Jack Smith could be indicted for Fraud for Omitting Trump’s "Peaceful" Statement

Lock him up.

President Obama's Final Thought: "We Have To Fight For It"​

Didn't Obama refer to the right as "the enemy"? Yes, yes he did.

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies, and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us' -- if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election -- then I think it's going to be harder. And that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd."

Didn't Obama refer to the right as "the enemy"? Yes, yes he did.

"If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, 'We're gonna punish our enemies, and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us' -- if they don't see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election -- then I think it's going to be harder. And that's why I think it's so important that people focus on voting on November 2nd."

LOCK HIM UP!!! :mm:

His hot defense lawyer can introduce it at trial and point to it as evidence if she likes. There is nothing preventing her from doing that. And Smith won't object.
However, that also means that what he said both before and after this little CYA sentence is also fair game. And the fact that he didn't get issue a statement calling for everyone to leave..until four hours after the assault had begun.

Whoops.
when did democrat leaders stand up and tell cops to stand down during the riots of 2020 ?

There is more than enough evidence to have this case thrown out of court even at this early point.

But Trump is using it to his advantage for campaign purposes! It's fucking brilliant!

All the media will be doing is talking TRUMP! Nothing else! Every station...at all times of the day and night.

Trump will play the victim...and CNN will turn him into a martyr.

And the best part is...it'll barely cost Trump a dime :laughing0301:

There is more than enough evidence to have this case thrown out of court even at this early point.

But Trump is using it to his advantage for campaign purposes! It's fucking brilliant!

All the media will be doing is talking TRUMP! Nothing else! Every station...at all times of the day and night.

Trump will play the victim...and CNN will turn him into a martyr.

And the best part is...it'll barely cost Trump a dime :laughing0301:
His lawyer can certainly make that motion when the first day of trial starts. I suspect the judge will shut his lawyer down though. He's been charged and arraigned. He's plea not guilty. The judge has already seen the arguments underpinning the charges. If there were any hint that these charges were bogus, the judge would have already dismissed them.

Sorry, the free, fawning, 24X7 coverage that Trump enjoyed in 2015 and 2016..won't serve him this time around.
Whistle past that graveyard louder. :)

The indictment charges Trump with four counts, including “conspiracy to defraud the United States.” But in a portion recounting Trump’s speech at the “Stop the Steal” rally, Smith repeats the errors made by House Democrats in Trump’s second impeachment trial: he focuses on Trump’s use of the phrase “fight like hell,” and omits a sentence highlighted by Trump’s defense team: “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”

Dershowitz told the Megyn Kelly Show podcast on Friday that by his own standard, Smith could be charged with fraud, because of his omission of Trump’s “peaceful” rhetoric.

“Under the indictment itself, Jack Smith could be himself indicted. He told a direct lie in this indictment. He purported to describe the speech that President Trump made on January 6th. And he left out the key words, when President Trump said, ‘I want you to demonstrate peacefully and patriotically. You know, a lie by omission, under the law, can be as serious as a lie by commission.”

The fact that Smith repeated the error of the House impeachment managers would appear deliberate, because these phrases were the crux of Trump’s Senate trial. Trump’s lawyers even played footage of Democrats using similar “fight” rhetoric, to show its common usage.

Even for a DemonRat, Smith is super-scummy.

Utterly & truly deplorable.

Now a threat meant to silence ME!

Not gonna happen me bucko! Not even if supreme court justice and great zooloo warrior KATANJI orders me to :D
That poster’s a useless troll; ignore suggested.

But yeah, Smith is complete Nazi scum.

The Democrats are all they pretend to hate and fear.

You need evidence to justify an investigation. Otherwise it is phishing.

I'm gonna save that one! :D

Anything you post can and will be used against your dumb ass in a court of public opinion! :laughing0301:

The indictment charges Trump with four counts, including “conspiracy to defraud the United States.” But in a portion recounting Trump’s speech at the “Stop the Steal” rally, Smith repeats the errors made by House Democrats in Trump’s second impeachment trial: he focuses on Trump’s use of the phrase “fight like hell,” and omits a sentence highlighted by Trump’s defense team: “I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”

Dershowitz told the Megyn Kelly Show podcast on Friday that by his own standard, Smith could be charged with fraud, because of his omission of Trump’s “peaceful” rhetoric.

“Under the indictment itself, Jack Smith could be himself indicted. He told a direct lie in this indictment. He purported to describe the speech that President Trump made on January 6th. And he left out the key words, when President Trump said, ‘I want you to demonstrate peacefully and patriotically. You know, a lie by omission, under the law, can be as serious as a lie by commission.”

The fact that Smith repeated the error of the House impeachment managers would appear deliberate, because these phrases were the crux of Trump’s Senate trial. Trump’s lawyers even played footage of Democrats using similar “fight” rhetoric, to show its common usage.

Huh? If so then lawyers would be getting done for "fraud" daily.

Forum List

Back