Judge Sullivan Scrambles For A Lifeline To Bail HIMSELF Out Of Dropped Flynn Case

You say that like you imagine prosecutors ever turn over everything.....
The prosecutors by law have to turn over exculpatory evidence. The FBI withheld such evidence in order to engage in illegal spying and to justify their actions, whether found to be extreme abuse of power or criminal. An independent / objective US AG was selected to investigate, and he reportedly found BOTH.

As far as Martha Stewart goes, that opens up a whole new discussion about Insider Trading that should be discussed in a completely separate thread.

Again, never happens

Any conviction that has ever gone through a trial in the history of america. Never got ALL the exculpatory evidence.
Do you know what exculpatory means? If that’s every trial in America then there’s a huge systemic problem with our justice system...but that’s not the case. Cases have been dropped for less even when the person is dead to rights guilty. The prosecution is required to turn over ALL exculpatory evidence. And they do because they don’t want to loose. A Brady violation isn’t the prosecution had a case of the Monday’s and misspelled a name. It’s withholding evidence you’re supposed to turn over because it weakens your case. I’m mean sure they’re a few cases of the prosecution or investigators didn’t realize something was as important as it should be, but that’s extremely rare. Do you know how severely the defense would’ve torn up the prosecution with this evidence? It would’ve been a blood bath. They never would have brought this to trial. Which is why they A. Hid this, and B. Threatened to go after Flynn’s son if he didn’t take a guilty plea.

Also, do you care to tell me what was illegal in the phone call?

Find one

It doesn't happen

Only in the most egregious cases is it even brought up. Happens in every case

You guys live in a fucking fantasy world.

The prosecutors by law have to turn over exculpatory evidence. The FBI withheld such evidence in order to engage in illegal spying and to justify their actions, whether found to be extreme abuse of power or criminal. An independent / objective US AG was selected to investigate, and he reportedly found BOTH.

As far as Martha Stewart goes, that opens up a whole new discussion about Insider Trading that should be discussed in a completely separate thread.

Again, never happens

Any conviction that has ever gone through a trial in the history of america. Never got ALL the exculpatory evidence.
Do you know what exculpatory means? If that’s every trial in America then there’s a huge systemic problem with our justice system...but that’s not the case. Cases have been dropped for less even when the person is dead to rights guilty. The prosecution is required to turn over ALL exculpatory evidence. And they do because they don’t want to loose. A Brady violation isn’t the prosecution had a case of the Monday’s and misspelled a name. It’s withholding evidence you’re supposed to turn over because it weakens your case. I’m mean sure they’re a few cases of the prosecution or investigators didn’t realize something was as important as it should be, but that’s extremely rare. Do you know how severely the defense would’ve torn up the prosecution with this evidence? It would’ve been a blood bath. They never would have brought this to trial. Which is why they A. Hid this, and B. Threatened to go after Flynn’s son if he didn’t take a guilty plea.

Find one

It doesn't happen

I already provided several links you ignored, hack.

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

Yea because i click links from you? lol

Just doesn't happen, welcome to the real world old man.

You've lived so long and are still so naive

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

Ok, stay ignorant. Just so you know...........I owned your dimply ass. :iyfyus.jpg:

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

Oh Jesus, you have zero clue what you’re talking about. A simple google search of “famous Brady violations” would have given you lists of hundreds and saved you from looking very stupid right now. By the way in Flynn’s case, closing the case because there is no connection is not an easily overlooked detail for a prosecution to forget. I shouldn’t have to explain this.

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

So you try an appeal to ignorance, then when you’re given the counter evidence, you refuse to look at it. Quiet down fish. Time to go away.

Also, you didn’t answer the question, what was illegal about the phone call in question. I’ll take it a step further, what was shady about the phone call in question?

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

Oh Jesus, you have zero clue what you’re talking about. A simple google search of “famous Brady violations” would have given you lists of hundreds and saved you from looking very stupid right now. By the way in Flynn’s case, closing the case because there is no connection is not an easily overlooked detail for a prosecution to forget. I shouldn’t have to explain this.

We're a nation of hundreds of millions I was being facetious you fuckwit

my god

Doesn't happen

The only person looking for a lifeline here is Flynn. He's pissed this judge off something royal and so has barr.

