Just a thought for Republicans that dislike Trump.

He runs his commercial enterprise as a dictator. Even played one on TV.. That's his style.

His business is his business, but the Whire House and office of POTUS do not belong to him and I am sure he knows that.

These are just ghosts and wraiths intended to scare thick minded people to not vote for Trump when Trump has defied the GOP Establishment and the corporate Crony Network from the day he declared for the Presidency.
The GOP establish is the republicans in congress. Just exactly what he is going to do if congress won't work with them. Sue them?

Republicans have broken voter turnout records in every state so far. I'm pretty sure that is the result of the Trump phenomenon. I'm also pretty sure a lot of his supporters will disappear with him if he loses the nomination. I know how much a lot of you dislike Trump, but at this point he is probably the best bet for a Republican win.
The problem the party faces is if they win, they loose. Trump's support by the establishment which is congress will be somewhere between zero and -1.

Wait a minute! Don't you think all Republicans in office are watching this carefully; they are figuring out what this guy has that makes him so successful; that their constituents actually feel this way???

Of course they are, and I've said this from the beginning: even if Trump loses, he taught our representatives a lesson. Quit being so politically correct, quit pandering to the media, say what you really feel and believe in, because until Trump, no candidate has ever done that.

The problem the party faces is if they win, they loose. Trump's support by the establishment which is congress will be somewhere between zero and -1.
lol, no, Trump will have them kissing his ass and eating out of his hand by November 2017.

Who was the last president to reduce the growth and restrain the power of the Federal Government? Reduce spending. Secure the border?

Politicians aren't actually for shrinking the size of government because that would limit their power. It's just something conservative politicians say to rile up their base. To my knowledge the federal government has never shrunk by a meaningful amount, only grown.
Eggzagleee!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Republicans have broken voter turnout records in every state so far. I'm pretty sure that is the result of the Trump phenomenon. I'm also pretty sure a lot of his supporters will disappear with him if he loses the nomination. I know how much a lot of you dislike Trump, but at this point he is probably the best bet for a Republican win.

Wait a minute! Don't you think all Republicans in office are watching this carefully; they are figuring out what this guy has that makes him so successful; that their constituents actually feel this way???

Of course they are, and I've said this from the beginning: even if Trump loses, he taught our representatives a lesson. Quit being so politically correct, quit pandering to the media, say what you really feel and believe in, because until Trump, no candidate has ever done that.
Are you saying congressmen should try to emulate Trump? Congressmen can't. They can't attack the establishment because they are the establishment. Rubio tried it and got fried. Cruz tried it and got nowhere. Trump can do it because he's an outsider looking in like the voters.

If he becomes president, he becomes the establish and he won't be able to get away with what he does today because his success as president will depend on doing the very things he is attacking today. If he says the wrong thing in the media about a black shooting, he offends the black caucus in congress and they vote against his crime bill. If he says he can't stand orange juice, growers in California and Florida lobby against his agriculture bill. If he says what he really thinks about the Chinese, they walk away from the negotiating table.. There is probably no one in America that has to be as political correct and choose his words as carefully as the president.

Last edited:
Trump got 24% of the Iowa vote 35% of New Hampshire and 32% in South Carolina it's not all about Trump. If his numbers go up as Kasich and Carson join Bush on the sidelines that will be a big deal if the Bush, Kasich, Carson supporters rally around Rubio or Cruz then Trump was never as big a deal as thought.
We will not know that until they retire from the race.............
We will find out pretty quick which way Bush supporters go I'm guessing not to Trump or Cruz.

That's my guess too.

Trump is crushing his opponents amongst blue-collar whites without a college education but he's doing worse amongst college-educated, upper-income suburbanites, which were mostly Bush supporters.

The good thing for Trump is that he doesn't have to win many of them. If Bush was getting 8%-10% of the vote, if Trump can get a quarter of that, that will help push him from the low- to mid-30s to the mid- to high-30s. He probably doesn't need 50% to win the nomination, particularly if Cruz stays in the race.

Are you saying congressmen should try to emulate Trump? Congressmen can't. They can't attack the establishment because they are the establishment. Rubio tried it and got fried. Cruz tried it and got nowhere. Trump can do it because he's an outsider looking in like the voters.

If he becomes president, he becomes the establish and he won't be able to get away with what he does today because his success as president will depend on doing the very things he is attacking today. If he says the wrong thing in the media about a black shooting, he offends the black caucus in congress and they vote against his crime bill. If he says he can't stand orange juice, growers in California and Florida lobby against his agriculture bill. If he says what he really thinks about the Chinese, they walk away from the negotiating table.. There is probably no one in America that has to be as political correct and choose his words as carefully as the president.

Congress people also understand that he won't withhold names of people that stopped his agenda. He will go in front of the camera and call them out one name at a time. Again, he's not politically correct, he's anti-politically correct. And if those members who get in his way don't want to risk losing their job, they will learn to work with Trump.

