John Kerry: We could have shot the jet down.

Should the Russian jet been shot down prior to reaching our ship?

• Hell yeah!

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes you were a storm trooper in the Space Navy for 11 years, I remember. Do you still have your insignia? Did you buy it at Comic-Con?

No shit the Secretary of State isn't in the "chain of command." Your view that proves they aren't involved in a clearly diplomatic international issue like US v. Russia off the Russian coast is just ignorant. And when I gave you the example of the State department in Lebanon getting the guards to not carry guns, which led directly to the barracks bombing happening, you didn't even get the connection to the discussion.

Kerry works for Obama, it's political/diplomatic as much as military. Your view they have nothing to do with the ROEs for a theater highly likely to have a Russian engagement like this belies every claim you have made that you have real world military experience.

BTW, how is Comic Con, is it cool?
Yup, another sophomoric contribution from Kaz signifying nada save your distorted OPINION sans verifiable facts! Keep diggin' shit for brains!

So the US has war games in former Soviet territory knowing that pisses off the Russians and they are likely to do stuff like this, they do, and it's international news. People from all over the country and international posters on this site are discussing it and no one is saying WTF are you guys talking about?

Whether we shoot down the plane or not has major international diplomatic and security implications, the President protested to Putin their actions.

But you not only think that Obama and the nations top diplomat would not be involved in determining the ROEs, how we react to that sort of provocation, but anyone who thinks they would is a completely clueless idiot. And you learned that because you were in the military.

And you call me sophomoric? Dude, you're ignorant to the max, it's un freaking believable. And just so you know, playing with GI Joes isn't being in the military
And you know more about Naval operations than the entire US Navy because of your vast experience as an Armchair Admiral who has never been in uniform and served, right????? Let me bow to your exquisite credentials, you fucking wannabe!
Hey thoughtlesscrimes............. You can list your NAVAL EXPERIENCE HERE NOW..... And your top score at Call of Duty too.

The moron insults other people but has nothing to offer in way of experience.

Go kill some babies at the clinic.
I've already listed all I'm going to smack! You too damn poor to pay attention? The guy your answering for has no experience against my years, but mystically and magically he just knows more about the Nav than anyone I've ever known...just ask the idiot. If you don't want to be insulted, don't go around insulting the intelligence of other people. Think about it!

And just why are you responding to my comments to another rather than my comments to your idiotic, unfounded and grossly false assertions? Chill out, pour yourself one or two drafts of some nice cold liquefied horseshit and enjoy your day off!

So by that post you have ZERO Navy experience, yet are claiming to be an expert. LOL try again kid.

YAY WWIII!!! Can't wait. It's sure to be better than those other two.

Man, Warmongers are so messed up. Oh well, another day, another war. Business as usual i guess.

So Putin is a wild out of controlled lunatic who sends planes in attack formations so close to our ships that it's dangerous, but if we respond, whoa, he could get mad and start WWIII? You're a dumb ass. And a coward.

Actually, Putin is a ruthless, cold blooded dictator who wants power, not to die, and he is doing this to show what a pussy we have in the white house and detract his nationalistic people from their economic problems. Here's a dollar, buy a clue, Nevil Chamberlin.

OMG, let's not make him mad! Guys, he could get mad! Geez

Wrong, the jet flyover was testing Russia's newest and advanced radar and electronic jamming system. And the test was a complete success for Russia. What spooked the USS Donald Cook so much in the Black Sea?

You got a source that knows what year this is? Also, you started with "wrong" then didn't contradict anything I said ...
I contradicted everything you said, but you can't accept your own ignorance. This jet was testing sophisticated Russian jamming equipment, and the only shot that the U.S. could have taken at it was the one that the sailor made with his phone cam, as the Aegis radar system that tells the ship where it is in relation to all other things was USELESS AS THE JET HAD SCRAMBLED IT'S BRAINS.

This was a test, and RUSSIA WON......... aegis radar jammed - Google Search

There ya go little kiddie.................... The Russians scrambled Obama and Kerry's brains. I think we need Papi Boyington back in his Corsair without computers..................

Russia may be playing games......but this will stop if we don't play along.

What happened to Turkey when they shot that Russian Jet down?

Not a God Damned thing.
Wrong, Russia was not playing games, they were testing their most advanced weapon, one that leaves our Navy helpless and blind.
Oh,......and you were there?

Unless you were on the ship, or in the Cockpit of that Russian jet, STFU, Dickhead.

Yup, another sophomoric contribution from Kaz signifying nada save your distorted OPINION sans verifiable facts! Keep diggin' shit for brains!

So the US has war games in former Soviet territory knowing that pisses off the Russians and they are likely to do stuff like this, they do, and it's international news. People from all over the country and international posters on this site are discussing it and no one is saying WTF are you guys talking about?

