It's official: YOU'RE paying for the wall; not Mexico

Trump’s Border Wall Gets Billions in Budget Proposal

:rofl:

Another failure that the rubes will make excuses for and gulp down like so much piss
I don't give a fuck. Just build the damn thing.

You pay for it then stop wasting my tax dollars.
I waste my tax dollars everyday on bloated liberal government.
Now you are wasting your dollars on bloated republican government.

If it's "bloated," then why are douche bags like you bleating about how much Trump is cutting it?
Trump has no phyucking clue to what he is doing

If it's "bloated," then why are douche bags like you bleating about how much Trump is cutting it?
Trump has no phyucking clue to what he is doing

He appears to me to know what he's doing. He's dismantling the liberal welfare state.

Budget c
Trump’s Border Wall Gets Billions in Budget Proposal

:rofl:

Another failure that the rubes will make excuses for and gulp down like so much piss

Repubs are in control bud, own it. It's a bloated republican govt.

What's even more hilarious about this is that repubs are too stupid to know that there will be a never ending cost to maintain the wall after it is built.

Compared to the annual cost of illegal aliens....that'll be a bargain.

Wow. You really need to change your sig.

And you need to stop getting your news from Brietbart and Jones.

For the gazillionth time, most undocumented are not Mexican or SAmerican. Very few are coming across from the south. No terrorists came from the south. The wall is stupid, unnecessary and will not accomplish anything except take money away from America and Americans.

For the gazillionth time, most undocumented are not Mexican or SAmerican.

Where are most illegal aliens coming from?

What's even more hilarious about this is that repubs are too stupid to know that there will be a never ending cost to maintain the wall after it is built.

For the gazillionth time, most undocumented are not Mexican or SAmerican. Very few are coming across from the south. No terrorists came from the south. The wall is stupid, unnecessary and will not accomplish anything except take money away from America and Americans.

For the gazillionth time, most undocumented are not Mexican or SAmerican.

Where are most illegal aliens coming from?
Not most but many come by plane and simply overstay their visas. The wall won't stop that. Sad!

Okay.....just what is the net (benefits minus costs) economic impact of illegal immigration on U.S. GDP?

That you even made the statement above shows you don't actually know. The fact is that the answer can be found in a document published by one of the most anti-immigration conservative organizations around, the Center for Immigration Studies. Quite simply illegal immigration doesn't have a net cost, it yields a net gain to the U.S. economy.

The fact of the matter is that the net economic impact of illegal immigration is very small, but it's nonetheless positive, not negative.
  • Illegal immigrants increased GDP by $395 to $472 billion. This “contribution” to the economy does not measure the net benefit to natives.
  • The surplus from illegal immigration, or the net gain to US workers and employers exclusive of any labor income paid to the unauthorized immigrants themselves, is approximately 0.03 percent of US GDP.
  • The immigration surplus or benefit to natives created by illegal immigrants is estimated at around $9 billion a year or 0.06 percent of GDP -- six one-hundredths of 1 percent.
  • Although the net benefits to natives from illegal immigrants are small, there is a sizable redistribution effect. Illegal immigration reduces the wage of native workers by an estimated $99 to $118 billion a year, and generates a gain for businesses and other users of immigrants of $107 to $128 billion.
Economists have long known that immigration redistributes income in the receiving society. Although immigration makes the aggregate economy larger, the actual net benefit accruing to natives is small, equal to an estimated two-tenths of 1 percent of GDP. There is little evidence indicating that immigration (legal and/or illegal) creates large net gains for native-born Americans.

Even though the overall net impact on natives is small, this does not mean that the wage losses suffered by some natives or the income gains accruing to other natives are not substantial. Some groups of workers face a great deal of competition from immigrants. These workers are primarily, but by no means exclusively, at the bottom end of the skill distribution, doing low wage jobs that require modest levels of education. Such workers make up a significant share of the nation’s working poor. The biggest winners from immigration are owners of businesses that employ a lot of immigrant labor and other users of immigrant labor. The other big winners are the immigrants themselves. Illegal immigration continues to vex the public and policymakers.

Illegal immigrants have clearly benefited by living and working in the United States. Many business owners and users of immigrant labor have also benefited by having access to their labor. But some native-born Americans have also lost, and these losers likely include a disproportionate number of the poorest Americans.
Source 1 - CIS
Source 2 - MPI​

It may be politically inauspicious to tell the whole story of both costs and benefits of illegal immigration, but that one tells only half of it -- the negative half -- does not make the other side of the story fail to exist for responsible voters and policy makers who want to be fully informed before arriving at conclusion. Now you can have fun parsing the matter any way you want, but there is no way the numbers make a net increase to GDP become a cost; it is a gain.

Note:
The sources for the economic points of the post above come from the two opposing "think tanks" on the matter of illegal immigration. They both say the same thing: illegal immigration yields a small net gain to the U.S. economy.

Thanks for the info.

Although immigration makes the aggregate economy larger, the actual net benefit accruing to natives is small, equal to an estimated two-tenths of 1 percent of GDP

And in Chicago, that 0.2% of GDP benefit is offset by the $11,000 a year, on average, we spend in the schools for every illegal alien student. Not to mention the cost of charging and incarcerating illegal alien criminals. And the stress and expense imposed on our healthcare system by treating, for free, illegal aliens at our already underfunded hospitals.

I'm willing to forgo the 0.2% benefit...........

