Jeb Bush: I would have invaded Iraq

The Hildabeast and John Kerry also supported the invasion of Iraq.

Moon Bats, when voicing their opposition to the war, conveniently forget to mention that.

They also forget to mention that Obama fought the war in Iraq for three years and then called it a success. Just like he called Afghanistan "The Good War".

If Jeb says otherwise, he condemns his brother's actions.

If George were my brother, I would support him publicly, while berating him in private for his poor judgment or his weakness in allowing others to steer him into a war with a phony-baloney casus belli.

Personally, my priorities are (1) God, (2) Family, (3) Country, (4) Friends, then (5) Everybody Else, in that order.

I suspect that a great many other folks have similar priorities, on both sides of the political aisle.

If it came down to destroying my brother or destroying my country, I would like to think that I would embrace the brother and then save the country, and then weep afterwards...

Meaning that I would sacrifice a family member for the good of my country when the lives of 1 versus 330,000,000 were at-issue, but, for anything short of a mortal danger to each, requiring such a decision, I would generally tend to side with the brother, in all things of a lesser nature.

As would most of us, I dare say.

Afghanistan was a Righteous War (if there can ever be said that such a thing exists), but we should have been in-and-out of there in six months. We should have slaughtered OBL and his minions in Tora Bora and in the mountain passes leading into Pakistan, and then walked away; leaving them to massacre each other in their shit-hole country; something of a national pastime that they've been enjoying there for thousands of years.

Iraq was not a Righteous War - the casus bellli was a grotesque and obvious fabrication - and, even if we did go in without just cause, we should have been in-and-out of there in six months as well. We should have butchered Saddam and his Neanderthal male spawn-miscreants - leaving them, too, to slaughter each other as we walked away; another shit-hole where slaughtering each other has been a regional pastime for thousands of years.

But, other than the fact that I want Shrub and his Handlers to face hard scrutiny and censure from the American People themselves, for foolishly making war in Iraq when none was necessary...

I cannot and will not fault a brother, for refusing to betray one of his own.

Nobody with even half a brain ever really expected him to, by the way.

Had he betrayed his brother, then he TRULY would NOT have deserved his shot at the title... anyone who would throw a brother under the bus is not to be trusted.

Standing by his brother (in the face of popular sentiment against that brother and his handling of the Iraq War) demonstrates considerable personal courage, and dedication to family, in the face of an impossibly difficult range of circumstances and sentiments.

It is doubly pleasing when such a resolute standing alongside a brother is done in such a way that it does not betray the country aligned in opposition to the brother's actions, nor does it betray the memory of the sacrifice made by the men and women who fought that misguided war.

Ol' Jeb may or may not be a good choice for President - hell, I haven't really even looked at him closely yet - but he passes the Personal Courage and Dedication to Family tests.

Thanks for highlighting that intriguing and tastefully-done demonstration of family solidarity.

You've made me want to take a closer and more favorable look at him now.

Well done.

Last edited:

Moon Bats, when voicing their opposition to the war, conveniently forget to mention that.

They also forget to mention that Obama fought the war in Iraq for three years and then called it a success. Just like he called Afghanistan "The Good War".

lol, blaming Obama for Iraq.

Classic.

• Banned
"Former governor Jeb Bush said Hillary Clinton would have approved the mission, too."

I won't vote for Jeb in the primaries, and I am hoping we have someone else to oppose HRC.

Jeb Bush I would have invaded Iraq US news The Guardian

"I am hoping we have someone else to oppose HRC." Sounds like you're a Democrat
Sounds as if you don't think well. "We" refers to supporting our GOP candidate against HRC. You would vote for Cruz and disaster.

"Former governor Jeb Bush said Hillary Clinton would have approved the mission, too."

I won't vote for Jeb in the primaries, and I am hoping we have someone else to oppose HRC.

But you voted for Obama and he took us back into Iraq after Bush had to end that war... You even support Hillary who voted for the war... You even liked Mitt who supported the Iraq invasion as well...

Given the available evidence, George Bush is the only person who would have invaded Iraq
Incorrect, Obama took us back into Iraq after Bush ended the war, the same war Obama lied about saying he would end day one if elected President.

So we know for 100% fact that Obama lied about ending the Iraq war and that he re-booted that war.

I wonder who Hebby would declare war on if he were elected.

Peru seems a likely choice for him. Or maybe Tibet.

:woohoo:

Of course he would have - hasn't he retained some of his brother's advisors?

Well, at least he admits it.

Yes, and he has also said he goes to W for advice now.

If he were elected, it would be W 2.0.

:uhoh3:

The difference is, although Hillary voed to go to war, she would deny that she would have gone to war.

Jeb is In a peculiar situation. He must on some level defend his brother, otherwise he could lie as well.

lol, blaming Obama for Iraq.

Classic.

Are we in Iraq today?

I wonder who Hebby would declare war on if he were elected.

Peru seems a likely choice for him. Or maybe Tibet.

:woohoo:

Of course he would have - hasn't he retained some of his brother's advisors?

Well, at least he admits it.

Yes, and he has also said he goes to W for advice now.

If he were elected, it would be W 2.0.

:uhoh3:

Well we know Obama would go to war with... Iraq =)

I in no way support Jeb ~

I just think it's hillare-bear that you progressives come out of the wood works to attack Jeb for something he has not done but do your best to not to mention Obama took us back into Iraq, lied about ending Iraq and Hillary voted for Iraq....

