Israeli forces shoot unarmed protesters from across Gaza security fence, killing at least 15

I guess I misses that one where it says that the guy was planting bombs under the fence?!?!

That's good of them... To allow protest in neighbouring territory that isn't theirs!

Wow really? So, IDF went and spoke to the guy and then, as a "last resort" decided to use a tank to blow the crap out of him? Seriously?

And you aren't wrong about the "special rules for Israel"... Any other country using tank artillery against civilians would be condemned by the world, potentially invaded by the US and allied forces! So yes, you are right, "special rules for Israel".

Any other country using tank artillery against civilians would be condemned by the world, potentially invaded by the US

Any other country firing unguided rockets against civilians would be condemned by the world, potentially invaded by the US, instead we send the Palestinians money.

How fucked up is that?

How fucked up is that that you wander off topic with unrelated comments...

The topic was targeting civilians. Did you miss it? Here>>>>>>> using tank artillery against civilians

Do you see it now?

The topic was the killing of a Palestinian BEFORE the protests by use of tank artillery...

Now, perhaps keep up or piss off!

No, the topic was how can people who target civilians not get condemned.

I agree, we should condemn the Palestinians who do that.

Maybe your Palestinian terrorists...err...farmers should farm further away from the border, eh?

As I said maybe you should try and keep up!

Either join in the conversation or not... Oh, maybe YOU have some proof of the farmer who was blow to shit by tank artillery was actually planting a bomb? No one else has been able to come up with that one!

Ah, wait, maybe we should just accept the word of the zionists, is that the answer?

What proof could I possibly offer

Well, proof of your argument would be a start. Don't you think?

I have already provided what proof there is -- a statement by the IDF containing the facts I have posted. (The very post you quoted here, actually).

So what are you denying? Are you denying any of the points of my argument or are you agreeing with those points but want some sort of further proof?

Any other country using tank artillery against civilians would be condemned by the world, potentially invaded by the US

Any other country firing unguided rockets against civilians would be condemned by the world, potentially invaded by the US, instead we send the Palestinians money.

How fucked up is that?

The topic was targeting civilians. Did you miss it? Here>>>>>>> using tank artillery against civilians

Do you see it now?

The topic was the killing of a Palestinian BEFORE the protests by use of tank artillery...

Maybe your Palestinian terrorists...err...farmers should farm further away from the border, eh?

Either join in the conversation or not... Oh, maybe YOU have some proof of the farmer who was blow to shit by tank artillery was actually planting a bomb? No one else has been able to come up with that one!

Ah, wait, maybe we should just accept the word of the zionists, is that the answer?

You should post the video of him peacefully farming well away from the fence before the shell killed him.

I'll wait.

What proof could I possibly offer

Well, proof of your argument would be a start. Don't you think?

Are You being infantile on purpose?

Hamas clearly stated the intent before the action. They keep inciting for violence ontheir media, while portraying it a a "march of chicken" to the gullible westerners.

In light of that Israel sent every Gazan multiple messages directly, explaining the consequences of violent actions and what would be viewed as such. I don't care if it's artillery,drone, tank or a sniper against a catapult or someone with a grenade, if it endangers our soldiers on the ground who protect the civilians who live just in 5 min ride from the fence, the lines are set and clear.

Last edited:
RE: Israeli forces shoot unarmed protesters from across Gaza security fence, killing at least 15
※→ Humanity, et al,

The "right to resist" is not the issue. The issue is about directing actual "violence" directed against the "Occupying Power."

And in the meantime, are you going to condemn the violence and the incitement to violence committed against Israel? I suspect you will not. I suspect you, like others here, feel that Arabs have the right to "resist" while Jews do not have the right to defend themselves. I suspect that you hold double standards with respect to use of force -- one set of rules for Israel and one for others. You are just more careful than others to reveal it.

As you well know, I have always condemned the Hamas regime for many things, including violence.

However, yes, the Palestinians DO have a right to resist. Hell, if they didn't Israel would be much larger than it is already! Legally or otherwise!

As you well know, I have said that Israel has the right to defend itself. No double standards from me on that one!

The issues I have are the excessive use of force by Israel. Something that you will not accept.

And you accuse me of double standards!