Trump logic: Spend 50 billion on a wall that can be defeated with a big ladder and some rope. Cut Coast Guard budget because no smuggling ever happens on the two huge coasts the US has.

A serious wall would not be that easy to defeat.
Define a "serious" wall.

Structure

Route 443 near Giv'at Ze'ev Junction, with pyramid-shaped stacks of barbed wire forming a section of the Israeli West Bank barrier
About 90-95% of the barrier will be constructed as a "multi-layered fence system"[24] with the IDF's preferred design having three fences, pyramid-shaped stacks of barbed wire on the two outer fences, a lighter-weight fence with intrusion detection equipment in the middle, an anti-vehicle ditch, patrol roads on both sides, and a smooth strip of sand for "intrusion tracking".[25]

The barrier contains an on-average 60-metre (200 ft) wide exclusion area.[26] The width of some sections is larger (up to 100 metres (330 ft)) due to topographic conditions.[27] The width of some sections (about 6% of the barrier) is 3 metres (9.8 ft) where the barrier is constructed as a concrete wall up to 8 metres (26 ft) high. These sections are narrower, require less land, and provide more protection against snipers. Wall construction is more common in urban settings, e.g., Qalqilyah and Jerusalem, and in areas where people have been killed by snipers, e.g., the Trans-Israel Highway.[28]

Israeli West Bank barrier - Wikipedia

Fortuantely we are not paying for it either, since congress isn't gonna authorize it. LOL

Morons abound in this thread...

Congress ALREADY authorised the initial funding for it over ten years ago.

Second, mexico IS going to pay for the wall via the reduced remittances flowing there due to the reduction in their illegals in the US, along with the increase in salaries and economic productivity/economic growth obtained by hiring americans.

Or are you anti-Trump assholes against hiring americans for jobs in the US?

You are missing something dude.... using the power of imminent domain against a citizen is always cruel. How would you feel if the government will seized your land? That is the equivalent of stealing. I'm sure Adolf Trump will be very confiscating lands.
There are lots of smith and joneses that own private lands along Texas borders.

What you missed is the use of imminent domain is legal and stealing is not. There are a lot of folks along the Texas border that would be glad to have a wall to keep people from using their land to come to this country illegally. I can understand why an Hispanic would not have a problem with their countrymen coming across their land. Can you?

Of course you don't. You're just the type of low information voter that the GOP depends on

And you're the low IQ voter the national democratic party and corporate wing of the republican depends on, and has for 5 decades. They thank you as they pat you on the head while gobbling up voters and massive profits you are subsidizing - but are too stupid to realize how you are doing their bidding.

Link to info that led you to come to that conclusion-?

A wall will pay for itself within 3 years. Anything after that is a net profit.

If it slows down illegal immigration human trafficking and the flow of drugs entering the U. S. I'm fine with that.

It won't.

The US had the chance to stop human trafficking and the RWNJs refused to help.

The drugs will continue to come. Its just silly to think a wall will change that.

It is silly to think the wall wouldn't slow down the trafficking of drugs, and I would like a link to substantiate your first assertion.

You can go over, under and around it.

TooTall said that a real American would donate their land.

Its really easy for these jerks to volunteer other people's hard fought for homes but you'll never see one them donating their own.

TooTall Why don't you start a GoFundMe page and donate a few thousand to start? You know - put your own money where your mouth is.

The loss 1.2 acres from a 16 acre plot that grazes a few cows does not present a hardship to anyone. With the proceeds they could buy another cow. You need to wise up instead of wising off.

Trump logic: Spend 50 billion on a wall that can be defeated with a big ladder and some rope. Cut Coast Guard budget because no smuggling ever happens on the two huge coasts the US has.

A serious wall would not be that easy to defeat.
Define a "serious" wall.

Structure

Route 443 near Giv'at Ze'ev Junction, with pyramid-shaped stacks of barbed wire forming a section of the Israeli West Bank barrier
About 90-95% of the barrier will be constructed as a "multi-layered fence system"[24] with the IDF's preferred design having three fences, pyramid-shaped stacks of barbed wire on the two outer fences, a lighter-weight fence with intrusion detection equipment in the middle, an anti-vehicle ditch, patrol roads on both sides, and a smooth strip of sand for "intrusion tracking".[25]

The barrier contains an on-average 60-metre (200 ft) wide exclusion area.[26] The width of some sections is larger (up to 100 metres (330 ft)) due to topographic conditions.[27] The width of some sections (about 6% of the barrier) is 3 metres (9.8 ft) where the barrier is constructed as a concrete wall up to 8 metres (26 ft) high. These sections are narrower, require less land, and provide more protection against snipers. Wall construction is more common in urban settings, e.g., Qalqilyah and Jerusalem, and in areas where people have been killed by snipers, e.g., the Trans-Israel Highway.[28]

Israeli West Bank barrier - Wikipedia
Not bad. What's the cost on that?

Budget cuts and smaller government coming. Get you Kleenex out so you can cry over all those poor children that will be hurt.
But no decrease in our deficits or national debt

I didn't hear anything from you LWNJ's about deficits or the national debt for the last 8 years.

Of course you don't. You're just the type of low information voter that the GOP depends on

And you're the low IQ voter the national democratic party and corporate wing of the republican depends on, and has for 5 decades. They thank you as they pat you on the head while gobbling up voters and massive profits you are subsidizing - but are too stupid to realize how you are doing their bidding.
Cool story bro

Forum List

Back