Judge declines to marry same sex on religious grounds

No, it's not. Marriage is a sacrament BEFORE GOD and it can take place anywhere, and any marriage IS a sacrament. If it isn't, it's sacrilege.

Get it yet? YOU DON'T DICTATE OUR RELIGION TO US.
You dont dictate our laws to us.

Your religion is wholly irrelevant in the case of state marrage.
actually, since marriage as defined is a religious sacrement, its the state that does not get to define it for the Christians.

Marriage isn't defined as a religious sacrament. Invalidating your entire premise.
Marriage is a religious sacrement, your lack of relgious knowledge does not make reality invalid.
civil unions could be considered non religious, however the ceremony that goes with a marriage is religious
No, marriage is a religious sacriment...IF YOURE RELIGIOUS.

ill be going to vegas in April for my cousins very non religious MARRIAGE

And if you're religious, you should not be forced to participate in what you see as sacrilege. And if you aren't religious, you shouldn't care if Christians abstain from endorsing your disgusting parody of a sacrament.

Marriage, to Christians, is a sacrament. This is why we objected to the state redefining it. And your insistence that BECAUSE the state has redefined it, it can't be sacrilege and therefore Christians must accommodate and participate in it, is exactly why we object so vehemently to the SCOTUS ruling. YOU DON'T DICTATE OUR FAITH TO US. You don't think it's sacrilege..you go ahead and marry your brother, your mother, your dog...perform the marriage of the two faggots next door, we don't care. BUT WE AREN'T GOING TO DO IT. And no law will ever compel us to.
Marriage is a sacrament IN A CHURCH. My marriage, by a Judge who was my friend, was not a sacrament. Oh, and by they way, fuck you for your bigotry. There is no war on Christianity; there is a war on pricks like you who pervert a religion about love into one about hate.

No, it's not. Marriage is a sacrament BEFORE GOD and it can take place anywhere, and any marriage IS a sacrament. If it isn't, it's sacrilege.

actually, since marriage as defined is a religious sacrement, its the state that does not get to define it for the Christians.
the state on the other hand has every right to make rules that govern civil unions.

Christians view any marriage they participate in as a sacrament.

The problem with redefining marriage is that in redefining marriage, and then determining this new definition has civil rights attached to it, the state is forcing Christians to commit sacrilege, or be penalized under the law. Which is why we objected in the first place. And it's only been how many days???? And you see the screechers already calling for the heads of Christians if they don't participate and endorse.
Christians dont wish death on people.

The sin youve committed is worse than gay marriage.....

You are lower on the religious totem pole than gays. Thats what you get for losing your shit, faux christian.

Marriage isn't defined as a religious sacrament. Invalidating your entire premise.
Marriage is a religious sacrement, your lack of relgious knowledge does not make reality invalid.
civil unions could be considered non religious, however the ceremony that goes with a marriage is religious

Ok, so the judge is religious, therefore its a religious sacriment to him. forcing him to perform it is violating his rights. to threaten to fire him for not performing it would also be a violation.

Marriage is a sacrament IN A CHURCH. My marriage, by a Judge who was my friend, was not a sacrament. Oh, and by they way, fuck you for your bigotry. There is no war on Christianity; there is a war on pricks like you who pervert a religion about love into one about hate.

the state on the other hand has every right to make rules that govern civil unions.

The problem with redefining marriage is that in redefining marriage, and then determining this new definition has civil rights attached to it, the state is forcing Christians to commit sacrilege, or be penalized under the law. Which is why we objected in the first place. And it's only been how many days???? And you see the screechers already calling for the heads of Christians if they don't participate and endorse.

You are lower on the religious totem pole than gays. Thats what you get for losing your shit, faux christian.

Of course Christians wish death on people. Every day.

My problem isn't with queers. It's with the morons who think Christians should be subjugated. I'm ready for them to die and be judged and go to hell. I'm tired of dealing with their tripe. Everybody is.

And if you're religious, you should not be forced to participate in what you see as sacrilege.

If your religion makes it impossible for you to do your job....get another job.

And if you're religious, you should not be forced to participate in what you see as sacrilege. And if you aren't religious, you shouldn't care if Christians abstain from endorsing your disgusting parody of a sacrament.
1. Youre not christian as you wish death on people.

2. Your freedom of religion doesnt preclude you from duties as an employee.

My problem isn't with queers. It's with the morons who think Christians should be subjugated.

If 'wishing death on people' is what you managed to pull out of Christianity, you officially suck at your religion.

My problem isn't with queers. It's with the morons who think Christians should be subjugated.
No they dont.

No days.

Only fake ones.