Remember this isn't a career for Trump. Unlike most politicians, he's not hoping for a half-mil year job in the private sector as a "consultant" when he retires. He's not worried about how much he can get paid to do speeches when he's done with his term(s). He doesn't give a rats......

In my opinion, the best choice for an election landslide is for the democrats to nominate Mrs. Bosnia Clinton, that alone would ensure Trump wins with a majority last seen with Reagan.

Congress people also understand that he won't withhold names of people that stopped his agenda. He will go in front of the camera and call them out one name at a time. Again, he's not politically correct, he's anti-politically correct. And if those members who get in his way don't want to risk losing their job, they will learn to work with Trump.

Remember this isn't a career for Trump. Unlike most politicians, he's not hoping for a half-mil year job in the private sector as a "consultant" when he retires. He's not worried about how much he can get paid to do speeches when he's done with his term(s). He doesn't give a rats......

If Cruz is not electable, then what you have is either Trump, or Rubio V Clinton (more than likely) or Sanders.(far less likely)

It is what it is, and except for Rubio, if anyone actually thinks the other 3 are going to be controllable at all, good luck with that! Doesn't mean that they are going to make all good choices or bad, but rather we again will have little congressional input...........or certainly far less than we should.

This is why I was hoping for Cruz. He is a constitutionalist, and I believe we need that now, more than ever. (although, I doubt much would get done except for the rescinding of Obama's EOs)

We are no longer voting for a President it seems, we are voting for a king/queen who uses powers not granted to him/her by the constitution. When you have 3 of 5 people left in the race who we all know will use this power, and 1 of the other 2 left are deemed "not electable," then Houston, as far as what our country was founded on, "we have a problem." And, add to that, the one who COULD get elected and be controlled is a huge "squish," should leave everyone from both sides, extremely unhappy.

If Cruz is not electable, then what you have is either Trump, or Rubio V Clinton (more than likely) or Sanders.(far less likely)

It is what it is, and except for Rubio, if anyone actually thinks the other 3 are going to be controllable at all, good luck with that! Doesn't mean that they are going to make all good choices or bad, but rather we again will have little congressional input...........or certainly far less than we should.

This is why I was hoping for Cruz. He is a constitutionalist, and I believe we need that now, more than ever. (although, I doubt much would get done except for the rescinding of Obama's EOs)

We are no longer voting for a President it seems, we are voting for a king/queen who uses powers not granted to him/her by the constitution. When you have 3 of 5 people left in the race who we all know will use this power, and 1 of the other 2 left are deemed "not electable," then Houston, as far as what our country was founded on, "we have a problem." And, add to that, the one who COULD get elected and be controlled is a huge "squish," should leave everyone from both sides, extremely unhappy.

Well if you want to pick one candidate that would be despised by the Republican Congress, that would be Cruz. From all I have read, he doesn't have one representative on his side. Each and every one of them hate the guy.

That's not to say it's a reason not to nominate him, but only to point out there are candidates that could work better with the Republicans in Congress more than others.

Trump got 24% of the Iowa vote 35% of New Hampshire and 32% in South Carolina it's not all about Trump. If his numbers go up as Kasich and Carson join Bush on the sidelines that will be a big deal if the Bush, Kasich, Carson supporters rally around Rubio or Cruz then Trump was never as big a deal as thought.
We will not know that until they retire from the race.............
We will find out pretty quick which way Bush supporters go I'm guessing not to Trump or Cruz.

That's my guess too.

Trump is crushing his opponents amongst blue-collar whites without a college education but he's doing worse amongst college-educated, upper-income suburbanites, which were mostly Bush supporters.

The good thing for Trump is that he doesn't have to win many of them. If Bush was getting 8%-10% of the vote, if Trump can get a quarter of that, that will help push him from the low- to mid-30s to the mid- to high-30s. He probably doesn't need 50% to win the nomination, particularly if Cruz stays in the race.
To win the nomination he must have over 50% of the delegates, otherwise it will be a brokered convention. An there's no way to know exactly how that would turn out.

Well if you want to pick one candidate that would be despised by the Republican Congress, that would be Cruz. From all I have read, he doesn't have one representative on his side. Each and every one of them hate the guy.

That's not to say it's a reason not to nominate him, but only to point out there are candidates that could work better with the Republicans in Congress more than others.
Neither party has a good set of contenders. However, the GOP is in a real mess with Trump. If he wins the nomination, he can't win the presidency with so many Republicans hating his guts. He will have to change his message and come up a real position statement. That will certainly disappoint his supporters and may or may not get the party really behind him.

Normally the party unites around the winner. I'm doubtful that will happen because Trump sorely lacks the support of any major political organization, not a single sitting governor has endorsed him, and he has the support of only one congressman. Most of these people would surely pledge to support the nominee but what form might that support be.

BTW, Cruz has the endorsement of 23 congressmen. Rubio has 41. Trump has 1. If Kasich follows Bush in dropping out, his support will go to Rubio. If Cruz dropped out, I think his support would go mostly to Rubio.

