It's Time To Hate White People Month Again

and that some transplants are discouraged interracially.
It is just too bad that doctors ignored medical teaching and put someone's ass in your head.

Why are you afraid of being a racist? You should be proud of yourself.

Ignorance doesn't give you any special privileges to be insulting and stupid.

Bone Marrow Transplants: Finding the Facts – Rafu Shimpo

Finding a donor with the same human leukocyte antigen (HLA) typing identified by the microcytotoxicity test, a tissue-typing test developed by Dr. Paul Terasaki, a noted scientist in the medical field and a UCLA professor emeritus. This is the first step for a patient seeking a marrow transplant.

Dr. Yutaka Niihara, a clinical professor of medicine at UCLA who specializes in internal medicine, hematology, and oncology, says HLA typing is determined by a combination of HLA genes inherited from each parent. This results in four possible combinations per pair of parents. Each child of the same parents randomly receives one of the four combinations. Therefore, there is a 25 percent chance of finding a match among siblings. Aside from siblings, matched donors may be found through the National Marrow Donor Program, that manages the Be the Match Registry.

Because tissue types are inherited, patients are most likely to match the tissue type of someone who shares their racial or ethnic heritage.

“The odds of finding a match among unrelated Japanese registered volunteers for Japanese patients are 90 percent, which is very high compared to other ethnicities,” Dr. Niihara explained, “because Japanese people have relatively similar genetic makeup, resulting in similar HLA typing patterns.”

On the other hand, an ethnic group with a relatively diverse genetic makeup—African Americans—has a less than 5 percent chance of finding a match within a donor group.

Likewise, the odds are very slim for those who are hapa or mixed race. By having multiple ethnic backgrounds, HLA typing patterns become more complicated and difficult to find a donor who shares the exact same ethnic background.

Some HLA antigens are found almost exclusively in specific ethnic groups.
Due to this HLA antigen restriction, many minority patients can only find
matches within their own ethnic group.

Unfortunately, since minority donor enrollment is low, many minority
patients cannot find a match. Therefore, there is a special need for
minorities to sign up as potential bone marrow donors.

"Since HLA types are inherited, patients are more likely to find a matched
donor from within their own racial/ethnic group," notes Chatchada Karanes
MD, Medical Director of the National Marrow Donor Program's Search and
Transplant Services Department. "

There's a special need for bone marrow donors of diverse ethnic
backgrounds.
Rod Carew's daughter, Michelle, was suffering from
non-lymphocytic leukemia and in need of a bone marrow transplant about four
years ago. Michelle had a unique racial heritage. Her father is of West
Indian and Panamanian background, while her mother is a Caucasian with a
Russian-Jewish ancestry. Because bone marrow typing runs along ethnic
lines, Michelle's chances of finding a donor were decreased by her unusual
heritage. According to the National Marrow Donor Program, "Some
characteristics of marrow type are unique to people of specific ancestry."

And while it is possible for matches to be made across ethnic lines, a
person is more likely to find a match from another person of similar racial
make-up. This puts people of mixed racial heritage who are in need of a
bone marrow transplant in an often difficult position to find a suitable
donor.

Medical officials say there is a great need for kidney, heart, lung, liver,
pancreas and small bowel donations from minorities. Tissue from minority
donors has the best chance of being accepted by a minority recipient's body.

"Minority patients need minority donors," said Deborah Rodriguez, public
education coordinator for Life Quest Organ Recovery Services and herself a
Hispanic kidney recipient.

With some organs like kidneys, matching the ethnicity of donor and recipient
is particularly important, said Patti McHale, procurement coordinator for
Mayo Transplant Services.

Last edited:
How's that invisible security blanket of white supremacy holding up, 30 x 90?

linus-peanuts.gif

Fear not white supremacists...

Once blacks and Hispanics become the predominant culture in this country we will dedicate a month to remember all that the white culture contributed

Seems like a fair deal

linus-peanuts.gif
..geez.. you're STILL obsessing and fantasizing about me.

..your comment doesn't even make sense and it adds nothing constructive to the debate...which is pretty much your standard procedure...Make a drive by insult and run away...Deleted/edited[/COLOR]
Discussing private messages, breaks the rules of this board...please refrain from doing such...ty...Care4all

Care to address the topic?..Got anything of substance to add? or are you just passing through again?

