John Kerry: We could have shot the jet down.

Should the Russian jet been shot down prior to reaching our ship?

• Hell yeah!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
LOL Hilarious.

John Kerry: we could have shot down Russian jets 'buzzing' US warship

Wow, Kerry makes a breach of etiquette and skips the sinister triple dog dare ya, and goes right for the throat

If those planes had been loaded with bombs and missiles I have no problem with treating them as a threat to our ships and navy personnel. The fact that they were not armed makes it a difficult call.

After what happened to our ship the "Liberty" we should not assume that close flybys are non threatening.

In 1967 I was standing watch on the fantail of a destroyer when we went to GQ based on an unidentified sonar contact with a sub. We played tag for a while but eventually lost contact and stood down. But for the several hours I stood by in the aft gun mount, the movie The Bedford Incident was much on my mind.

Fools like you make me sick.

What does that have to do with the ship in the Baltic.

Oh, so you want to shoot down a plane that flies 30 feet from our ship, so you want to shoot down every Russian plane and sink every ship and sub that does anything to track our ships!

Moron
Shoot one of them down and they'll stop buzzing you......then you won't have to lose any sleep going to General Quarters every time some jet comes within 200 miles of the ship.
Shoot one of them down and maybe they sink your ship. then maybe it escalates into all out war.

So Putin is a wild out of controlled lunatic who sends planes in attack formations so close to our ships that it's dangerous, but if we respond, whoa, he could get mad and start WWIII? You're a dumb ass. And a coward.

Actually, Putin is a ruthless, cold blooded dictator who wants power, not to die, and he is doing this to show what a pussy we have in the white house and detract his nationalistic people from their economic problems. Here's a dollar, buy a clue, Nevil Chamberlin.

OMG, let's not make him mad! Guys, he could get mad! Geez

Wrong, the jet flyover was testing Russia's newest and advanced radar and electronic jamming system. And the test was a complete success for Russia. What spooked the USS Donald Cook so much in the Black Sea?

You got a source that knows what year this is? Also, you started with "wrong" then didn't contradict anything I said ...

Dude, you don't think the President and secretary of state are involved in ROE's for US ships in NATO operations on the Russian border. That's too ignorant to be taken seriously.

What branch of the military where you in again? The Sky Commandos? Or was it the Space Marines?
NO not directly as you have clearly stated, IDIOT, abnd you were supplied a link to the Navy chain of command. And I sure as fuck wasn't in the damn armchair brigade as you are, shit for brains. And with that "Dude" I understand you problem...lack of maturity. I believe one has to be 18 or older to be registered on this site.

I never said the SOS is in the chain of command. Does that somehow prove to you they don't help set ROE's? Based on what? You've clearly never done anything for government or in the military if that's how you think it works. Is that how it worked when you were in the Space Knights? You had to be in the chain of command?
I never said the SOS is in the chain of command. Does that somehow prove to you they don't help set ROE's? Based on what?
Based on no AUTHORITY to interfere in the Navy's chain of command, idiot! Haven't you been intelligent enough to read my responses to your idiotic ramblings or that link to the Navy's complete chain of command? Any of that type of rare and out of the ordinary circumstances would pass through SecNav, IDIOT. But you would rather pretend otherwise as if I hadn't supplied that information for your edification..
You've clearly never done anything for government or in the military if that's how you think it works.
I gave you some information in that regard including the 11 years of active and fleet reserve duty. I'm sure as Hell am not going to open my entire CV on a fucking message board fool. But I will say that the first 34 years of my life involved the military in some form or another.

And your connection with the military is reading about it and watching war movies from your fucking armchair. Be very, very proud of that Admiral/General. Now eat shit and die you immature troll! Go play with your Palin dolly!

Yes you were a storm trooper in the Space Navy for 11 years, I remember. Do you still have your insignia? Did you buy it at Comic-Con?

No shit the Secretary of State isn't in the "chain of command." Your view that proves they aren't involved in a clearly diplomatic international issue like US v. Russia off the Russian coast is just ignorant. And when I gave you the example of the State department in Lebanon getting the guards to not carry guns, which led directly to the barracks bombing happening, you didn't even get the connection to the discussion.

Kerry works for Obama, it's political/diplomatic as much as military. Your view they have nothing to do with the ROEs for a theater highly likely to have a Russian engagement like this belies every claim you have made that you have real world military experience.

