It looks as though Miami will be unaffected...

I was snowed in for 3 1/2 weeks from the storm with no power and I lived through it...
92a3146e-90ad-4e05-8925-9670bccb639b.jpg

1b6aa904-47e1-4d3c-b235-69f0996403a7.jpg

Snow2.jpg

Afterwards... dead cattle tens of thousands of them all across the area..
2013storm2.jpg

2 1/2 miles north of my house at the neighbors that is me taking the picture...
e6f5a-2013storm3.jpg

2013storm5.jpg

102113.a.gfh.aftermathbelow.jpg

My wife...
atlas-10-02-14-4.jpg

The beginning... first hour and half.
86c98fe4-58d9-4cf7-89e8-80ced3ca4e23_500.jpg
. You just keep going and going.. Different storms, different circumstances, and different outcomes.

I guess storms bring out the inner asshole in people like Rustic.

I was snowed in for 3 1/2 weeks from the storm with no power and I lived through it...
92a3146e-90ad-4e05-8925-9670bccb639b.jpg

1b6aa904-47e1-4d3c-b235-69f0996403a7.jpg

Snow2.jpg

Afterwards... dead cattle tens of thousands of them all across the area..
2013storm2.jpg

2 1/2 miles north of my house at the neighbors that is me taking the picture...
e6f5a-2013storm3.jpg

2013storm5.jpg

102113.a.gfh.aftermathbelow.jpg

My wife...
atlas-10-02-14-4.jpg

The beginning... first hour and half.
86c98fe4-58d9-4cf7-89e8-80ced3ca4e23_500.jpg
. You just keep going and going.. Different storms, different circumstances, and different outcomes.
Of course they are different in every way, I'm just saying the federal government/media needs to keep their opinions to themselves. They don't know the facts…
Those people choose to live in the city just as I choose to live up here, I don't need nor does anyone else Need the nanny state telling us what to do.

I wasn't aware that the federal government had anything to do with evacuations.

The media is providing information. The fact that you disagree with that just shows how truly ignorant you are.

What are you looking at that leads you to think that? You are aware that the paths shown on news reports pertain to the eye of the hurricane, not the whole hurricane, aren't you?

I'm looking at a hurricane having a ~300 mile diameter, which is about twice width of FL. That the eye of the hurricane may miss Miami is absolutely no basis for thinking Miami "will be unaffected."

I'm hearing that Miami will suffer storm surge for sure. Parts of Miami flood in passing-through heavy rain. In my mind, suffering storm surge is far from "unaffected."

Forecasted track and wind speeds at 6:00 p.m. today. (It's ~6:30 p.m. as I write this.)

Charleston, SC and points farther north on the Atlantic coast appear unlikely to suffer much beyond heavy rain, flooding, and high winds of the sort brought by a big thunderstorm.

In any case, my idea of "unaffected" is what London, England will experience as a result of Irma.

No, he doesn't, he doesn't live anywhere near an ocean and doesn't know shit.
STORM SURGE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR Miami ... Forecast: 45-60 mph with gusts to 80 mph - Window for Tropical Storm force winds: until ...
While it is a bad storm, is just that - a tropical storm not a hurricane for Miami…

Hey dipshit!

80 mph is a fucking hurricane!

Good news, the national hurricane center is saying that it will not strengthen - it will stay at three.
. Cat 4 now... Anything else you want to be wrong about ?? LOL
Shame on the national hurricane center... lol

As a Canadian, I know a thing or two about snow and blizzards. I've also been through a hurricane. I'll take the worst blizzard any day of the week.

You stock up on food, get a generator, and pick up some good books from the library and hunker down.

With a hurricane, you pray to God that the storm won't take the shelter you're in, and the flood waters rising in the yard don't get higher. It was the most frightening thing ever, and the hurricane I endured was a category 1 - nothing like this monster.

What are you looking at that leads you to think that? You are aware that the paths shown on news reports pertain to the eye of the hurricane, not the whole hurricane, aren't you?

I'm looking at a hurricane having a ~300 mile diameter, which is about twice width of FL. That the eye of the hurricane may miss Miami is absolutely no basis for thinking Miami "will be unaffected."

I'm hearing that Miami will suffer storm surge for sure. Parts of Miami flood in passing-through heavy rain. In my mind, suffering storm surge is far from "unaffected."

Forecasted track and wind speeds at 6:00 p.m. today. (It's ~6:30 p.m. as I write this.)

Charleston, SC and points farther north on the Atlantic coast appear unlikely to suffer much beyond heavy rain, flooding, and high winds of the sort brought by a big thunderstorm.

