Jury Orders Giuliani to Pay $148 Million to Election Workers He Defamed

You are just a typical libtard.

And, of course, you’re wrong again.

Assuming that he deserves some of the blame (an assumption with which I don’t completely disagree), that still isn’t the point. The point remains the absurdly high amount of “damages” awarded.

The defamed plaintiffs basically just won a Power Ball Lotto. And that’s not what such lawsuits are supposed to exist for.
The plaintifs were awarded 73 million in actual damages. There is no question he should pay that. The other 75 was as punishment for what he did. For a punishment to have any meaning, it has to be high enough to prevent the guilty party, or anyone planning to copy him from continuing. What do you think is a reasonable amount for him to be required to pay as punishment?

He was threatened with contempt if he gave answers that the "judge" didn't like....That's not being allowed to defend yourself.

Not that "he did't like".

All witnesses are subject to off topic contempt citation for non-responsive answers.

WW

You are just a typical libtard.

And, of course, you’re wrong again.

Assuming that he deserves some of the blame (an assumption with which I don’t completely disagree), that still isn’t the point. The point remains the absurdly high amount of “damages” awarded.

The defamed plaintiffs basically just won a Power Ball Lotto. And that’s not what such lawsuits are supposed to exist for.
OR

You are ignorant and don't have any experience in any relevant field and don't know what the jury knew and don't know how these damages are structured.

Nah, it's gotta be that everyone else is incompetent and corrupt.

Gotta be.

The plaintifs were awarded 73 million in actual damages. There is no question he should pay that.

Yea. There is. There is no basis for such a ridiculous “award.”
The other 75 was as punishment for what he did. For a punishment to have any meaning, it has to be high enough to prevent the guilty party, or anyone planning to copy him from continuing. What do you think is a reasonable amount for him to be required to pay as punishment?
Nonsense. Punishment can cause some discomfort. But it doesn’t demand that it be apocalyptic.

I’m not saying what will happen. I’m just saying what should happen. The damages award should be set aside as inherently unreasonable. Then, the parties can either agree to a rational amount or there should be a new trial on the issue of alleged “damages.”

(The only reason I don’t speak to the issue of the judicial determination (by judge beryl howell) concerning the finding of liability, in the first place, is because of how Giuliani himself addressed that topic in some court papers.)

OR

You are ignorant and don't have any experience in any relevant field and don't know what the jury knew and don't know how these damages are structured.

Nah, it's gotta be that everyone else is incompetent and corrupt.

Gotta be.
OR, you can’t defend your own biased preconceived position so you try your usual ploy of ad hominem bullshit.

That’s what it is. 👍

Not exactly. Rudy's case is unique, especially for someone familiar with the law. For reasons only Rudy knows, he didn't participate in the discovery phase of his trial and that got him a default judgement. Basically he didn't litigate his case.

Doesn’t matter, 148 million judgement means people will think twice about accusing someone of fraud, even if they have a legitimate reason to.

Not that "he did't like".

All witnesses are subject to off topic contempt citation for non-responsive answers.

WW
The judge is a "she", and the one who has been shitting on J6-ers with outrageous sentences.

SHE threatened to hold him in contempt if he gave answers that SHE didn't like....Fact.

As if this is the first defamation award in history. What desperate nonsense.
The first defamation in regards to an election fraud accusation.

Good grief FFI, stop with the hate blinders for one second to see the truth. This is going to have bad consequences for the future of elections. Between this and the billion dollar lawsuits being throw around by dominion, everyone will be too afraid to make any accusation of fraud for fear of being sued like this.

Your "legitimate news channels"....have informed you that 1,000 people from the J6 attack on our elected representatives have had no food in two years? And they are still alive?
Oh, Chillcoate, what a shame I constantly have to explain things to you dumb leftwing bastards like you are all little kids! Don't you understand literary license? The thousand remark just meant a large amount, not intended to be the exact number and of course I did not mean they have never had no food, just that they have been deprived of basic needs like food quality or quantity, medical care, visitations, court dates, being let in with other prisoners, beatings, and many other abuses that you'd be having a shit if it were done to some Afghani battlefield combattant in Gitmo!

the avatar you have adopted to articulate your opinions sounds like
Huh? Now my avatar is talking to you? Do you hear it singing you any Christmas carols? 🎄

Uh... no it isn't.

Take all the rope you need.
Well, this and dominos.

Look, you can deny all you want, if you don’t think this is going to out the fear into people in the future, you’re wrong. Nobody is going to want to call out fraud, even if they know it’s happening, because, if they can’t find a way to prove it, or the fear that the person they accuse can find a way to make people believe they are lying, it’s an issue.

Look, you can deny all you want, if you don’t think this is going to out the fear into people in the future, you’re wrong.
And yet still Giuliani made his lying accusations in the shadow of billion dollar defamation awards over falsely accusing others of election fraud.

So, reality vs. your crocodile tears

Not a tough call.

And yet still Giuliani made his lying accusations in the shadow of billion dollar defamation awards over falsely accusing others of election fraud.

So, reality vs. your crocodile tears

Not a tough call.

The lawsuits are different. This is down to a personal level. If Joe Schmo sees someone doing something fishy at the vote tabulation center, he may just ignore it cause…he doesn’t want to be the target of consequence if he can’t gather the proof.

And, no crocodile tears here because…I’m not a crocodile 🐊

Forum List

Back