🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

It's sral's Move...

The Palestinians are the Pawns in this game of Chess...A game of Chess On a burnished throne of goldI shall rule the knight!

The palestinians voted for a "terrorist group" to be their gov't. Checkmate ?

They are not a terrorist group in Palestine and they were elected in Palestine.

i can't wrap my head around this statement. of course, it's somewhat (ok, very) troubling. I feel better though. even though i don't understand what you said/mean, you still came across crystal clear. thanks.

Israel can never hope to Checkmate 400 hundred million angry Arabs. A try on a real peace and Israel's participation in the areas Economic revival is the real source of acceptance in this neighborhood.
I wonder if Phillip would ever make the statement that these 400 millions Arabs should stop worrying about the Jews having such a small piece of land in the Middle East and concentrate on making life better for their fellow Arabs as well as finally being able to show tolerance to the minorities who reside in their own countries.
Why not give them "by god west virgini? Its landlocked and hilly just like ancient Israel.

Israel negotiator welcomes Arab peace plan

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's chief peace negotiator is welcoming the Arab League's decision to sweeten a decade-old initiative offering comprehensive peace with Israel.

The Arab League's original 2002 peace initiative offered regionwide peace with Israel in exchange for a withdrawal from all territories captured in the 1967 Mideast War to make way for an independent Palestinian state.

Under Monday's decision, announced in Washington at talks with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, the Arabs said they would accept small modifications to the 1967 lines, as long as they are agreed upon in talks with the Palestinians.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who opposes a pullback to the 1967 lines, had no immediate comment.

But his chief negotiator, Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, on Tuesday called the Arab gesture "good news that should be welcomed."

Israel can never hope to Checkmate 400 hundred million angry Arabs. A try on a real peace and Israel's participation in the areas Economic revival is the real source of acceptance in this neighborhood.
I wonder if Phillip would ever make the statement that these 400 millions Arabs should stop worrying about the Jews having such a small piece of land in the Middle East and concentrate on making life better for their fellow Arabs as well as finally being able to show tolerance to the minorities who reside in their own countries.
It is your hate for Arab Culture that greases the drumbeat of war while spewing hate in the comfort of your West Virgini outhouse...The Jews want a Jewish State which fits in with this god-forsaken land amongst Islamist States...Both Anachronisms in Human History.

However I want peace so Americans no longer fund and fight this quagmire!

"Israel negotiator welcomes Arab peace plan - JERUSALEM (AP) —Israel's chief peace negotiator is welcoming the Arab League's decision to sweeten a decade-old initiative offering comprehensive peace with Israel.

The Arab League's original 2002 peace initiative offered regionwide peace with Israel in exchange for a withdrawal from all territories captured in the 1967 Mideast War to make way for an independent Palestinian state.

Under Monday's decision, announced in Washington at talks with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, the Arabs said they would accept small modifications to the 1967 lines, as long as they are agreed upon in talks with the Palestinians.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who opposes a pullback to the 1967 lines, had no immediate comment.

But his chief negotiator, Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, on Tuesday called the Arab gesture "good news that should be welcomed."

"The Arab League declared it will allow small shifts in Israel's 1967 border as part of its Mideast peace plan"

"the Arabs said they would accept small modifications to the 1967 lines, as long as they are agreed upon in talks with the Palestinians"

great. the arab league declared...Now...

...i'd like to see a meeting between...the real gov't officials & 'executives' ..lets get that on tape, so it feels like the issue is getting somewhere.

Hamass....they need to do something about their one-word, terrorist name....

"Israel negotiator welcomes Arab peace plan - JERUSALEM (AP) —Israel's chief peace negotiator is welcoming the Arab League's decision to sweeten a decade-old initiative offering comprehensive peace with Israel.

"The Arab League declared it will allow small shifts in Israel's 1967 border as part of its Mideast peace plan"

"the Arabs said they would accept small modifications to the 1967 lines, as long as they are agreed upon in talks with the Palestinians"

...i'd like to see a meeting between...the real gov't officials & 'executives' ..lets get that on tape, so it feels like the issue is getting somewhere.

How about 'The Hamass' ???? ;)

I think they will share Jerusalem as a dual Capital, that is the ONLY real issue...Hamas should not even be involved, Israel should arm the new State with a standing army strong enough to bring Gaza into the peace complience...Land swaps make sense.

I think they will share Jerusalem as a dual Capital, that is the ONLY real issue...Hamas should not even be involved, Israel should arm the new State with a standing army strong enough to bring Gaza into the peace complience...Land swaps make sense.

Sharing Jerusalem was part of the Olmert peace plan in 2008.

Yep. And that sure flopped. Live & learn.

Please provide the text and link by Israel sharing Jerusalem as a Dual Capital. Then I will gladly respond.

AOL Search.

05:08 PM ET

Close

Highlights
– Ehud Olmert says extreme right-wing elements in the United States helped derail his peace plan
– They poured millions of dollars into efforts to topple him from office, he says
– Olmert, who quit as prime minister amid corruption allegations, does not name the right-wing figures
– His 2008 peace plan proposed a two-state solution based on the 1967 borders

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) - Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has said millions of dollars from the "extreme right wing" in the United States helped oust him from government and derailed a peace plan with the Palestinians.