Whether we shoot down the plane or not has major international diplomatic and security implications, the President protested to Putin their actions.

But you not only think that Obama and the nations top diplomat would not be involved in determining the ROEs, how we react to that sort of provocation, but anyone who thinks they would is a completely clueless idiot. And you learned that because you were in the military.

And you call me sophomoric? Dude, you're ignorant to the max, it's un freaking believable. And just so you know, playing with GI Joes isn't being in the military
And you know more about Naval operations than the entire US Navy because of your vast experience as an Armchair Admiral who has never been in uniform and served, right????? Let me bow to your exquisite credentials, you fucking wannabe!
Hey thoughtlesscrimes............. You can list your NAVAL EXPERIENCE HERE NOW..... And your top score at Call of Duty too.

I've already listed all I'm going to smack! You too damn poor to pay attention? The guy your answering for has no experience against my years, but mystically and magically he just knows more about the Nav than anyone I've ever known...just ask the idiot. If you don't want to be insulted, don't go around insulting the intelligence of other people. Think about it!

And just why are you responding to my comments to another rather than my comments to your idiotic, unfounded and grossly false assertions? Chill out, pour yourself one or two drafts of some nice cold liquefied horseshit and enjoy your day off!

So by that post you have ZERO Navy experience, yet are claiming to be an expert. LOL try again kid.
What Navy experience do you have, Dickhead?

Being ship's company and being a damned Boatswain's Mate doesn't make you an expert on Naval Aviation, shithead.

Wrong, the jet flyover was testing Russia's newest and advanced radar and electronic jamming system. And the test was a complete success for Russia. What spooked the USS Donald Cook so much in the Black Sea?

You got a source that knows what year this is? Also, you started with "wrong" then didn't contradict anything I said ...
I contradicted everything you said, but you can't accept your own ignorance. This jet was testing sophisticated Russian jamming equipment, and the only shot that the U.S. could have taken at it was the one that the sailor made with his phone cam, as the Aegis radar system that tells the ship where it is in relation to all other things was USELESS AS THE JET HAD SCRAMBLED IT'S BRAINS.

There ya go little kiddie.................... The Russians scrambled Obama and Kerry's brains. I think we need Papi Boyington back in his Corsair without computers..................

Not a God Damned thing.
Wrong, Russia was not playing games, they were testing their most advanced weapon, one that leaves our Navy helpless and blind.

Unless you were on the ship, or in the Cockpit of that Russian jet, STFU, Dickhead.

Dude the Russian ability to jam our Navy's most advanced radar systems as this jet did, is old news. AEGIS Fail in Black SEA, Ruskies Burn Down USS Donald “Duck” | Veterans Today

Next knucklehead.

Being ship's company and being a damned Boatswain's Mate doesn't make you an expert on Naval Aviation, shithead.

Yawn..................... AEGIS Fail in Black SEA, Ruskies Burn Down USS Donald “Duck” | Veterans Today

Not a God Damned thing.

Dude the Russian ability to jam our Navy's most advanced radar systems as this jet did, is old news. AEGIS Fail in Black SEA, Ruskies Burn Down USS Donald “Duck” | Veterans Today

Next knucklehead.
If your rating in the Navy doesn't deal directly with this, like OS or something similar, or you weren't an officer on the bridge that experienced something similar to this event, you're basically just a cut and paste Yoda getting all of his shit from Google.

Yawn..................... AEGIS Fail in Black SEA, Ruskies Burn Down USS Donald “Duck” | Veterans Today
This shit happened over 10 years ago. USS Donald Cook became USS Donald Sitting Duck…

You don't think they've figured out a counter-measure yet?

If so, they aren't even trying.

Oh you caught me you tricky little devil. I better write BuPers and tell them to burn all my records that aren't at the archives in St. Louis and get ready to pay back the VA all that 100% disability pay they haven't been sending me for the AO exposure I never had when the ship I wasn't on didn't spend time up the Co Chien reach of the Mekong and I didn't spend any time up the Perfume River East of Hue either or for the B40 shrapnel that isn't still with me today. I'll just have to remember that I was never at Subic Bay or that I didn't have liberty in Alongapo, PI or Sasebo or Yokosuka, Japan or my favorite port I never visited, Hong Kong! Gosh, there are just soooo many things I didn't experience that are in my memory!

You are so good picking out those who...I mean picking your FUCKING NOSE, you fucking square pegged dunce! And the "expert" thingy is your projection. Have another mug of that horseshit drink you relish!

Last edited:
I see the fear mongering and Political Grand Standing is still at work in this country............

Back in the days of the Good Old Cold War..........this was common..........happened.........

Nobody gave a shit.......it was all just 2 countries teasing each other. I watched a Bear fly right over our ship. It reved it's engine right over the mast.........looked straight up at it............We flipped them the bird and laughed it off.........

