Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

"D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan issued an order Tuesday indicating that he'll soon accept "amicus curiae," or "friend of the court" submissions, in the case of former national security adviser Michael Flynn -- essentially allowing the court to use an "ask the audience" lifeline in what has already proved to be an unpredictable and chaotic prosecution.

Sullivan's minute order indicated that an upcoming scheduling order would clarify the parameters of who specifically could submit the amicus briefs, which are submissions by non-parties that claim an interest in the case. Sullivan specifically said he anticipates that "individuals and organizations" will file briefs "for the benefit of the court."

The move attracted immediate criticism -- and a planned ethics complaint against Sullivan, who had previously refused to hear amicus briefs in the case. ("Options exist for a private citizen to express his views about matters of public interest, but the Court's docket is not an available option," Sullivan wrote in the past.)

"Judge Sullivan, who denied leave to file amicus briefs when he knew third parties would have spoken favorably of Flynn, now solicits briefs critical of Flynn," independent journalist Michael Cernovich wrote on Twitter. "This is a violation of the judicial oath and applicable ethical rules."

It appears Sullivan, who viciously rebuked Flynn in court based on the lies presented in court now doesn't want to simply drop the case and walk away with egg on his face.

The easiest thing to do to make this all go away quietly would have been to allow the case to be dropped....but it appears Sullivan wants the circus to continue...

The release of Flynn and now Manifort by the AG have put the Executive Dept. under scrutiny of engaging in extralegal activities which will likely undermine the Administration in every jail and every prison in America.

Two white guys, one convicted by jury, and one who plead guilty of a number of felonies have been released, and both are friends of the President; they who will not serve time based on nothing but one man's loathsome behavior. AG Barr will do anything to protect The President, and this will become the albatross around the neck of the entire "Dept. of Justice, the White House, judges and Warden's all across America

Attorney's all over America will have a powerful argument to commute the sentence of their clients who are in danger of becoming ill with the coronavirus, and will being evidence that their client is at risk of dying.

Chaos reigns, and has been the theme since DJT took office.
criminal, unethical, and inappropriate acts evidence committed by the Democrats, Obama and his criminal administration, and Weismann and Mueller and their team more.

Moron, where are the indictments?

You nutters keep talking about some sort of criminality but no one at Trump's DOJ is aware of it enough to bring charges? Really? :rolleyes:

"busted"??? There is never any requirement for FBI to share all scraps and notes of all the agents involved in a case.

Thank you for proving you are completely ignorant to the legal process and the court system in cases like this.

It is ILLEGAL for prosecutors to withhold exculpatory evidence.

Lead Prosecutor vigorously disagreed that it was exculpatory in any way, so does the Judge. DUH

"busted"??? There is never any requirement for FBI to share all scraps and notes of all the agents involved in a case.

Thank you for proving you are completely ignorant to the legal process and the court system in cases like this.

It is ILLEGAL for prosecutors to withhold exculpatory evidence.

Lead Prosecutor vigorously disagreed that it was exculpatory in any way, so does the Judge. DUH
What do you expect the clown who illegally withheld the exculpatory evidence to say you raving lunatic?

1589472673044.png

Not even a perjury trap. That isn’t the charge.
There is no longer any 'charge' as the DOJ dropped its entire criminal case

Wow you seriously don't know what the fuck is going on- Flynn already pled guilty and DOJ's motion was HALTED.

Yep, HALTED due to CHARGES BEING DROPPED...dumbass.

I see "Thinker" is at it again. :rolleyes:

Flynn's case is still very much open, he can and probably will still get convicted. Let me know what part of that you are too stupid to understand.

Since there are no longer any charges, what will he be convicted for...Einstein.
There are still charges. The DOJ petioned the judge to drop them. It's his decision to make.
No.
The case isn't the judge VS Michael Flynn.

The judge is there only to act as an arbiter of the facts of the case. He doesn't decide who gets charged or who doesn't. That's up to the State.

It’s a good point, and not an easy case. Flynn is already charged and already pled guilty. It’s unheard of that the charges get dropped in this manner without something new coming to light which materially changes the facts and that just hasn’t happened.

I do think the judge is not at liberty to decline the motion, I could be wrong. But I hope that he calls in the DoJ and demand answers about their shenanigans.

He is at liberty to decline the motion and proceed with sentencing, however, it would get appealed right away.

What this judge will do is carefully dismantle DOJ's motion, so DOJ can't claim it wasn't adequately dealt with on appeal.
Appeal what? He pled guilty.

Barr’s team is trying to argue that he pled to non-crime. That the lying to FBI was not illegal because it wasn’t material to the investigation.

