Israel to celebrate the holiday. Meanwhile, can you tell us how joyous Easter was for the Christians in Muslim countries? Maybe in celebration of Easter, for example, your friends slit the throats of Nigerian Christians.

Unlike Jerusalem where Israel blocked Christians, Easter was celebrated in the West Bank and Gaza without a hitch.

CATCH up, Orthodox Christians celebrate Christmas and Easter at a different time. Their Easter is this Sunday. Friday, May 3, 2013

Orthodox Christians prepare for Easter celebration

By*Phil [email protected]L ANDERSON/THE CAPITAL-JOURNALThe Very Rev. Joseph Longofono, left, is assisted in a Saturday morning service by John Woynick at Sts. Peter and Paul Antiochian Orthodox Church, 2516 S.W. Huntoon. Orthodox Christians will celebrate Easter, or Pascha, on Sunday, May 5. http://m.cjonline.com/life/religion/2013-05-03/orthodox-christians-prepare-easter-celebration

Last edited:

Unlike Jerusalem where Israel blocked Christians, Easter was celebrated in the West Bank and Gaza without a hitch.
if Israel blocked them from celebrating, theres a valid reason for it. Why would israel block them for no reason?

Also tinnie, are you saying thatt ALL christians in Israel couldnt celebrate easter?

if Israel blocked them from celebrating, theres a valid reason for it. Why would israel block them for no reason?

COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT is the word for it, it is a war crime.

Why did you and tinnie fail to mention the Christians in all other places in Israel who managed to celebrate Easter.
Also, where does it say that they couldnt reach their religious sites because of collective punishement

Christian Zionism Examined by Steven Paas - Rev. Dr. Yohanna KatanachoBy:*Yohanna Katanacho*Paas concludes that Christian Zionism is the golden calf of ancient Israel, a self-made god, in rebellion against the true God (p. 108). He adds that Christian Zionism “has to be considered as a heterodox expression of Christianity” (p. 108). He believes that it is a heresy that decentralizes Christ even gets rid of him (p. 108). http://www.comeandsee.com/view.php?sid=1215. I agree, I have been saying that for a long time.

Last edited:
Christians in Occupied Palestine were also denied permits requested for the prior celebrations of Easter. And I posted about it, there were Christian children in Bethlehem who could not go to JERUSALEM on Easter because requested permits were not given to Churches in Bethlehem By the Israeli Occupier. I think that was punishment for Bethlehem after the Obama visit. THE places Obama visited was where permits were denied. I WILL REPOST THAT STORY.

Last edited:
Palestinian Christians protest permit regime...During the annual Palm Sunday procession, Palestinian Christians protest permits delayed and denied during the Easter season.Photos by Ryan Rodrick Beiler/Activestills, Words by + 972March 25, 2013During the annual Palm Sunday procession, Palestinian Christians protest permits delayed and denied during the Easter season.Whether during Ramadan or Easter, every year, Palestinians with West Bank IDs face challenges entering Jerusalem for religious worship. Despite claims by Israeli authorities of granting more permits and relaxing restrictions, each year thousands of worshipers are denied entry.This Easter season, early reports indicate that Palestinian Christian communities from the northern West Bank had to cancel their Palm Sunday celebrations in Jerusalem due to a lack of permits. Parishes from the Bethlehem and Ramallah areas received between 30% and 40% of the permits they requested.One individual from the Bethlehem area lamented that while he was granted entry, the rest of his family was turned away at the checkpoint. Such arbitrary policies are typical with Israel’s permitting system, which rarely provides a coherent rationale for who is granted and who is denied, other the than the catch-all excuse of “security reasons”.PLO official Hanan Ashrawi was quoted as saying:There should not even be a question of needing permits to visit one’s own city…. East Jerusalem is the occupied capital of the Palestinian people and freedom of worship is a basic human right for all of our Christian and Muslim citizens; a right which is being systematically and increasingly denied by a foreign occupying force. The fact that so many Palestinian Christian communities are denied their simple human right to worship freely in their own capital city is unacceptable.Palestinian Christians and Muslims rightly ask why if they are granted special permission to visit Jerusalem for religious holiday seasons–and are at that time not considered a security threat–why they are not allowed to freely visit throughout the year. http://jfjfp.com/?p=41443

Last edited:
Christian Zionism Examined by Steven Paas - Rev. Dr. Yohanna KatanachoBy:*Yohanna Katanacho*Paas concludes that Christian Zionism is the golden calf of ancient Israel, a self-made god, in rebellion against the true God (p. 108). He adds that Christian Zionism “has to be considered as a heterodox expression of Christianity” (p. 108). He believes that it is a heresy that decentralizes Christ even gets rid of him (p. 108). Come And See - Christian Zionism Examined by Steven Paas - Rev. Dr. Yohanna Katanacho. I agree, I have been saying that for a long time.