Once blacks and Hispanics become the predominant culture in this country we will dedicate a month to remember all that the white culture contributed

Seems like a fair deal

LMAO...even more fantasizing.

At least your little friend Ravi attempts to address the topic...

EDIT: Actually you're quite amusing and predictable...Every time I present a fact that you can't refute, you change the subject and run away.

Last edited:

Seems like a fair deal

EDIT: Actually you're quite amusing and predictable...Every time I present a fact that you can't refute, you change the subject and run away.

It is time you face reality. With black men stealing your white women and mix breeding and Hispanics breeding the hell out of you.....your days are numbered

But look at the bright side.....once whites are a minority, you can get your white history month

It is only fair after all

Seems like a fair deal

It is time you face reality. With black men stealing your white women and mix breeding and Hispanics breeding the hell out of you.....your days are numbered

But look at the bright side.....once whites are a minority, you can get your white history month

Yes, yes..sure..whatever.....you already said that.

Apparently you're so desperate to avoid addressing the facts you've become unhinged and are repeating yourself...

Apparently you're so desperate to avoid addressing the facts you've become unhinged and are repeating yourself...

But fear not my dear friend.....we have put laws in place to keep them from discriminating against you

Wasn't the civil rights movement great?

linus-peanuts.gif
..geez.. you're STILL obsessing and fantasizing about me.

..your comment doesn't even make sense and it adds nothing constructive to the debate...which is pretty much your standard procedure...Make a drive by insult and run away...

I AM impressed that you have addressed me without cursing and name calling this time, however.. Maturity is a fine thing.

I also appreciate that you have stopped sending me private messages cursing and calling me names...that is SO juvenile. Don't you think?

Care to address the topic?..Got anything of substance to add? or are you just passing through again?

Yanno, not that I give a flying fuck, but the Mods can and do sometimes discipline a USMBer who runs his mouth about PMs, especially if he is l-y-i-n-g.

The only PM you have from me is a neg rep comment(s). And that seems likely to remain the case forever.

Last edited:

But fear not my dear friend.....we have put laws in place to keep them from discriminating against you

"We" ?

OHHHH. I get it now..You're a negro! I should have recognized the signs...My error..

Well, that explains a whole LOT! I understand now...You're doing the best you can.

"We" ?

OHHHH. I get it now..You're a negro! I should have recognized the signs...My error..

Well, that explains a whole LOT! I understand now...You're doing the best you can.

Posts like this ------^ expose your racism.

We're all black, 30 x 90. Me, rightwinger, Ravi....everyone on this thread but you and Tank.

USMB stands for United Sexy Men who are Black, so naturally, it attracts the ladies like me.

Didn't you know?

"We" ?

Sorry....but not many blacks were able to vote for civil rights legislation.....now it will be there to protect you when you need it

We're all black, 30 x 90. Me, rightwinger, Ravi....everyone on this thread but you and Tank.

USMB stands for United Sexy Men who are Black, so naturally, it attracts the ladies like me.

Didn't you know?

No I didn't know...Funny, though..your negro friend rightwinger has already said he and other negro males prefer white women...but you already know that from real life experience, right?

"We" ?

Sorry....but not many blacks were able to vote for civil rights legislation.....now it will be there to protect you when you need it

We won't need the government to "protect" us.

We rely on a more "sure fire" method..so to speak.:eusa_shhh:

Didn't you know?

No I didn't know...Funny, though..your negro friend rightwinger has already said he and other negro males prefer white women...but you already know that from real life experience, right?

How would I? I am black, and they all chase me.

Wanna see what I look like?

oprah-winfrey.jpg

"We" ?

Posts like this ------^ expose your racism.

rightwinger said:

but you see nothing racist in that one?

LMAO..and now I find YOU sending me private messages and cursing and calling me names via "neg" rep...I guess you're a negro, too?

Instead of name calling and getting all emotional and straying off topic to insult me..why don't you address any of the facts I presented in this thread..
Just pick ANY one of them and let's see all you negroes actually refute them if you can..Go on..prove me wrong. Demonstrate your "superior" intelligence...

..or if you can't handle it you can all keep "neg rep" me instead...LMAO...

:blsmile:

Forum List

Back