Just 5 days later: Man Applies for Marriage License to Have Two Wives

Polygamy marriage could also be a female with several husbands, or same sex multiples.

Besides religious reasons people get married for other legal benefits, I am not sure how that would work if you could claim 10 spouses on your taxes or how social security would be paid out etc etc....

What if you have 10 children? What's the difference?

Well I am not sure, could a family of ten husbands or ten wives apply for welfare if only one spouse works? :dunno:

If they fall below the federal poverty guidelines then yes.

If a spouse is on life support which spouse is going to make medical decisions? I guess they would new laws to iron out new issues.

I guess that is between the family members.

Sure but new laws would probably need to be in tact to.

What if you have 10 children? What's the difference?

Well I am not sure, could a family of ten husbands or ten wives apply for welfare if only one spouse works? :dunno:

If they fall below the federal poverty guidelines then yes.

If a spouse is on life support which spouse is going to make medical decisions? I guess they would new laws to iron out new issues.

I guess that is between the family members.

Sure but new laws would probably need to be in tact to.

Why would we need new laws?

That's the point Mr. Thirdgrader. Your argument is that it's illegal. Sorta like gay marriage was, except with 7,000 years more history.

Find a 4th grader to explain to you the difference between NOT-legal and ILLEGAL.....

That's the point Mr. Thirdgrader. Your argument is that it's illegal. Sorta like gay marriage was, except with 7,000 years more history.
Find a 4th grader to explain to you the difference between NOT-legal and ILLEGAL.....
You dumb clit. Gay marriage wasn't legal either. Have your guardian change your diaper and pop a fresh pacifier into your chubby face.

You dumb clit. Gay marriage wasn't legal either.

Well, I guess this nitwit STILL can't find a grown up to explain simple legal terms for him.....

BTW, "you dumb clit" is not the right bashing to be applied to an almost 70 year old MAN.
Yet another reason for you to find the guidance of a grown-up.

Well, I guess this nitwit STILL can't find a grown up to explain simple legal terms for him.....

BTW, "you dumb clit" is not the right bashing to be applied to an almost 70 year old MAN.
You aren't grown up and you damn sure aren't a man, so dumb clit works for me. Slavery was legal at one time too, didn't make it right. The gay argument pretends it's in a vacuum and nothing else can be considered. Wrong.

I know, I was just making talking points.

Well, there might need to be some new laws. I don't really know. I guess if a man had married 3 wives and none of them worked, and 2 of them wanted to divorce him, he would have some BIG problems. Lol! I say let it be. If you want to marry multiple people, then that's the price you pay I suppose. :wink_2:

You aren't grown up and you damn sure aren't a man, so dumb clit works for me. Slavery was legal at one time too, didn't make it right. The gay argument pretends it's in a vacuum and nothing else can be considered. Wrong.

Why are you against gay marriage? I really do not understand why people would be so dead set against it. I find it stunning the amount of resistance there is to giving all of our citizens the same rights and privileges. Does it really matter who they sleep with when it comes to be treated as an equal in our country? We are better than that, I think.

I'm sure most gay people work, pay taxes and contribute to our economy too, and yet we have other citizens who want to deny them equal rights and privileges . . . why? Somebody please explain to me.

Why are you against gay marriage? I really do not understand why people would be so dead set against it. I find it stunning the amount of resistance there is to giving all of our citizens the same rights and privileges. Does it really matter who they sleep with when it comes to be treated as an equal in our country? We are better than that, I think.
I've said why many times. Do you approve of two brothers marrying? To be consistent you would need to, I don't want marriage defined to include anyone. There's no equality issue with brothers marrying.The word equality is being misused.

But I've also said that it should be up to the people of a state the way it has been. Society has the right to define itself.

So... how is having more than one wife or husband "immoral"?​

I
I've said why many times. Do you approve of two brothers marrying? To be consistent you would need to, I don't want marriage defined to include anyone. There's no equality issue with brothers marrying.The word equality is being misused.

But I've also said that it should be up to the people of a state the way it has been. Society has the right to define itself.

No I do not. I do not have to approve of incest to approve of gay marriage. Why do you say that? Gay people work, pay taxes and contribute to the economy. Why do you want to deny them the opportunity to be married?

Edit: Sorry Ashtara, I quoted your post accidentally. :)

Why does what "you" want matter to anyone else except when applied to your own situation?

I

No I do not. I do not have to approve of incest to approve of gay marriage. Why do you say that? Gay people work, pay taxes and contribute to the economy. Why do you want to deny them the opportunity to be married?

How can two brothers cause a deformed baby? Incest laws are in place to prevent such things and most people find it immoral. So you are saying you would be against it because it's illegal? Where's the consistency? Brothers work and pay taxes too. You simply wanted morality defined your way.

I

How can two brothers cause a deformed baby? Incest laws are in place to prevent such things and most people find it immoral. So you are saying you would be against it because it's illegal? Where's the consistency? Brothers work and pay taxes too. You simply wanted morality defined your way.

No. You answer MY questions.

Why does what "you" want matter to anyone else except when applied to your own situation?
How many times do I need to say it should be up to the population in a state, not me or you.

I

No. You answer MY questions.
I did. It's still there.

Forum List

Back