Judge Roy Moore defies feds: 'Law is very clear'

The 14th A is irrelevant here. No one is being denied any rights.

The courts have overwhelmingly contradicted you.

y
Judicial activist rogue judges that is who are repeatingly ignoring the status quo and will of the voters who've cast their votes opposing same sex marriages.

Upholding individual rights isn't 'judicial activism'. Its what the court is supposed to do.

The validity of a ruling has nothing to do with its agreement with you or your interpretations of the constitution.

y
Judicial activist rogue judges that is who are repeatingly ignoring the status quo and will of the voters who've cast their votes opposing same sex marriages.

Voters have cast their votes for Presidents and for Senators, who are the authorities for naming Supreme Court Justices.

The voters have had their say in who goes on the Supreme Court.

y
Judicial activist rogue judges that is who are repeatingly ignoring the status quo and will of the voters who've cast their votes opposing same sex marriages in overwhelming numbers. .

Voters in one state can wish that blacks could be legally discriminated against. Their will is irrelevant.

I'm surprised this isn't blowing up all over the web. It's such a hot topic, whether you agree or disagree. In Alabama, a same-sex marriage fight is upon us. Last month, a federal judge struck down the state's law against the unions. But Sunday night, "in a dramatic show of defiance toward the federal judiciary, Chief JusticeRoy S. Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court ordered the state’s probate judges not to issue marriage licenses to gay couples on Monday, the day same-sex marriages were expected to begin."

The Phantom Diaries Alabama Objects to Gay Marriage
I don't think it's being discussed much because not a single person in the world is surprised that Alabama, the butthole of America, is on the wrong side of history yet again.

And when blacks and Hispanics voted no to gay marriage in California? I mean come on I could see that happening in Alabama but how do you explain that in California the liberal freak show state in the union.
Ignorance isn't exclusive to the deep south. It's just more prevalent.
In the Deep South, we've been taught that mouths and anuses are not reproductive organs.
Was that before or after the lesson about how humans rode on dinosaurs?

y
Judicial activist rogue judges that is who are repeatingly ignoring the status quo and will of the voters who've cast their votes opposing same sex marriages in overwhelming numbers. .

Unless they cast enough votes for a constitutional amendment, the 14th amendment says we all have equal protection under the law.

You are easily the most incompetent poster here. Your knowledge base and ability to reason are close to nil. A salad bowl is a tougher competitor.

wow, you get your ass kicked by salad bowls too?

Not gonna waste my time - Rabbi, Steve - you guys are gonna have to up your game before you get to debate with me again.
Translation: I'm getting my ass kicked because I am posting stupid garbage.
The 14th A is irrelevant here. No one is being denied any rights. The 10th is explicit that states have power over whatever was not delegated to the feds. That includes marriage, which has always been a state issue.

Same sex couples are being denied the right to enter into the contractual agreement that opposite sex couples are allowed to enter into,

and thus are being singled out to be denied any benefits that contract provides.
Couples do not have rights. Individuals have rights.

States give couples rights when they pass laws that offer potential benefit to couples. Once the state has taken that step, they are subject to comply with the Constitutional mandates on equal protection.
No, states grant privileges, not rights. Your argument sucks, and it conflates a "right to marriage" with the benefits that accrue from that right.
Total fail.

y

Unless they cast enough votes for a constitutional amendment, the 14th amendment says we all have equal protection under the law.
And they do.
Unless you want to argue that single people are entitled to the same privileges that married people are.

wow, you get your ass kicked by salad bowls too?

Not gonna waste my time - Rabbi, Steve - you guys are gonna have to up your game before you get to debate with me again.
Translation: I'm getting my ass kicked because I am posting stupid garbage.
The 14th A is irrelevant here. No one is being denied any rights. The 10th is explicit that states have power over whatever was not delegated to the feds. That includes marriage, which has always been a state issue.

Same sex couples are being denied the right to enter into the contractual agreement that opposite sex couples are allowed to enter into,

and thus are being singled out to be denied any benefits that contract provides.
Couples do not have rights. Individuals have rights.

States give couples rights when they pass laws that offer potential benefit to couples. Once the state has taken that step, they are subject to comply with the Constitutional mandates on equal protection.
No, states grant privileges, not rights. Your argument sucks, and it conflates a "right to marriage" with the benefits that accrue from that right.
Total fail.

Marriage is a right. So says the USSC.

You're wrong again.

y

And they do.
Unless you want to argue that single people are entitled to the same privileges that married people are.

Strawman. Gays want to enter into marriage as a couple, just like straight folks do. Making your 'single person' idiocy just another hopeless effort.

You know what's coming, Rabbi. You know the court will rule against you. You're just floundering now.

I'm surprised this isn't blowing up all over the web. It's such a hot topic, whether you agree or disagree. In Alabama, a same-sex marriage fight is upon us. Last month, a federal judge struck down the state's law against the unions. But Sunday night, "in a dramatic show of defiance toward the federal judiciary, Chief JusticeRoy S. Moore of the Alabama Supreme Court ordered the state’s probate judges not to issue marriage licenses to gay couples on Monday, the day same-sex marriages were expected to begin."

I don't think it's being discussed much because not a single person in the world is surprised that Alabama, the butthole of America, is on the wrong side of history yet again.

And when blacks and Hispanics voted no to gay marriage in California? I mean come on I could see that happening in Alabama but how do you explain that in California the liberal freak show state in the union.
In the Deep South, we've been taught that mouths and anuses are not reproductive organs.
Modern Christianity:
dinocrane_1728734a.gif

Wait.....you think sex is only for reproduction?

Modern Christianity:
dinocrane_1728734a.gif
:rofl:

oh good - more people to bellow out the same debunked lines over and over no matter how many times their proven wrong.

Isn't THAT fun.

oh good - more people to bellow out the same debunked lines over and over no matter how many times their proven wrong.

Isn't THAT fun.

What else can they do? All they've got left are the excuses for why they lost.

Forum List

Back