Judge presiding in Trump U case is.... LaRaza

Yeah, I don't think it goes anywhere. Not for damages for people who willfully bought in. I am assuming Trump had the usual disclaimers, e.g. results you see on tv are not typical and depend on the individual and market factors.

The NY attorney general's suit may have teeth though.

Yeah, I don't think it goes anywhere. Not for damages for people who willfully bought in. I am assuming Trump had the usual disclaimers, e.g. results you see on tv are not typical and depend on the individual and market factors.

The NY attorney general's suit may have teeth though.

After this is over, perhaps someone can put a cardboard cut out of the seal of the President and have Drumpf pose for pictures behind it.

Seems appropriate.

Donald Trump on Thursday escalated his attacks on the federal judge presiding over civil fraud lawsuits against Trump University, amid criticism from legal observers who say the presumptive GOP presidential nominee’s comments are an unusual affront on an independent judiciary.

In an interview, Mr. Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Mr. Trump said the background of the judge, who was born in Indiana to Mexican immigrants, was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” Mr. Trump said. ...

For judges, being criticized for rulings comes with the territory, but court watchers say it is a degree far different when the critic could win the nation’s highest office, is involved in a pending case and references the judge's ethnicity.

University of Pennsylvania law professor Stephen Burbank said it was “absolute nonsense” that the judge shouldn’t be able to preside over the case because of his ethnicity.

“If this continues, I would hope that some prominent federal judges would set Mr. Trump straight on what’s appropriate and what’s not in our democracy,” Mr. Burbank said.

Ronald Rotunda, a professor at Chapman University School of Law in Orange, Calif., noted that whatever Mr. Trump’s grievances, his lawyers haven’t filed any motion asking for the case to be reassigned to a different judge. If Mr. Trump has a problem with the judge, “that’s the legitimate way” to register a complaint, he said.​

Donald Trump Keeps Up Attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel

I guess we can only have judges who have the same political opinions and are of the same ethnicity as the defendants.

Donald Trump on Thursday escalated his attacks on the federal judge presiding over civil fraud lawsuits against Trump University, amid criticism from legal observers who say the presumptive GOP presidential nominee’s comments are an unusual affront on an independent judiciary.

In an interview, Mr. Trump said U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel had “an absolute conflict” in presiding over the litigation given that he was “of Mexican heritage” and a member of a Latino lawyers’ association. Mr. Trump said the background of the judge, who was born in Indiana to Mexican immigrants, was relevant because of his campaign stance against illegal immigration and his pledge to seal the southern U.S. border. “I’m building a wall. It’s an inherent conflict of interest,” Mr. Trump said. ...

For judges, being criticized for rulings comes with the territory, but court watchers say it is a degree far different when the critic could win the nation’s highest office, is involved in a pending case and references the judge's ethnicity.

University of Pennsylvania law professor Stephen Burbank said it was “absolute nonsense” that the judge shouldn’t be able to preside over the case because of his ethnicity.

“If this continues, I would hope that some prominent federal judges would set Mr. Trump straight on what’s appropriate and what’s not in our democracy,” Mr. Burbank said.

Ronald Rotunda, a professor at Chapman University School of Law in Orange, Calif., noted that whatever Mr. Trump’s grievances, his lawyers haven’t filed any motion asking for the case to be reassigned to a different judge. If Mr. Trump has a problem with the judge, “that’s the legitimate way” to register a complaint, he said.​

Donald Trump Keeps Up Attacks on Judge Gonzalo Curiel

I guess we can only have judges who have the same political opinions and are of the same ethnicity as the defendants.

I clicked on one of the other links that is related to Trump. Donald Trump Warns Republicans Who Don’t Support Him

Trump's way of "uniting the party" is to attack anyone who doesn't unite with him. So, he's alienating those people who don't support him and expects them to join with him through alienating them.

This guy wants to be your president.

You racist pigs will believe anything that fits your pig view of the world.

Haters gonna hate.

That's all there is to say.
My DIL is mexican you dumb ####
The court appointed lawyers donated to the clintons and moveon.org, Is that racist to?
Please respond.
why do you think that matters?

and they aren't 'court appointed'

Just thought I'd throw this out there:

This New York Times article says that Judge Curiel's father Salvador arrived in the United States in the 1920s, eventually becoming a citizen and working as a steelworker. Trump's mother, Mary Anne MacLeod, arrived in the United States from Scotland in 1930. Mary Anne became a US citizen in 1942.

Since Trump and his parents have been major public figure for decades, we have more details about them than the Curiels. But even a brief bit of research says that Judge Curiel's father's immigration to the United States predates that of Trump's mother.

Josh Marshall

Tapper again pressed Trump on his personal attacks. “You're invoking his race talking about whether or not he can do his job,” he said.

“Jake, I'm building a wall. OK? I'm building a wall. I'm trying to keep business out of Mexico. Mexico's fine!" he said.

Tapper reminded Trump that Curiel, who was born in Indiana, is American.

“He's of Mexican heritage and he's very proud of it, as I am,” Trump replied.

Later on, Tapper again asked Trump if invoking Curiel’s heritage is necessary in criticizing the judge’s handling of the case, to which the real estate mogul said, “I think that's why he's doing it.”

He tried to spell it out again for Tapper, saying, “We are building a wall. He's a Mexican. We're building a wall between here and Mexico.”

Trump Spells Out Judge Attacks: 'We're Building A Wall. He's A Mexican'

Please proceed, wingnuts. :)

In a few months there's be a special place for La Raza judges.

On the far side of the wall.

By private air transport - no TSA delays for our "special" jurists....

trebuchet2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back