It looks as though Miami will be unaffected...

Until two days ago, they thought Miami was going to take a direct hit, and they had way too many people to evacuate to order out in one day. They did the right thing. No one forces anyone to leave in a mandatory evacuation; you're just on your own during the storm if you choose to stay. So no one has anything to bitch about either way.
The mainstream media prematurely lost their shit... they will not admit it though. Silly fuckers
and like I said if I lived there I would be fucking pissed off if I evacuated... especially if I evacuated to the west side of Florida. LOL

I feel sorry for the disabled and elderly, having to sit for a whole day out in the heat and humidity waiting for shelter unnecessarily…

This has a lot to do with the political correct nature of the media and the collective… Do as you're told. Don't think for yourself - it takes a fucking Village. LOL
The mainstream media? It was the NOAA's predictions and the Governor who made those calls; the MSM just reported it, as it should.
You're missing my point, people watch networks like CNN. And the silly fucker on CNN over the last few days Has been telling people to evacuate their house in the Miami area.
So a bunch of disabled and elderly people have been leaving for shelters then sitting out in the heat and humidity for a whole day waiting for shelter… Unnecessarily

Then there is those who evacuated to the wrong side of Florida… That should've stayed where they were.

And like I said over and over again I would be pissed if I Lived in the Miami area and I evacuated, especially if I evacuated to the wrong side of Florida. Lol
You don't have a point....you're just whining.
No, i'm just commenting. LOL
See that's what we've lost in this country the freedom of individuality…

Good news, the national hurricane center is saying that it will not strengthen - it will stay at three.
. Cat 4 now... Anything else you want to be wrong about ?? LOL
Shame on the national hurricane center... lol

As a Canadian, I know a thing or two about snow and blizzards. I've also been through a hurricane. I'll take the worst blizzard any day of the week.

You stock up on food, get a generator, and pick up some good books from the library and hunker down.

With a hurricane, you pray to God that the storm won't take the shelter you're in, and the flood waters rising in the yard don't get higher. It was the most frightening thing ever, and the hurricane I endured was a category 1 - nothing like this monster.

I agree. I'd be hard pressed to feel the need to evacuate for a blizzard. So long as the construction and pitch of the roof is enough to keep the roof from caving under the weight of the snow, I'm good.
. I just go out and tap things to make the weight fall off.. Usually works out great.

21371169_10214375266878393_9222749087650048523_n.jpg

Wow, just wow. You are one stupid fuck, probably the stupidest fuck on these boards. You aren't worth reading.
From now on you're on ignore. Be proud, you are only the second poster I have put on ignore in just about seven years. That shows what a waste of time you are.
al-gore12123345.jpg

Until two days ago, they thought Miami was going to take a direct hit, and they had way too many people to evacuate to order out in one day. They did the right thing. No one forces anyone to leave in a mandatory evacuation; you're just on your own during the storm if you choose to stay. So no one has anything to bitch about either way.
The mainstream media prematurely lost their shit... they will not admit it though. Silly fuckers
and like I said if I lived there I would be fucking pissed off if I evacuated... especially if I evacuated to the west side of Florida. LOL

I feel sorry for the disabled and elderly, having to sit for a whole day out in the heat and humidity waiting for shelter unnecessarily…

This has a lot to do with the political correct nature of the media and the collective… Do as you're told. Don't think for yourself - it takes a fucking Village. LOL
The mainstream media? It was the NOAA's predictions and the Governor who made those calls; the MSM just reported it, as it should.
You're missing my point, people watch networks like CNN. And the silly fucker on CNN over the last few days Has been telling people to evacuate their house in the Miami area.
So a bunch of disabled and elderly people have been leaving for shelters then sitting out in the heat and humidity for a whole day waiting for shelter… Unnecessarily

Then there is those who evacuated to the wrong side of Florida… That should've stayed where they were.

And like I said over and over again I would be pissed if I Lived in the Miami area and I evacuated, especially if I evacuated to the wrong side of Florida. Lol
No, I DID understand your point. As a matter of fact, early this a.m. when I first saw the updates on what is predicted for Miami, I did think to myself, a lot of people are going to pissed that they evacuated. They will ignore future warnings that might mean the difference between life and death the next time around. However, from what is happening right now, I'm pretty sure most people will be happy they got out. Unless they went to Tampa, that is.

. What you got to say today ? LOL.. Please stop.
People need to quit thinking the mainstream media has the best interests of the people in mind...

Word of the day… Groupthink

:meow:

No, I DID understand your point. As a matter of fact, early this a.m. when I first saw the updates on what is predicted for Miami, I did think to myself, a lot of people are going to pissed that they evacuated. They will ignore future warnings that might mean the difference between life and death the next time around. However, from what is happening right now, I'm pretty sure most people will be happy they got out. Unless they went to Tampa, that is.
My point exactly, The so called "news" should present the facts and No opinion on these sort of things.
The freedom of individuality has been lost in this country... unfortunately
I don't think the disabled and elderly will be very happy on their evacuation... and those that evacuated to the wrong side of Florida should be fucking pissed. But then again I guess they can always catch up on Game of Thrones in a shelter according to little Rubio. :lmao:
Here's a message from CNN to those they told to evacuate...
10354899_500191323445089_2916803480374251269_n.jpg

People need to quit thinking the mainstream media has the best interests of the people in mind...

