It’s hysterical to me the GOP wanted to give Trump the Nobel prize and yet to the surprise of....

His Excellency
Kim Jong Un
Chairman of the State Affairs Commission
of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Pyongyang

Dear Mr. Chairman:
We greatly appreciate your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a summit long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore. We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant. I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.
I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately, it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated.
If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Korea in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.
Sincerely yours,
Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America

Calls him "his excellency," laments the end of the "wonderful dialogue" with a villainous monster that he was so looking forward to hanging out with, praises as a beautiful gesture that Kim senselessly held Americans hostage for years (their release is no change whatsoever from decades of NK policy)

I cannot believe he released this blubbering mess. There is no strongman dictator thug in the world that Trump doesn't love.

LoL, Trump is using a car dealing tactic on Un. Negotiate, dude won’t give you that last detail to close the deal and you walk out. Un will be back at the table before Trump gets halfway to the parking lot.
Maybe. Hope so. I think Trump was just sick and tired of all the threats and complaining from NoKo. So yeah, he called Un's bluff. But what Pence said about Libya? Unbelievably stupid. I don't see that KJU's response was at all shocking, considering.
I had a long post for you but it got locked out. I’ll try to reply later.

Obama and Peace Prizes have nothing to do with this. The present administration has blown a historic opportunity, one that the nation and the world looked to with hopes for peace. Instead, what has been served is inane bellicosity.
What in the wide wide world of sports makes you think this is over?

His Excellency
Kim Jong Un
Chairman of the State Affairs Commission
of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Pyongyang

Dear Mr. Chairman:
We greatly appreciate your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a summit long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore. We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant. I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.
I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately, it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated.
If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Korea in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.
Sincerely yours,
Donald J. Trump
President of the United States of America

Calls him "his excellency," laments the end of the "wonderful dialogue" with a villainous monster that he was so looking forward to hanging out with, praises as a beautiful gesture that Kim senselessly held Americans hostage for years (their release is no change whatsoever from decades of NK policy)

I cannot believe he released this blubbering mess. There is no strongman dictator thug in the world that Trump doesn't love.

Considering if he went to the meeting you would call him a sell out, this is a clear case of you complaining just to complain.

ZOMG HE USED DIPLOMATIC LANGUAGE IN A DIPLOMATIC LETTER!!!!

tenor.gif

Trump should have studied Nixon’s approach to China or Obama’s approach to Iran. He might learn something, at the very least, that there is more to it then public posturing and self aggrandizing.

North Korea now has an estimated 30 nukes, according to U.S. intelligence estimates, and it is close to being able to fit a bomb on long-range missiles capable of striking the U.S

Only a fool who had no idea of the history of negotiations with N Korea would have thought Trump's goofy plan would work, and Trump is definately that fool.

We've never had a president who was more ignorant about American history and lacked the intellectual curiosity to LEARN.
That would be Obama.

This tells me you are not a serious person. He had extensive knowledge of US presidents.

A letter from the President to Chairman Kim Jong Un: "It is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting."

shame!

Dd92X2YVQAAR-k4.jpg

The White House on Twitter

I especially enjoyed this part - LoL more Fire and fury .. and MY button is bigger than your button?

Scary and Sad shit :(

You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.
If the U.S. President really wrote this, it is the clearest example so far of an incapacity of coherent thought and expression to date. If he didnt write it, whoever did should be fired immediately.
How is it that North Korea's 'leader' must change his mind? He didn't refuse the meeting. How could the cancellation be good for both parties and at the same time bad for the world?
The text is a poor mish-mash of verbiage that in an English class would receive a very low grade.

Considering if he went to the meeting you would call him a sell out, this is a clear case of you complaining just to complain.
Aww sad conservative victim has to invent bullshit to cope with his pathetic failure of a President :itsok:

Coming from a wanna-be revolutionary cuck that is comical.

This is normal diplomacy. Isn't one of the complaints you morons had that Trump ignores the niceties of his position.

Trump sends a nasty letter: ZOMG he's gonna get us all killed pissing other countries off!
Trump sends a nice letter: ZOMG he's capitulating to the Norks and going to get us all killed!

Forum List

Back