Jewry

Then try Proverbs 15:1
Then try Proverbs 15:1

why not tell them to just read the whole book ...

shutterstock_1011227785-600x400.jpg

it's not like either side is any different than the other ... why not trying something new - tell them to burn their book and you burn your book and both of you start a new book ....
Because I’m not a religious fanatic nutjob like you.

may God have mercy on your soul.

sorry bing, anything is better than being a - creep. not to mention the christian thing ...
Thanks for proving my point, nutjob.

what's your point bing, having them read your book proves you have read it yourself.

why do you fail to answer the simple question posed to you before to prove your religion;

what are the sins you are unable to stop committing.

* what's going to stop you from committing them if you were to find yourself in the Everlasting, what's your point being here at all. christian.
The exact same points I always make with you.

1. You attack the faith of others to subordinate faith in God.

2. Religious nutjobs attack the faith of others.

3. you are a subversive.

Now do you understand my points?

Wow it seems to be a given that I should just accept the conclusion that the Catholic Church is responsible for antisemitism and the Holocaust without any supporting facts.

Catholic Church and Judaism - Wikipedia
My intent was not to dump on the Catholic church as being the only persecutor of Jews in Europe. In fact, Martin Luther split from the Catholic Church and was rabidly anti-Semitic.

But to ignore the role that the Catholic Church played in anti-Semitism is disingenuous, even though you bring up instances where those in the Catholic church have tried to curb anti-Semitism. For example:

1. In 325 AD the Council of Nicea decided to separate the celebration of Easter from the Jewish Passover saying, "For it is unbecoming beyond measure that on this holiest of festivals we should follow the customs of the Jews. Henceforth, let us have nothing in common with this odious people."

2. In 327 Christian Emperor Constantius created a law which made the marriage of a Jewish man to a Christian punishable by death.

3. In 367 St. Hilary of Poiteiers referred to Jews as a perverse people who God has cursed forever. Saint Ephroem referred to synagogues as brothels.

4. In 380 the Bishop of Milan was responsible for the burning of a synagogue, he referred to it as an act of pleasing God.

5. In 415 the Bishop of Alexandria, Saint Cyril, expelled the Jews form an entire city.

6. In 561 the Bishop of Uzes expelled the Jews from his diocese in France.

7. In 613 Jews were given the choice of converting to Christianity or being expelled entirely from Spain. Jewish children over 6 years of age were taken from their parents and raised as Christians.

8. In 855 Jews were exiled from Italy.

9. In 1096 Crusaders passed through Europe to the Holy Land and along the way challenged Jews yelling, "Christ killers, embrace the cross or die!". About 12,000 Jews were murdered. Then when they got to the Holy Land in 1099 they forced all the Jews they could find into a central synagogue and lit it on fire.

10. In 1121 Jews were expelled from Flanders, what is now Belgium.

11. In 1146 the Second Crusade begun as the French monk Rudolf called for the destruction of the Jews.

12. In 1180 French King Phillip Augustus expelled Jews from France, but not before seizing all their wealth and keeping it for himself.

13. In 1205 Pope Innocent 111 srote to the archbishops of Sens and Paris that "the Jews, by their own guilt, are consigned to perpetual servitude because they crucified the Lord."

14. In 1227 the Synod of Narbonne required Jews to wear an oval badge. This requirement was later reinstated by Hitler.

15. In 1229 the Spanish Inquisition starts to flush out Jews as Pope Innocent lV later authorizes the use of torture by Inquisitors.

16. In 1267 the Synod of Vienna ordered Jews to wear horned hats.

17. In 1290 Jews were expelled from England.

18. In 1298 Jews were persecuted in Austria, Bavaria, and France as about 100,000 Jews were murdered in a 6 month period.

19 .In 1394 Jews were exiled a second time from France.

20. In 1497 Jews were banished from Portugal.

21. In 1516 the Governor of Venice decided that Jews would be permitted to live in a ghetto area known as the "Ghetto Novo". This was the first Jewish ghetto in Europe.

22. In 1555 the Roman Catholic Papal bull, "Cum nimis absurdum", required Jews to wear badges, and live in ghettos. They were also not allowed to own property. Woman had to wear a yellow scarf, men had to wear a piece of yellow cloth on their hat to help identify them.