In any case, my idea of "unaffected" is what London, England will experience as a result of Irma.

No, he doesn't, he doesn't live anywhere near an ocean and doesn't know shit.
STORM SURGE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR Miami ... Forecast: 45-60 mph with gusts to 80 mph - Window for Tropical Storm force winds: until ...
While it is a bad storm, is just that - a tropical storm not a hurricane for Miami…

Hey dipshit!

80 mph is a fucking hurricane!
Yep

Beaufort Wind Scale

The Hurricane Watch Net

I think a lot of people get stupid about weather events. I would wager that upon reading the content at the second link above, some would think that the descriptions are literal and precise rather than general and indicative of what one can reasonably expect. For example, some might think a light 10mph breeze a tree won't uproot when the reality is that, given the right conditions, a tree can fall over on its own with no wind to speak of.

Last edited:

Well, if it worked out for you in that circumstance, it must work the same way for everyone in every severe weather situation, right? :p
Na, we just don't depend on the nanny state up here and do just fine.
MONTANA
State Population: 989,415 (2010)

Number of Farms: 29,500(2007)

Farm Land: 61.38 million acres (2007)

Average Farm Size: 2,079 acres (2007)

NORTH DAKOTA
State Population: 672,591 (2010)

Number of Farms: 32,000 (2007)

Farm Land: 39.67 million acres (2007)

Average Farm Size: 1,241 acres (2007)

SOUTH DAKOTA
State Population: 814,180 (2010)

Number of Farms: 31,300 (2007)

Farm Land: 43.6 million acres (2007)

Average Farm Size: 1,401 acres (2007)

We just can't go running to uncle sugar every time something goes wrong… LOL

And everyone faces the same shit up here every time of storm rolls through not just a few like you think…

How's the fires? You don't need nanny state to put them out, do you.

Good news, the national hurricane center is saying that it will not strengthen - it will stay at three.

As a Canadian, I know a thing or two about snow and blizzards. I've also been through a hurricane. I'll take the worst blizzard any day of the week.

You stock up on food, get a generator, and pick up some good books from the library and hunker down.

With a hurricane, you pray to God that the storm won't take the shelter you're in, and the flood waters rising in the yard don't get higher. It was the most frightening thing ever, and the hurricane I endured was a category 1 - nothing like this monster.

I agree. I'd be hard pressed to feel the need to evacuate for a blizzard. So long as the construction and pitch of the roof is enough to keep the roof from caving under the weight of the snow, I'm good.

I agree. I'd be hard pressed to feel the need to evacuate for a blizzard. So long as the construction and pitch of the roof is enough to keep the roof from caving under the weight of the snow, I'm good.
Agreed...we've had a few in the Buffalo area when I was a kid....hunker down...have food and water, blankets....maybe a generator.....fireplace and wood.....Of course, later on....we had snowmobiles and my father and I resupplied our road with food stuffs.

Irma rotates counter-clockwise so in the least she is not an anti-cyclone. I rode Hurricane Betsy, category 1 on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, rode three typhoons in the Gulf of Tonkin where they were are all named Maria and one anti-cyclone in the Philippine Sea. Wikipedia says that anti-cyclones are weak but they never rode one with waves over 120 feet high.

I never said that that they are the same I just said they are different, when you're snowed in it's not the weight of the snow it's the cold that kills... because when you lose power it's for weeks at a time up here.
BTW Miami is not getting hit by a hurricane conditions - it's a tropical storm conditions. The west part of Floridas Peninsula IS getting hit it hit by hurricane conditions.
The Sad thing is the mainstream media pressed people to evacuate prematurely AND many of them evacuated right to the worst side of Florida, also many elderly and disabled have been sitting in the heat and humidity waiting for shelter unnecessarily. Because of a premature request by the mainstream media.

And then you have people like little Rubio saying that it's best to catch up on Game of Thrones in a shelter? WTF

I never said that that they are the same I just said they are different, when you're snowed in it's not the weight of the snow it's the cold that kills... because when you lose power it's for weeks at a time up here.
BTW Miami is not getting hit by a hurricane conditions - it's a tropical storm conditions. The west part of Floridas Peninsula IS getting hit it hit by hurricane conditions.
The Sad thing is the mainstream media pressed people to evacuate prematurely AND many of them evacuated right to the worst side of Florida, also many elderly and disabled have been sitting in the heat and humidity waiting for shelter unnecessarily. Because of a premature request by the mainstream media.

And then you have people like little Rubio saying that it's best to catch up on Game of Thrones in a shelter? WTF
Well, gosh darn it! Why can't those weather people be more accurate for you!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back