Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

Jonathan Turley is unhappy about Judge Sullivans absurd decisions.

Gateway Pundit

Democrat Law Professor Turley Speaks Out Against Judge Sullivan’s Decision to Bring in Retired Judge, Float Perjury Charge Against Flynn

By Cristina Laila
Published May 13, 2020 at 9:03pm

LINK

and,

“It Is Absolutely Foreign for any Judge to Consider Bringing in another Judge to Co-Pilot a Case!” – Judge Jeanine GOES OFF after Judge Sullivan Goes Rogue with US Law (VIDEO)

LINK

and,

Attorney Sol Wisenberg Drops a Bomb on Judge Sullivan’s Corrupt Actions: “If the Government Wants to Dismiss a Case – The District Court Cannot Refuse to Do So!”

LINK

=====

This is just the beginning of Sullivan's major blunder, one that already garnered several strong rebukes. I think Sullivan's career is going down the tubes for this giant miscarriage of Justice, it is probably illegal.
LOLOL

Oh, no! The rightards on gatewaypundit are freaking out over the Honorable Judge Sullivan! Poor babies.

:itsok:
Turley is a liberal, moron. He voted for Hillary, not Trump.

Good Lord, is there no subject you don't make a fool of yourself on?

He is at liberty to decline the motion and proceed with sentencing, however, it would get appealed right away.

I'm not going to continue to argue with you, as facts do not seem to phase you. I will just ask you to provide a link to confirm your statement.

In the meantime, the judge has:
1) Declared he intends to do something he stated 24 times in this case he would NOT do / allow.

2) Called upon a 2nd Judge, a retired Trump-hating judge who just 2 days ago wrote an anti-Trump Op-Ed, to step in to argue against why the DOJ's dismissal of the case against Flynn should be ignored, a move the vast majority of liberal and conservative judges are calling nearly unprecedented and unheard of.

Sullivan obviously is against dropping the case against Flynn, despite the unethical and criminal acts perpetrated by both the FBI and Mueller prosecutors; however, as an active Judge still on the bench he does not want to personally be the one to make the decision to reject the DOJ's dismissal. He wants the ability to blame / point to someone else, which is where this outside Trump-hating retired judge comes in.

It's Sullivan's job to make the ruling, but he does not have the balls to do it because his personal decision is based on partisanship. He doesn't want it to appear that way; however, by going against what he declared 24 times he would NOT allow in this case and bringing in a Trump-hating former Judge who just wrote an anti-Trump Op-Ed, he is doing everything he can to prove his actions are now politically biased except perhaps for writing it on his forehead.

BOTTOM LINE:

Sullivan is doing the Democrats' bidding right now by taking this action. Sullivan WILL NOT allow this case to drop - MARK MY WORDS. The DOJ appropriately dropping this case allows Flynn to walk without the Left's ability to blame President Trump.

Democrats want to turn the tables and make this decision / case NOT about the unethical and illegal set up and take-down of Flynn by Obama and his FBI. THEY SEEK TO MAKE IT ALL ABOUT PRESIDENT TRUMP BY FORCING HIM TO PARDON FLYNN.

That's the only way the Democrats, Obama, Biden, et al... have any chance of spinning this whole mess they created, any chance they have to save face, and accuse President TRUMP of being the one doing something wrong here, despite the pathetic travesty Sullivan is engaging in right now to make this happen.

THAT IS THE BOTTOM-LINE GOAL NOW FOR THE DEMOCRATS.

lol “descision based on partisanship”??

Flynn broke the law multiple times and pled guilty to this judge. And you think the only thing that could explain a judge thinking that Flynn is in fact guilty is PARTISANSHIP?

This, while while you think career prosecutors getting pushed out to make way for Trump’s AG hand picked political appointee to file “let Flynn go” motion IS NOT political interference in the case???

You are a moron through and through. A brain dead politico tool like I’ve rarely seen.
What laws did he break? List all the statutes he violated antontoo

You continue to make this claim, and have been asked several times to prove it. You can't.

So he calls in an outsider to present some sort of ridiculous argument that Flynn committed perjury when he plead guilty.
Well, Flynn has stated he’s guilty under oath and then he stated he’s not guilty under part, so he would seem to have committed perjury on the face of it.
He wasn't charged with perjury.