Neither party has a good set of contenders. However, the GOP is in a real mess with Trump. If he wins the nomination, he can't win the presidency with so many Republicans hating his guts. He will have to change his message and come up a real position statement. That will certainly disappoint his supporters and may or may not get the party really behind him.

Normally the party unites around the winner. I'm doubtful that will happen because Trump sorely lacks the support of any major political organization, not a single sitting governor has endorsed him, and he has the support of only one congressman. Most of these people would surely pledge to support the nominee but what form might that support be.

BTW, Cruz has the endorsement of 23 congressmen. Rubio has 41. Trump has 1. If Kasich follows Bush in dropping out, his support will go to Rubio. If Cruz dropped out, I think his support would go mostly to Rubio.
Fuck the Governors, fuck the establishment. What matters is what do the voters want.

I don't know because I've heard and read so many predictions about Trump since the beginning and every one of them were wrong.

The first of course was that it was a publicity stunt and he's only throwing his name in there just like he did the last time. When he didn't drop out, he headed to the debates. It was predicted he wouldn't survive the first one. Along the way, he's hurled insults at just about everybody that challenged him, and his popularity only grew.

There are few who predicted he'd make it this far yet along the nomination. Of course we have a long way to go, but the point is your crystal ball is no better than mine. The voting public are an upset and strange people. Trump may very well be our next President.

I don't know because I've heard and read so many predictions about Trump since the beginning and every one of them were wrong.

The first of course was that it was a publicity stunt and he's only throwing his name in there just like he did the last time. When he didn't drop out, he headed to the debates. It was predicted he wouldn't survive the first one. Along the way, he's hurled insults at just about everybody that challenged him, and his popularity only grew.

There are few who predicted he'd make it this far yet along the nomination. Of course we have a long way to go, but the point is your crystal ball is no better than mine. The voting public are an upset and strange people. Trump may very well be our next President.
Anything's possible but I think he will find his path a lot rougher in the general election. Democrats hate him with a passion. Only 8% to 11% of Democrats think he would make a good president. In California 85% of Latino voters say they would not vote for Trump. He fairs better among black voters, but the Democrats will still claim the Black vote. I think what would determine whether he goes all the way is how strongly Republicans come together to support him. A brokered convention would not bode well for Trump.

Anything's possible but I think he will find his path a lot rougher in the general election. Democrats hate him with a passion. Only 8% to 11% of Democrats think he would make a good president. In California 85% of Latino voters say they would not vote for Trump. He fairs better among black voters, but the Democrats will still claim the Black vote. I think what would determine whether he goes all the way is how strongly Republicans come together to support him. A brokered convention would not bode well for Trump.

QUESTION-------> if 65% of latino voters vote for the Democrat in California, will the GOP carry that state? How about 50%? How about 90%? How about 100%?

No, in ANY of those cases, the GOP will NOT carry California, but it does tell you how the Democrats project they will carry much of the latino vote.......CALIFORNIA!

Know what that means? 55 electoral samolian votes, no more! Hey, it was never going to be ours in the new grand scheme of things anyway-)

If you think you can win with 30% of the Republican party you are crazy. If 70% dislike him you think he is going to get the entire party? Fat chance

Romney won New Hampshire with 39% of the vote, Trump with 35%.

Romney LOST South Carolina with 27%, Trump won with 32%.

Romney lost to Obama by 4.7%. Trump primaries have record high turnouts...Clinton primaries, not even close to 2008.

Trump is the guy who can win. Only Trump can be competitive in PA, WI and NH.

View attachment 64218
270towin.com
We have no reason to show up in record numbers for primaries. If we did we would. We will however show up in record numbers for the general election and half the GOP won't show up for Trump. It's going to be a lot harder t beat Hillary than it is cruz/rubio/kasich. Hillary gets all the Democratic votes and then some. God I can't wait.

If you think you can win with 30% of the Republican party you are crazy. If 70% dislike him you think he is going to get the entire party? Fat chance

Romney won New Hampshire with 39% of the vote, Trump with 35%.

Romney LOST South Carolina with 27%, Trump won with 32%.

Romney lost to Obama by 4.7%. Trump primaries have record high turnouts...Clinton primaries, not even close to 2008.

Trump is the guy who can win. Only Trump can be competitive in PA, WI and NH.

View attachment 64218
270towin.com
We have no reason to show up in record numbers for primaries. If we did we would. We will however show up in record numbers for the general election and half the GOP won't show up for Trump. It's going to be a lot harder t beat Hillary than it is cruz/rubio/kasich. Hillary gets all the Democratic votes and then some. God I can't wait.

I think you are mistaken here Sealy. Hillary/Sanders were so close in the Nevada pre-caucus polls that you couldn't fit a frog hair between them. If that doesn't produce record turn out, nothing will. Obama had record turnout after record turnout in primaries and caucuses. In 2008, when polls in Nevada were just as tight, Hillary and Obama finished with just about the same percentages as Hillary and Sanders, but 50% more voters showed up at the caucus than this year.

• Nevada 2008: 120,000
  • Nevada 2016: 80,000
Good NBC article and link to those numbers​

Forum List

Back