A Mig tried to break the sound barrier near us.......didn't time it so well........but he got the Sonic Boom a little late...........

IT WAS NOTHING............Just another day at the office.......

Now IT'S........WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE..............

Jesus...............this country has turned into a Lunatic Fringe.

Well actually these fly bys are not common, this is Putin showing that Obama and America is weak.

Putin is showing that he has the strength and that the world should rally behind him and Russia.

If we had shot down those planes, we would have shown that these tactics are no longer tolerated.

But Putin knows that Obama will do nothing. Next he will do missile drills and test his warships very close to ours. Just to show how weak the Americans have become.

Granted this is nothing more than a Pissing contest, right now Putin is winning that contest..
This was common during the Cold War............we did it to them and they did it to us.................

It didn't mean shit to us..................Hell.......it boring out there...........was a bright spot for the day............

Both sides know we aren't gonna kill each other over it...............It's a game..............

In in the 80's yes, when the US had strong leadership, now is a much different story!

WE have the weakest leadership since Carter!

Bullshit

First of all:

http://www.biography.com/people/jimmy-carter-9240013

Compare to the real bios of Reagan and GW Bush & their military careers, the former made training films and the latter failed to take physicals and was suspended from flying (I and other wonder if that failure to take his physical was a sign that he knew it would discover his drug use).

Reagan ordered the bombing of Libya and killed a child and two of our pilots; Carter was faced with a revolution in Iran, a result of the reaction to the people of Iran to the torture inflicted by the puppet instilled by the CIA, and the Oil Cartel's action, once again a reaction to the West's imperialism after WW I.

Even if your post is true, it is mindless distracting drivel................... The Russians are playing with our Navy, and you babble about Carter and Reagan...........

Sheesh

Thanks for sharing.

Oh you caught me you tricky little devil. I better write BuPers and tell them to burn all my records that aren't at the archives in St. Louis and get ready to pay back the VA all that 100% disability pay they haven't been sending me for the AO exposure I never had when the ship I wasn't on didn't spend time up the Co Chien reach of the Mekong and I didn't spend any time up the Perfume River West of Hue either or for the B40 shrapnel that isn't still with me today. I'll just have to remember that I was never at Subic Bay or that I didn't have liberty in Alongapo, PI or Sasebo or Yokosuka, Japan or my favorite port I never visited, Hong Kong! Gosh, there are just soooo many things I didn't experience that are in my memory!

You are so good picking out those who...I mean picking your FUCKING NOSE, you fucking square pegged dunce! And the "expert" thingy is your projection. Have another mug of that horseshit drink you relish!

Yes it is true, the military did need it's share of potato peelers like you. That said the Russian jet that flew 30 feet over the Cook could not have been shot down by the Cook, because all of it's radar systems were rendered inoperable by the jets advanced weaponry. And I thank God for the sailor who sent us the pictures so that John Kerry could babble that the U.S. could have shot down the jet with inoperable guns and missile systems. LOL peel on old man

Not a God Damned thing.

Next knucklehead.
If your rating in the Navy doesn't deal directly with this, like OS or something similar, or you weren't an officer on the bridge that experienced something similar to this event, you're basically just a cut and paste Yoda getting all of his shit from Google.

Not everyone on the bridge is an officer; I spent my time on the helm, and lee helm and standing port or starboard watch on the wings.

You speak for the entire Navy that the President and SOS have nothing to do with ROEs in war games in former Soviet territory? Wow, nice to meet you sir, it's an honor.
You have yet to cite ANY authoritative source for that claim. All you have is another hot air opinion that don't fucking fly. I have given you links for the chain of command for the US Navy. You don't want to believe them or didn't even read them is on your ignorant head, dummy! Now sit back in your armchair and enjoy you fantasies Admiral!

You gave me the chain of command, information that isn't in question. Your view that the President isn't in the loop for such a major decision is just mind mindbogglingly ignorant. Yeah, the local commanders make decisions about firing at Russians. Unbelievable. Well, except in the navy in the rubber wading pool in your backyard! Avast, matey, ay? Can I come aboard, admiral!

Oh you caught me you tricky little devil. I better write BuPers and tell them to burn all my records that aren't at the archives in St. Louis and get ready to pay back the VA all that 100% disability pay they haven't been sending me for the AO exposure I never had when the ship I wasn't on didn't spend time up the Co Chien reach of the Mekong and I didn't spend any time up the Perfume River West of Hue either or for the B40 shrapnel that isn't still with me today. I'll just have to remember that I was never at Subic Bay or that I didn't have liberty in Alongapo, PI or Sasebo or Yokosuka, Japan or my favorite port I never visited, Hong Kong! Gosh, there are just soooo many things I didn't experience that are in my memory!

