Judge Merchan's Letter to Trump Trial Lawyers Raises Eyebrows

What new information?

That someone said they had a cousin who talked about the verdict?

The judge notified both defense and prosecution (as was appropriate), what is the outcome of checking?
  • Is this guy a troll and has no association with the jury?
  • Is he related to a member of the jury?
  • Has he been brought before the Judge in the presence of the defense and prosecution and questioned under oath?
  • Have the jury members been contacted to see if they even know who this guy is and if they are related?
  • Have the jury members been questioned by the Judge, defense, and prosecution under oath to see if they had any such conversation?

* * IF * * the guy is real (which it appears he's not just an internet troll) and is related to a juror and if such a conversation took place, then I agree a mistrial is in order. Then restart the trial. If it's BS, then their is no mistrial and the verdict stands.

WW
Yes, that the jury had decided how to vote prior to the case being over, and moreover discussed it publicly with family

Yes, that the jury had decided how to vote prior to the case being over, and moreover discussed it publicly with family

And your evidence of "discussed it publicly with family" other than one Facebook post by an unknown person. Have results of the judges, defense, and prosecution investigation into the matter been released and I'm just not aware? (Which is a possibility.)

Or

Is it you are just taking as gospel some rando posting on Facebook?

WW

And your evidence of "discussed it publicly with family" other than one Facebook post by an unknown person. Have results of the judges, defense, and prosecution investigation into the matter been released and I'm just not aware? (Which is a possibility.)

Or

Is it you are just taking as gospel some rando posting on Facebook?

WW
The cousin’s Facebook post, that was made while the case was going on. The information that the court just turned over to the attorneys.

The topic of this thread. Read the OP

The cousin’s Facebook post, that was made while the case was going on. The information that the court just turned over to the attorneys.

I did, I've also followed the news and have read the letter the judge wrote to the defense and prosecution.

There was note of the post, what the post said, and the judge is requesting it be checked into.

There has been no confirmation that:
  1. Is the individual even related to a juror, or
  2. That the juror had any such conversation with the person.
You appear take the wild claims of * * MISTRIAL * * at face value, that's not the way it works works in court. The judge, defense, and prosecution will be looking into the matter. If there is cause you can guarantee that the defense will file a mistrial motion and it will be addressed via filings (publicly available) and in an open court hearing on the matter.

But given the images below where the individual (or the court staff) deleted the post and the individuals subsequent post about being a troll and a shitposter - this doesn't appear real.

WW
1717946724698.png

1717946658003.png

1717946691661.png

I did, I've also followed the news and have read the letter the judge wrote to the defense and prosecution.

There was note of the post, what the post said, and the judge is requesting it be checked into.

You appear take the wild claims of * * MISTRIAL * * at face value, that's not the way it works works in court. The judge, defense, and prosecution will be looking into the matter. If there is cause you can guarantee that the defense will file a mistrial motion and it will be addressed via filings (publicly available) and in an open court hearing on the matter.

But given the images below where the individual (or the court staff) deleted the post and the individuals subsequent post about being a troll and a shitposter - this doesn't appear real.

WW
View attachment 959706

View attachment 959704

View attachment 959705
I didn’t say it was confirmed yet. Just said it was the latest issue. I don’t know if the defense has filed a mistrial motion or if the judge will rule on it

The case can’t be appealed until after it’s over. It’s not over til July, where based on this, should toss the case

Yes that’s why the judge could still declare a mistrial based on the new information about the jury being rigged.

Likely won’t though given what we know about this judge

I didn’t say it was confirmed yet. Just said it was the latest issue. I don’t know if the defense has filed a mistrial motion or if the judge will rule on it

Your posts indicate you appeared to accept as factual and the statements made in the post as factual. Until the last one based pointing out that the situation is being looked into and in the hands of the judge, defense and prosecution.

Emphasis added to show where the appearance of assuming the post was true added.

WW

Your posts indicate you appeared to accept as factual and the statements made in the post as factual. Until the last one based pointing out that the situation is being looked into and in the hands of the judge, defense and prosecution.

Emphasis added to show where the appearance of assuming the post was true added.

WW
It appears it happened. It appears pretty clearly the court sent a letter to the attorneys about it. What part of that do you think didn’t happen?

It appears it happened. It appears pretty clearly the court sent a letter to the attorneys about it. What part of that do you think didn’t happen?

Depends on what "it" you are referring to.

If you mean "it" the post, oh absolutely the post was made, the judge eventually notified, and he's enlisted the help of the defense and prosecution to check into it. So I believe "it" happened.

If you mean "it" (as in the contents of the post) the man was a cousin of a juror and the juror discussed the case with the "cousin" and told the "cousin" that the jury had already decided?
  • The logic side of my brain given only the post and the judges letter on Friday says "I don't know". The investigation outcome has not been reported officially.
  • The gut side of my brain given the individuals (a) posting history, (b) self proclamation of being a troll and shitposter, (c) and apparent retraction of the original post? I'm going with this is a nothing burger that got Trump supporters all ramped up. The troll succeeded in his desired outcome.
WW

Depends on what "it" you are referring to.

If you mean "it" the post, oh absolutely the post was made, the judge eventually notified, and he's enlisted the help of the defense and prosecution to check into it. So I believe "it" happened.

If you mean "it" (as in the contents of the post) the man was a cousin of a juror and the juror discussed the case with the "cousin" and told the "cousin" that the jury had already decided?
  • The logic side of my brain given only the post and the judges letter on Friday says "I don't know". The investigation outcome has not been reported officially.
  • The gut side of my brain given the individuals (a) posting history, (b) self proclamation of being a troll and shitposter, (c) and apparent retraction of the original post? I'm going with this is a nothing burger that got Trump supporters all ramped up. The troll succeeded in his desired outcome.
WW
Well it’s the post, and what it says happened

Well it’s the post, and what it says happened

OK.

The post happened. I believe that is true.

The contents of the post I don't believe happened given his own apparent admission that it was a trolling shit post.

WW

WW
View attachment 959706

View attachment 959704

View attachment 959705

Desperation!

LOL

OK.

The post happened. I believe that is true.

The contents of the post I don't believe happened given his own apparent admission that it was a trolling shit post.

WW
He’s admission? When was he questioned? Or are you basing it off some random person Facebook page?

He’s admission? When was he questioned? Or are you basing it off some random person Facebook page?

Oh, now you want questioning.

LOLz

Go up thread. The same medium as the original posting where he deleted his court post and told the pubic he was a troll.

Yes his admission.

WW

Oh, now you want questioning.

LOLz

Go up thread. The same medium as the original posting where he deleted his court post and told the pubic he was a troll.

Yes his admission.

WW
You don’t? I have never suggested the attorneys shouldn’t file a motion and the judge should on his own call a mistrial

Forum List

Back