BTW, how is Comic Con, is it cool?

The Russian Jet totally disabled all electronic warfare systems on the U.S. ship, this was an act of war and the jet should have been shot down, except the ship was HELPLESS.

Now get a grip on reality.

So if you're bringing new information to the table to be considered, why not just say that? Why be a dick about it?

NO not directly as you have clearly stated, IDIOT, abnd you were supplied a link to the Navy chain of command. And I sure as fuck wasn't in the damn armchair brigade as you are, shit for brains. And with that "Dude" I understand you problem...lack of maturity. I believe one has to be 18 or older to be registered on this site.

I never said the SOS is in the chain of command. Does that somehow prove to you they don't help set ROE's? Based on what? You've clearly never done anything for government or in the military if that's how you think it works. Is that how it worked when you were in the Space Knights? You had to be in the chain of command?
I never said the SOS is in the chain of command. Does that somehow prove to you they don't help set ROE's? Based on what?
Based on no AUTHORITY to interfere in the Navy's chain of command, idiot! Haven't you been intelligent enough to read my responses to your idiotic ramblings or that link to the Navy's complete chain of command? Any of that type of rare and out of the ordinary circumstances would pass through SecNav, IDIOT. But you would rather pretend otherwise as if I hadn't supplied that information for your edification..
You've clearly never done anything for government or in the military if that's how you think it works.
I gave you some information in that regard including the 11 years of active and fleet reserve duty. I'm sure as Hell am not going to open my entire CV on a fucking message board fool. But I will say that the first 34 years of my life involved the military in some form or another.

And your connection with the military is reading about it and watching war movies from your fucking armchair. Be very, very proud of that Admiral/General. Now eat shit and die you immature troll! Go play with your Palin dolly!

Yes you were a storm trooper in the Space Navy for 11 years, I remember. Do you still have your insignia? Did you buy it at Comic-Con?

No shit the Secretary of State isn't in the "chain of command." Your view that proves they aren't involved in a clearly diplomatic international issue like US v. Russia off the Russian coast is just ignorant. And when I gave you the example of the State department in Lebanon getting the guards to not carry guns, which led directly to the barracks bombing happening, you didn't even get the connection to the discussion.

Kerry works for Obama, it's political/diplomatic as much as military. Your view they have nothing to do with the ROEs for a theater highly likely to have a Russian engagement like this belies every claim you have made that you have real world military experience.

The Russian Jet totally disabled all electronic warfare systems on the U.S. ship, this was an act of war and the jet should have been shot down, except the ship was HELPLESS.

Now get a grip on reality.
Sure is getting quiet in here...................................

I'm not a genie, you can't rub my lamp and make me appear. I was on yesterday until about lunch, then I had other plans. I'll try to clear that with you in the future.

Never heard of voltairenet.org. I don't know how they knew that, it's certainly possible. I can see if it was as successful as they claimed we wouldn't want to say that. But it's a stretch to assume they are right without more corroboration

I see the fear mongering and Political Grand Standing is still at work in this country............

Back in the days of the Good Old Cold War..........this was common..........happened.........

Nobody gave a shit.......it was all just 2 countries teasing each other. I watched a Bear fly right over our ship. It reved it's engine right over the mast.........looked straight up at it............We flipped them the bird and laughed it off.........

A Mig tried to break the sound barrier near us.......didn't time it so well........but he got the Sonic Boom a little late...........

IT WAS NOTHING............Just another day at the office.......

Now IT'S........WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE..............

Jesus...............this country has turned into a Lunatic Fringe.

I see the fear mongering and Political Grand Standing is still at work in this country............

Back in the days of the Good Old Cold War..........this was common..........happened.........

Nobody gave a shit.......it was all just 2 countries teasing each other. I watched a Bear fly right over our ship. It reved it's engine right over the mast.........looked straight up at it............We flipped them the bird and laughed it off.........

A Mig tried to break the sound barrier near us.......didn't time it so well........but he got the Sonic Boom a little late...........

Well actually these fly bys are not common, this is Putin showing that Obama and America is weak.

Putin is showing that he has the strength and that the world should rally behind him and Russia.

If we had shot down those planes, we would have shown that these tactics are no longer tolerated.

But Putin knows that Obama will do nothing. Next he will do missile drills and test his warships very close to ours. Just to show how weak the Americans have become.

Granted this is nothing more than a Pissing contest, right now Putin is winning that contest..