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

my god

Doesn't happen
Do you read your own article?

The only person looking for a lifeline here is Flynn. He's pissed this judge off something royal and so has barr.
The judge has oversteppped his authority. He can't do anything to Flynn now.

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

my god

Doesn't happen
From the link:

"Brady material includes any evidence that is favorable to the defense — and that encompasses a lot of information. That means anything that can help the defense attack the prosecution’s case."

Would that include notes on the case file showing FBI investigators contemplating strategy to get Flynn to lie, the very crime for which he is being prosecuted?

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

my god

Doesn't happen
More from that link:

"The prosecutor is responsible for disclosing anything known by members of the prosecution team , which includes law enforcement, forensic investigators, and other experts. Under Kyles v. Whitley, a case interpreting the Brady doctrine, the government cannot claim ignorance. It must actually find out what information is in the files of the people on whose work and expertise it relies. This rule is important. Making prosecutors immune from Brady when the material is in the police or analysts’ files would create perverse incentives for prosecutors not to know about information favorable to the defense."

Can't claim ignorance just because it was the FBI's case file.

An idiot ^^^ chimes in.

This isn't Sullivan's first dance. He's been through this before and did pretty much the same thing as this time. Sullivan is experienced and knows more than you. Infinitely more than you.

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

my god

Doesn't happen
More from that link:

"The prosecutor is responsible for disclosing anything known by members of the prosecution team , which includes law enforcement, forensic investigators, and other experts. Under Kyles v. Whitley, a case interpreting the Brady doctrine, the government cannot claim ignorance. It must actually find out what information is in the files of the people on whose work and expertise it relies. This rule is important. Making prosecutors immune from Brady when the material is in the police or analysts’ files would create perverse incentives for prosecutors not to know about information favorable to the defense."

Yea in theory

In practice it never happens

It's an unenforceable mandate

An idiot ^^^ chimes in.

This isn't Sullivan's first dance. He's been through this before and did pretty much the same thing as this time. Sullivan is experienced and knows more than you. Infinitely more than you.
What can he do to Flynn?

Again, never happens

Find one

It doesn't happen

my god

Doesn't happen
More from that link:

Yea in theory

In practice it never happens

It's an unenforceable mandate
But that's not an excuse.

It is still prosecutorial misconduct.

In Flynn's case, evidence showing that investigators were strategizing on how to get him to commit the very crime for which he is charged casts serious doubts on the entire case. The prosecution can hardly claim that is immaterial, even though they (comically) did so right before moving to dismiss the case. That motion came at the same time the lead prosecutor moved to withdraw from the case (running scared)

Whether the prosecutors knew about those handwritten notes or not (they did) is irrelevant. Having that information before he pled would have changed his decision.

An idiot ^^^ chimes in.

What can he do to Flynn?
He has options. He can vacate his guilty plea. He can charge Flynn with contempt for lying to his court. He can sentence for lying to the FBI.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
An idiot ^^^ chimes in.

What can he do to Flynn?
He has options. He can vacate his guilty plea. He can charge Flynn with contempt for lying to his court. He can sentence for lying to the FBI.
The last two would be overstepping his bound. He would be ridiculed, and his decision would be reversed by a real court.

An idiot ^^^ chimes in.

What can he do to Flynn?
The last two would be overstepping his bound. He would be ridiculed, and his decision would be reversed by a real court.
LOLOL

Sentencing a convicted felon in his court is overstepping his bound??

rotfl-gif.288736

Once again, you show everyone here what a retard you are.

Judge Sullivan can sentence him if he wants and there's nothing Flynn can do about it other than wait for Impeached Trump to pardon him.

An idiot ^^^ chimes in.

What can he do to Flynn?
So, forget the Flynn case for a moment.

You're okay with a Court holding a person in contempt or charging them with perjury BECAUSE they plead guilty and ask to change their plea?

Think about that for a bit. If this becomes the precedent, will ANYONE ever plead guilty again? Will ANYONE ever answer this question in the affirmative: "Are you pleading guilty because you are guilty and for no other reason?" This will have a SERIOUS cooling effect on guilty pleas and will at least triple the number of criminal cases going to trial.

You hate Trump so much, that you are willing to go THAT FAR???

Forum List

Back