Judge Roy Moore defies feds: 'Law is very clear'

Pretty telling that the only two people defending this judge are easily in the top five in terms of dumbest posters I've encountered on these boards.

Seriously, that says all you need to know.
You are easily the most incompetent poster here. Your knowledge base and ability to reason are close to nil. A salad bowl is a tougher competitor.

wow, you get your ass kicked by salad bowls too?

Not gonna waste my time - Rabbi, Steve - you guys are gonna have to up your game before you get to debate with me again.
Translation: I'm getting my ass kicked because I am posting stupid garbage.
The 14th A is irrelevant here. No one is being denied any rights. The 10th is explicit that states have power over whatever was not delegated to the feds. That includes marriage, which has always been a state issue.

What if people vote to ban private ownership of guns?

Yeah, there are Constitutional protections that are not subject to vote.
Arms are explicitly mentioned in the Constitution. Marriage is not.
SCOTUS and the majority of Americans disagree with you.

Your lame arguments are no better here than they have been in court.

Try again.
Where is the power to regulate marriage given to the federal government in the Constitution? Why can you not answer the question?

I have many times brainiac
14th amendment
14th Amendment doesn't apply. Only the 9th and 10th Amendments.

Tell us what the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means, and how it applies.

Try again.
Where is the power to regulate marriage given to the federal government in the Constitution? Why can you not answer the question?

14th amendment
14th Amendment doesn't apply. Only the 9th anf 10th Amendments.

Says you. The federal judiciary has found many times that the 14th amendment does apply.

And the USSC has preserved every federal court ruling that overturned gay marriage bans on the basis of the violation of the 14th amendment.

Romer v. Evans already found that the withholding rights from gays is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. 15 years ago. And yet you're still arguing that the 14th doesn't apply.

You're clueless.

So you want to strip the citizens of their right to vote?

Try again.

The Constitution has the power to enforce equal treatment under the law. That's all the power it needs.
There is equal treatment. This has been shown over and over.
Try again.

Try again.

14th amendment

Tell us what the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution means, and how it applies.
That the federal government's laws supercedes those of the states.
WHen has Congress passed a law defining marriage that is still law?

The Constitutional Law that covers this Alabama case are the 9th and 10th ammendment only. Not one word in the 14th covers Marriage

The 14th A is irrelevant here. No one is being denied any rights.

Says you. The courts have overwhelmingly contradicted you. The prohibition of gay marriage by the States must past constitutional muster. And in virtually every case before the courts, they have found that it failed.

You say otherwise. So what? You're nobody

Pretty telling that the only two people defending this judge are easily in the top five in terms of dumbest posters I've encountered on these boards.

You are easily the most incompetent poster here. Your knowledge base and ability to reason are close to nil. A salad bowl is a tougher competitor.

Not gonna waste my time - Rabbi, Steve - you guys are gonna have to up your game before you get to debate with me again.
The 14th A is irrelevant here. No one is being denied any rights. The 10th is explicit that states have power over whatever was not delegated to the feds. That includes marriage, which has always been a state issue.

Tell us in your own words what this portion of the 10th Amendment means:

"nor prohibited by it to the States"

Try again.

14th amendment

Says you. The federal judiciary has found many times that the 14th amendment does apply.

And the USSC has preserved every federal court ruling that overturned gay marriage bans on the basis of the violation of the 14th amendment.

Romer v. Evans already found that the withholding rights from gays is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. 15 years ago. And yet you're still arguing that the 14th doesn't apply.

You're clueless.

And anyone who has spent more than 30 minutes on these boards knows how clueless these two are.

Don't waste your time. Jesus called it "Casting your pearls before swine...."

The Constitutional Law that covers this Alabama case are the 9th and 10th ammendment only. Not one word in the 14th covers Marriage

The 14th amendment covers equal protection under the law for US citizens. All US citizens. All laws. If any state marriage law violates the equal protection clause, its invalid.

Same sex couples are being denied the right to enter into the contractual agreement that opposite sex couples are allowed to enter into,

and thus are being singled out to be denied any benefits that contract provides.

Tell us in your own words what this portion of the 10th Amendment means:

"nor prohibited by it to the States"
The Constitution grants powers to the federal government on an exclusive basis. A state cannot, for example, have its own patent laws.
Next.

Same sex couples are being denied the right to enter into the contractual agreement that opposite sex couples are allowed to enter into,

and thus are being singled out to be denied any benefits that contract provides.
Couples do not have rights. Individuals have rights.

Try again.

14th amendment

That the federal government's laws supercedes those of the states.
WHen has Congress passed a law defining marriage that is still law?

The basis of the Alabama gay marriage ban being overturned wasn't 'federal marriage law'. It was a violation of the 14th amendment. You say its irrelevant. The federal court found it was immediately relevant. And that ruling went all the way to the Supreme Court and was never overruled.

Demonstrating yet again that you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Try again.

14th amendment

You're clueless.

And anyone who has spent more than 30 minutes on these boards knows how clueless these two are.

Translation: WhaHHHH! Im getting hurt here. Help!

Same sex couples are a pair of individuals. If you can't figure that out, then you're clearly not sufficiently informed to comment intelligently on the topic.

14th amendment

You're clueless.

Translation: WhaHHHH! Im getting hurt here. Help!

Laughing...we're fine. Our side is winning! As the courts have ruled that the 14th amendment does apply dozens of times. You're going to need to bring some major evidence that the 14th doesn't apply, given how you've been contradicted by the courts with almost perfect consistency.

States give couples rights when they pass laws that offer potential benefit to couples. Once the state has taken that step, they are subject to comply with the Constitutional mandates on equal protection.

Forum List

Back