Jodi Arias Penalty

So, is it over?

Yep, till July 18th, when the judge will supposedly rule on the motion to delay until Jan. 2014.

I don't understand why it wasn't ruled on today. She's been found guilty of M1. Get the damn penalty phase over with already! The defense team CHOSE not to call any character witnesses for their client the first time around when they had at least 1 that was waiting to be called up; why change your mind after for the 2nd round and say you need time to find witnesses? DoggieBoy, if he was alive, sure as hell wouldn't be one for Jodi. Noone else, other than Brewer, has been willing to speak. (Her parents and siblings don't count - she claimed they abused her and it'd go against her defense if they did speak.) The defense needs to be forced to get their act together. Delaying this part isn't going to change the fact that she won't be out in public again.

Maybe they are trying to work out a deal before then?

No, I think it's more along the lines of get your witnesses together and we'll see how you've progressed on July 18th. On the unavailable thing, the only "real" dates they listed to be out are in July, one on the freaking date they rescheduled the hearing for, so I don't think that holds much weight.

I don't know about the "deal" I think the prosecution is still going dp dp dp.

Somebody is pulling a fast one. In the motion to delay it says Nurmi will be out of office from July 17 through July 20, and that was one of the reason they need to delay til..... JANUARY. But the delay to delay hearing is set for July 18th.

:eusa_liar:

I was wondering about that. So there may be another Delay or maybe Wilmott will just handle the motion?

steve krafft @SKrafftFox10#jodiarias #fox10 On a side note, Jodi is no longer wearing glasses.

What? You mean her vision is perfect without them? What will the defense do if this is mentioned by the prosecutor? (Must be her hair in her eyes giving her reason to wear them.)

She didn't wear them all the time. Did she use them mostly for reading? Or take them off to read? It was never really clear...

BBM Haha, maybe she should wear them then. Unintentional pun.

So there was a recent fight in jail? Who tried to approach her? Damn, all the good stuff isn't streamed.

But how could she get in a fight if she's in closed custody solitary?

I think that's old from her last fight and the reporter was incorrect. She has all the deputies because she's a convict now.

So, is it over?

Yep, till July 18th, when the judge will supposedly rule on the motion to delay until Jan. 2014.

I don't understand why it wasn't ruled on today. She's been found guilty of M1. Get the damn penalty phase over with already! The defense team CHOSE not to call any character witnesses for their client the first time around when they had at least 1 that was waiting to be called up; why change your mind after for the 2nd round and say you need time to find witnesses? DoggieBoy, if he was alive, sure as hell wouldn't be one for Jodi. Noone else, other than Brewer, has been willing to speak. (Her parents and siblings don't count - she claimed they abused her and it'd go against her defense if they did speak.) The defense needs to be forced to get their act together. Delaying this part isn't going to change the fact that she won't be out in public again.

I really don't think it would go against her defense if they speak. They can still get up there and ask for mercy. And her siblings were never said to abuse her.

I want to know about the fight and the guy who approached her. What will we do without Beth?

I don't know, I miss her, she was on it.

This one says she'll check it out:
MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15

It was someone with her mom. Maybe she needed a new red crayon and thought they could pass it in court.

Did you check Wilds tweets?
PS I can't keep up with you guys today lol

So, is it over?

I really don't think it would go against her defense if they speak. They can still get up there and ask for mercy. And her siblings were never said to abuse her.

Yeah, I've said that too. Her siblings and/or grandmother could speak.

steve krafft @SKrafftFox10#jodiarias #fox10 On a side note, Jodi is no longer wearing glasses.

What? You mean her vision is perfect without them? What will the defense do if this is mentioned by the prosecutor? (Must be her hair in her eyes giving her reason to wear them.)

She didn't wear them all the time. Did she use them mostly for reading? Or take them off to read? It was never really clear...

BBM Haha, maybe she should wear them then. Unintentional pun.

It was totally intentional LOL

What's bbm?

I want to know about the fight and the guy who approached her. What will we do without Beth?

I don't know, I miss her, she was on it.

This one says she'll check it out:
MaryEllen Resendez ‏@maryellenabc15

It was someone with her mom. Maybe she needed a new red crayon and thought they could pass it in court.

Did you check Wilds tweets?
PS I can't keep up with you guys today lol

Yep, same/same. Chambers, out, ruling, done.

She was wearing pretty prison stripes, chains and no glasses.

So there was a recent fight in jail? Who tried to approach her? Damn, all the good stuff isn't streamed.

But how could she get in a fight if she's in closed custody solitary?

I think that's old from her last fight and the reporter was incorrect. She has all the deputies because she's a convict now.

But she's been a convict since the verdict reading. Why is now different than the last penalty phase?

And also don't they need to start picking a new jury.. I suspect that's going to take a long time. We probably won't have the retrial for months.

Forum List

Back