It May Be Time for the 25th Amendment Solution

This is the actual language: unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,
Trump is not "unable" to do the job. He has been doing it. People don't like some of his decisions and some of his behavior, but he IS doing the job. Unless you've got some specific examples of NOT doing his job.

There it gets subjective.

A monkey (or more accurately a toddler) could "do the job"

But to do it responsibly? Ya know without demanding that heads of state be assassinated or not knowing what the hell he's signing?

Because as it stands...other people around him (unelected) are doing the job for him

Given the reports coming out of the White House and the TImes Op-Ed...it certainly looks like we have a President with severe mental issues.

I don't relish the idea of Pence...but at least he's not a raving lunatic
what hasn't he done to help the country? name something.
Being batshit crazy doesn't help anyone
Here is the problem.

It is you leftists who are batshit crazy. You all have been since Nov. 2016.

This is the actual language: unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,
Trump is not "unable" to do the job. He has been doing it. People don't like some of his decisions and some of his behavior, but he IS doing the job. Unless you've got some specific examples of NOT doing his job.

But to do it responsibly? Ya know without demanding that heads of state be assassinated or not knowing what the hell he's signing?

Because as it stands...other people around him (unelected) are doing the job for him
This amendment covers issues like the president going medically brain-dead or something not a bunch of sore loser butt hurt babies don't like losing an election and don't like having the opposing Party's candidate as president.

This amendment covers issues like the president going medically brain-dead or something not a bunch of sore loser butt hurt babies don't like losing an election and don't like having the opposing Party's candidate as president.

It covers a President who is physically or mentally unable to perform the duties of the Presidency.

It is totally subjective and relies on the judgement and consensus of his staff (the Cabinet) who work most closely with him.

Given the reports coming out of the White House and the TImes Op-Ed...it certainly looks like we have a President with severe mental issues.

No we have people who believe the op ed who have sever mental issues. LOL

IF you believe an amomynous (giggle) letter.

Look, I'd love to see him pack his bags and leave this morning, but I don't see -- even from the Op Ed in the NYT -- that there is any proof he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. He meets regularly with foreign leaders. He negotiates trade deals. He makes decisions about military matters (like Syria). He signs legislation and he pushes Congress to do his bidding. ALL presidents have a small army of advisers to help them get through the immense amount of information they need to know in order to cope with a horribly complex job. The adviser who wrote that Op Ed is not in agreement with what the President thinks about some foreign situations, but does that mean the Pres is "unable"? It means he is coming from a very different place than this adviser, but is the amomynous writer the only one who knows what is "right?"

The Op Ed is not saying anything that hasn't been floated since Trump took office, that his administration is chaotic and he is unpredictable and difficult to work for. Who didn't think of sending the CIA to shoot Assad? Okay, maybe not out loud.

It covers a President who is physically or mentally unable to perform the duties of the Presidency.

It is totally subjective and relies on the judgement and consensus of his staff (the Cabinet) who work most closely with him.

Snowflake, how are you going to argue that the current President is physically or mentally unable to do his job when he has proven to be the best President this country has had in decades, if not ever?

How are you going to make a sane argument that the current President is physically or mentally unable to perform his tasks as President when he & his policies have:

- Produced the strongest economy in decades

- Lowered unemployment to the lowest percent in DECADES

- Lowered minority unemployment to the lowest in RECORDED HISTORY

- Got more Americans working than at any other time

- Brought back manufacturing jobs that Obama declared were gone forever

- Delivered more jobs, more full-time jobs, higher pay, raises, and bonuses

- Gotten a large number OFF of Welfare, Unemployment, and Food Stamps

- Gotten North Korea's Leader to abandon missile testing, to start destroying nuclear facilities, releasing American Korean war dead, and engage in serious talks on getting rid of his nukes

- Gotten NATO countries to pay their fair share of the cost of THEIR defense

- Has been tougher on Russia than Obama, who gave them 20% of our uranium supply, Crimea, Top Secret data through Hillary's illegal server, and 'permission' to continue interfering in the US and US elections dating back to 2014 (which he knew about yet did nothing to stop it)

??????????