Not even a perjury trap. That isn’t the charge.
There is no longer any 'charge' as the DOJ dropped its entire criminal case

Wow you seriously don't know what the fuck is going on- Flynn already pled guilty and DOJ's motion was HALTED.

Yep, HALTED due to CHARGES BEING DROPPED...dumbass.

I see "Thinker" is at it again. :rolleyes:

Flynn's case is still very much open, he can and probably will still get convicted. Let me know what part of that you are too stupid to understand.

Since there are no longer any charges, what will he be convicted for...Einstein.
There are still charges. The DOJ petioned the judge to drop them. It's his decision to make.
No.
The case isn't the judge VS Michael Flynn.

The judge is there only to act as an arbiter of the facts of the case. He doesn't decide who gets charged or who doesn't. That's up to the State.

It’s a good point, and not an easy case. Flynn is already charged and already pled guilty. It’s unheard of that the charges get dropped in this manner without something new coming to light which materially changes the facts and that just hasn’t happened.

I do think the judge is not at liberty to decline the motion, I could be wrong. But I hope that he calls in the DoJ and demand answers about their shenanigans.

He is at liberty to decline the motion and proceed with sentencing, however, it would get appealed right away.

What this judge will do is carefully dismantle DOJ's motion, so DOJ can't claim it wasn't adequately dealt with on appeal.
Appeal what? He pled guilty.

Barr’s team is trying to argue that he pled to non-crime. That the lying to FBI was not illegal because it wasn’t material to the investigation.

Lead prosecutor on this case strongly disagreed and quit right before this motion was filed.Judge has also ruled that the lying was in fact material. He’ll just beat that horse into the ground now before sentencing.
Well the Devil appears to be in the details.....and the Judge is advocating against Flynn for political reasons.
So he calls in an outsider to present some sort of ridiculous argument that Flynn committed perjury when he plead guilty.
Gleason has nothing to do with this case....but the Obama people and the Hillary people want to try to force Trump to pardon Flynn to discredit him.
In truth....the excuse they're using to string this out never has been done before in a criminal trial....only civil suits.
It's really just punishment because the judge doesn't like Flynn.
That's really all this is. Nothing but legal harassment.
Nope, this judge is being consistent. He already rejected this nonsense by Flynn last year when he tried pushing this nonsense.
Yes, he is a consistent political hack.

Judge Sulliven was right when he accused Flynn of being treasonous. Glad he is taking the time to consider this at least.

What TREASON did Flynn commit??

Colluding with Russians.

Nope.. Never was charged with that.. Mueller concluded NO american "colluded with Russia" on Russian election interference.. Talking with Kislyak was HIS DUTY as incoming NSAdvisor on the Transitition team.. He talked on the phone to Kislyak about 5 or 6 times and the FBI Intel Division found NO WRONGDOING..

Try again..
It was not his duty. We already had an NSA.
Do you know WTF a transition team is, Dummy?
Yeah, it's the team not yet in charge.

Wow you seriously don't know what the fuck is going on- Flynn already pled guilty and DOJ's motion was HALTED.

Flynn's case is still very much open, he can and probably will still get convicted. Let me know what part of that you are too stupid to understand.

Since there are no longer any charges, what will he be convicted for...Einstein.
There are still charges. The DOJ petioned the judge to drop them. It's his decision to make.
No.

The judge is there only to act as an arbiter of the facts of the case. He doesn't decide who gets charged or who doesn't. That's up to the State.

It’s a good point, and not an easy case. Flynn is already charged and already pled guilty. It’s unheard of that the charges get dropped in this manner without something new coming to light which materially changes the facts and that just hasn’t happened.

I do think the judge is not at liberty to decline the motion, I could be wrong. But I hope that he calls in the DoJ and demand answers about their shenanigans.

What this judge will do is carefully dismantle DOJ's motion, so DOJ can't claim it wasn't adequately dealt with on appeal.

Barr’s team is trying to argue that he pled to non-crime. That the lying to FBI was not illegal because it wasn’t material to the investigation.

Lead prosecutor on this case strongly disagreed and quit right before this motion was filed.Judge has also ruled that the lying was in fact material. He’ll just beat that horse into the ground now before sentencing.
Well the Devil appears to be in the details.....and the Judge is advocating against Flynn for political reasons.

Horseshit. That's just something you Trump tools like the sound of.

