it begins....pastor says romney is not a christian

Yanno............while people are arguing about who is and isn't a Christian, they should consider this one little fact...........

Yeshua wasn't a Christian either, He was Jewish. What do you think the chances are that a Jewish person could be elected President?

I don't know, ABS. Five years ago I never thought Romney would make it to the nomination of the GOP. He will next year. So who knows about a Jewish president?

Kaz, you made the first assertions but did not back them up, so I kicked your butt about it.

You are angry. Weak minds often are.

Give us the case for libertarianism if you can. If you don't, then it is obvious you can't. That's OK, weak mind.

Kaz, you made the first assertions but did not back them up, so I kicked your butt about it.

Give us the case for libertarianism if you can. If you don't, then it is obvious you can't. That's OK, weak mind.

I keep quoting your assertions, you say libertarianism is totalitarianism and it's unamerican.

Then you started with that I made assertions and yet you continue to not name them. That damned intellectual vasectomy you had, what were you thinking? Let's be honest, you weren't bright before that either...

The mormons may be a cult, but their choir sure does make some purty music!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp89IUmlz9g]Consider The Lilies - Mormon Tabernacle Choir - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4BWhvIlFVE]Mormon Tabernacle Choir - Hallelujah, Christmas 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjrWu5K4u8s]Mormon Tabernacle Choir "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" - YouTube[/ame]

I keep quoting your assertions, you say libertarianism is totalitarianism and it's unamerican.

Then you started with that I made assertions and yet you continue to not name them. That damned intellectual vasectomy you had, what were you thinking? Let's be honest, you weren't bright before that either...

You were spouting libertarian nonsense, as usual, I made my comment, now you want me to refute your assertions with evidence. That is not how it works, weak one. You made the assertion, defend it with substantial something or the other, and I will tear it apart.

Libertarians are such wusses, as you are.

You were spouting libertarian nonsense, as usual, I made my comment, now you want me to refute your assertions with evidence. That is not how it works, weak one. You made the assertion, defend it with substantial something or the other, and I will tear it apart.

Attention pussy.. Yes I am talking to you Jake.

You stated quite clearly I am unamerican. POST UP ASSHOLE!!!!

Attention pussy.. Yes I am talking to you Jake.

You stated quite clearly I am unamerican. POST UP ASSHOLE!!!!

anyone can read your material, unamerican one, and see you are merely the reactionary flip side to a jihadist. tuff if you can't handle being called out. But, as evidence, anyone can read all you have posted and decide for themselves.

The mormons may be a cult, but their choir sure does make some purty music!

]

Why, you're right. Pretty music more than makes up for the misogyny, the homophobia, and the racism.

I take it you are not in agreement with the first Amendment!

Exactly where does it say in the first Amendment that I have to accept batshit crazy stupidity because someone calls it a religion?

It just says that the Mormons are free to be racist, homophobic and misogynistic as long as they can get stupid people to keep showing up. It doesn't say that I can't make judgments on it.

My big complaint is that they are allowed to get away with it because they manage to escape the scrutiny other religions get for their bad behavior. The Catholic Church (which I left in 1983) has been chewed a new one by society and the media because of it's bad behavior in hiding pedophile priests. And rightfully so. It's behavior was completely reprehensible.

When Bob Jones University had attention brought upon it because of it's rather silly rules on interracial dating, people made a fuss until they changed the policy. Rightfully so.

But we are going to give the Mormons a complete pass. We aren't going to question anything in their belief system that is dubious. We are going to give Mitt Romney the complete benefit of the doubt without asking him. Really?

Don't think so.

Why, you're right. Pretty music more than makes up for the misogyny, the homophobia, and the racism.

I take it you are not in agreement with the first Amendment!

Exactly where does it say in the first Amendment that I have to accept batshit crazy stupidity because someone calls it a religion?

It just says that the Mormons are free to be racist, homophobic and misogynistic as long as they can get stupid people to keep showing up. It doesn't say that I can't make judgments on it.

My big complaint is that they are allowed to get away with it because they manage to escape the scrutiny other religions get for their bad behavior. The Catholic Church (which I left in 1983) has been chewed a new one by society and the media because of it's bad behavior in hiding pedophile priests. And rightfully so. It's behavior was completely reprehensible.

When Bob Jones University had attention brought upon it because of it's rather silly rules on interracial dating, people made a fuss until they changed the policy. Rightfully so.

But we are going to give the Mormons a complete pass. We aren't going to question anything in their belief system that is dubious. We are going to give Mitt Romney the complete benefit of the doubt without asking him. Really?

Don't think so.

So you think that all religions should have to alter their holy books to conform to YOUR beliefs. Does that include islam?

Bottom line: If you don't want to be a mormon, don't join them. I don't believe that every water stain on a window screen is the virgin Mary. That's why I'm not a Catholic.

Last edited:
So you think that all religions should have to alter their holy books to conform to YOUR beliefs. Does that include islam?

Bottom line: If you don't want to be a mormon, don't join them. I don't believe that every water stain on a window screen is the virgin Mary. That's why I'm not a Catholic.

I would be happy as a clam if we got rid of all religion, because they are all full of shit. Every last one of them.

Religion is where a few clever people use the fear of death to get less smart people to give them money and control over their lives.

Incidently Catholics don't believe that stains on screens are the "Virgin Mary". In fact, whenever such a local belief props up, the Church actualy sends out people to determine if the incidents have prosiac natural explanations, and usually they do.

On the other hand, Mormons have been proven to be frauds. We know Joseph Smith was lying about everything. We know that there were no Hebrews in Ancient America, that the "Book of Abraham" was a pagan funerary scroll, that the Kinderhook Plates were Smith's neighbors pranking him. Yet no matter how many times they get proven wrong, they not only insist on denying them, but to use them as an excuse for the most reprehensible behaviors.

And now they want to foist one of their own on the rest of us... pardon me if I don't play along.

I would be happy as a clam if we got rid of all religion, because they are all full of shit. Every last one of them.

Religion is where a few clever people use the fear of death to get less smart people to give them money and control over their lives.

Incidently Catholics don't believe that stains on screens are the "Virgin Mary". In fact, whenever such a local belief props up, the Church actualy sends out people to determine if the incidents have prosiac natural explanations, and usually they do.
On the other hand, Mormons have been proven to be frauds. We know Joseph Smith was lying about everything. We know that there were no Hebrews in Ancient America, that the "Book of Abraham" was a pagan funerary scroll, that the Kinderhook Plates were Smith's neighbors pranking him. Yet no matter how many times they get proven wrong, they not only insist on denying them, but to use them as an excuse for the most reprehensible behaviors.

And now they want to foist one of their own on the rest of us... pardon me if I don't play along.

Bu.....bu.........bu........The Crusades and all that jazz! Didn't the Catholics 'foist' JFK, one of their own, on us?

Bu.....bu.........bu........The Crusades and all that jazz! Didn't the Catholics 'foist' JFK, one of their own, on us?

Considering about half of Catholics didn't vote for JFK and didn't really like him, no. Not so much.

I'm not sure why you are trying to get me to defend a religion I left 30 years ago.

I realize that you are desperate to get anyone you think can beat Obama up there,and you've bought into the myth of Romney's "electability" (even though the man has lost 75% of elections he's ever run in).

The same media that tells you now how "electable" Romney is will be the one telling you next year that Mormons are indeed batshit crazy...

And you can stomp your feet when Romney carries Utah and that's about it.

Forum List

Back