it begins....pastor says romney is not a christian

Bu.....bu.........bu........The Crusades and all that jazz! Didn't the Catholics 'foist' JFK, one of their own, on us?

Considering about half of Catholics didn't vote for JFK and didn't really like him, no. Not so much.
I'm not sure why you are trying to get me to defend a religion I left 30 years ago.

I realize that you are desperate to get anyone you think can beat Obama up there,and you've bought into the myth of Romney's "electability" (even though the man has lost 75% of elections he's ever run in).

The same media that tells you now how "electable" Romney is will be the one telling you next year that Mormons are indeed batshit crazy...

And you can stomp your feet when Romney carries Utah and that's about it.

Tell me: how do they ascertain what religion a person is when he/she votes? I don't recall ever having been asked.

Actually, no one could be more wrong than you. Obama is what we got under the 'anybody but Bush' slogan.

Clinton was a Southern Baptist and Nixon was a Quaker. Come to think of it, I don't know of a president we have had who is/was an athiest.

But for someone who isn't a Catholic, you sure do defend them. Choirboy.

You were spouting libertarian nonsense, as usual, I made my comment, now you want me to refute your assertions with evidence. That is not how it works, weak one. You made the assertion, defend it with substantial something or the other, and I will tear it apart.

Libertarians are such wusses, as you are.

Attention pussy.. Yes I am talking to you Jake.

You stated quite clearly I am unamerican. POST UP ASSHOLE!!!!

anyone can read your material, unamerican one, and see you are merely the reactionary flip side to a jihadist. tuff if you can't handle being called out. But, as evidence, anyone can read all you have posted and decide for themselves.

You called me out. I didnt go looking for you running your lips.

Now post up asshole. I am libertarian.

Tell me: how do they ascertain what religion a person is when he/she votes? I don't recall ever having been asked.

not sure how that is relevent to...ummm, anything.

Actually, no one could be more wrong than you. Obama is what we got under the 'anybody but Bush' slogan.

No, Obama is what we got when you had a GOP that wrecked the economy and got us into a massively unpopular war. Last time I checked, Bush wasn't even on the ballot in 2008. The GOP has a huge problem beyond Bush, it's failure to connect with minorities and working folk being at the top of the list. Romney does nothing to rectify that problem. He probably makes them worse.

Clinton was a Southern Baptist and Nixon was a Quaker. Come to think of it, I don't know of a president we have had who is/was an athiest.

Gee, pointing out that JFK didn't get unanimous Catholic support is hardly a stirring defense...

Not sure why you are trying to conflate Catholicism ( a legitimate religion that has been around for thousands of years) with Mormonism (made up 150 years ago by a convicted con man who wanted to have sex with teenage girls).

But you keep thinking Romney's going to be the ticket to beat Obama with. I know a bunch of McCain voters who'd never vote for him.

Bu.....bu.........bu........The Crusades and all that jazz! Didn't the Catholics 'foist' JFK, one of their own, on us?

Considering about half of Catholics didn't vote for JFK and didn't really like him, no. Not so much.
I'm not sure why you are trying to get me to defend a religion I left 30 years ago.

I realize that you are desperate to get anyone you think can beat Obama up there,and you've bought into the myth of Romney's "electability" (even though the man has lost 75% of elections he's ever run in).

The same media that tells you now how "electable" Romney is will be the one telling you next year that Mormons are indeed batshit crazy...

And you can stomp your feet when Romney carries Utah and that's about it.

Just like you GOP'ers have a crappy field under the "anybody but Obama" mantra.

Attention pussy.. Yes I am talking to you Jake.

You stated quite clearly I am unamerican. POST UP ASSHOLE!!!!

anyone can read your material, unamerican one, and see you are merely the reactionary flip side to a jihadist. tuff if you can't handle being called out. But, as evidence, anyone can read all you have posted and decide for themselves.

Then you are the flip side of a communist, one in "a society of equals" who will dominate the many instead of a soviet who will dominate the many.

Don't like being called out, do you? Most libertarians and communists don't, for sure.

not sure how that is relevent to...ummm, anything.

No, Obama is what we got when you had a GOP that wrecked the economy and got us into a massively unpopular war. Last time I checked, Bush wasn't even on the ballot in 2008. The GOP has a huge problem beyond Bush, it's failure to connect with minorities and working folk being at the top of the list. Romney does nothing to rectify that problem. He probably makes them worse.

Gee, pointing out that JFK didn't get unanimous Catholic support is hardly a stirring defense...

Not sure why you are trying to conflate Catholicism ( a legitimate religion that has been around for thousands of years) with Mormonism (made up 150 years ago by a convicted con man who wanted to have sex with teenage girls).

