Just a thought for Republicans that dislike Trump.

Republicans have broken voter turnout records in every state so far. I'm pretty sure that is the result of the Trump phenomenon. I'm also pretty sure a lot of his supporters will disappear with him if he loses the nomination. I know how much a lot of you dislike Trump, but at this point he is probably the best bet for a Republican win.

The Republican party is shattered into pieces. There are millions of Republicans that won't vote for Trump no matter what. Many believe that Hillary Clinton is more conservative than he is. Whether he'll be able to convince them that he's really not a liberal, is the question. He has a real history of supporting liberal democrat policies, like Obama's 878 billion dollar stimulus bill.

That Time Donald Trump Praised The Stimulus Package On Fox News

Oh they'll vote alright,especially when faced with the thought of a senile broken down hag,or the Colonel taking the White House.

If you think you can win with 30% of the Republican party you are crazy. If 70% dislike him you think he is going to get the entire party? Fat chance

Romney won New Hampshire with 39% of the vote, Trump with 35%.

Romney LOST South Carolina with 27%, Trump won with 32%.

Romney lost to Obama by 4.7%. Trump primaries have record high turnouts...Clinton primaries, not even close to 2008.

Trump is the guy who can win. Only Trump can be competitive in PA, WI and NH.

View attachment 64218
270towin.com
We have no reason to show up in record numbers for primaries. If we did we would. We will however show up in record numbers for the general election and half the GOP won't show up for Trump. It's going to be a lot harder t beat Hillary than it is cruz/rubio/kasich. Hillary gets all the Democratic votes and then some. God I can't wait.
minus the 20% who say they will vote for Trump.

Congress people also understand that he won't withhold names of people that stopped his agenda. He will go in front of the camera and call them out one name at a time. Again, he's not politically correct, he's anti-politically correct. And if those members who get in his way don't want to risk losing their job, they will learn to work with Trump.

Remember this isn't a career for Trump. Unlike most politicians, he's not hoping for a half-mil year job in the private sector as a "consultant" when he retires. He's not worried about how much he can get paid to do speeches when he's done with his term(s). He doesn't give a rats......

If Cruz is not electable, then what you have is either Trump, or Rubio V Clinton (more than likely) or Sanders.(far less likely)

It is what it is, and except for Rubio, if anyone actually thinks the other 3 are going to be controllable at all, good luck with that! Doesn't mean that they are going to make all good choices or bad, but rather we again will have little congressional input...........or certainly far less than we should.

This is why I was hoping for Cruz. He is a constitutionalist, and I believe we need that now, more than ever. (although, I doubt much would get done except for the rescinding of Obama's EOs)

We are no longer voting for a President it seems, we are voting for a king/queen who uses powers not granted to him/her by the constitution. When you have 3 of 5 people left in the race who we all know will use this power, and 1 of the other 2 left are deemed "not electable," then Houston, as far as what our country was founded on, "we have a problem." And, add to that, the one who COULD get elected and be controlled is a huge "squish," should leave everyone from both sides, extremely unhappy.

Well if you want to pick one candidate that would be despised by the Republican Congress, that would be Cruz. From all I have read, he doesn't have one representative on his side. Each and every one of them hate the guy.

That's not to say it's a reason not to nominate him, but only to point out there are candidates that could work better with the Republicans in Congress more than others.
Neither party has a good set of contenders. However, the GOP is in a real mess with Trump. If he wins the nomination, he can't win the presidency with so many Republicans hating his guts. He will have to change his message and come up a real position statement. That will certainly disappoint his supporters and may or may not get the party really behind him.

Normally the party unites around the winner. I'm doubtful that will happen because Trump sorely lacks the support of any major political organization, not a single sitting governor has endorsed him, and he has the support of only one congressman. Most of these people would surely pledge to support the nominee but what form might that support be.

BTW, Cruz has the endorsement of 23 congressmen. Rubio has 41. Trump has 1. If Kasich follows Bush in dropping out, his support will go to Rubio. If Cruz dropped out, I think his support would go mostly to Rubio.

I don't know because I've heard and read so many predictions about Trump since the beginning and every one of them were wrong.