In an exclusive interview aired Friday with CNN's Christiane Amanpour, Olmert said his attempts to make peace had been "a killer" for him as prime minister.

In 2008, Olmert sought a "full comprehensive peace between us and the Palestinians" - a two-state solution based on the 1967 borders. But the plan was never realized and Olmert was forced from office accused of corruption, which he denies.

"It was a killer for me, not only because of the opposition in Israel. I think that, by the way, in Israel, the majority of the Israelis would have supported my plan, had it come for elections," Olmert said.

Olmert: Right-wing U.S. cash killed my peace plan ? Amanpour - CNN.com Blogs

Tweet

PA president says talks would have yielded agreement had Olmert remained PM, accuses Netanyahu of "destroying 2-state solution."
PA President Mahmoud Abbas at the UN
PA President Mahmoud Abbas at the UN Photo: Scott Eells/Bloomberg

Had the 2008 peace talks between then-prime minister Ehud Olmert and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas continued, they would have succeeded, Abbas said on Sunday.

Abbas made the statement in a meeting with Kadima MKs, Labor Knesset candidates and Likud activists who support the Geneva Initiative at his headquarters in Ramallah. The MKs saw Abbas’s statement as an endorsement of a possible Olmert comeback.

AOL Search.

Close

Highlights
– Ehud Olmert says extreme right-wing elements in the United States helped derail his peace plan
– They poured millions of dollars into efforts to topple him from office, he says
– Olmert, who quit as prime minister amid corruption allegations, does not name the right-wing figures

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) - Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has said millions of dollars from the "extreme right wing" in the United States helped oust him from government and derailed a peace plan with the Palestinians.

In an exclusive interview aired Friday with CNN's Christiane Amanpour, Olmert said his attempts to make peace had been "a killer" for him as prime minister.

In 2008, Olmert sought a "full comprehensive peace between us and the Palestinians" - a two-state solution based on the 1967 borders. But the plan was never realized and Olmert was forced from office accused of corruption, which he denies.

"It was a killer for me, not only because of the opposition in Israel. I think that, by the way, in Israel, the majority of the Israelis would have supported my plan, had it come for elections," Olmert said.
Let me get this straight. The US derailed peace plans but the US is on Palestine's side and not Israel's. Got it! I think. Maybe Member could sort it out. Or Mr Seal College.

AOL Search.

Close

Highlights

By the CNN Wire Staff

Let me get this straight. The US derailed peace plans but the US is on Palestine's side and not Israel's. Got it! I think. Maybe Member could sort it out. Or Mr Seal College.
A Right Wing fanatic could never get it straight...they put their beliefs in front of their people...

...But Olmert acknowledged that such leadership comes at a price. "I paid personally, dearly. But there was no option for me but to do what I did. And I know for sure, and I know the names, of the people that spent millions of dollars in order to stop me - from the United States."

Please provide the text and link by Israel sharing Jerusalem as a Dual Capital. Then I will gladly respond.

Ehud Olmert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

During the talks, Olmert agreed that Israel would share Jerusalem as the joint capital of Israel and a Palestinian state and hand over its holy sites to a multinational committee, land swaps that would allow Israel to keep its major settlement blocs in the West Bank, the construction of a tunnel connecting the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, and a demilitarized Palestinian state with an American-led international security force stationed on the Palestinian–Jordanian border. Both sides disagreed over how much land would be exchanged in the swaps, with Olmert demanding at least 5.9% of the West Bank and Abbas offering 1.9%. According to the "Palestine Papers," Israel and the Palestinians agreed that Israel would accept 10,000 refugees

During the talks, Olmert agreed that Israel would share Jerusalem as the joint capital of Israel and a Palestinian state and hand over its holy sites to a multinational committee, land swaps that would allow Israel to keep its major settlement blocs in the West Bank, the construction of a tunnel connecting the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, and a demilitarized Palestinian state with an American-led international security force stationed on the Palestinian–Jordanian border. Both sides disagreed over how much land would be exchanged in the swaps, with Olmert demanding at least 5.9% of the West Bank and Abbas offering 1.9%. According to the "Palestine Papers," Israel and the Palestinians agreed that Israel would accept 10,000 refugees
Maybe I'm tired or just cant find your source for your bold type statement. Is that a quote or a paraprhase of your opinion on the 2008 peace plan? Taking your word on it, clearly in my previous posts Olmert blames Right Wing Americans for derailing the peace plan which would have been acepted by Abbas, though in your previous post you greatly implied by the tone of your post that the opposite was true.

Last edited:

Maybe I'm tired or just cant find your source for your bold type statement. Is that a quote or a paraprhase of your opinion on the 2008 peace plan? Taking your word on it, clearly in my previous posts Olmert blames Right Wing Americans for derailing the peace plan which would have been acepted by Abbas, though in your previous post you greatly implied by the tone of your post that the opposite was true.

Yes, the bolded is a quote from the article. I don't understand what you're trying to say at the end of your post ????

Forum List

Back