Just how fucked up is California?

The DA brings the charges.

again he has nothing to do with the jury

Kate Steinle death: Garcia Zarate acquitted of homicide - CNN

He could have been convicted for manslaughter.....the jury didn't...that was the point....you seem to think the DA didn't bring up the charge..but it WAS on the table
I'll post it in black for you:

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, 45, was acquitted of murder and involuntary manslaughter charges, as well as assault with a deadly weapon

Looks like a case of buyers remorse by conservatives

The President and conservative media used this case as an example of illegal Mexicans sneaking across our border to murder and rape innocent young white women. Trump called for the guy to be executed. Fox ran non-stop coverage of how evil this man was and he deserved maximum punishment

The facts did not support your claims

Now.....you whine about manslaughter
Why didn't you talk about manslaughter before?

he didn't mention rape much, more likely killing

and how does this prove him wrong?

it proves the people in California are nuts......

and I don't know why you like to see harden criminals like this guy kill people and you cheer when he gets off........that's insane......you are batshit crazy...you have the empathy of an SS soldier

It was Trump, who on the first day of his campaign talked about illegals coming into the country to murder and rape

A few days later, this case fell into his lap. Young beautiful blonde, white woman killed by an illegal Mexican..........See? I told you so
Lets execute the guy

Only the facts of the case did not support that assumption
The jury saw through it......the conservative hate machine did not

Also.....you and the rightwing media call this guy a "hardened criminal"
He was not

five time violator of our immigration laws, Yes, he was a criminal by any definition
In all those times, the feds never got hold of him?

This case reminds me of the Amanda Knox story

An American in a foreign country who was caught up in media hysteria and accused of murder. The jury in Italy ignored that there was no evidence linking her to the murder and bought in to the hysteria

Knox was found guilty of murder. It was later reversed when cooler heads prevailed

He was not "a person in a foreign country" He was here illegally, had been deported 5 or more times, and was protected by the stupid traitorous sanctuary city of sanfrangayo.

Your analogy to Knox is not even close. She was in Italy legally, she had not been deported, she was subjected to the full force of Italian law.

Your immigration status has nothing to do with your culpability in a murder

the DA has nothing to do with the jury. They jury could have convicted with manslaughter

He could have been convicted for manslaughter.....the jury didn't...that was the point....you seem to think the DA didn't bring up the charge..but it WAS on the table

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate, 45, was acquitted of murder and involuntary manslaughter charges, as well as assault with a deadly weapon

The President and conservative media used this case as an example of illegal Mexicans sneaking across our border to murder and rape innocent young white women. Trump called for the guy to be executed. Fox ran non-stop coverage of how evil this man was and he deserved maximum punishment

and I don't know why you like to see harden criminals like this guy kill people and you cheer when he gets off........that's insane......you are batshit crazy...you have the empathy of an SS soldier

It was Trump, who on the first day of his campaign talked about illegals coming into the country to murder and rape

A few days later, this case fell into his lap. Young beautiful blonde, white woman killed by an illegal Mexican..........See? I told you so
Lets execute the guy

He was not

RW, the problem is you're just talking out your ass.....because you agree with the jury and if it serves your political side, you're ok with deaths......illegals, blacks (as long as it isn't white killers, then that's bad), you guys have no problem with criminals at all......as long as it helps the cause......

as for hardened criminal, I have no talking points...I just read....

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-nazaryan-kate-steinle-verdict-20171203-story.html

Issues of immigration, or Garcia Zarate’s criminal record, were not admissible in Judge Samuel Feng’s courtroom

Lets execute the guy

He was not

five time violator of our immigration laws, Yes, he was a criminal by any definition

Breaking immigration law does not make one a "hardened criminal"
More hyperbole from conservatives

Lets execute the guy

He was not

see the above post....apparently you missed it

oh btw, LA times is not a right wing rag.......lol you guys make it too easy

This case reminds me of the Amanda Knox story

An American in a foreign country who was caught up in media hysteria and accused of murder. The jury in Italy ignored that there was no evidence linking her to the murder and bought in to the hysteria

Knox was found guilty of murder. It was later reversed when cooler heads prevailed

He was not "a person in a foreign country" He was here illegally, had been deported 5 or more times, and was protected by the stupid traitorous sanctuary city of sanfrangayo.

Your analogy to Knox is not even close. She was in Italy legally, she had not been deported, she was subjected to the full force of Italian law.

Your immigration status has nothing to do with your culpability in a murder

of course not, why did you bring it up?

Lets execute the guy

He was not

RW, the problem is you're just talking out your ass.....because you agree with the jury and if it serves your political side, you're ok with deaths......illegals, blacks (as long as it isn't white killers, then that's bad), you guys have no problem with criminals at all......as long as it helps the cause......