The first of course was that it was a publicity stunt and he's only throwing his name in there just like he did the last time. When he didn't drop out, he headed to the debates. It was predicted he wouldn't survive the first one. Along the way, he's hurled insults at just about everybody that challenged him, and his popularity only grew.

There are few who predicted he'd make it this far yet along the nomination. Of course we have a long way to go, but the point is your crystal ball is no better than mine. The voting public are an upset and strange people. Trump may very well be our next President.
Anything's possible but I think he will find his path a lot rougher in the general election. Democrats hate him with a passion. Only 8% to 11% of Democrats think he would make a good president. In California 85% of Latino voters say they would not vote for Trump. He fairs better among black voters, but the Democrats will still claim the Black vote. I think what would determine whether he goes all the way is how strongly Republicans come together to support him. A brokered convention would not bode well for Trump.

If the Democrat turnout for the primaries is any indication of how they will turn out for the general, you can almost guarantee the Republican nominee (whoever it may be) will be our next President.

Although Sanders can rile some people up, most are not too moved by either Democrat candidate. Neither candidate is Obama; neither will influence college kids to come out and vote; neither will have blacks crawling to their voter registration place if they have to in droves like before. There is just nothing to get excited about unless you happen to be a nursing home resident.

You can talk about Hispanics, or religious people, or Independents all you want. What really matters is how inspirational the candidate can be to draw in record number of voters.

If you think you can win with 30% of the Republican party you are crazy. If 70% dislike him you think he is going to get the entire party? Fat chance

Romney won New Hampshire with 39% of the vote, Trump with 35%.

Romney LOST South Carolina with 27%, Trump won with 32%.

Romney lost to Obama by 4.7%. Trump primaries have record high turnouts...Clinton primaries, not even close to 2008.

Trump is the guy who can win. Only Trump can be competitive in PA, WI and NH.

View attachment 64218
270towin.com
We have no reason to show up in record numbers for primaries. If we did we would. We will however show up in record numbers for the general election and half the GOP won't show up for Trump. It's going to be a lot harder t beat Hillary than it is cruz/rubio/kasich. Hillary gets all the Democratic votes and then some. God I can't wait.
minus the 20% who say they will vote for Trump.
Relax Karl rove

Republicans have broken voter turnout records in every state so far. I'm pretty sure that is the result of the Trump phenomenon. I'm also pretty sure a lot of his supporters will disappear with him if he loses the nomination. I know how much a lot of you dislike Trump, but at this point he is probably the best bet for a Republican win.
The problem the party faces is if they win, they loose. Trump's support by the establishment which is congress will be somewhere between zero and -1.

Wait a minute! Don't you think all Republicans in office are watching this carefully; they are figuring out what this guy has that makes him so successful; that their constituents actually feel this way???

Of course they are, and I've said this from the beginning: even if Trump loses, he taught our representatives a lesson. Quit being so politically correct, quit pandering to the media, say what you really feel and believe in, because until Trump, no candidate has ever done that.
Are you saying congressmen should try to emulate Trump? Congressmen can't. They can't attack the establishment because they are the establishment. Rubio tried it and got fried. Cruz tried it and got nowhere. Trump can do it because he's an outsider looking in like the voters.

If he becomes president, he becomes the establish and he won't be able to get away with what he does today because his success as president will depend on doing the very things he is attacking today. If he says the wrong thing in the media about a black shooting, he offends the black caucus in congress and they vote against his crime bill. If he says he can't stand orange juice, growers in California and Florida lobby against his agriculture bill. If he says what he really thinks about the Chinese, they walk away from the negotiating table.. There is probably no one in America that has to be as political correct and choose his words as carefully as the president.

Congress people also understand that he won't withhold names of people that stopped his agenda. He will go in front of the camera and call them out one name at a time. Again, he's not politically correct, he's anti-politically correct. And if those members who get in his way don't want to risk losing their job, they will learn to work with Trump.