So...you need to practice what you preach...ignore warnings coming from the mainstream media from now on.

Actually morons like YOU need to stop thinking getting your tinfoil on is all that matters especially on shit you know less than zero about.

Quick check just now tells me there's already a million Floridans without power, and she's only over the keys so far, with 130mph winds. And as expected she strengthened over the water upon leaving Cuba, and downtown Miami is already described as "completely underwater".

But you go ahead and sit on your ass preaching to those people about how it ain't real, asshole.

Word of the day: Tinfoil.

. Well the facts are proving to be different on the ground now, and like so many here have said - A Mandatory evacuation is not mandatory in the sense that you claim it is. Mandatory means no help will come during the dangerous portion of the event, so don't cry when you call like an idiot because you stayed and no one comes for you when you call.

Good news, the national hurricane center is saying that it will not strengthen - it will stay at three.

As a Canadian, I know a thing or two about snow and blizzards. I've also been through a hurricane. I'll take the worst blizzard any day of the week.

You stock up on food, get a generator, and pick up some good books from the library and hunker down.

With a hurricane, you pray to God that the storm won't take the shelter you're in, and the flood waters rising in the yard don't get higher. It was the most frightening thing ever, and the hurricane I endured was a category 1 - nothing like this monster.

I agree. I'd be hard pressed to feel the need to evacuate for a blizzard. So long as the construction and pitch of the roof is enough to keep the roof from caving under the weight of the snow, I'm good.
. I just go out and tap things to make the weight fall off.. Usually works out great.
You got be fucking kidding me?
The weight of the snow is the last thing you have to worry about being snowed in… :lmao:

So...you need to practice what you preach...ignore warnings coming from the mainstream media from now on.
. It's easy for rustic to talk crap from the sidelines, and especially while sitting on the safety of the bench while not in the game, but when the coach calls you into the game, then the game is on.

You got be fucking kidding me?
The weight of the snow is the last thing you have to worry about being snowed in… :lmao:
. No that's just one of the things to do during the event. Please Stop... LOL

I just go out and tap things to make the weight fall off.. Usually works out great.

Well, I'll admit to never having gone out in the snow and "tapped" the roof of a house. LOL

I'm not a particularly lucky person. With my luck the snow would come down on me.

Actually morons like YOU need to stop thinking getting your tinfoil on is all that matters especially on shit you know less than zero about.

Quick check just now tells me there's already a million Floridans without power, and she's only over the keys so far, with 130mph winds. And as expected she strengthened over the water upon leaving Cuba, and downtown Miami is already described as "completely underwater".

But you go ahead and sit on your ass preaching to those people about how it ain't real, asshole.

Word of the day: Tinfoil.
STORM SURGE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR MIAMI ... Forecast: 50-65 mph with gusts to 100 mph - Window for Tropical Storm force winds: until ...

You need to catch up on your word of the day… LOL
List of Newspeak words - Wikipedia

I just go out and tap things to make the weight fall off.. Usually works out great.

Well, I'll admit to never having gone out in the snow and "tapped" the roof of a house. LOL

I'm not a particularly lucky person. With my luck the snow would come down on me.
. Had that happen to me.. shush, don't let rustic know. LOL

Somethings you have to worry about when "snowed in" the cold and asphyxiation, not the weight of the snow....lol

My point exactly, The so called "news" should present the facts and No opinion on these sort of things.
I don't think the disabled and elderly will be very happy on their evacuation... and those that evacuated to the wrong side of Florida should be fucking pissed. But then again I guess they can always catch up on Game of Thrones in a shelter according to little Rubio. :lmao:
The so called "news" should present the facts and No opinion on these sort of things.
Rustic, Rustic, Rustic. There is no hope, is there, of you grasping the difference between fact and opinion?
I can't help you. I've tried before.

Agreed...we've had a few in the Buffalo area when I was a kid....hunker down...have food and water, blankets....maybe a generator.....fireplace and wood.....Of course, later on....we had snowmobiles and my father and I resupplied our road with food stuffs.

Our neighbours had snowmobiles. They'd ride over to the local general store and get supplies for the neighbourhood - about 4 farms, including theirs. The store owners lived on the property so the store was always kept open even in the roads weren't. They'd run accounts for all of us until the roads were plowed.

We'd play cards, and socialize until the roads were cleared. If the power went out, well just throw another log in the fireplace. It was like a mini-vacation.

We had dairy farmers on our road. Those roads get plowed first. There's only so much the farm storage tanks can hold and once they're full, the milk goes down the drain. If you're buying a house in the country, look for the dairy farms.

The so called "news" should present the facts and No opinion on these sort of things.
Rustic, Rustic, Rustic. There is no hope, is there, of you grasping the difference between fact and opinion?
I can't help you. I've tried before.
Most people in high population areas take the news as gospel, which the mainstream media is all about opinion and no facts.
The mainstream media lost their shit prematurely… Like I said if I lived there I'd be fucking pissed if I evacuated

Forum List

Back