Both you and I know that there is such an imbalance of 'forces' yet you consider that tanks are an acceptable answer to stones and slingshots... Want to discuss double standards?
(COMMENT)

I would like to remind you if the obligations under the International Human Rights Law/

Article 68 Convention (IV) relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War. Geneva, 12 August 1949.

Protected persons (Arab Palestinians) who commit an offence which is solely intended to harm the Occupying Power (Israel), but which does not constitute an attempt on the life or limb of members of the occupying forces or administration, nor a grave collective danger, nor seriously damage the property of the occupying forces or administration or the installations used by them, shall be liable to internment or simple imprisonment, provided the duration of such internment or imprisonment is proportionate to the offence committed. Furthermore, internment or imprisonment shall, for such offences, be the only measure adopted for depriving protected persons of liberty. The courts provided for under Article 66 of the present Convention may at their discretion convert a sentence of imprisonment to one of internment for the same period.
The penal provisions promulgated by the Occupying Power (Israel) in accordance with Articles 64 and 65 may impose the death penalty on a protected person (Arab Palestinians) only in cases where the person is guilty of espionage, of serious acts of sabotage against the military installations of the Occupying Power (Israel) or of intentional offences which have caused the death of one or more persons, provided that such offences were punishable by death under the law of the occupied territory in force before the occupation began.
The death penalty may not be pronounced against a protected person unless the attention of the court has been particularly called to the fact that since the accused is not a national of the Occupying Power, he is not bound to it by any duty of allegiance.
In any case, the death penalty may not be pronounced against a protected person who was under eighteen years of age at the time of the offence.

Article 75 Fundamental Guarantees Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, and relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts (Protocol I)

1. In so far as they are affected by a situation referred to in Article 1 [ Link ] of this Protocol, persons who are in the power of a Party to the conflict and who do not benefit from more favourable treatment under the Conventions or under this Protocol shall be treated humanely in all circumstances and shall enjoy, as a minimum, the protection provided by this Article without any adverse distinction based upon race, colour, sex, language, religion or belief, political or other opinion, national or social origin, wealth, birth or other status, or on any other similar criteria. Each Party shall respect the person, honour, convictions and religious practices of all such persons.

2. The following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever, whether committed by civilian or by military agents:

(a) violence to the life, health, or physical or mental well-being of persons, in particular:

(i) murder;

(ii) torture of all kinds, whether physical or mental;

(iii) corporal punishment; and

(iv) mutilation;
(b) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment, enforced prostitution and any form of indecent assault;

(c) the taking of hostages;

(d) collective punishments; and

(e) threats to commit any of the foregoing acts.​

This is what is meant by the "Rule of Law." What the Hostile Arab Palestinians (HoAP) must understand, is that if they commit an act, that would be a crime in any other reasonable circumstance, that it would also be a crime in the occupied territories. There is a consequence to thei ractions and they are obliged to pay it.

Most Respectfully,
R

Humanity

IDF spokesman has stated there have been EIGHT IEDs planted or thrown in the past week of the protest. There were three, I believe, in February and March leading up to the protest. Oh sorry, that should read "peaceful" protest.

Do you see it now?

You should post the video of him peacefully farming well away from the fence before the shell killed him.

I'll wait.

It's not my responsibility to post anything...

It's yours.

Post a video of the farmer, the day before the march started, planting a bomb under the fence. Post a video of other means being used before the "last resort".

Go on, at least post something that supports yours and others claims that he was planting a bomb.

The Most Telling Images from Friday’s March of Return Redux.

Extreme violence, attempts to infiltrate Israel by breaching the security fence, child abuse, overt antisemitism, hatred of the US, and clear propaganda. The palestinian so-called “March of Return” had it all. Peaceful protests? Not so much.

The following images from the violent “protest” say it all.

The Most Telling Images from Friday’s March of Return Redux

RE: Israeli forces shoot unarmed protesters from across Gaza security fence, killing at least 15
※→ Humanity, et al,

The "right to resist" is not the issue. The issue is about directing actual "violence" directed against the "Occupying Power."

And in the meantime, are you going to condemn the violence and the incitement to violence committed against Israel? I suspect you will not. I suspect you, like others here, feel that Arabs have the right to "resist" while Jews do not have the right to defend themselves. I suspect that you hold double standards with respect to use of force -- one set of rules for Israel and one for others. You are just more careful than others to reveal it.