Well actually these fly bys are not common, this is Putin showing that Obama and America is weak.

Putin is showing that he has the strength and that the world should rally behind him and Russia.

If we had shot down those planes, we would have shown that these tactics are no longer tolerated.

But Putin knows that Obama will do nothing. Next he will do missile drills and test his warships very close to ours. Just to show how weak the Americans have become.

Granted this is nothing more than a Pissing contest, right now Putin is winning that contest..
This was common during the Cold War............we did it to them and they did it to us.................

It didn't mean shit to us..................Hell.......it boring out there...........was a bright spot for the day............

Both sides know we aren't gonna kill each other over it...............It's a game..............

This was common during the Cold War............we did it to them and they did it to us.................

It didn't mean shit to us..................Hell.......it boring out there...........was a bright spot for the day............

Both sides know we aren't gonna kill each other over it...............It's a game..............

In in the 80's yes, when the US had strong leadership, now is a much different story!

WE have the weakest leadership since Carter!

In in the 80's yes, when the US had strong leadership, now is a much different story!

Obama is weak..............but our military are NOT POLITICIANS............and the Ruskies KNOW THAT............in that aspect nothing has changed.......

Should either side ever pull the trigger............they know they will not be fighting politicians........but people who have trained to kill the enemy their whole career....................

It's still a game to those on the lines.............nothing more........

Obama is weak..............but our military are NOT POLITICIANS............and the Ruskies KNOW THAT............in that aspect nothing has changed.......

Should either side ever pull the trigger............they know they will not be fighting politicians........but people who have trained to kill the enemy their whole career....................

Obama changed the rules of engagement, so much has changed.

Even if they wanted to shoot down the jets, they couldn't due to the new rules put out by the Obama administration..

Putin is winning the pissing contest!

Even if they wanted to shoot down the jets, they couldn't due to the new rules put out by the Obama administration..

In the middle east War.........yeah Obama;s rules fuck our military...............but as far as the rules on fly by's ............that dog doesn't hunt with me................

We didn't have authorization to shoot them down under Reagan.............we knew it's JUST WAR GAMES..............

It's not that big of a deal WITH RUSSIA.

If we were talking about IRAN........then yes we should shoot their asses down.

Dude, you don't think the President and secretary of state are involved in ROE's for US ships in NATO operations on the Russian border. That's too ignorant to be taken seriously.

What branch of the military where you in again? The Sky Commandos? Or was it the Space Marines?

Yup, another sophomoric contribution from Kaz signifying nada save your distorted OPINION sans verifiable facts! Keep diggin' shit for brains!

So the US has war games in former Soviet territory knowing that pisses off the Russians and they are likely to do stuff like this, they do, and it's international news. People from all over the country and international posters on this site are discussing it and no one is saying WTF are you guys talking about?

Whether we shoot down the plane or not has major international diplomatic and security implications, the President protested to Putin their actions.

But you not only think that Obama and the nations top diplomat would not be involved in determining the ROEs, how we react to that sort of provocation, but anyone who thinks they would is a completely clueless idiot. And you learned that because you were in the military.

And you call me sophomoric? Dude, you're ignorant to the max, it's un freaking believable. And just so you know, playing with GI Joes isn't being in the military

In the middle east War.........yeah Obama;s rules fuck our military...............but as far as the rules on fly by's ............that dog doesn't hunt with me................

We didn't have authorization to shoot them down under Reagan.............we knew it's JUST WAR GAMES..............

It's not that big of a deal WITH RUSSIA.

If we were talking about IRAN........then yes we should shoot their asses down.

A US Air Force reconnaissance plane was intercepted by a Russian SU-27 jet in an "unsafe and unprofessional" manner while in international airspace over the Baltic Sea, the Pentagon said Saturday.

US Air Force plane intercepted by Russian jet in 'unsafe' manner: Pentagon

Like I said Putin is winning the Pissing contest!

I say hell yeah, this was pure Russian aggression. Putin is just laughing at us and our spineless wuss of a President. This isn't the endless games our militaries play, he crossed the line. And he did it on purpose to embarrass us. And it worked, our spineless President again showed what he is. No wonder the world doesn't take us seriously

Yo, they know they can do it, and nothing will happen, they learned this from N. Korea and Iran!!!