But you keep thinking Romney's going to be the ticket to beat Obama with. I know a bunch of McCain voters who'd never vote for him.

You're the one who said the majority of Catholics didn't vote for Kennedy. If you know this, it would seem you would be able to share the method by which this was determind, which you clearly can't.

You are the one defending Catholics. Caltholics have a murderous history and they are among many religions who are "racist, homophobic and misogynistic as long as they can get stupid people to keep showing up."

Do you even know what a cult is?

What are the Characteristics of a Religious Cult?

Every cult can be defined as a group having all of the following five characteristics:

1. It uses psychological coercion to recruit, indoctrinate and retain its members

2. It forms an elitist totalitarian society.

3. Its founder leader is self-appointed, dogmatic, messianic, not accountable and has charisma.

4. It believes 'the end justifies the means' in order to solicit funds recruit people.

5. Its wealth does not benefit its members or society.

The mormons, like Catholics, have a murderous history, perhaps not as extensive, though. Today, the mormons are a main stream religion. And the men in their fringe groups only want to have plural marriages. Hell, most men want that and many have that in the form of mistresses.

Why do Pastors even matter? Obama got elected and he had a deranged Anti-American bigot for a Pastor. I just don't see how any Pastor could eliminate a candidate from being elected. Just more stupid media-hype in the end. Meaningless B.S. for sure.

Why do Pastors even matter? Obama got elected and he had a deranged Anti-American bigot for a Pastor. I just don't see how any Pastor could eliminate a candidate from being elected. Just more stupid media-hype in the end. Meaningless B.S. for sure.

If pastors didn't matter, then why is the GOP so sharply divided over Romney?

Pastors are Americans too so therefore they have the right to express their opinons but those opinions wont decide who our President will be. Obama did ok and his Pastor hated America and White People. It's all just media-hype for the dumbed-down masses. It doesn't matter.

Pastors are Americans too so therefore they have the right to express their opinons but those opinions wont decide who our President will be. Obama did ok and his Pastor hated America and White People. It's all just media-hype for the dumbed-down masses. It doesn't matter.

Again, if pastors and churches don't matter, why is the GOP so sharply divided over Romney?

Wait.........forgot.............it only matters to the "family values" voters who are Conservative Christians.

You're the one who said the majority of Catholics didn't vote for Kennedy. If you know this, it would seem you would be able to share the method by which this was determind, which you clearly can't.

I said about half didn't. I think I read that somewhere once. I know that half the Catholic vote didn't go for John Kerry, even though he was Catholic. So my point was that Catholics, unlike LDS, don't walk in lock step like zombies.

A little more research, Kennedy did get 80% of the Catholic vote, but that wasn't really that impressive, given that was what Adlai Stevenson got. Catholics were a steady Democratic constituency until Reagan started peeling them off.

You are the one defending Catholics. Caltholics have a murderous history and they are among many religions who are "racist, homophobic and misogynistic as long as they can get stupid people to keep showing up."

Every cult can be defined as a group having all of the following five characteristics:

1. It uses psychological coercion to recruit, indoctrinate and retain its members

3. Its founder leader is self-appointed, dogmatic, messianic, not accountable and has charisma.

4. It believes 'the end justifies the means' in order to solicit funds recruit people.

The mormons, like Catholics, have a murderous history, perhaps not as extensive, though. Today, the mormons are a main stream religion. And the men in their fringe groups only want to have plural marriages. Hell, most men want that and many have that in the form of mistresses.

Sounds like you've described LDS perfectly here. It's not a mainstream religion. Mainstream religions don't make up their own bibles.

Then you are the flip side of a communist, one in "a society of equals" who will dominate the many instead of a soviet who will dominate the many.

Don't like being called out, do you? Most libertarians and communists don't, for sure.

You are all over the map. I guess Gibberish becomes a constant when you cant even make an argument. I have asked you repeatedly to spell out something remotely coherent.
If you ever come to your senses you might wish to look up the term liberty. Because you havent a fucking clue.

I said about half didn't. I think I read that somewhere once. I know that half the Catholic vote didn't go for John Kerry, even though he was Catholic. So my point was that Catholics, unlike LDS, don't walk in lock step like zombies.

A little more research, Kennedy did get 80% of the Catholic vote, but that wasn't really that impressive, given that was what Adlai Stevenson got. Catholics were a steady Democratic constituency until Reagan started peeling them off.

Sounds like you've described LDS perfectly here. It's not a mainstream religion. Mainstream religions don't make up their own bibles.