As you well know, I have always condemned the Hamas regime for many things, including violence.

However, yes, the Palestinians DO have a right to resist. Hell, if they didn't Israel would be much larger than it is already! Legally or otherwise!

As you well know, I have said that Israel has the right to defend itself. No double standards from me on that one!

The issues I have are the excessive use of force by Israel. Something that you will not accept.

Both you and I know that there is such an imbalance of 'forces' yet you consider that tanks are an acceptable answer to stones and slingshots... Want to discuss double standards?
(COMMENT)

I would like to remind you if the obligations under the International Human Rights Law/

Article 68 Convention (IV) relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War. Geneva, 12 August 1949.

Protected persons (Arab Palestinians) who commit an offence which is solely intended to harm the Occupying Power (Israel), but which does not constitute an attempt on the life or limb of members of the occupying forces or administration, nor a grave collective danger, nor seriously damage the property of the occupying forces or administration or the installations used by them, shall be liable to internment or simple imprisonment, provided the duration of such internment or imprisonment is proportionate to the offence committed. Furthermore, internment or imprisonment shall, for such offences, be the only measure adopted for depriving protected persons of liberty. The courts provided for under Article 66 of the present Convention may at their discretion convert a sentence of imprisonment to one of internment for the same period.
The penal provisions promulgated by the Occupying Power (Israel) in accordance with Articles 64 and 65 may impose the death penalty on a protected person (Arab Palestinians) only in cases where the person is guilty of espionage, of serious acts of sabotage against the military installations of the Occupying Power (Israel) or of intentional offences which have caused the death of one or more persons, provided that such offences were punishable by death under the law of the occupied territory in force before the occupation began.
The death penalty may not be pronounced against a protected person unless the attention of the court has been particularly called to the fact that since the accused is not a national of the Occupying Power, he is not bound to it by any duty of allegiance.
In any case, the death penalty may not be pronounced against a protected person who was under eighteen years of age at the time of the offence.

Article 75 Fundamental Guarantees Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949, and relating to the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts (Protocol I)

1. In so far as they are affected by a situation referred to in Article 1 [ Link ] of this Protocol, persons who are in the power of a Party to the conflict and who do not benefit from more favourable treatment under the Conventions or under this Protocol shall be treated humanely in all circumstances and shall enjoy, as a minimum, the protection provided by this Article without any adverse distinction based upon race, colour, sex, language, religion or belief, political or other opinion, national or social origin, wealth, birth or other status, or on any other similar criteria. Each Party shall respect the person, honour, convictions and religious practices of all such persons.

2. The following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever, whether committed by civilian or by military agents:
(a) violence to the life, health, or physical or mental well-being of persons, in particular:

(i) murder;

(iv) mutilation;
(b) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment, enforced prostitution and any form of indecent assault;

This is what is meant by the "Rule of Law." What the Hostile Arab Palestinians (HoAP) must understand, is that if they commit an act, that would be a crime in any other reasonable circumstance, that it would also be a crime in the occupied territories. There is a consequence to thei ractions and they are obliged to pay it.

Most Respectfully,
R

That is funny...

Quoting Geneva Conventions to support Israel! hahahaha

Where does it say in the Geneva Conventions that its ok to use tanks against civilians?

The Most Telling Images from Friday’s March of Return Redux.

Extreme violence, attempts to infiltrate Israel by breaching the security fence, child abuse, overt antisemitism, hatred of the US, and clear propaganda. The palestinian so-called “March of Return” had it all. Peaceful protests? Not so much.

The following images from the violent “protest” say it all.

The Most Telling Images from Friday’s March of Return Redux
I bet anything you they got the idea and name for the march from Left wing Islamist loving groups here in the US.

※→ Humanity, et al,

(COMMENT)

(i) murder;

(iv) mutilation;

Most Respectfully,
R

That is funny...

Where does it say in the Geneva Conventions that its ok to use tanks against civilians?
In the same paragraph where it states that Hamas is a farmers union , and that You get the best yield by plowing under military fences - EXCLUSIVELY AT NIGHT.

:nocknockHT:

Last edited:
More Pallywood.

The Palestinian Information Center would like the world to know that so great is international support for their cause, that doctors from overseas are coming to offer medical assistance to their wounded protesters.