But as I read past the life of Martin Luther, a time when the Guttenberg press had given the average person the written word of God to read for themselves, these Catholic atrocities waned considerably. The state then moved in as the Catholic church waned in political power in Europe.

1. In 1648 Chmielnicki Bogdan led an uprising against the Polish rule in the Ukraine. The second goal was to kill Jews as about 100,000 Jews were slaughtered.

2. In 1905 the Okhrana, the Russian secret police, created a document called the "Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion", which is used to persecute Jews to this very day. This later incited violence against Jews in 1915 and 1917 in the region that cost about 300,000 Jewish lives.

Then Hitler finished if all off with the anti-Semitic climax of European oppression of the Jew.

Naturally, there is far more here than I listed and by no means a comprehensive list.

My whole interpretation of these facts is that the state is to blame, and since the Catholic church for a time took on the role of the state, they engaged in such behavior. Once the Catholic church became more of a religious institution in the 1940's than a political one, they secretly opposed the Holocaust. Notice though that I said secretly, because had they come out publicly against the Holocaust, they all would have wound up like Bonhoeffer with their precious treasures in the Vatican to be looted. They were not willing to give up their lives to make such a righteous stand nor willing to give up their treasures like the prophets and apostles and early church had willingly done before them.

And this sort of thing still goes on today in the Catholic church. They still have their little world city that engages in politics, albeit not to the same extent as it once did, thank God. The same reason that the Catholic church was afraid to speak out publicly against the Holocaust is the same reason a Left wing Pope get up their today to preach about the evils of building walls (Orange man bad don't ya know just like Hitler) instead of addressing the church identified Holocaust of abortion today. Much to their shame. They are more tuned into pleasing the Left wing world powers that seem to rule the world to help increase their own worldly influence in it than focusing on brining the kingdom of God to the world.

But am I condemning all Catholics? No, but to ignore these facts, such as the Pope ignoring the pedophile problem in the church and continuing to play politics, is why the church continues to wane in importance and influence spiritually in the world today.

IF God was willing to burn his temple in Jerusalem because of apostasy he certainly will have no qualms about doing the same to the Vatican.

Last edited:
And yet you are treating me like I did.

Commenting on your biased non based post while ignoring the Antisemitism of the Christian Church for over 2000 years?

Whoah! Is that Goyim hate I sense? Wow, that's a new one to me.

Cage match! OP and this guy!

the chosen one's vs reality?

always a hoot!

Judaism 101: Jewish Attitudes Toward Non-Jews
keep-calm-we-are-the-chosen-one-s.png

~S~
Good link.

Notice how the writer claims Jews are no different than anyone else, yet goes on to explain how they are in fact...different?

Implying God loves,respects or expects anything more from any of his children, moves them into the realm of religious racism

For you atheists , implying the world loves,respects or expects anything more is just plain everyday racism as well

Which i agree with more, simply because it strips the facade of fundie faith away from hiding behind

~S~
The Jews are different, which is why they are called Jews. In fact, keeping themselves different was key to preserving their faith. Think about it, what other ancient religion has survived as long? To my knowledge, maybe Hinduism, but that is about it.

And this is why religions that revolve around the Bible dominate, whether it be Christianity or Judaism or Islam. The Bible has survived as well as the Jewish people. Had the Jewish people succumb to the fate of religions and cultures around them and been assimilated into obscurity, the entire Bible could be thrown out as a lie because of such prophesies as the Jewish people reclaiming the Holy Land in the end times, which they have done. Without the Jewish faith surviving, there would be no Christianity or Islam.

And this is at the root of Zionism. It is the continued attempt to preserve their culture an religion to keep from getting assimilated into obscurity like so many other have tried to do in the past.

In conclusion, just the fact that the faith has survived since ancient times is astounding and miraculous, and even more astounding that prophesies of Israel reclaiming their land has come to fruition against all odds. Think about it, a people side lined for extermination overcame that and an army of hostile nations around it that outmanned and outgunned them was able to survive it all. It's just baffling.