Believe me, gays who have good hearts will get into heaven WAY faster than your sad, sadistic and mean spirited ass.

Ok, so the judge is religious, therefore its a religious sacriment to him. forcing him to perform it is violating his rights. to threaten to fire him for not performing it would also be a violation.

He's not forced to perform it. He can choose not to....and be impeached. As his religious conviction makes it impossible for him to do his job.

No they dont.

No days.

Only fake ones.

Believe me, gays who have good hearts will get into heaven WAY faster than your sad, sadistic and mean spirited ass.
both sins are equal.

1. You don't decide who is Christian and who isn't.
2. Our constitution precludes you from forcing me to participate in sacrilege.

And you really don't understand the nature of judge-ship, do you? It's pretty obvious. Most criminals don't.

How so? The last wedding I went to was performed by a notary. There was nothing religious about the ceremony.

1. You don't decide who is Christian and who isn't.
2. Our constitution precludes you from forcing me to participate in sacrilege.

And you really don't understand the nature of judge-ship, do you? It's pretty obvious. Most criminals don't.
You do soeak for criminals now, since youre a wanna be murderer and hoping people would die soon, faux christian.

He's not forced to perform it. He can choose not to....and be impeached. As his religious conviction makes it impossible for him to do his job.
so threats from the government against someone due to their religion is acceptable to you?
I would think that would be a violation of his written constitutional rights.

How so? The last wedding I went to was performed by a notary. There was nothing religious about the ceremony.
Then that is a civil union, not a Marriage. Consider it more of a contract.

so threats from the government against someone due to their religion is acceptable to you?
I would think that would be a violation of his written constitutional rights.
Umm.....

You are free to leave any job you wish due to religious reasons....therefore, no violation has occurred.

Imagine if SCOTUS, current members are all Christian, decided they wouldn't rule on SSM because SSM was against their religion.

What would be the point of the USA?
what if the supreme court stopped ruling based on law and started ruling based on personal feelings and desires.. oh wait, thats what they are doing now.
If they were ruling based on feelings they would have ruled that same sex marriage can be outlawed because that is their feeling from their belief in the bible.
would you rule against it? do you think I would?
how do you know that the judges would have ruled against it, so far they have been kissing obamas black ass on everything they rule on. law be damned.
If you wouldn't have ruled against it and I wouldn't have ruled against it you can be pretty sure that the most constitutional ruling was given. So they were not relying on their feelings.

Judges are public employees.

What next? They don't like Jews so they refuse to marry a Jew on religious grounds?
Or maybe their Bible tells them they can't be marrying blacks and whites.
Or...maybe they should suck it up, do their job like any of the rest of us who serve the public have to and be thankful others can now enjoy the same benefits of marriage that he can.

Funny thing about "religious" grounds - there isn't a damn thing in the scriptures about same-sex marriage.
Funny how you people think the Bill of Rights doesn't apply when somebody is an employee of government or opens a business.

Its the Bill of Rights that prevents the State from imposing a specific religion upon unwilling people. And the judge is a representative of the State, a gate keeper of state authority. And he's using his religious beliefs as a basis of denying couples state services they have a constitutional and legal right to.

That's a violation of the Establishment Clause.
Marriage is an elective power of a judge, not a duty.....or did it never occur to you to wonder why the only consequences he's facing is a few calls for impeachment from rabid Leftists? Sorry, you can't force people to accept your lifestyle. Get used to freedom because it's not going away any time soon.

Judges are public employees.

What next? They don't like Jews so they refuse to marry a Jew on religious grounds?
Or maybe their Bible tells them they can't be marrying blacks and whites.
Or...maybe they should suck it up, do their job like any of the rest of us who serve the public have to and be thankful others can now enjoy the same benefits of marriage that he can.

Funny thing about "religious" grounds - there isn't a damn thing in the scriptures about same-sex marriage.
Funny how you people think the Bill of Rights doesn't apply when somebody is an employee of government or opens a business.

Its the Bill of Rights that prevents the State from imposing a specific religion upon unwilling people. And the judge is a representative of the State, a gate keeper of state authority. And he's using his religious beliefs as a basis of denying couples state services they have a constitutional and legal right to.

That's a violation of the Establishment Clause.
Marriage is an elective power of a judge, not a duty.....or did it never occur to you to wonder why the only consequences he's facing is a few calls for impeachment from rabid Leftists? Sorry, you can't force people to accept your lifestyle. Get used to freedom because it's not going away any time soon.
That's been explained to the tards repeatedly. I think they just don't read. It's like they get something in their head, and they just spew and spew and spew without ever absorbing anything at all.

Forum List

Back