Like this young doctor from France.

For the record, Katherine Heigl is not French, nor is she a real doctor. She did play one on TV on the hit show Grey’s Anatomy from 2005-2010, though.

Palestinian Information Center, did you really believe you would get away with posting a photo of a well-known actress and passing her off as a doctor?

Apparently so – which just goes to show the contempt with which you treat our intelligence – not to mention the truth.

Update: The doctor from Spain is reportedly on his way (hat tip: Arsen)

Updated: “..we are committed to truth and credible news.” Yup, they said that.

Israellycool.com

※→ Humanity, et al,

(COMMENT)

(i) murder;

(iv) mutilation;

Most Respectfully,
R

That is funny...

When planting a bomb one is NO LONGER a civilian.

※→ Humanity, et al,

This is somewhat amusing as well!

Your question is backward. What law says: you may use a "sling shot" or a "BB Gun" in a conflict? Your question is rediculous.

(COMMENT)

Criminal Laws, as you know, usually are formed in the shape of a prohibition. Similarly, protection and restraining orders (very similar to the Geneva Conventions) are formed in the cast of "limitations."
  • You generally see a "STOP Sign;" you hardly ever see a "GO Sign."
  • You generally see a "NO Tresspass" condition; rarely the opposite.
  • The 10 Commandments are a series of "SHALL NOTs;" as opposed to allowances and clearances.
Most people generally believe that spies can be executed on capture. But is it true?
  • Additional Protocol I says in part: "Consequently, the summary execution of spies is prohibited."
Prohibitions are popular because there are few i number tan freedoms, rights, and allowances.

Most Respectfully,
R

※→ Humanity, RetiredGySgt, et al,

The RetiredGySgt is correct; ✪⇒ 100% correct.

The use of crowds or concentrations of demonstrators as a means to cover and conseal Hostile Arab Palestinian activity is prohibited.

When planting a bomb one is NO LONGER a civilian.
(COMMENT)

Under the International Criminal Code, “killing or wounding treacherously individuals belonging to the hostile nation or army” constitutes a war crime in international armed conflicts." Similarly, utilizing the presence of a crowds or concentrations of demonstrators to render HoAP activities immune from a defensive response constitutes a war crime in international armed conflicts. And again, the use of certain emblems by the HoAP, (like that of the Red Cross or UN) to avoid targeting and lend protection from the Israelis while the HoAP perform their nafarious activities is prohibiled.

※ Rule 59: The improper use of the distinctive emblems of the Geneva Conventions is prohibited.
※ Rule 65: Killing, injuring or capturing an adversary by resort to perfidy is prohibited.
※ Rule 97: The use of human shields is prohibited.​

This particular combination, as employed by the HoAP for the last half century is covered in Article 37 of Additional Protocol I, which says (excerpt):

※ The following acts are examples of perfidy:

■ The feigning of civilian, non-combatant status; and
■ The feigning of protected status by the use of signs, emblems or uniforms of the United Nations or of neutral or other States not Parties to the conflict.​

Most Respectfully,
R

Oh look, here's a bunch of Gazan farmers bringing melons and tomatoes to plant under the fence:

Gaza%20slingshot%20woman%20Mohammed%20Hajjeree.jpg

images

And this link has video footage of a farmer tending his crops under the fence, at night, with an assault rifle, grenades and a suicide bomb vest.

And here are some of their farming tools:

WhatsApp-Image-2018-03-27-at-11.38.121-640x400.jpeg

IDF-photo-of-bag-found-filled-with-firebombs-at-Gaza-border.jpg

Kalashnikov-assault-rifle-and-hand-grenade-discovered-by-the-IDF-696x405.jpg

Hand-genade-found-near-the-dead-terrorists.jpg

The leader of Hamas, in public speeches, is, of course, encouraging the farmers to grow lots of melons and tomatoes:

Hamas-leader-Yahya-Sinwar-We-Will-Tear-Out-Their-Hearts-e1523197562181.jpg

Do you see it now?

I'll wait.

It's yours.

Post a video of the farmer, the day before the march started, planting a bomb under the fence. Post a video of other means being used before the "last resort".

Go on, at least post something that supports yours and others claims that he was planting a bomb.

Exactly. You can't show a single unarmed, innocent "protester" who was killed.

Forum List

Back