I said about half didn't. I think I read that somewhere once.

Now THAT's a reputable source! :lmao:

Mainstream religions don't make up their own bibles

Islam made up its own bible.

Damn you are quirky!

Obama managed to convince the populace that Jeremiah was nothing but a bull frog! :cuckoo:

Damn you are quirky!

I wouldn't vote for a Muslim, either. But Islam has been around long enough to where it can be considered a valid religion.

Or at the very least, we didn't catch Mohommed in the scam.

Joseph Smith. Caught red handed making stuff up. Caught red handed cheating people. Caught red handed having sex with teenage girls, which is what the angry mob shot him for.

If it's valid to ask Obama about Reverand Wright, and it's valid to ask Rick Perry if he believes in Evolution, then it's valid to ask Romney if he really thinks he's wearing magic underpants and is going to rule over his own spirit world in the hereafter.

Damn you are quirky!

I wouldn't vote for a Muslim, either. But Islam has been around long enough to where it can be considered a valid religion.

Or at the very least, we didn't catch Mohommed in the scam.

Joseph Smith. Caught red handed making stuff up. Caught red handed cheating people. Caught red handed having sex with teenage girls, which is what the angry mob shot him for.

If it's valid to ask Obama about Reverand Wright, and it's valid to ask Rick Perry if he believes in Evolution, then it's valid to ask Romney if he really thinks he's wearing magic underpants and is going to rule over his own spirit world in the hereafter.

Bigot.

"bigot". the last tired retort of someone who has lost the argument.

There are only TWO intellectually rational views to take towards Mormonism.

1) Joseph Smith really was talking to God, where do I sign up?

or

2) Joseph Smith was a two-bit con artist, and anyone who believes in that shit can't be taken seriously on much of anything else.

There really isn't a middle ground.

But these non-Mormons who want to hop on the Mitt Bandwagon because the MSM says he's the only one who can beat Obama will ignore this.

And when that same MSM spends all of 2012 running, "Mormons sure are nuts" stories, you wills scream about bigotry while sensible people run away from the guy in a serpentine pattern.

"bigot". the last tired retort of someone who has lost the argument.

There are only TWO intellectually rational views to take towards Mormonism.

1) Joseph Smith really was talking to God, where do I sign up?

or

2) Joseph Smith was a two-bit con artist, and anyone who believes in that shit can't be taken seriously on much of anything else.

There really isn't a middle ground.

But these non-Mormons who want to hop on the Mitt Bandwagon because the MSM says he's the only one who can beat Obama will ignore this.

And when that same MSM spends all of 2012 running, "Mormons sure are nuts" stories, you wills scream about bigotry while sensible people run away from the guy in a serpentine pattern.

Bu...bu....bu....he woudn't vote for a muslim. That makes him a bigot! :laugh2:

(Why do I have a sneaking suspicion he has already voted for a muslim!)

Oh, I see, you are a crazy birther who thinks Obama is a Muslim. I get it.

Sorry, thought you were someone who should be taken seriously, my bad.

For the record, I used to be a staunch Republican, until I realized the GOP became the party that watches It's a Wonderful Life and cheers for Mr. Potter. Somewhere they went off the rails, and they've got the election losses to show for it... (losing four of the last five popular presidential votes.)

I still voted for McCain because he was the best man for the job.

I will vote for Perry in the primaries and if he's the nominee.

I will not vote for Romney. Ever. Mostly because of his evil, lying cult, but also because I think he is generally a horrible human being. He's a guy who talks out of both sides of his mouth on issues and made himself rich by screwing working folks out of food on their table.

But please, feel free to vote for him.

I'll be here saying "I TOLD YOU SO" when Obama gets a second term.

Oh, I see, you are a crazy birther who thinks Obama is a Muslim. I get it.

Sorry, thought you were someone who should be taken seriously, my bad.

For the record, I used to be a staunch Republican, until I realized the GOP became the party that watches It's a Wonderful Life and cheers for Mr. Potter. Somewhere they went off the rails, and they've got the election losses to show for it... (losing four of the last five popular presidential votes.)

I still voted for McCain because he was the best man for the job.

I will vote for Perry in the primaries and if he's the nominee.

I will not vote for Romney. Ever. Mostly because of his evil, lying cult, but also because I think he is generally a horrible human being. He's a guy who talks out of both sides of his mouth on issues and made himself rich by screwing working folks out of food on their table.

But please, feel free to vote for him.

I'll be here saying "I TOLD YOU SO" when Obama gets a second term.

Ot would seem that you are the one who is frothing at the mouth! Got your knickers in a twist do ya now!

Forum List

Back