Remember this isn't a career for Trump. Unlike most politicians, he's not hoping for a half-mil year job in the private sector as a "consultant" when he retires. He's not worried about how much he can get paid to do speeches when he's done with his term(s). He doesn't give a rats......
The president can blast the Speaker of the House or the Senator Majority Leader for blocking legislation with total impunity. That's common and that's to be expected. For a president to use the bully pulpit to attack individual members of congress, particular within his own party will destroy any working relationship the president has with congress. Insulting your political opposition is fair game. Attacking those in your party is not. One the first things Trump is going have to do is mend his relationship with people like Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, and John McCain.

There is no hierarchical relationship between congress and the president. Congress can override anything the president does. In reality it is the congress that is in control, not the president. For Trump to succeed he has have full support of his party in congress. The best way to get that support is to convince Republicans in congress that he will support their agenda even if differs from his agenda. I really doubt that will happen.

George Takai might agree. Cue 1:14-1:58 ...2:54-3:46....& ...(where Takai says Trump supports gay marriage but will say anything to get elected) > 3:59- 5:19....

Last edited:

George Takai might agree. Cue 1:14-1:58

Tsez you!

If Cruz is not electable, then what you have is either Trump, or Rubio V Clinton (more than likely) or Sanders.(far less likely)

It is what it is, and except for Rubio, if anyone actually thinks the other 3 are going to be controllable at all, good luck with that! Doesn't mean that they are going to make all good choices or bad, but rather we again will have little congressional input...........or certainly far less than we should.

This is why I was hoping for Cruz. He is a constitutionalist, and I believe we need that now, more than ever. (although, I doubt much would get done except for the rescinding of Obama's EOs)

We are no longer voting for a President it seems, we are voting for a king/queen who uses powers not granted to him/her by the constitution. When you have 3 of 5 people left in the race who we all know will use this power, and 1 of the other 2 left are deemed "not electable," then Houston, as far as what our country was founded on, "we have a problem." And, add to that, the one who COULD get elected and be controlled is a huge "squish," should leave everyone from both sides, extremely unhappy.

Well if you want to pick one candidate that would be despised by the Republican Congress, that would be Cruz. From all I have read, he doesn't have one representative on his side. Each and every one of them hate the guy.

That's not to say it's a reason not to nominate him, but only to point out there are candidates that could work better with the Republicans in Congress more than others.
Neither party has a good set of contenders. However, the GOP is in a real mess with Trump. If he wins the nomination, he can't win the presidency with so many Republicans hating his guts. He will have to change his message and come up a real position statement. That will certainly disappoint his supporters and may or may not get the party really behind him.

Normally the party unites around the winner. I'm doubtful that will happen because Trump sorely lacks the support of any major political organization, not a single sitting governor has endorsed him, and he has the support of only one congressman. Most of these people would surely pledge to support the nominee but what form might that support be.

BTW, Cruz has the endorsement of 23 congressmen. Rubio has 41. Trump has 1. If Kasich follows Bush in dropping out, his support will go to Rubio. If Cruz dropped out, I think his support would go mostly to Rubio.

I don't know because I've heard and read so many predictions about Trump since the beginning and every one of them were wrong.

The first of course was that it was a publicity stunt and he's only throwing his name in there just like he did the last time. When he didn't drop out, he headed to the debates. It was predicted he wouldn't survive the first one. Along the way, he's hurled insults at just about everybody that challenged him, and his popularity only grew.

There are few who predicted he'd make it this far yet along the nomination. Of course we have a long way to go, but the point is your crystal ball is no better than mine. The voting public are an upset and strange people. Trump may very well be our next President.
Anything's possible but I think he will find his path a lot rougher in the general election. Democrats hate him with a passion. Only 8% to 11% of Democrats think he would make a good president. In California 85% of Latino voters say they would not vote for Trump. He fairs better among black voters, but the Democrats will still claim the Black vote. I think what would determine whether he goes all the way is how strongly Republicans come together to support him. A brokered convention would not bode well for Trump.

If the Democrat turnout for the primaries is any indication of how they will turn out for the general, you can almost guarantee the Republican nominee (whoever it may be) will be our next President.

Although Sanders can rile some people up, most are not too moved by either Democrat candidate. Neither candidate is Obama; neither will influence college kids to come out and vote; neither will have blacks crawling to their voter registration place if they have to in droves like before. There is just nothing to get excited about unless you happen to be a nursing home resident.