Lead prosecutor on this case strongly disagreed and quit right before this motion was filed.Judge has also ruled that the lying was in fact material. He’ll just beat that horse into the ground now before sentencing.
Well the Devil appears to be in the details.....and the Judge is advocating against Flynn for political reasons.

Horseshit. That's just something you Trump tools like the sound of.

2000 DOJ professionals signed a letter saying that what Barr is doing is a perversion of the justice process.

These are Democrats as well as Republicans who belive DOJ's actions are nothing but political favoritism for Flynn.

I believe Flynn clearly broke the law. Not because of anything about politics, but because on the facts of the case. His lies to FBI were clearly unlawful, clearly established, clearly pled guilty to. If his name was Clinton it would not make a difference as to my opinion. Law breaking is law breaking, plain and simple.

There is only one reason Barr is interfering in such unprecedented ways in Flynn's and Roger Stone cases - they are Trump's personal associates and Barr has absolutely no problem acting like Trump's personal lawyer and putting his thumb on the scale of justice on behalf of Trump.
Deep state!

Not even a perjury trap. That isn’t the charge.
There is no longer any 'charge' as the DOJ dropped its entire criminal case

Wow you seriously don't know what the fuck is going on- Flynn already pled guilty and DOJ's motion was HALTED.

Yep, HALTED due to CHARGES BEING DROPPED...dumbass.

I see "Thinker" is at it again. :rolleyes:

Flynn's case is still very much open, he can and probably will still get convicted. Let me know what part of that you are too stupid to understand.

Since there are no longer any charges, what will he be convicted for...Einstein.
There are still charges. The DOJ petioned the judge to drop them. It's his decision to make.
No.
The case isn't the judge VS Michael Flynn.

The judge is there only to act as an arbiter of the facts of the case. He doesn't decide who gets charged or who doesn't. That's up to the State.

It’s a good point, and not an easy case. Flynn is already charged and already pled guilty. It’s unheard of that the charges get dropped in this manner without something new coming to light which materially changes the facts and that just hasn’t happened.

I do think the judge is not at liberty to decline the motion, I could be wrong. But I hope that he calls in the DoJ and demand answers about their shenanigans.

He is at liberty to decline the motion and proceed with sentencing, however, it would get appealed right away.

What this judge will do is carefully dismantle DOJ's motion, so DOJ can't claim it wasn't adequately dealt with on appeal.
Appeal what? He pled guilty.

Barr’s team is trying to argue that he pled to non-crime. That the lying to FBI was not illegal because it wasn’t material to the investigation.

Lead prosecutor on this case strongly disagreed and quit right before this motion was filed.Judge has also ruled that the lying was in fact material. He’ll just beat that horse into the ground now before sentencing.

WTF dood, judges don't prosecute...dumbass.

Moron, Lead Prosecutor and the Judge are two different people.

Exactly, and lead prosecutor has dropped charges. Get a fricken clue.
Too late, the case is over. Flynn already pled guilty. All the judge should do now is proceed to the sentencing phase.

Jonathan Turley is unhappy about Judge Sullivans absurd decisions.

Gateway Pundit

Democrat Law Professor Turley Speaks Out Against Judge Sullivan’s Decision to Bring in Retired Judge, Float Perjury Charge Against Flynn

By Cristina Laila
Published May 13, 2020 at 9:03pm

LINK

and,

“It Is Absolutely Foreign for any Judge to Consider Bringing in another Judge to Co-Pilot a Case!” – Judge Jeanine GOES OFF after Judge Sullivan Goes Rogue with US Law (VIDEO)

LINK

=====

This is just the beginning of Sullivan's major blunder, one that already garnered several strong rebukes. I think Sullivan's career is going down the tubes for this giant miscarriage of Justice, it is probably illegal.
Pretty bizarre, inviting amicus briefs on the motion at all. Should have sucked it up and ruled on the motion one way or the other.
Pretty bizarre, inviting amicus briefs on the motion at all. Should have sucked it up and ruled on the motion one way or the other.

I believe Sullivan is just trying to get legal opinions other than his own from outside of the case to show how outside the norm this action by the DOJ is as part of the official record. I think he'll sign off on this in a way that makes it possible to bring the charges again at a later date. These briefs will help clarify why that will be justified.
You are probably correct, but never know. Doesn't sound like there are any innocent bystanders on either side of this one, from DOJ, Defense, prosecutors, the defendant or the white house, and there is nothing innocent about signing off so charges can be brought later. He's paid to judge for a living, so judge.

There are democrat scandals, but they get dealt with in SANE ways, without conspiracy theories about the deep state and etc.

