Just as a reminder of how shitty our healthcare system is

A few years ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I am a veteran and could have had it treated through the VA for free.

God knows how long it would have taken to go through the government bureaucratic mess. No telling wha the fucking government would have done to treat it.

I decided to get it treated privately and pay the several thousands of dollars in deductibles and co payments.

In private care it was treated quickly and competently and I am now five years of being cancer free.

My Oncologist tells me that my success is the result of quickly treating the cancer.

Waiting around for the filth ass government to take care of me probably would have been a disaster.

Health care is too important to be trusted to the bureaucratic government that doesn't really give a shit about you.

Health care is too important to be trusted to the bureaucratic government that doesn't really give a shit about you.

Much better to leave it to profiteers who care only about making a buck off your misery.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I am a veteran and could have had it treated through the VA for free.

God knows how long it would have taken to go through the government bureaucratic mess. No telling wha the fucking government would have done to treat it.

I decided to get it treated privately and pay the several thousands of dollars in deductibles and co payments.

In private care it was treated quickly and competently and I am now five years of being cancer free.

My Oncologist tells me that my success is the result of quickly treating the cancer.

Waiting around for the filth ass government to take care of me probably would have been a disaster.

One crew i served on did VA transfers (no lights/sirens), 45 minutes away

I always asked them how VA was doing for them

many pros/cons

~S~

Maybe the GOP should allow full funding for the VA. But no sacrifice is too great to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share.

I stand by my statement I made to the people

What statement?

What you stand by does not change the way a constitutional republic works.
It should be up the the city or town what the laws are not the fed gov. The constitution stands for its self, you can’t change it. But if the city or town wants to ban guns for a short period of time to fix a crime problem I have no issue to it only for a short period of time

What statement?

It should be up the the city or town what the laws are not the fed gov. The constitution stands for its self, you can’t change it. But if the city or town wants to ban guns for a short period of time to fix a crime problem I have no issue to it only for a short period of time

I have a problem with it. To ban firearms from law abiding citizens is simply unconstitutional. It is that simple.

And do you really think, if the politicians banned guns for a short period of time, we would ever get them back? They would ban them "just until they get crime under control". Then, they would extend the ban, because crime was not under control. Then they would extend the ban because that is the ONLY reason crime is down.

And it is not the federal gov't setting the limits. The US Constitution sets the limits for the federal gov't. The US Constitution also sets the limits for state and local gov't.

What statement?

I have a problem with it. To ban firearms from law abiding citizens is simply unconstitutional. It is that simple.

And do you really think, if the politicians banned guns for a short period of time, we would ever get them back? They would ban them "just until they get crime under control". Then, they would extend the ban, because crime was not under control. Then they would extend the ban because that is the ONLY reason crime is down.

And it is not the federal gov't setting the limits. The US Constitution sets the limits for the federal gov't. The US Constitution also sets the limits for state and local gov't.
When have guns ever been banned? It's ridiculous GOP propaganda machine fear-mongering. Just like anybody coming to take your guns if you're not a felon or insane...

What statement?

When have guns ever been banned? It's ridiculous GOP propaganda machine fear-mongering. Just like anybody coming to take your guns if you're not a felon or insane...

No, they have not been banned.

Jitler and I have an ongoing discussion (apologies for any derailing) concerning constitutional rights.

He maintains that "we the people" in a community or town can vote to remove rights guaranteed in the US Constitution. I understand that the US Constitution is the law of the land, and that rights can be regulated (to a point) but not removed.

Jitler is angry because, since he is a convicted felon, his right to own a gun has been taken away.

Maybe the GOP should allow full funding for the VA. But no sacrifice is too great to save the greedy idiot GOP rich from paying their fair share.

The reason you have no credibility on this forum is because you post partisan bullshit like that.

If you want to be partisan remember that the worthless incompetent asshole Obama took that money that was given to him and them wasted it. It was under his watch that the VA was caught making up numbers about treatment and removing people from the records that had problems. Obama really fucked up the VA just like everything else he was responsible for.

Stop being a partisan asshole. It makes you look like a fool.

Government services are always piss poor no matter which political party is in power.

Health care is too important to be left to the discretion of government bueracrats who don't give a damn about you and whose bosses are corrupt politicians, elected by special interest groups.

What statement?

Cool story.. I think any small town can set what they want, death sentence, if they want a mental institution to not have guns, if they want a gun ban for a few weeks to stop a lot of murders. That’s the laws of that town..

What statement?

Cool story.. I think any small town can set what they want, death sentence, if they want a mental institution to not have guns, if they want a gun ban for a few weeks to stop a lot of murders. That’s the laws of that town..

That may be what you think. But it is not how it works.

No gov't entity, federal, state or local, can overrule the US Constitution.

What statement?

That may be what you think. But it is not how it works.

No gov't entity, federal, state or local, can overrule the US Constitution.
It’s overruled in every democrat run town in America..

Forum List

Back