I'm not surprised: that's a well-known hate site. And, given that you've shown such 'knowledge' of the history of Judaism and Christianity as to claim that 'Christianity predates Rabbinic Judaism' - who in their right mind would pay any heed to your opinions on such matters?

Christian Zionism Examined by Steven Paas - Rev. Dr. Yohanna KatanachoBy:*Yohanna Katanacho*Paas concludes that Christian Zionism is the golden calf of ancient Israel, a self-made god, in rebellion against the true God (p. 108). He adds that Christian Zionism “has to be considered as a heterodox expression of Christianity” (p. 108). He believes that it is a heresy that decentralizes Christ even gets rid of him (p. 108). Come And See - Christian Zionism Examined by Steven Paas - Rev. Dr. Yohanna Katanacho. I agree, I have been saying that for a long time.

I'm not surprised: that's a well-known hate site. And, given that you've shown suchdu 'knowledge' of the history of Judaism and Christianity as to claim that 'Christianity predates Rabbinic Judaism' - who in their right mind would pay any heed to your opinions on such matters?

It is a Christian website maintained by Christians in Nazareth. IT is not a hate site at all. LETS see you back up your claim!

Palestinian Christians protest permit regime...During the annual Palm Sunday procession, Palestinian Christians protest permits delayed and denied during the Easter season.Photos by Ryan Rodrick Beiler/Activestills, Words by + 972March 25, 2013During the annual Palm Sunday procession, Palestinian Christians protest permits delayed and denied during the Easter season.Whether during Ramadan or Easter, every year, Palestinians with West Bank IDs face challenges entering Jerusalem for religious worship. Despite claims by Israeli authorities of granting more permits and relaxing restrictions, each year thousands of worshipers are denied entry.This Easter season, early reports indicate that Palestinian Christian communities from the northern West Bank had to cancel their Palm Sunday celebrations in Jerusalem due to a lack of permits. Parishes from the Bethlehem and Ramallah areas received between 30% and 40% of the permits they requested.One individual from the Bethlehem area lamented that while he was granted entry, the rest of his family was turned away at the checkpoint. Such arbitrary policies are typical with Israel’s permitting system, which rarely provides a coherent rationale for who is granted and who is denied, other the than the catch-all excuse of “security reasons”.PLO official Hanan Ashrawi was quoted as saying:There should not even be a question of needing permits to visit one’s own city…. East Jerusalem is the occupied capital of the Palestinian people and freedom of worship is a basic human right for all of our Christian and Muslim citizens; a right which is being systematically and increasingly denied by a foreign occupying force. The fact that so many Palestinian Christian communities are denied their simple human right to worship freely in their own capital city is unacceptable.Palestinian Christians and Muslims rightly ask why if they are granted special permission to visit Jerusalem for religious holiday seasons–and are at that time not considered a security threat–why they are not allowed to freely visit throughout the year. Christians welcome for Easter in Jerusalem ? as long as not Palestinian | Jews for Justice for Palestinians

THIS ARTICLE is discussed on a website maintained by Jews called Jews For Justice For Palestinians.

can you direct me to the threads you posted on treatment of Christians in say Egypt? Iran? et al? I must have missed them.....

IS this question for me? I am not discussing Christians in Egypt or Iran because it has no relevance to what is happening in Israel and Palestine.

can you direct me to the threads you posted on treatment of Christians in say Egypt? Iran? et al? I must have missed them.....

IS this question for me? I am not discussing Christians in Egypt or Iran because it has no relevance to what is happening in Israel and Palestine.

Actually, the reason you don't give a shit about the Christians in Arab countries (who are persecuted in MANY places in the Middle East and are not allowed to practice Christianity in MANY places in the Middle East) is because the Jooooos aren't involved ..... :cool:

Last edited:

so, can you direct me to the threads where you have discussed it?

I grew up with lots of christian friends ----together, we celebrated
easter-----every year. Why would it be necessary to go to Samaria
to celebrate easter-----there may be security issues---after all---there
are people sticking knives into people with the approval of their
loving isa-respecting moms

I even celebrated the greek orthodox easter---because I
had friends with background in yugoslavia----but ---the
church that they sometimes attended was far away---so
most of the years they did not go there and I never did.

I still do not understand what was STOPPING anyone
from celebrating the holiday unless there are parts of
Gaza and samaria upon which some isa-respecters
impose the filth of shariah-----in saudi arabia chrisitans
cannot celebrate easter at all

Forum List

Back