Jesus' birthday is coming up, so.......................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Jesus' birthday is coming up soon, and everyone is going to be celebrating by giving gifts and eating way too much.

Now, I understand the festivities, but a question about the holiday. It's JESUS' birthday, not yours, so why is everyone giving everybody BUT Jesus a gift? When it's YOUR birthday, does everyone else in the house get a gift but you?

And...................what would be an appropriate gift for Him? Well, since He's the Prince of Peace, as well as the fact that He wants all of us to take care of each other, wouldn't a much better gift be grabbing some poor bum on the street, and taking them out to dinner with you? I've done it before, and sometimes it's one of the best times you could have.

I think that buying and sharing a meal with someone less fortunate would be a very appropriate gift. Much better than stressing about buying crap for someone you know, but also know they don't really need.

Thoughts?

Jesus' birthday is coming up soon, and everyone is going to be celebrating by giving gifts and eating way too much.

Now, I understand the festivities, but a question about the holiday. It's JESUS' birthday, not yours, so why is everyone giving everybody BUT Jesus a gift? When it's YOUR birthday, does everyone else in the house get a gift but you?

And...................what would be an appropriate gift for Him? Well, since He's the Prince of Peace, as well as the fact that He wants all of us to take care of each other, wouldn't a much better gift be grabbing some poor bum on the street, and taking them out to dinner with you? I've done it before, and sometimes it's one of the best times you could have.

I think that buying and sharing a meal with someone less fortunate would be a very appropriate gift. Much better than stressing about buying crap for someone you know, but also know they don't really need.

Thoughts?

birthday was months ago

upload_2015-12-3_20-8-18.png

I tried to make friends with some winos on a park bench once. I gave them all the change I had but then one of them asked for my wrist watch. Then when got home I found I had fleas.

Christmas is a cultural holiday for me, not a religious one

Thoughts?

My thoughts are he needs to present his birth certificate. I don't believe his birthday was the 25th December.

Thoughts?

You mean Baal's birthday.
When they compiled the Jesus image out of many they needed a new name and birthday in which they borrowed the harvet sun god's winter solstice devotion to the sun. Calling that CREATED image
the "prince of peace" is also fallacious as the Biblical reference was of King Ahaz's son King Hezekiah who was the prince of peace and fatherly figure for defeating Assyrian invasion which is what the context of Isaiah and history of the time period. Hezekiah had God with him in defeating Assyria, was the Sign for Ahaz when he was born of a YOUNG woman.
A sign does Ahaz no good 600 years after he's dead. Try Reading context instead of letting
outright liars deceive you making you deceive others in repeating those lies and errors willingly ignorant of history and the Bible from what it says as opposed to what they tell you it says.

Lastly sharing a meal is nice, but a blanket lasts longer or even teaching them how to eat everyday is better.

Thoughts?

Your confusion comes in confusing two entirely different holidays that have been merged into one.

Christmas was never about Jesus. It became about that when the early Catholic church wanted then-pagans brought into the church, and having then their own festival in December the church in its wisdom let them keep it, but made it about Jesus. All the same stuff like with decorating a tree and gift-giving, but now it's because of Jesus.

For the record, scholars say Jesus' actual birthday wasn't in December. As do most every Christian denomination googling it just now. :)

One would think such an important person's birth would be extremely well-documented, but it isn't.

Thoughts?

You mean Baal's birthday.
When they compiled the Jesus image out of many they needed a new name and birthday in which they borrowed the harvet sun god's winter solstice devotion to the sun. Calling that CREATED image
the "prince of peace" is also fallacious as the Biblical reference was of King Ahaz's son King Hezekiah who was the prince of peace and fatherly figure for defeating Assyrian invasion which is what the context of Isaiah and history of the time period. Hezekiah had God with him in defeating Assyria, was the Sign for Ahaz when he was born of a YOUNG woman.
A sign does Ahaz no good 600 years after he's dead. Try Reading context instead of letting
outright liars deceive you making you deceive others in repeating those lies and errors willingly ignorant of history and the Bible from what it says as opposed to what they tell you it says.

Lastly sharing a meal is nice, but a blanket lasts longer or even teaching them how to eat everyday is better.

More than a dozen god share the same birthday. According to the bible however, Jesus was born at sukkot, not december.

Which character are you calling Jesus and please give a source for your rediculous unsubstantiated statement.

Thoughts?
Most Christians try to do something nice for others whenever they can whether it's Jesus' birthday or not. They just don't brag about it.

Thoughts?

I don't know any less fortunate conservatives that aren't already being taken care of by their conservative families.

Thoughts?
Most Christians try to do something nice for others whenever they can whether it's Jesus' birthday or not. They just don't brag about it.

What about the post is bragging? I just came up with a thought and put it out to see how others felt about it.

And FWIW.............I understand that the Bible and the way Christians have merged many holidays into one is not exactly accurate, but the accepted norm is Dec 25th, and the talk is about Jesus and Santa Claus.

Thoughts?

Almost all Christians donate to Charities at Christmas time and help with serving the poor.
They do it all year round not just at Christmas time.

Thoughts?

What about the post is bragging? I just came up with a thought and put it out to see how others felt about it.

And FWIW.............I understand that the Bible and the way Christians have merged many holidays into one is not exactly accurate, but the accepted norm is Dec 25th, and the talk is about Jesus and Santa Claus.
Did I say the post was bragging? No. I said most Christians don't brag after they do something for others. Why so prickly on that point?

Im not the least bit religious but believe that jesus lived (read the jesus dynasy) and I do volunteer work year round because thats what good Americans do. Especially I find, the ones that cling to their guns and bibles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Thoughts?

Your confusion comes in confusing two entirely different holidays that have been merged into one.

Christmas was never about Jesus. It became about that when the early Catholic church wanted then-pagans brought into the church, and having then their own festival in December the church in its wisdom let them keep it, but made it about Jesus. All the same stuff like with decorating a tree and gift-giving, but now it's because of Jesus.

For the record, scholars say Jesus' actual birthday wasn't in December. As do most every Christian denomination googling it just now. :)

One would think such an important person's birth would be extremely well-documented, but it isn't.

It isn't as important about his exact birthday, but about him dying for everyone's sins.

Forum List

Back