See Anthony Wiener.

safe_image%20II-Th.gif
We don't see Anthony Weiner trying to get democratic leaders to overturn guilty pleas based on crazy claims of a deep state conspiracy.

Gee, coming from you I thought Weiner was prosecuted because he is black I mean Jewish and Gen. Flynn is white. With you, everything is about discrimination so I automatically discount anything you post. You're a narrow-minded racist and I have no respect for your view of anything. Run along and throw up another thread railing that you, as a white guy are owed reparations because your wife is black.

From the OP:

The New York Times reported earlier Wednesday that a former FBI official whose notes the Justice Department used as an excuse for dropping the Flynn charges told FBI officials last week that DOJ was interpreting his notes wrong.

Bill Priestap, the Times reported, told members of his former bureau that notes about the “goal” of an FBI interview with Flynn were about his thoughts ahead of a meeting with FBI leadership about the Flynn interview. The Justice Department painted those notes as evidence of a perjury trap.

Specifically, how is this misinterpreted?

Handwritten%20note%20Flynn-M.png

Unsealed FBI notes reveal the intent of the FBI’s 1/24/17 interview of Flynn:

“What is our goal? Truth/Admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute [Flynn] or get him fired?”

FBI Notes confirm it was all a pretext.

Here is the beauty of Judge Sullivan's Flynn trap:

Sullivan’s order points to the glaring issue with the Trump administration’s attempt to dismiss the charges against a man who twice pleaded guilty in federal court to lying to the FBI about his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States: If Flynn didn’t, in fact, lie to the FBI about his communications with the ambassador, then he lied to the judge when he repeatedly swore in court that he was guilty of that crime.

So, was Flynn lying then - or is he lying now? Either way is PERJURY - which is a FELONY.

RIGHT Counselor -- So NO ONE has a RIGHT to CHANGE A PLEA when they discover that they were screwed by their OWN LAWYERS and the FBI... What law school is your degree from???
Flynn wasn't screwed. He faced additional charges and bargained to stay out of prison.

There are democrat scandals, but they get dealt with in SANE ways, without conspiracy theories about the deep state and etc.

See Anthony Wiener.

safe_image%20II-Th.gif
We don't see Anthony Weiner trying to get democratic leaders to overturn guilty pleas based on crazy claims of a deep state conspiracy.

Gee, coming from you I thought Weiner was prosecuted because he is black I mean Jewish and Gen. Flynn is white. With you, everything is about discrimination so I automatically discount anything you post. You're a narrow-minded racist and I have no respect for your view of anything. Run along and throw up another thread railing that you, as a white guy are owed reparations because your wife is black.
No, everything with me is not about discrimination. You're just butthurt because you can't face the truth and in a severe display of white fragility you do things like this. I have not mentioned race here but you do. So then you seem to have a problem. Get fixed.

Too bad I'm black and can prove that we are owed reparations so all you can do is follow me trolling nonsense. For I don't care what you respect punk.

When you can talk to whites here about their racism, I'll start listening to you.

You lie like Flynn. He was negotiating a deal with the Russian ambassador to not retaliate against the US over Obama's sanctions. And Russia complied.

You must have forgotten to include the reliable source and working link.

You really should do some research on your own and stop parroting what you are fed by CNN, MSNBC, VOX, DailyKOS, MoveOn.org and others!

Here is the beauty of Judge Sullivan's Flynn trap:

Sullivan’s order points to the glaring issue with the Trump administration’s attempt to dismiss the charges against a man who twice pleaded guilty in federal court to lying to the FBI about his communications with the Russian ambassador to the United States: If Flynn didn’t, in fact, lie to the FBI about his communications with the ambassador, then he lied to the judge when he repeatedly swore in court that he was guilty of that crime.

So, was Flynn lying then - or is he lying now? Either way is PERJURY - which is a FELONY.

RIGHT Counselor -- So NO ONE has a RIGHT to CHANGE A PLEA when they discover that they were screwed by their OWN LAWYERS and the FBI... What law school is your degree from???
Flynn wasn't screwed. He faced additional charges and bargained to stay out of prison.
Lies.

Get educated on the subject.

See Anthony Wiener.

safe_image%20II-Th.gif

No, everything with me is not about discrimination. You're just butthurt because you can't face the truth and in a severe display of white fragility you do things like this. I have not mentioned race here but you do. So then you seem to have a problem. Get fixed.

Too bad I'm black and can prove that we are owed reparations so all you can do is follow me trolling nonsense. For I don't care what you respect punk.

When you can talk to whites here about their racism, I'll start listening to you.
You can't prove jack shit. Were you ever a slave? Are there any slave owners currently alive? Nope. Then STFU about reparations, racist scum.

Forum List

Back