You can talk about Hispanics, or religious people, or Independents all you want. What really matters is how inspirational the candidate can be to draw in record number of voters.

That depends on how the Democrats can paint Trump. He's dangerous, he's arrogant, he's not likable. If the Democrats can push the whole personality thing, it could bite Trump in the ass.

That depends on how the Democrats can paint Trump. He's dangerous, he's arrogant, he's not likable. If the Democrats can push the whole personality thing, it could bite Trump in the ass.
With Hillary.................LOL

Yes, people are coming out in droves to beat him.

Unfortunately there numbers are split.

That's how stupid GOP voters are. The man is going to ruin their party and they can't even get together long enough to stop him.

It doesn't matter. It could be the ugliest fight going, each side doing anything it can to smear the other side. Emotion will play a large part. Hillary doesn't stand for anything other than Hillary and Trump stands for nothing other than Trump. It's a popularity contest and people will be swayed by what people say and how they present themselves and the other candidate.

It doesn't matter. It could be the ugliest fight going, each side doing anything it can to smear the other side. Emotion will play a large part. Hillary doesn't stand for anything other than Hillary and Trump stands for nothing other than Trump. It's a popularity contest and people will be swayed by what people say and how they present themselves and the other candidate.
Your side does this every election. It is expected from you..............Everyone against you is a Racist, Sexist, Homophobe, gonna throw grandma off the cliff, and the poor will have to eat dog food................

Spare me the injustice...............I'm not big on Trump but will enjoy the show.............finally seeing your side get hit back with the Mud for a change.................

Isn't that how DumBama became our President today?

He's dangerous, he's arrogant, he's not likable."

And Hilary or Uncle Bernie is?

People turn out for primaries when they feel their candidate is far superior to the rest of the pack or they believe the nomination is really up for grabs. Few democrats believe that is the case. Most democrats have always believed Hillary would win the nomination. A Trump nomination would certainly rally Democrats and probably push her campaign chest to 2.5 billion dollars because Trump is very unpopular with Democrats. Bush in 2005 was more popular with Democrats than Trump is today.

Your side does this every election. It is expected from you..............Everyone against you is a Racist, Sexist, Homophobe, gonna throw grandma off the cliff, and the poor will have to eat dog food................

Spare me the injustice...............I'm not big on Trump but will enjoy the show.............finally seeing your side get hit back with the Mud for a change.................

My side? MY SIDE? What the fuck are you talking about? I don't have a side. I'm my own person.

You're using emotion aren't you? You're trying to attack me, not with logic and arguments, but with emotion.

Thanks for proving me right.

(Oh, and sure, not a big Trump fan but you enjoy the show, that's all it's about).

Isn't that how DumBama became our President today?

Who is DumBama? I don't know of any president in the world called DumBama.

Trump is dangerous because he's causing more alienation of Muslims, he's pushing more Muslims to hate the US, he's pushing for more Islamic extremism (in order that the right can then be tough on Islamic extremism and look like a strong leader, as Trump is playing right now).

Hillary wouldn't do that, nor would Sanders, and Obama isn't either. Obama pulled back from shouting out that Muslims were bad, when Bush was doing it a lot.

Trump is dangerous because he's causing more alienation of Muslims, he's pushing more Muslims to hate the US, he's pushing for more Islamic extremism (in order that the right can then be tough on Islamic extremism and look like a strong leader, as Trump is playing right now).

Hillary wouldn't do that, nor would Sanders, and Obama isn't either. Obama pulled back from shouting out that Muslims were bad, when Bush was doing it a lot.
You think we should appease the terrorist, get them to like us by knowing our place in the world like good infidels. Fuck you.

Do you Lefties actually believe the polls? :cuckoo:

I am predicting here and now that the turnout to support ANY Democratic candidate will be very low. They just don't have anyone to excite them. Party workers will get out the buses from the Old Folk's Homes and Projects, along with those risen from the grave. :eek-52:

On the other hand, a whole lot of people will come out to support Trump - in record numbers. And entrance/exits polls will be worthless because many will simply keep their votes to themselves.

"Who are you voting for?"

:flameth: "Screw you! Bye."

Forum List

Back