2000 DOJ professionals signed a letter saying that what Barr is doing is a perversion of the justice process.

These are Democrats as well as Republicans who belive DOJ's actions are nothing but political favoritism for Flynn.

I believe Flynn clearly broke the law. Not because of anything about politics, but because on the facts of the case. His lies to FBI were clearly unlawful, clearly established, clearly pled guilty to. If his name was Clinton it would not make a difference as to my opinion. Law breaking is law breaking, plain and simple.

There is only one reason Barr is interfering in such unprecedented ways in Flynn's and Roger Stone cases - they are Trump's personal associates and Barr has absolutely no problem acting like Trump's personal lawyer and putting his thumb on the scale of justice on behalf of Trump.

Last edited:
I believe clearly Flynn broke the law. Not because of anything about politics, but because on the facts of the case. His lies to FBI were clearly unlawful, clearly established, clear pled guilty to.

The FBI agents who reported no criminal evidence found and recommended closing the investigation ... and the FBI Agents who declared they thought Flynn did NOT lie ... say you will believe anything Obama, the Democrats, and the Democrat-crime-facilitating liberal media tell you to.

Jonathan Turley is unhappy about Judge Sullivans absurd decisions.

Gateway Pundit

Democrat Law Professor Turley Speaks Out Against Judge Sullivan’s Decision to Bring in Retired Judge, Float Perjury Charge Against Flynn

By Cristina Laila
Published May 13, 2020 at 9:03pm

LINK

and,

“It Is Absolutely Foreign for any Judge to Consider Bringing in another Judge to Co-Pilot a Case!” – Judge Jeanine GOES OFF after Judge Sullivan Goes Rogue with US Law (VIDEO)

LINK

=====

This is just the beginning of Sullivan's major blunder, one that already garnered several strong rebukes. I think Sullivan's career is going down the tubes for this giant miscarriage of Justice, it is probably illegal.
Pretty bizarre, inviting amicus briefs on the motion at all. Should have sucked it up and ruled on the motion one way or the other.
Pretty bizarre, inviting amicus briefs on the motion at all. Should have sucked it up and ruled on the motion one way or the other.

I believe Sullivan is just trying to get legal opinions other than his own from outside of the case to show how outside the norm this action by the DOJ is as part of the official record. I think he'll sign off on this in a way that makes it possible to bring the charges again at a later date. These briefs will help clarify why that will be justified.

I believe Sullivan is just trying to get legal opinions other than his own from outside of the case to show how outside the norm this action by the DOJ is as part of the official record. I think he'll sign off on this in a way that makes it possible to bring the charges again at a later date. These briefs will help clarify why that will be justified.

If Sullivan wanted to simply get legal opinions from outside the case while NOT looking like a Deep State Trump-hating Douche Bag determined to make sure Flynn's case does not get dismissed and thus force Trump into pardoning Flynn he would not have gone out and tapped THE most current, vocal. public Trump-hating Clinton-appointed Ex-Judge to come in and argue against Flynn and the DOJ for dropping the case based on unethical / illegal acts perpetrated by the FBI and Mueller Prosecutors.

He would have sought someone wit hat least the appearance of objectivity.

IMHO...

"D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

The move attracted immediate criticism -- and a planned ethics complaint against Sullivan, who had previously refused to hear amicus briefs in the case. ("Options exist for a private citizen to express his views about matters of public interest, but the Court's docket is not an available option," Sullivan wrote in the past.)

"Judge Sullivan, who denied leave to file amicus briefs when he knew third parties would have spoken favorably of Flynn, now solicits briefs critical of Flynn," independent journalist Michael Cernovich wrote on Twitter. "This is a violation of the judicial oath and applicable ethical rules."

It appears Sullivan, who viciously rebuked Flynn in court based on the lies presented in court now doesn't want to simply drop the case and walk away with egg on his face.

The easiest thing to do to make this all go away quietly would have been to allow the case to be dropped....but it appears Sullivan wants the circus to continue...

As my degree is in Criminal Justice, not Law, I am quite uncertain, but I believe that Amicus Briefs, are not for criminal, but rather civil cases.
Clearly these communists are exploring the boundaries of our justice system to see what they can get away with.
Clearly these communists are exploring the boundaries of our justice system to see what they can get away with.
I know right. Fucking Barr forced out the Flynn prosecutors so he could bring in his own interim, unconfirmed lackey to file this petition. Outrageous!