"GTP"
It Comes Down To The Balless President!
Turkey Didn`t Mess Around! Blew That Bitch Out Of The Sky!
View attachment 71512
do you know the difference between international waters and 'air space'?

clearly not, b/c if you did, you wouldn't have posted that as a reason to kill.

Yo, it`s called AGGRESSION, don`t matter if it`s International Waters, or a Countries Air Space? Now, take them Two Thumbs, stick them up your ass, and rotate!!!

"GTP"
Shoot The Bitch Down!!!
View attachment 71584
There's a recruiting station near you rambo

man the fuck up and demand front line combat

really, you assbags have no reason to call for the killing of another.

So just to be clear, you've volunteered for every military engagement you supported, that's your standard. So did you volunteer to attack al Qaeda after 9/11? Or did you oppose retaliating?

Grow up and make real arguments, Nevil

I say hell yeah, this was pure Russian aggression. Putin is just laughing at us and our spineless wuss of a President. This isn't the endless games our militaries play, he crossed the line. And he did it on purpose to embarrass us. And it worked, our spineless President again showed what he is. No wonder the world doesn't take us seriously
No, clearly not.

We do shit like that to each other all the time.

The list of fly overs, fly bys, near misses, races, competitions, its friggin endless.

To anyone that thinks we should have killed them, I say; There's a recruiting station near you.

Russians have gotten more and more aggressive, we don't do anything remotely like that jet. At what point do we draw the line? Ever?
If we restart the Cold war, that won't happen again.

If was just some guy being a dick

Seriously, you think it was just the pilot acting on his own? WTF? You're insane

Yo, they know they can do it, and nothing will happen, they learned this from N. Korea and Iran!!!

"GTP"
It Comes Down To The Balless President!
Turkey Didn`t Mess Around! Blew That Bitch Out Of The Sky!
View attachment 71512
do you know the difference between international waters and 'air space'?

clearly not, b/c if you did, you wouldn't have posted that as a reason to kill.

Please, air space over a country and around ships in international waters are clearly reasonably analogous even if they aren't exactly the same
one is clearly written and everyone gets it, the other, not so much

If there were an argument the Russian didn't know the ship was there and it was an accident what you're arguing would be applicable. Since that's clearly not what happened, what you are arguing is irrelevant

You get wars when you aren't prepared for them

According to you, you get wars for every minor interaction with other countries.

More hyperbole from the retard party

Your OP and this thread is nothing more than hyperbole.

Should we have shot down that Russian Jet? Hell yeah!

Idiot.

Hyperbole? Shooting at planes in attack formation flying yards from our ships? You're an idiot

Attack formation?

Yes, read any article on it

F'ing what? It flew within 30 feet of our ship, what would be hostile?

Turkey drew a line and backed it up. Have the Russians invaded Turkey? This is why they are doing this, they are pushing further and further to find out where the line is. You really think that with today's technology Russia couldn't say out of Turkish airspace?

There's only one way to draw a line. I'm not saying to shoot down every Russian plane that flies too close to an American ship. Not saying that at all. But there is a point where it's not feasible we let them that close to our military, that plane went well past that line
Think further. Provocation, saying hello, whatever. If the Russian plane would been downed, what would have been the consequence? A step further to a cold war or retaliation? There is no point in shooting the jet.

Lighthouse and naval vessel urban legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's hilarious how you people keep thinking, OMG, Putin could get mad. Obviously he's doing this because he thinks our President is a pussy.

So seriously, Putin is like, I'm going to send a plane to fly 30 feet from their ship in a dangerous intimidation, but OMG, we react and he's going to get mad!

Putin gets it, you don't, Obama doesn't
You think Putin himself is calling and telling his commanders to pull these stunts? He's probably got better things to do, as does our Commander in Chief.

If Putin had nothing to do with the provocation then he should be denouncing it today. Much like Obama should denounce Mrs. Tuzla Clinton's actions at Benghazi, if he had nothing to do with them.

What the fuck does Benghazi have to do with it? Jesus, one of your wingnuts wants to shoot down a Russian jet because it made him feel bad about his country and somehow we have to link in another right wing fantasy.

"Much like," seriously, you don't know what an analogy is?

You're a sad product of a government education

LOL, you don't see Obama's weakness being a huge factor in this? Seriously?"
LOL, you don't don't see Obama's weakness being a huge factor in this? Seriously?"

LOL, you don't see the ease that US conservatives' emotions can be manipulated being a huge factor in this? Seriously?
Take it up with a conservative

Forum List

Back