It's almost June - countdown to the Supreme Court decision on ACA

If people were forced to purchase electricity and had to buy it from a federal agency you could be bringing up an interesting issue.

But as it is, your question just makes it sound like you're one who doesn't understand the 10th amendment.

Except that electricity is a state mandated monopoly in most places. So while the state doesn't "force" you to buy it (How is that cardboard box under the bridge working out for you?) they've really limited your choices. In fact, you have far more choices under the ACA than you have about where your electricity comes from.

And here's part of the point. Here in IL, as least, you have to not pay your bill for about six months before Com Ed can cut you off. So there are people who really do abuse the system from the other end, just like the people who refuse to buy insurance and show up at an emergency room to get anti-biotics for that cold.

10th amendment

And the 9th...

The far right of my party has trouble realizing that modern technology, transportation, and communication has made our society so intertwined that a national health system will be more effective and less costly. However, that means some folks will not get super rich and that just horrifies them.

In a social contract you have ownership in other people I own a part of you and you own a part of me. Because for the greater good we must make sure no one has vices and must maintain a healthy lifestyle. Because an unhealthy lifestyle is bad for the common good in a social contract. I don't owe you a damn thing nor do you owe me anything.

The far right of my party has trouble realizing that modern technology, transportation, and communication has made our society so intertwined that a national health system will be more effective and less costly. However, that means some folks will not get super rich and that just horrifies them.

The old social contract is nothing but a communist manipulated version of my brothers keeper.

You are completely out of step with the American narrative. There's a communist behind you, bigrebnc!!! Boo!!! What a maroon and trool.

Except that electricity is a state mandated monopoly in most places. So while the state doesn't "force" you to buy it (How is that cardboard box under the bridge working out for you?) they've really limited your choices. In fact, you have far more choices under the ACA than you have about where your electricity comes from.

And here's part of the point. Here in IL, as least, you have to not pay your bill for about six months before Com Ed can cut you off. So there are people who really do abuse the system from the other end, just like the people who refuse to buy insurance and show up at an emergency room to get anti-biotics for that cold.

10th amendment

And the 9th...

Ninthers and Tenthers are loons and maroons. Move along, dorks.

The old social contract is nothing but a communist manipulated version of my brothers keeper.

You are completely out of step with the American narrative. There's a communist behind you, bigrebnc!!! Boo!!! What a maroon and trool.
You are in step with the communist
In a social contract you have ownership in other people I own a part of you and you own a part of me. Because for the greater good we must make sure no one has vices and must maintain a healthy lifestyle. Because an unhealthy lifestyle is bad for the common good in a social contract. I don't owe you a damn thing nor do you owe me anything.

10th amendment

And the 9th...

It's my thread. ;)

You big gov't, as-the-unions-go-so-goes-the-middle-class, social compact people could sway me and I could almost be okay with four more years of Obama, but it keeps coming back to the cavalier disregard he has for the constitution.

This is a president who claimed the right to unilaterally declare the Senate to be in recess.

All this feedback and debate could have helped sway things over to the liberals' side if that side were being led by a man who plays by the rules.

When checks and balances are gone, there is no trust, there is no framework for a legitimate debate.

It keeps coming back to "you guys who place your version of the social compact over the constitution don't deserve the protections of either".

No you don't, maroon. You are such a silly.

No you don't, maroon. You are such a silly.

You are a supporter of a social contract and you call me a moron? Dude you are too stupid to understand what a social contract implies and who would support one.

And the 9th...

It's my thread. ;) You big gov't, as-the-unions-go-so-goes-the-middle-class, social compact people could sway me and I could almost be okay with four more years of Obama, but it keeps coming back to the cavalier disregard he has for the constitution. This is a president who claimed the right to unilaterally declare the Senate to be in recess. All this feedback and debate could have helped sway things over to the liberals' side if that side were being led by a man who plays by the rules. When checks and balances are gone, there is no trust, there is no framework for a legitimate debate. It keeps coming back to "you guys who place your version of the social compact over the constitution don't deserve the protections of either".
Amelia, it's your thread, and I may respond. Of course you deserve, and do, have the protection of the Social Compact. I will be voting for Romney but not because Obama disregards the Constitution. That's not so. You have a theory but that is all it is is. I will vote for Romney and hope you do, too.

bigrebnc? If you don't realize the Social Compact has been a part of America since the beginning, go read the Mayflower Compact. You are a maroon.

Last edited:

It's my thread. ;) You big gov't, as-the-unions-go-so-goes-the-middle-class, social compact people could sway me and I could almost be okay with four more years of Obama, but it keeps coming back to the cavalier disregard he has for the constitution. This is a president who claimed the right to unilaterally declare the Senate to be in recess. All this feedback and debate could have helped sway things over to the liberals' side if that side were being led by a man who plays by the rules. When checks and balances are gone, there is no trust, there is no framework for a legitimate debate. It keeps coming back to "you guys who place your version of the social compact over the constitution don't deserve the protections of either".

Amelia, it's your thread, and I may respond. Of course you deserve, and do, have the protection of the Social Compact. I will be voting for Romney but not because Obama disregards the Constitution. That's not so.

So you take back your orders for me to move along? Thank you for the permission to post in my own thread. ;)

Why the hell would you want to vote for Romney over Obama?

Amelia, it's your thread, and I may respond. Of course you deserve, and do, have the protection of the Social Compact. I will be voting for Romney but not because Obama disregards the Constitution. That's not so.

So you take back your orders for me to move along? Thank you for the permission to post in my own thread. ;)

Or vice versa?

So you take back your orders for me to move along? Thank you for the permission to post in my own thread. ;) Why the hell would you want to vote for Romney over Obama?

Don't think so much of yourself. :lol: It was another maroon I was talking to. :lol: Because I have been for Romney from the beginning. I just despise much of the maroonry from the far right in our party is all. Vote for Romney,

See, you RINOs from the far right get all wrought out of shape when called out for your nonsense. You can it to the Dems and the libs, but when you get it from within our party, you freak out. Understand that you are only a small minority that has been wagging the dog for awhile, but that ends when Romney takes office.

You told tenthers to move along, Jake. I'm a tenther.

And now, most seriously, please tell my why you support Romney, Jake.

How is his candidacy not at odds with your priorities?

From August 2009 to present, FakeJake hasn't stopped defending 0bama at every turn...

He isn't voting for Romney...:eusa_shhh:

You told tenthers to move along, Jake. I'm a tenther. And now, most seriously, please tell my why you support Romney, Jake. How is his candidacy not at odds with your priorities?
I am sad to hear that. I thought you were a constitutionalist. I support Romney because he will follow a foreign policy between that of Bush and Obama, because he will reject tentherism and trooferism and birferism, because he understand that we live in the modern marvel of technology in the 21st century and not in the 1950s, because he will create jobs, and because he is not afraid of government fed or state as a tool to be used to help business create jobs. He's the right choice.

Forum List

Back