Judge Roy Moore defies feds: 'Law is very clear'

Arms are explicitly mentioned in the Constitution. Marriage is not.
SCOTUS and the majority of Americans disagree with you.

Your lame arguments are no better here than they have been in court.

Try again.
Where is the power to regulate marriage given to the federal government in the Constitution? Why can you not answer the question?

I have many times brainiac
14th amendment
14th Amendment doesn't apply. Only the 9th anf 10th Amendments.

Romer v. Evans already found that the withholding rights from gays is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. 15 years ago.
Not when it comes to marriage specifically.

Try again.
Where is the power to regulate marriage given to the federal government in the Constitution? Why can you not answer the question?

14th amendment

Romer v. Evans already found that the withholding rights from gays is a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment. 15 years ago.

Why would marriage be any different than any other right? You keep making up these imaginary exclusions, caveats and restrictions that are complete bullshit.

You started by insisting that 14th amendment only applied to issues of race and citizenship. That was bullshit.

You then insisted that the 14th amendment doesn't apply to gays. That was bullshit.

And now you're insisting that the 14th amendment doesn't apply to marriage. The courts already applied it to marriage. So bullshit cubed.

Damn. If you'd been offering us answers at random the law of averages would have mandated you get something right by now. But astonishingly, you've managed to be perfectly wrong.

Pretty telling that the only two people defending this judge are easily in the top five in terms of dumbest posters I've encountered on these boards.

Seriously, that says all you need to know.
You are easily the most incompetent poster here. Your knowledge base and ability to reason are close to nil. A salad bowl is a tougher competitor.

wow, you get your ass kicked by salad bowls too?

Not gonna waste my time - Rabbi, Steve - you guys are gonna have to up your game before you get to debate with me again.
Translation: I'm getting my ass kicked because I am posting stupid garbage.
The 14th A is irrelevant here. No one is being denied any rights. The 10th is explicit that states have power over whatever was not delegated to the feds. That includes marriage, which has always been a state issue.

Tell us in your own words what this portion of the 10th Amendment means:

"nor prohibited by it to the States"
The Constitution grants powers to the federal government on an exclusive basis. A state cannot, for example, have its own patent laws.
Next.
roe v wade would be a good example. if it were overturned the power would just revert back to the states.
Google

it's really quite elegant in it's simplicity.

I don't think it's being discussed much because not a single person in the world is surprised that Alabama, the butthole of America, is on the wrong side of history yet again.

And when blacks and Hispanics voted no to gay marriage in California? I mean come on I could see that happening in Alabama but how do you explain that in California the liberal freak show state in the union.
Ignorance isn't exclusive to the deep south. It's just more prevalent.
In the Deep South, we've been taught that mouths and anuses are not reproductive organs.
Was that before or after the lesson about how humans rode on dinosaurs?
Modern Christianity:
dinocrane_1728734a.gif
What does that supposed to mean to me?

oh good - more people to bellow out the same debunked lines over and over no matter how many times their proven wrong.

Isn't THAT fun.
So why do you continue to do it?

Because we're right and we're winning. The courts findings are consistent with our arguments (though in fairness, the reverse is probably more true). And the court's actions are consistent with our arguments.

Where you've been contradicted by virtually every ruling the court's made on this issue.

You are easily the most incompetent poster here. Your knowledge base and ability to reason are close to nil. A salad bowl is a tougher competitor.

Not gonna waste my time - Rabbi, Steve - you guys are gonna have to up your game before you get to debate with me again.
The 14th A is irrelevant here. No one is being denied any rights. The 10th is explicit that states have power over whatever was not delegated to the feds. That includes marriage, which has always been a state issue.

The Constitution grants powers to the federal government on an exclusive basis. A state cannot, for example, have its own patent laws.
Next.
roe v wade would be a good example. if it were overturned the poiwer would just revert back to the states.
Google

Can I take it from your awkward transition to abortion, that you've pretty much given up on the topic of gay marriage?

Next.
roe v wade would be a good example. if it were overturned the poiwer would just revert back to the states.
Google
Roe invented a right that didnt exist and gave it to the federal government. Prior to that states did regulate abortion. They still do, in the context of Roe's strictures.

Doesn't matter - you cannot vote away another person's civil rights.
Marriage is not a civil right.
Equal protection of the laws is. Married gays want the same government cash and prizes awarded to married couples by law.

That is all this is about.
And they canhave them! All they have to do is marry somone one of the opposite sex. Just like straight people!
As Loving V. Virginia made clear, the restriction to marriage itself has to meet constitutional muster. IT has to have serve a valid legislative end, serve a legitimate state interest and have a very good reason.

Gay marriage bans fail all three.

14th amendment

Why would marriage be any different than any other right? You keep making up these imaginary exclusions, caveats and restrictions that are complete bullshit.

You started by insisting that 14th amendment only applied to issues of race and citizenship. That was bullshit.

You then insisted that the 14th amendment doesn't apply to gays. That was bullshit.

And now you're insisting that the 14th amendment doesn't apply to marriage. The courts already applied it to marriage. So bullshit cubed.

Damn. If you'd been offering us answers at random the law of averages would have mandated you get something right by now. But astonishingly, you've managed to be perfectly wrong.
Equal protection my ass then why isn't group marriages legal? Why isn't polygamy legal? your argument doesn't hold water.

Try again.

14th amendment

When equal protection is the subject, it applies. In this case, it applies to marriage.

A federal judge has ruled on this, and it is now law. Unless you expect SCOTUS to overturn it.

14th amendment

Equal protection my ass then why isn't group marriages legal? Why isn't polygamy legal? your argument doesn't hold water.

Because no other group is afforded group marriages or polygamy. That is the point. When you single out one group and deny them protection that is afforded everyone else, and you have no valid reason for doing so, the feds step in and correct the problem.

Forum List

Back