Given the available evidence, George Bush is the only person who would have invaded Iraq

You wrote:
"Iraq was not a Righteous War - the casus bellli was a grotesque and obvious fabrication - and, even if we did go in without just cause, we should have been in-and-out of there in six months as well. We should have butchered Saddam and his Neanderthal male spawn-miscreants - leaving them, too, to slaughter each other as we walked away; another shit-hold where slaughtering each other has been a regional pastime for thousands of years."

Now you used the term "casus belli" Casus belli is a Latin expression meaning "An act or event that provokes or is used to justify war"
A) Was the 1991 Desert Storm a legitimate "Casus belli"??
B) If so, what was the 1991 Cease Fire? A pause in the 1991 Desert Storm that depended on Saddam abiding by the terms.
C) What was the "1998 Liberation of Iraq" Act signed into law by Clinton?
The 1998 Liberation of Iraq authorized by Congress' Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq " "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 is a United States Congressional statement of policy calling .
"It should be the policy of the United States to support efforts to remove the regime headed by Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq and to promote the emergence of a democratic government to replace that regime."
On December 16, 1998, President Bill Clinton mandated Operation Desert Fox, a major four-day bombing campaign on Iraqi targets.
In spite of that Saddam allowed In five years 576,000 children to starve BECAUSE SADDAM refused to certify WMD destruction!
Iraq Sanctions Kill Children U.N. Reports - NYTimes.com

So given these 32 democrat quotes regarding Saddam/Iraq WMDs..
"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998
"..most brutal dictators of Century", Biden,1998
"Iraq compliance with Resolution 687 becomes shell game"..Daschle 1998
"He will use those WMDs again,as he has ten times since 1983" ..Berger Clinton Ntl. Secur. Advr 1998
"posed by Iraq's refusal to end its WMD programs" Levin 1998
"Saddam has been engaged in development of WMDs which is a threat.."Pelosi 1998 WHERE'D SHE GET THIS INFORMATION BEFORE BUSH?
"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building WMDS.."Albright 1999
"Saddam to refine delivery systems, that will threaten the US..."Graham 2001
"Saddam has ignored the mandate of the UN and is building WMDs and the means to deliver.." Levin 2002
"Iraq's search for WMDs ...will continue as long as Saddam's in power"..Gore 2002
"Saddam retains stockpiles of WMDS.."Byrd 2002
"..give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because an arsenal of WMDs..threat our security"..Kerry 2002
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime .... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003.

Given all the above "causus belli "
a) consensus there were WMDs
b) Anthrax attacks one week after 9/11 and no one knew where they came from BUT we KNEW Saddam used Anthrax to murder his own people..
Iraq behind US anthrax outbreaks World news The Guardian
c) Breaking 1991 Cease Fire...
You still think it wasn't a righteous war?
Also.. you totally forgot to mention the following people and their contribution to the emboldenment of the terrorists to continue!

Senator Kerry (D) "American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
NOTE: You are not that naive to think the terrorists didn't find Kerry calling OUR TROOPS terrorists absolutely EMBOLDENING???

Remember Kerry EARLIER wanted Bush to: "Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ....
to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ....
"Kerry , JanS. 23. 2003

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D)"Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
NOTE: Do you not believe the terrorists LOVED to hear our troops were cold blooded killers???

Durbin (D) "must have been done by Nazis, Soviets"--action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.

then Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

You can't convince me that the TERRORISTS were emboldened and encouraged and recruited more terrorists!
After all you idiots that bring up Abu Ghraib as a prime motivator for terrorists recruitment... HOW MUCH more with idiots like the above making those
terrible disgusting statements calling our troops "civilian killers"... "terrorists"!

Incorrect, Obama took us back into Iraq after Bush ended the war, the same war Obama lied about saying he would end day one if elected President.

So we know for 100% fact that Obama lied about ending the Iraq war and that he re-booted that war.

Lets hear what Obama had to say about Bush's decision to invade Iraq ....from Oct 2002

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.
But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I just think it's hillare-bear that you progressives come out of the wood works to attack Jeb for something he has not done but do your best to not to mention Obama took us back into Iraq, lied about ending Iraq and Hillary voted for Iraq....

Ok, so if it's a wash on the Iraq issue between Hillary and Jeb, then the issue is off the table and people should decide based on the remaining issues.

However, the more establishment Republicans you put in power, the more the likelihood of further entanglements in the Middle East.

The Hildabeast spoke up in favor of the invasion. In 2004 John "Shithead" Kerry ran on a platform to continue the war, just like Bush. Obama fought the war for three years, calling it a success and nowadays have more troops and more bombing.

Without Democrat support Bush would never have secured funding for the invasion.

It is always comical to see the Moon Bats try to separate themselves from the Iraq War when most of them supported it. Typical Moon Bat hypocrisy.

Just like nowadays the Republicans try to claim they are not responsible for that disastrous Obamacare but the program would absolutely not be funded without Republicans voting for the appropriations.

But you voted for Obama and he took us back into Iraq after Bush had to end that war... You even support Hillary who voted for the war... You even liked Mitt who supported the Iraq invasion as well...
And you supported the Iraqi War from the beginning, whereas I have always wanted to stay out. So what point are you making? None.

Forum List

Back