Judge rules Charlottesville statues as war memorials, protected by state

What a bunch of bullshit. Trying to remove statues that have been there for decades if not longer.

Someone needs to have their political correctness shoved up their ass.

good---(I mean the judge----not the "angry mob") It is silly and
on the level of racism to smear every southerner---DA ENEMEEEEEEEEEEEE) trump was right----some good
people on both sides

The judge is correct
The law in Virginia says only the state can approve removal of confederate monuments

It is a bad law and needs to be changed

how evil a law to protect our history

It should be up to the community to decide what monuments they want on public property

The community decided to approve the monument, they should be able to decide to take it down

Snowflakes crushed.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- A judge has ruled that statues of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas Stonewall Jackson are war monuments and cannot be be removed by the city without approval from the state.

Virginia judge rules Charlottesville confederate statues are war monuments - CNN
Ok.....unlike CRCs here, I always supported the legal method of dealing with these statues...such as having a city council VOTE on such statues on city property.....Going to a court and getting a court ruling is also appropriate....much more so than running a woman down with your car or marching with torches and NAZI flags.

Benedict Arnold is the most infamous traitor, Robert E Lee is the most famous traitor.
So Republicans want more statues of Robert E Lee, but I don’t hear them crying for statues of Benedict Arnold? Do they admire all traitors, or just southern ones?

2327711764_12799bf7ae_b.jpg

America’s Monument to Its Most Infamous Traitor, Benedict Arnold

It should be up to the community to decide what monuments they want on public property

The community decided to approve the monument, they should be able to decide to take it down

Which would allow a backwards town in some forgotten area to erect statutes of local KKK leaders. I wouldn't like that so much.

Snowflakes crushed.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- A judge has ruled that statues of Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Thomas Stonewall Jackson are war monuments and cannot be be removed by the city without approval from the state.

Virginia judge rules Charlottesville confederate statues are war monuments - CNN
Ok.....unlike CRCs here, I always supported the legal method of dealing with these statues...such as having a city council VOTE on such statues on city property.....Going to a court and getting a court ruling is also appropriate....much more so than running a woman down with your car or marching with torches and NAZI flags.

I'm not particularly offended by symbols of mass murder be it the Soviet hammer & sickle, the Nazi swastika, the British union jack, the US, or the Confederacy.

Snowflakes crushed.

I'm not particularly offended by symbols of mass murder be it the Soviet hammer & sickle, the Nazi swastika, the British union jack, the US, or the Confederacy.
That's nice, dear.

Benedict Arnold is the most infamous traitor, Robert E Lee is the most famous traitor.
So Republicans want more statues of Robert E Lee, but I don’t hear them crying for statues of Benedict Arnold? Do they admire all traitors, or just southern ones?

2327711764_12799bf7ae_b.jpg

America’s Monument to Its Most Infamous Traitor, Benedict Arnold

Actually Lee was a worse traitor.

Benedict Arnold founded the US Navy at Whitehall,New York.

He was our best general.

I don't see anything wrong with those Memorials, either.

By the Constitution the State IS the community.

Local governing power flows UP to the the State from the people, and then DOWN to the local governments.

Didn't Virginia also pass (or try to pass) a law that only the state could pass laws involving public accomodation laws? Back during the flap over trannies in the bathroom a couple years ago.

Virginia likes control of its people.

Which would allow a backwards town in some forgotten area to erect statutes of local KKK leaders. I wouldn't like that so much.

Who killed the most & least of the 3 listed?
The KKK
The Confederacy
The USA

KKK killed the least & the USA the most of the 3.

Snowflakes crushed.

Local governments only have the power the State Legislature and Constitution give to them. You are a Citizen of your State and the United States, not of your city, or county, or town.

If the State legislature and Constitution doesn't give the locality the power to do things like this, than no local government nor court can override it.

Forum List

Back