Israel To Make Dramatic Decisions

Bloodrock44, et al,

Honestly, I'll be surprised if any positive results towards peace emerge.

This doesn't look good. Article says Israel will make dramatic decisions to reach a peace agreement with the Palestinians. I've said before though, Israel could offer them 110% of what they're asking and the Palestinians would turn it down.
(COMMENT)

But, if it happens, I think it will be fantastic (cause for celebration).

Most Respectfully,
R

Bloodrock44, et al,

This doesn't look good. Article says Israel will make dramatic decisions to reach a peace agreement with the Palestinians. I've said before though, Israel could offer them 110% of what they're asking and the Palestinians would turn it down.
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

I'm curious as to what "dramatic decisions". Can't be right of return or East Jerusalem?

Bloodrock44, et al,

My thought would be a couple of decisions.

Bloodrock44, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

I'm curious as to what "dramatic decisions". Can't be right of return or East Jerusalem?
(COMMENT)

I can't imagine what they would have to exchange that fits my perception of either side. I'll have to be content to be surprised.

I would have thought, that at some point, given the right threshold, that Israel would have unilaterally withdrawn from the West Bank (settlements and all). It would be a very grave risk, but one that might be worth taking.

I guess, in a month or so, we might see.

Most Respectfully,
R

Bloodrock44, et al,

My thought would be a couple of decisions.

Bloodrock44, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

I can't imagine what they would have to exchange that fits my perception of either side. I'll have to be content to be surprised.

I would have thought, that at some point, given the right threshold, that Israel would have unilaterally withdrawn from the West Bank (settlements and all). It would be a very grave risk, but one that might be worth taking.

I guess, in a month or so, we might see.

Most Respectfully,
R

Withdrawing 500, 000 settlers is out of the question. It won't happen. MAybe some settlements, but not all

Israel will offer 95% of the West Bank and Arab sections of East Jerusalem.

They will allow some refugees to return to Israel.

As if!

Israel will make the offer, contrary to the fantasies of Judeo-Fascists and Neo-Zionists.

will the Palestinians accept the offer? I think they will.

if they get at least 95% of the West Bank with land swaps for the other 5%, parts of East Jerusalem and a fair arrangement for the Old City with some refugees allowed back to Israel, the Palestinians will finaally say "yes".

what will Israel demand? a totally demilitarized Palestine, early warning stations on the Jordan border, 5 years or so to remove settlers, and other things to smooth the transition.

but yes, I think if Israel makes the real offer, Palestine will say yes.

As if!

Israel will make the offer, contrary to the fantasies of Judeo-Fascists and Neo-Zionists.

will the Palestinians accept the offer? I think they will.

if they get at least 95% of the West Bank with land swaps for the other 5%, parts of East Jerusalem and a fair arrangement for the Old City with some refugees allowed back to Israel, the Palestinians will finaally say "yes".

what will Israel demand? a totally demilitarized Palestine, early warning stations on the Jordan border, 5 years or so to remove settlers, and other things to smooth the transition.

but yes, I think if Israel makes the real offer, Palestine will say yes.

They already offered them 95 % of the West Bank and they said no .

Why should they offer part of EJ? EJ was a Jewish area of Jerusalem right up until the Jordanian military ethnically cleansed the Jewish residents of that area.

Why should they offer part of EJ? EJ was a Jewish area of Jerusalem right up until the Jordanian military ethnically cleansed the Jewish residents of that area.

That is patently false and baseless.

Jerusalem's size was expanded 300% eastward and northward into areas that were never considered part of Jerusalem.

dailykos.com/story/2011/05/20/977785/-Which-Jerusalem-do-you-mean

Last edited:

Forum List

Back