Obama spent 8 years aiding terrorists, this nation's enemies (Iran, Russia...), Mexican Drug Cartels, Human traffickers, MS-13, violent illegals...illegally spying on and targeting US Citizens, illegally spying on the US Senate and USSC...violating both Constitution and Rule of Law - found in Contempt of Court TWICE for ignoring Judges' decisions and to be in violation of the US Constitution...set a new record for criminal non-compliance with the Freedom of Information Act, and his Pro-Hillary/Anti-Trump Conspiracy is unraveling / being exposed, as the 1st of his Conspirators, McCabe, now faces a Grand Jury.

If the 25th Amendment EVER applied to anyone it would have been THAT traitorous POS!

As it is, President Trump has done more for this country and the American people in 2 years than Obama did in 8...than has been done in DECADES, in some cases EVER.

So the idea that a bunch of disgruntled. sore-loser, butt-hurt, seditious, treasonous babies who refuse to accept the 2016 election results are going to actually succeed in making the argument that the 25th Amendment should be applied to this President for his removal is a snowflake / liberal wet dream.

IF you believe an amomynous (giggle) letter.

Look, I'd love to see him pack his bags and leave this morning, but I don't see -- even from the Op Ed in the NYT -- that there is any proof he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. He meets regularly with foreign leaders. He negotiates trade deals. He makes decisions about military matters (like Syria). He signs legislation and he pushes Congress to do his bidding. ALL presidents have a small army of advisers to help them get through the immense amount of information they need to know in order to cope with a horribly complex job. The adviser who wrote that Op Ed is not in agreement with what the President thinks about some foreign situations, but does that mean the Pres is "unable"? It means he is coming from a very different place than this adviser, but is the amomynous writer the only one who knows what is "right?"

The Op Ed is not saying anything that hasn't been floated since Trump took office, that his administration is chaotic and he is unpredictable and difficult to work for. Who didn't think of sending the CIA to shoot Assad? Okay, maybe not out loud.

Citing 'anonymous sources', the Op-Ed piece carries as much weight as a Letter To The Editor in a state newspaper from someone claiming an 'anonymous source' told them that Bill Clinton humps farm animals while wearing goat leggings during full moons.

Snowflake, how are you going to argue that the current President is physically or mentally unable to do his job when he has proven to be the best President this country has had in decades, if not ever?

Holy shit.

Whatever is afflicting Trump seems to be spreading

I imagine you perceive President Trump like this:

Holy shit. Whatever is afflicting Trump seems to be spreading
Dude, that response was so weak you would be kicked from the kids' table, too, which is where you belong after that pathetic post. :p

We don't exercise the 25th Amendment because the person you voted for lost.

Nor because of anonymous accusations. But if they do try the 25th, they'll no longer be anonymous and we'll be dealing with real evidence (or the lack thereof).

Nor because of anonymous accusations. But if they do try the 25th, they'll no longer be anonymous and we'll be dealing with real evidence (or the lack thereof).

There is no doubt Trump is mentally unstable. When you are crazy, you spew out the crazy like other people talk about the weather...

The only question is, when do the people around him stop enabling and do something about it.

True.

The 25th Amendment is a "Break Glass Only in Case of Emergency" mechanism to deal with a dysfunctional President, unfit for high office.

The time is fast drawing near, to invoke the 25th, for the sake of the Republic and its People and their representative democracy.

God Save the Republic.

I thought you were cool with Trump as long as he was going after Mexicans.
And there's where you're wrong...

I have zero trouble defending his actions and those of his administration when going after Illegal Aliens or enhancing border security.

I wanted those very agenda items pursued - vigorously and even unconventionally - long before The Creature arrived on the scene...

But I voted for Shrillary on November 8, 2016, when push came to shove...

Because I thought (rightly so) that The Creature poses a danger to the Republic that far outweighs any benefit obtained by such pursuits...

Translation: I thought The Creature was far too high a price to pay for what I wanted.

what hasn't he done to help the country? name something.
Being batshit crazy doesn't help anyone

It's not helping you in the least.

Forum List

Back