This article could just as well go in the What Are You Reading forum since it does address a lot of history, but, Jewry is a religion. The author is a jew and no doubt he'll be attacked and likely as not the article won't be read- (it's gasp, anti semite and we are all aware that is a sin of the highest order, right?) but here it is. And it brings to light the question I have yet to have satisfactorily answered; Why do US Christians defend jews with such zeal?
This article, while not dwelling on it, points out the animosity jews have for christianity in their "doctrine" which apparently Rabbi's are very well aware of, meaning the teaching is still in existence. Also, in my reading of the novel the Malta Exchange which told briefly of the founding of catholicism, which is the birth of christianity, the expanse of the catholic religion should not be discounted to help understand the fear and hatred the jews have of christianity. Yes, I said hatred. This article, while not saying that explicitly, points out the history of jewry which can only be concluded as hatred though fueled by fear is at the heart, the very core of what drives jewry. Of course if a reader has a different take on the article I would very much enjoy seeing it.

Oddities of the Jewish Religion

About a decade ago, I happened to be talking with an eminent academic scholar who had become known for his sharp criticism of Israeli policies in the Middle East and America’s strong support for them. I mentioned that I myself had come to very similar conclusions some time before, and he asked when that had happened. I told him it had been in 1982, and I think he found my answer quite surprising. I got the sense that date was decades earlier than would have been given by almost anyone else he knew.
Bad Jewry? Should have gone to Jared's...

why not tell them to just read the whole book ...

shutterstock_1011227785-600x400.jpg

it's not like either side is any different than the other ... why not trying something new - tell them to burn their book and you burn your book and both of you start a new book ....

sorry bing, anything is better than being a - creep. not to mention the christian thing ...

what's your point bing, having them read your book proves you have read it yourself.

why do you fail to answer the simple question posed to you before to prove your religion;

what are the sins you are unable to stop committing.

* what's going to stop you from committing them if you were to find yourself in the Everlasting, what's your point being here at all. christian.

3. you are a subversive.

3. you are a subversive.

no, you have never made a point the entire time you have been posting ...

what are the sins you are unable to stop committing. christian.

the religion of antiquity is to triumph over sin, why are you so different - - jeepers creepers, the christian bible.

Without the Jewish faith surviving, there would be no Christianity or Islam.

Ancient Judaism owes it's existence to the Muslim world

And this is at the root of Zionism. It is the continued attempt to preserve their culture an religion to keep from getting assimilated into obscurity like so many other have tried to do in the past.

Culture i do understand....
but attaching 'religion' to a piece of geography disqualifies itself

~S~

~S~
The geography of Israel is a sacred site to 3 major religions.

Nothing you can do or say can change that.

Ladies...gentlemen.....If things go bad again somebody will get the blame. It will start with one group and expand to others. Sorry, but we Americans are fat, lazy and spoiled at a higher percentage then many other people of other nations. Many of us can not even get out of our own way. So doing without will be painful. Perhaps healthier for a bit, but painful. Someone will show up with the answers. They always do. There are many Christians who do not bother anyone. Although they promote the Bible. They are also not violent in that promotion. They would probably be a good group to incarcerate or worse. Many may not admit to being Christian under that scenario. But soon after other groups will be picked and the same thing done. Nothing changes. Just the recycling of some comforts of prosperity to a minimum with struggles to survive for a larger percentage of the population and off to the races we go. Lets hope that this current crisis is not a man made farce out of fear.

~S~
The geography of Israel is a sacred site to 3 major religions.

Nothing you can do or say can change that.

true

but they may as well worship a bag of rocks

~S~

I can only make one for sure on any of this. If you want a good lawyer, get a Jew. He can get the Jew judge to see things his way. If a doctor or coroner are involved. Ditto.
Many also offer monthly payments(with interest)

Chimp, if you want a god, get a Jew.

The Church has been preaching Antisemitism for over 2000 years

ignoring the Antisemitism of the Christian Church for over 2000 years?

we reap what we sow.

Still no valid explanation

Still no explanation

Looks like we've IM2 competition , 'cept this time it's 'Christian privilege', instead of 'White privilege'

credit where due, you folks are so much better at the whole guilt trip ....

thumb_yes-yes-let-the-jewish-guilt-flow-through-youegenerator-net-yes-48971391.png

~S~

. . . And folks like you are adept at hate. Hey, baldie, try acting like a human being.

Again, you are talking to the wrong guy.

I haven’t done anything towards the Jewish people. But you get it out of your system.

Ob la di, ob-la-da, life goes on, bra
La-la, how the life goes on

Nobody said you DID anything. Referring to your post Re; Hating Christians and they are still being “ taught”
Link ; please. Even if it was true; so what. The Church has been preaching Antisemitism for over 2000 years. La-La-Life goes on
And yet you are treating me like I did.