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-nazaryan-kate-steinle-verdict-20171203-story.html

Issues of immigration, or Garcia Zarate’s criminal record, were not admissible in Judge Samuel Feng’s courtroom

Good article

It is evident that Garcia Zarate was not El Chapo running around murdering innocent white women

He was a homeless bum, living on the streets, doing what he can to survive

The key issue in the case appeared to be the gun, how easily it fired and the ballistics of the shot

Zarates criminal record and immigration status had NOTHING to do with whether he intentionally murdered the woman

Lets execute the guy

He was not

breaking those laws five times does make one a hardened criminal. WTF does whether he was "hardened" have to do with it. I never said he was hardened, only a repeat offender who was harbored illegally by a sanctuary city and such harboring resulted in the death of an innocent American girl, and you are happy with him walking free because you don't like Trump???????????????? Do you have any working brain cells?

Lets execute the guy

He was not

The Kate Steinle verdict will please few, and be manipulated by many

Good article

It is evident that Garcia Zarate was not El Chapo running around murdering innocent white women

The key issue in the case appeared to be the gun, how easily it fired and the ballistics of the shot

Zarates criminal record and immigration status had NOTHING to do with whether he intentionally murdered the woman

Look dude, for the final time. You don't have to intend to violate the law in order to violate the law. Intent has nothing to do with innocence or guilt of negligent homicide----or speeding to give you an analogy you might understand.

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

ok so first.....he did have a criminal record.....outside of illegally entering the country....aka a "hardened criminal"
And you believe it was an accident.......and unicorns are real!

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

the question is not whether he intentionally murdered her, the question is whether he is responsible for her death----------and he is.

bottom line, if the guy was in Mexico where he belonged, Kate would still be alive. Blame SFO, blame the border, blame Obama, blame Trump, or blame global warming. That is the bottom line.

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

Look dude, for the final time. You don't have to intend to violate the law in order to violate the law. Intent has nothing to do with innocence or guilt of negligent homicide----or speeding to give you an analogy you might understand.

You have to intend to murder in order to have second degree murder

If the prosecution wanted to prove negligent manslaughter...they should have presented evidence that it was negligent manslaughter instead of intentional murder

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

ok so first.....he did have a criminal record.....outside of illegally entering the country....aka a "hardened criminal"

No

Hardened criminal commit violent crimes ....assault, rape, murder
Sneaking across a border does not constitute a hardened criminal

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

I was not on the jury and neither were you
We did not hear the evidence presented to the jury or how the judge charged them

Much of the case centered on how easy the gun was to accidentally discharge and the strange ballistics of the shot

The prosecution said this evidence proved an intentional murder...the defense said it proved an accident

From the above article

There was only one question: Did he mean to fire that gun?

I went to trial one day — and promptly fell asleep. The testimony was about trigger pulls. There was also talk of ballistics. It was dull stuff, but inspiring for that exact reason. Whatever verdict the jury ultimately reached, I knew this was how it was supposed to work: a cool competition between facts, not a heated ideological battle.

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

If the prosecution wanted to prove negligent manslaughter...they should have presented evidence that it was negligent manslaughter instead of intentional murder

wait, they have a different set of evidence for manslaughter? Gee, I thought they presented the evidence and facts of the case.....and then the jury has options.......hence

things like this:

A jury in the trial of Kaitlyn Conley, a 24-year-old charged with second-degree murder in the death of Mary Louise Yoder of Whitesboro, has found the Conley guilty of first-degree manslaughter, according to media reports.

Kaitlyn Conley murder trial verdict: Jury says guilty of manslaughter

See same trial......DA went murder, she got manslaughter...you really need to learn how the country works.....please do so for everyone's sake

PS: will you lefties please do a rudimentary google search before posting...it's not hard to do...took me like 5 seconds.

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

We did not hear the evidence presented to the jury or how the judge charged them

Much of the case centered on how easy the gun was to accidentally discharge and the strange ballistics of the shot

The prosecution said this evidence proved an intentional murder...the defense said it proved an accident

From the above article

I went to trial one day — and promptly fell asleep. The testimony was about trigger pulls. There was also talk of ballistics. It was dull stuff, but inspiring for that exact reason. Whatever verdict the jury ultimately reached, I knew this was how it was supposed to work: a cool competition between facts, not a heated ideological battle.

An accident? That's a different topic....we were talking about the charge and result........which I have proven has nothing to do with the charge by the DA........once we agree on that, we can move on to motive.

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

wait, they have a different set of evidence for manslaughter? Gee, I thought they presented the evidence and facts of the case.....and then the jury has options.......hence

things like this:

A jury in the trial of Kaitlyn Conley, a 24-year-old charged with second-degree murder in the death of Mary Louise Yoder of Whitesboro, has found the Conley guilty of first-degree manslaughter, according to media reports.

Kaitlyn Conley murder trial verdict: Jury says guilty of manslaughter

See same trial......DA went murder, she got manslaughter...you really need to learn how the country works.....please do so for everyone's sake

PS: will you lefties please do a rudimentary google search before posting...it's not hard to do...took me like 5 seconds.

I did not sit on the jury, neither did you

It seems the evidence presented was whether it was an accidental firing or not. The jury went through extensive evidence on the gun and the ballistics of the shot bouncing off the pavement

They deliberated SIX days on that evidence and agreed it was an accident

Lets execute the guy

He was not

Good article

From the above article

An accident? That's a different topic....we were talking about the charge and result........which I have proven has nothing to do with the charge by the DA........once we agree on that, we can move on to motive.
Nope don't agree

Read what I posted

Forum List

Back