Yes it is true, the military did need it's share of potato peelers like you. That said the Russian jet that flew 30 feet over the Cook could not have been shot down by the Cook, because all of it's radar systems were rendered inoperable by the jets advanced weaponry. And I thank God for the sailor who sent us the pictures so that John Kerry could babble that the U.S. could have shot down the jet with inoperable guns and missile systems. LOL peel on old man
Well fuck you very much. Damn but you are bloody stupid. You don't even understand what the articles you cited say. How far is the Black Sea from the Baltic Sea and how far back in time is April 2014 from April 2016? Read the fucking articles you cited you cratered fucking FOOL!

Have a nice day and remember to have someone check to make sure you reinstalled your brain correctly after the airing you gave it!

You speak for the entire Navy that the President and SOS have nothing to do with ROEs in war games in former Soviet territory? Wow, nice to meet you sir, it's an honor.
You have yet to cite ANY authoritative source for that claim. All you have is another hot air opinion that don't fucking fly. I have given you links for the chain of command for the US Navy. You don't want to believe them or didn't even read them is on your ignorant head, dummy! Now sit back in your armchair and enjoy you fantasies Admiral!

You gave me the chain of command, information that isn't in question. Your view that the President isn't in the loop for such a major decision is just mind mindbogglingly ignorant. Yeah, the local commanders make decisions about firing at Russians. Unbelievable. Well, except in the navy in the rubber wading pool in your backyard! Avast, matey, ay? Can I come aboard, admiral!
OH I got it now. Obama is channeling LBJ's tactics for his control of the US actions in N. Vietnam and Kerry is doing the very same with LBJ's SecDef channeling McNamara. The only difference is that Obama and Kerry are micromanaging EVERY Navy CO afloat outlining every detail of every moment their ship is underway! That explains everything. Obama and Kerry only have time for the Navy because keeping track of every ship in every unit of every fleet would be a full time job. Now that you explained it, why it's, it's it's STILL A CROCK OF SHIT!

Look Idiot, POTUS will get involved in some VERY CRITICAL items of high priority in the National Interest like the takedown of OBL. Sure Obama probably had some input in that matter. But as a routine responsibility, POTUS has already delegated authority down the chain below the CNO! You want to continue to play the fool and retain the distinct title of Armchair Admiral, go ahead make a fool of yourself!

So Putin is a wild out of controlled lunatic who sends planes in attack formations so close to our ships that it's dangerous, but if we respond, whoa, he could get mad and start WWIII? You're a dumb ass. And a coward.

Actually, Putin is a ruthless, cold blooded dictator who wants power, not to die, and he is doing this to show what a pussy we have in the white house and detract his nationalistic people from their economic problems. Here's a dollar, buy a clue, Nevil Chamberlin.

OMG, let's not make him mad! Guys, he could get mad! Geez

Not a God Damned thing.

Why would they show us that even if they had it? And even if that report is true, that doesn't mean we can't counter it, just that the Cook didn't have that capability. Also there are the tactics, we should EMP any plane at a certain distance preempting it.

What you posted is an interesting discussion point, particularly if it is true. But there are still a lot of questions. It's doubtful the Russians leap frogged us with technology

OH I got it now. Obama is channeling LBJ's tactics for his control of the US actions in N. Vietnam and Kerry is doing the very same with LBJ's SecDef channeling McNamara. The only difference is that Obama and Kerry are micromanaging EVERY Navy CO afloat outlining every detail of every moment their ship is underway! That explains everything. Obama and Kerry only have time for the Navy because keeping track of every ship in every unit of every fleet would be a full time job. Now that you explained it, why it's, it's it's STILL A CROCK OF SHIT!

Look Idiot, POTUS will get involved in some VERY CRITICAL items of high priority in the National Interest like the takedown of OBL. Sure Obama probably had some input in that matter. But as a routine responsibility, POTUS has already delegated authority down the chain below the CNO! You want to continue to play the fool and retain the distinct title of Armchair Admiral, go ahead make a fool of yourself!

A tip, never start a post with "OH I get it now," you know you're wrong before you make a point.

So shooting down a Russian jet in a war game in the former soviet union is a "routine responsibility." It's all over the world news, but hey, no matter for the President, just a ship's captain. Wow, you're nuts. Is that what you're getting disability for? Did you get Klinger's section 8?

A tip, never start a post with "OH I get it now," you know you're wrong before you make a point.

So shooting down a Russian jet in a war game in the former soviet union is a "routine responsibility." It's all over the world news, but hey, no matter for the President, just a ship's captain. Wow, you're nuts. Is that what you're getting disability for? Did you get Klinger's section 8?
Absurdity is your only strong point unless one considers your lack of logical discourse. Well, there is you penchant for playing Commander of the Armchair brigade!

I've got better things to do than trade insults with an IDIOT, so Have a Nice Day Masturbator in Chief!

Forum List

Back