Commenting on your biased non based post while ignoring the Antisemitism of the Christian Church for over 2000 years?

always a hoot!

~S~

From your link:

"Judaism maintains that the righteous of all nations have a place in the world to come."

Well, baldie, seems there's no place for you to go but you know where. (Be sure to wear something light & cool.)

always a hoot!

~S~
Good link.

Notice how the writer claims Jews are no different than anyone else, yet goes on to explain how they are in fact...different?

Implying God loves,respects or expects anything more from any of his children, moves them into the realm of religious racism

For you atheists , implying the world loves,respects or expects anything more is just plain everyday racism as well

Which i agree with more, simply because it strips the facade of fundie faith away from hiding behind

~S~
The Jews are different, which is why they are called Jews. In fact, keeping themselves different was key to preserving their faith. Think about it, what other ancient religion has survived as long? To my knowledge, maybe Hinduism, but that is about it.

And this is why religions that revolve around the Bible dominate, whether it be Christianity or Judaism or Islam. The Bible has survived as well as the Jewish people. Had the Jewish people succumb to the fate of religions and cultures around them and been assimilated into obscurity, the entire Bible could be thrown out as a lie because of such prophesies as the Jewish people reclaiming the Holy Land in the end times, which they have done. Without the Jewish faith surviving, there would be no Christianity or Islam.

In conclusion, just the fact that the faith has survived since ancient times is astounding and miraculous, and even more astounding that prophesies of Israel reclaiming their land has come to fruition against all odds. Think about it, a people side lined for extermination overcame that and an army of hostile nations around it that outmanned and outgunned them was able to survive it all. It's just baffling.

Votto wrote:

"Had the Jewish people succumb to the fate of religions and cultures around them and been assimilated into obscurity, the entire Bible could be thrown out as a lie because of such prophesies as the Jewish people reclaiming the Holy Land in the end times, which they have done. Without the Jewish faith surviving, there would be no Christianity or Islam."

(Worth repeating.)

This article could just as well go in the What Are You Reading forum since it does address a lot of history, but, Jewry is a religion. The author is a jew and no doubt he'll be attacked and likely as not the article won't be read- (it's gasp, anti semite and we are all aware that is a sin of the highest order, right?) but here it is. And it brings to light the question I have yet to have satisfactorily answered; Why do US Christians defend jews with such zeal?
This article, while not dwelling on it, points out the animosity jews have for christianity in their "doctrine" which apparently Rabbi's are very well aware of, meaning the teaching is still in existence. Also, in my reading of the novel the Malta Exchange which told briefly of the founding of catholicism, which is the birth of christianity, the expanse of the catholic religion should not be discounted to help understand the fear and hatred the jews have of christianity. Yes, I said hatred. This article, while not saying that explicitly, points out the history of jewry which can only be concluded as hatred though fueled by fear is at the heart, the very core of what drives jewry. Of course if a reader has a different take on the article I would very much enjoy seeing it.

About a decade ago, I happened to be talking with an eminent academic scholar who had become known for his sharp criticism of Israeli policies in the Middle East and America’s strong support for them. I mentioned that I myself had come to very similar conclusions some time before, and he asked when that had happened. I told him it had been in 1982, and I think he found my answer quite surprising. I got the sense that date was decades earlier than would have been given by almost anyone else he knew.
All 3 major male dominator god religions vomited up in the middle east are odd / wack, and yeah, Israel is an ethnic cleansing apartheid state. Not sure I'd connect that to a religion.

To the Jewish readers of this post:

Please note that not all of us gentiles are hate-mongers like the chimp, baldie, and the O puss with the water gun.
Some of us gentiles really appreciate you. Thank you.

All 3 major male dominator god religions vomited up in the middle east are odd / wack, and yeah, Israel is an ethnic cleansing apartheid state. Not sure I'd connect that to a religion.

In 1967, the populations of West Bank and Gaza were 767, 300 and 493, 700 respectively -- 1, 261, 000 in total. By 2018, these populations had more than trebled to 4,635,207.* No ethnic cleansing.

There are 15 Arab member in the Israeli parliament. No apartheid.

Guy, you know didleysquat.

* Source: Central Intelligence Agency (2018). The World Fact Book, United States Government.

~S~

~S~

So there is no such thing as Arab or Muslim Countries

Forum List

Back