I believe clearly Flynn broke the law. Not because of anything about politics, but because on the facts of the case. His lies to FBI were clearly unlawful, clearly established, clear pled guilty to.

The FBI agents who reported no criminal evidence found and recommended closing the investigation ... and the FBI Agents who declared they thought Flynn did NOT lie ... say you will believe anything Obama, the Democrats, and the Democrat-crime-facilitating liberal media tell you to.

More ridiculous horseshit as we've gone over probably around 10 times now.

Here is 11th time, so please stop talking like a fucking idiot with a learning disability:

FBI agents that interviewed Flynn found his BEHAVIOR during the interview did not look like someone who was lying. But there was never a contention that what came out so naturally out of his mouth was not in direct contradiction to his calls with Kysliak. The interview with FBI and Flynn's conversations with Kislyak ARE ON TAPE, and there is absolutely no doubt that Flynn is just very good liar who knows how to not give it away with a body language.

Last edited:

No.

2000 DOJ professionals signed a letter saying that what Barr is doing is a perversion of the justice process.

These are Democrats and well as Republicans who belive DOJ's actions are nothing but political favoritism for Flynn.

I believe Flynn clearly broke the law. Not because of anything about politics, but because on the facts of the case. His lies to FBI were clearly unlawful, clearly established, clearly pled guilty to. If his name was Clinton it would not make a difference as to my opinion. Law breaking is law breaking, plain and simple.

There is only one reason Barr is interfering in such unprecedented ways in Flynn's and Roger Stone cases - they are Trump's personal associates and Barr has absolutely no problem acting like Trump's personal lawyer and putting his thumb on the scale of justice on behalf of Trump.

So?

No.

These are Democrats and well as Republicans who belive DOJ's actions are nothing but political favoritism for Flynn.

So?
My daughter signed a letter yesterday opposing the local McDonalds no longer carrying / serving ice cream....

And.............

:p

If Sullivan wanted to simply get legal opinions from outside the case while NOT looking like a Deep State Trump-hating Douche Bag determined to make sure Flynn's case does not get dismissed and thus force Trump into pardoning Flynn he would not have gone out and tapped THE most current, vocal. public Trump-hating Clinton-appointed Ex-Judge to come in and argue against Flynn and the DOJ for dropping the case based on unethical / illegal acts perpetrated by the FBI and Mueller Prosecutors.

He would have sought someone wit hat least the appearance of objectivity.

IMHO...
Wow....nice rant.
His show, loser.

No.

WTF dood, judges don't prosecute...dumbass.

No.

So?

So not partisan - DUH.

On the other hand there is only one group of people that think Flynn, who pled his guilt multiple times, is in fact NOT guilty - Trump tools and rightwing nutters that eat their bullshit.

No.

WTF dood, judges don't prosecute...dumbass.
Judges determine when someone is in contempt of court, i.e. if someone lied before them. That's what Sullivan is trying to determine

There is a miniscule bit of doubt on what Gleeson will say after being tasked by Sullivan to make the argument for why the case against Flynn should be dismissed after the DOJ dropped the case, siting investigative and prosecutorial misconduct.

Sullivan KNOWS exactly what the Clinton-appointed. Trump-hating ex-Judge-turned Anti-Trump Op-Ed-author will say...which is EXACTLT why Sullivan ordered HIM to make the argument:

'Gleeson, a Clinton appointee who served as a federal judge in New York, has expressed suspicion that the DOJ’s move was tainted by political influence.'

Just several days ago, BEFORE being tapped by Sullivan to make the argument against the DOJ and Flynn, Gleeson wrote:

“Government motions to dismiss at this stage are virtually unheard of. There has been nothing regular about the department’s effort to dismiss the Flynn case. The record reeks of improper political influence.”

Yes, I agree - IT SURE AS HELL DOES NOW!

On the other hand there is only one group of people that think Flynn, who pled his guilt multiple times, is in fact NOT guilty - Trump tools and rightwing nutters that eat their bullshit.

The FBI agents who are on record saying they never found any criminal evidence against Flynn and wanted to close the case ... the FBI agents who are on record stating they did NOIT think Flynn lied ... all say you are a TDS-suffering, lying dumbass.

Forum List

Back